Thread: Bitcoin Decrypted

Lightbulb Bitcoin Decrypted

Bitcoin Decrypted is an introduction to Bitcoin that spans practical, technical, historical, and social-theory perspectives in an integrated narrative. You will not find a better intro in all the internets from an Austro-Libertarian perspective.

Part I

Part II

Part III

The main series page: http://konradsgraf.com/bitcoin-decrypted
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's still early folks.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    It's still early folks.
    I wish I would have jumped in when people were first talking about it here.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I wish I would have jumped in when people were first talking about it here.
    Hope no one on the boards jumped into Ripple. One major lawsuit by the US Gov and one of the top crypto currencies is falling to nothing. While ripple has been a centralized entity unlike Bitcoin, it still shows the power the US gov can wield at destroying crypto value.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Hope no one on the boards jumped into Ripple. One major lawsuit by the US Gov and one of the top crypto currencies is falling to nothing. While ripple has been a centralized entity unlike Bitcoin, it still shows the power the US gov can wield at destroying crypto value.
    I think I have a few thousand dollars worth, but I only spent like $40 on it when I bought in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    From reports, it looks like the SEC wants to regulate Ripple like a security, and not like a currency. And major crypto exchanges have abandoned Ripple to this regulatory attack.

Seems to be a parallel with gold, which is treated as a collectable, and not a currency.

Monopolies don’t like competition, and considering how many dollars are being created, US government actions against competing currencies will probably be shifting into high gear.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    From reports, it looks like the SEC wants to regulate Ripple like a security, and not like a currency. And major crypto exchanges have abandoned Ripple to this regulatory attack.

Seems to be a parallel with gold, which is treated as a collectable, and not a currency.

Monopolies don’t like competition, and considering how many dollars are being created, US government actions against competing currencies will probably be shifting into high gear.
    Ripple has always been an odd stepchild of crypto. Not decentralized, sitting on a pile of tokens that the devs get regular chunks of, and their main use case was replacing SWIFT within the banking world. Since they were going in so deep with the banking world I am not surprised they are trying to be regulated like a bank.

Of course with that said we have seen the response to the growing acceptance of any crypto by the world. Gov wanting to limit private wallets in the US, France, and other countries could change the entire landscape. Coinbase going public is going to be a huge IPO, and then they will become one of the accepted new monopolies to allow crypto usage, such as paypal. Trying to force things back into the banker's world.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

It's still early folks.
    Was $26k USD when I said this, and now $38k USD...

Far earlier to FB friends - $16k AUD and now $50k AUD.

Avoid all $#@!coins...

Still early (risk is having to sell), auto dollar cost average for the best gains... set and forget.

Worthy Threads:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was $26k USD when I said this, and now $38k USD...

Far earlier to FB friends - $16k AUD and now $50k AUD.

Avoid all $#@!coins...

Still early (risk is having to sell), auto dollar cost average for the best gains... set and forget.
    $47k USD.

Worthy Threads:

$47k USD.
    Can you recommend one or two methods for auto-investing? I already have a very small amount but I would like to buy in more regularly, especially since we're below ATH right now.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Can you recommend one or two methods for auto-investing? I already have a very small amount but I would like to buy in more regularly, especially since we're below ATH right now.
    Robinhood for sure, pretty sure both Coinbase and Gemini, I think most places will do it.

Not sure if you can send your btc from Robinhood, so if you're transferring to a wallet might want to use a regular exchange. Robinhood is probably a pretty safe place to keep it, tho, if you're doing it for investment purposes.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-03-2022 at 02:16 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Bitcoin has nothing to do with investing. It's a savings technology.

Dollar cost averaging is the best method (DCA).

Swam Bitcoin for US, exchange - setting up auto buys (weekly performed best last decade).

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Robinhood for sure, pretty sure both Coinbase and Gemini, I think most places will do it.

Not sure if you can send your btc from Robinhood, so if you're transferring to a wallet might want to use a regular exchange. Robinhood is probably a pretty safe place to keep it, tho, if you're doing it for investment purposes.
    Avoid coinbase like the plague, as well as Geimini.

Robinhood - absolutely not.

NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR COINS! - It's drilled into every bitcoiners head for a reason. Any bitcoin on an exchange, ain't yours. Open to getting hacked etc.

Make sure to send to your own wallet (hot - e.g. Blue Wallet), or cold (e.g. Cold Card).

Worthy Threads:

Swam Bitcoin for US, exchange - setting up auto buys (weekly performed best last decade).

NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR COINS! - It's drilled into every bitcoiners head for a reason. Any bitcoin on an exchange, ain't yours. Open to getting hacked etc.

Make sure to send to your own wallet (hot - e.g. Blue Wallet), or cold (e.g. Cold Card).
    Yes, a cold storage wallet is the safest place, especially if you have a lot.

If you're putting in a few hundred bucks a month, at this point, robinhood is probably a better option than keeping it on most exchanges. I think they are insured, plus they are well diversified beyond crypto. But if the system collapses and robinhood goes under, a cold storage would be the best option.

Thanks.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28