Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call to Action from Athens, GA!

Call to Action from Athens, GA!

Hello everyone! I'm from Athens for Ron Paul, and don't ya'll worry.... we're fighting this.

Because the incredibly corrupt meeting was illegally closed and the delegate slate illegally voted on, according to Robert's Rule of Order, we had the right to reconvene the meeting and throw out their delegate slate. We did. We voted on and passed our own delegate slate, legally. Everything was done totally by the books. The paperwork has been submitted.
    So, now, the state GOP has two slates of delegates on their hands from Athens-Clarke county. They have to pick one.

What we need:
    Help us put pressure on our state and local GOP! We need to change the conversation. Instead of yelling at the state GOP about how pissed and screwed over we are, demand that they choose our delegate slate!
    Tell them that the slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and therefore should be the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.

Contact Info, priority from the highest to lowest:

Georgia Republican Party Headquarters
    3110 Maple Drive
    Suite 150
    Atlanta, GA 30305
    Phone: (404) 257-5559
    Fax: (404) 257-0779

Sue Everhart's Email: severhart(at)gagop(dot)org

Georgia GOP: info(at)gagop(dot)org

Local Officials:
    Chairman: Matt Brewster
    chairman(at)athensgop(dot)com

Vice Chair: Karen Schwind
    kssch2(at)yahoo(dot)com

2nd Vice Chair: Tim Wright
    timwright33(at)hotmail(dot)com

Treasurer: Michelle Burnum
    mrbchim(at)aol(dot)com

Secretary: Chelsea Magee
    secretary(at)athensgop(dot)com
    Last edited by FrankieBrown25; 03-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AWESOME work guys!!!

Everyone keep this and contact everyone on the list as soon as possible. Let's not let them cheat us out of this one. If they think they can run us over in this one they'll start doing it elsewhere.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Get this stuff in the local news. Reporters love a good controversy. And petty politicians hate to look bad.

Ben Swann is going to do a piece on this on Fox19 Cincinnatti (or whatever his station is) he said around Monday. Do you have anything he should have besides that youtube video?

And welcome to the forum!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Is there a youtube link for the re-convened meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ben Swann is going to do a piece on this on Fox19 Cincinnatti (or whatever his station is) he said around Monday. Do you have anything he should have besides that youtube video?

And welcome to the forum!
    I've been in contact with Ben Swann on and off since before the video was released publicly. He hasn't been updated on our new strategy, though. We really need to focus the conversation around this whole thing so it doesn't fade away. Over 70 delegates come out of Georgia, 16 from Athens-Clarke county alone. It would be good to get their delegate slate thrown out, but it would be much, much better to get it thrown out and replaced with ours.

And thanks =).

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieBrown25 View Post
    I've been in contact with Ben Swann on and off since before the video was released publicly. He hasn't been updated on our new strategy, though. We really need to focus the conversation around this whole thing so it doesn't fade away. Over 70 delegates come out of Georgia, 16 from Athens-Clarke county alone. It would be good to get their delegate slate thrown out, but it would be much, much better to get it thrown out and replaced with ours.

And thanks =).
    Frankie Brown. Repping Athens, GA like a Boss!!

And for you other RPF'ers, she's a cutie.....
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this is the perfect opportunity to do a robocall to your lists and inform them of the situation.. and have a transfer option..

"Press 1 to have your call transferred to the Republican Party Headquarters and let them know we will not stand for these practices"

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I shared this post on Doug Wead's blog. It would be great if they sent out an email to GA people on their list of donors and such. I would guess that Doug could make this happen.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I shared this post on Doug Wead's blog. It would be great if they sent out an email to GA people on their list of donors and such. I would guess that Doug could make this happen.
    Or a live call transfer robocall =) -- the campaign will not do that though, IMHO, but grassroots can if they have a list.

//
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 03-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Frankie Brown. Repping Athens, GA like a Boss!!

And for you other RPF'ers, she's a cutie.....
    Thank you for the RealityCheck Mr. Swann

@OP, Frankie since this is the main thread now here's your update.
    Working on a 'bite sized' release of this for social media, mean time a presentation of it is already submitted to the website I mentioned and I've tossed an SMS to my buddy so it gets streamlined through approval. Next up, passing the list & message on to a few supporters I know personally and then firing off e-mails to your list.

The board says I can't give you any more rep yet but I'm sure you and your people down there have more than earned it. And once again welcome to the forums.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Thank you for the RealityCheck Mr. Swann

@OP, Frankie since this is the main thread now here's your update.
    Working on a 'bite sized' release of this for social media, mean time a presentation of it is already submitted to the website I mentioned and I've tossed an SMS to my buddy so it gets streamlined through approval. Next up, passing the list & message on to a few supporters I know personally and then firing off e-mails to your list.

The board says I can't give you any more rep yet but I'm sure you and your people down there have more than earned it. And once again welcome to the forums.
    Wonderful, thanks so much! I'm so excited to see how much attention our plight has gotten here. It's really heartening. We've all been working very hard, and we all appreciate the help.

good work, get this to the local media, that will put some pressure on them.
    find some state house members and senators and convince them to speak on the behalf of rules.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

bump

eyes on people, make sure you pitch in you're at a keyboard, just go ahead and do it right now

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hello, Ms. Everhart

I was greatly dismayed at the way the March 10th, 2012 meeting of the Athens-Clarke County GOP was conducted in blatant violation of Robert’s Rules of Order, but was glad to learn that the meeting was reconvened the next day and the situation rectified.

Because the March 10th meeting was illegally closed after the delegate slate improperly voted on, in accordance with Robert's Rule of Order, the meeting was rightly reconvened and the delegate slate that had been chosen improperly was discarded and a new one chosen, following proper procedure. Corrected paperwork has been submitted.
    The slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and it the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.

The eyes of the nation are upon the Athens-Clarke County GOP to ensure that they do the right thing and adopt the legal slate of delegates.

Tod xxxxx

Cc: News Media Outlets
    Sent to Everhart and copied to the rest of the GOP addresses, and Bcc'd to Ben Swann, MSNBC, Fox, and WGATV ( jdantre at wugatv dot org )
    Last edited by Tod; 03-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

e-mailed to all members of the list and gop party GA HQ
    I am writing you as a concerned citizen and member of the GOP. The rule braking and misconduct that occurred during the Athens-Clarke county proceedings must not be allowed to stand and tarnish our good name in the eyes of the nation as we move forward in our efforts to unseat Barack Obama.
    Please take all measures to expediently ensure the restoration of the rules, the slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and therefore should be the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.

Regardless of our personal candidate preference we simply cannot allow such events to become a spectacle and damage party unity at this crucial time.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but I wonder how much good it will do to ask the corrupt folks who planned and executed the fiasco that happened last Saturday to correct the situation.

Per RONR (11th Ed), p. 387 ll. 1-25, the vote taken at the meeting on video must be disregarded. I'm not sure whether or not the slate taken at the alternate meeting will hold (haven't looked into the rules for reconvening a GA county convention), but there is no question that the vote taken on video was invalidated by their behavior. If neither vote is valid, the county will have to reconvene the delegates on proper notice or they won't get to send any delegates to the state convention. Better be on the watch!

Everyone should submit that video to drudge report.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Forgive me if I'm missing something but I wonder how much good it will do to ask the corrupt folks who planned and executed the fiasco that happened last Saturday to correct the situation.
    Gives them less wiggle room when Ben Swann does his report. They can't claim no one objected/they didn't know etc. if there's anything that works on changing a politicians behavior (aside from lobby money) it's a spot light

Speaking of which
    Quote Originally Posted by doremedia View Post
    Everyone should submit that video to drudge report.
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 03-15-2012 at 10:52 PM.

If it were just you and I, probably not much good. It has to be a LOT of people and news organizations applying pressure to them to do the right thing.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieBrown25 View Post

And thanks =).
    Do you have footage of the reconvened session? Even if it's not ready for release at this point that could be useful in applying pressure as well (I've had a couple of folks ask about the 'second half' of the video because they wanted to see the proper session as well )

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what I've got. Stole most parts from Tod. + rep and thank you.

Will check back/edit/spell check in a few hrs and send it off to the addresses. Thanks Frankie Brown for the opportunity to help.

bump

Aloha from Hawaii, this year marks the first year Republicans were able to easily participate in choosing a candidate in our state, it also marks the first year other folks not of the 'Republican persuasion' were invited to actually join the GOP and for their participation through the GOP, actually receive something in good faith -a vote.

I understand GA isn't Hawaii, however, when growing a party it is essential to have things on the 'up and up' or folks are likely to go find another brand.

I was absoultely disapointed to hear the way the March 10th, 2012 meeting of the Athens-Clarke County GOP was conducted in blatant violation of Robert’s Rules of Order, but was glad to learn that the meeting was reconvened the next day and the situation rectified.

Because the March 10th meeting was illegally closed after the delegate slate improperly voted on, in accordance with Robert's Rule of Order, the meeting was rightly reconvened and the delegate slate that had been chosen improperly was discarded and a new one chosen, following proper procedure. Corrected paperwork has been submitted.
    The slate passed at the reconvened meeting of Athens-Clarke county which was held on March 11, 2012, is the only legal slate from that county and it the only slate that qualifies to have its delegates and alternates proceed to the District and State conventions.

The GOP in Hawaii are watching, as are those new to the party. We are watching the Athens-Clarke County GOP to ensure that they do the right thing and adopt the legal slate of delegates.

As one who has been denied easy access to the GOP selection process, and as one wants to grow the GOP by inviting new prospects, it is imperitive that I have faith in the 'product'. I will not continue to sell a party that breaks their own rules.

Please do the right thing.

Sincerely, ***** *******

It helps expose how far up the tree the rot goes. Keep appealing to every level of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    It helps expose how far up the tree the rot goes. Keep appealing to every level of the party.
    So if the lower-level demons won't help, we appeal directly to Satan himself, eh?

So if the lower-level demons won't help, we appeal directly to Satan himself, eh?
    It's no loss on our part to crowd them as much as possible. Upside is we get our slate, downside is business as usual. Exerting a little action won't get us anything less than what they're scheming right now. Anyway, sent them my .02$

Way to go Frankie, you rock!!

I am a fellow Athens for Ron Paul-er, by the way! It's so cool that we are getting national attention and help with this. We need to change the corrupt GOP from the inside (or outside, the important thing is that it changes).

Call bomb now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast