Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    ILS interference during an Autoland.
    The hell you say...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The hell you say...

Between 11:09:02 UTC (altitude about 110 ft) and 11:09:10 UTC (altitude about 30 ft) the three parallel working localizer antennas aboard the airplane recorded signals which showed an irregular beam deviation.
    An airplane (BAe AVRO) taxied at the same time over the High Speed Taxiway B4 onto the runway and started the take-off run about 20 seconds later. At that time the B 777 was about 2.1 NM prior to the runway in an altitude of about 700 ft AGL. At 12:09:09 hrs the B777 crossed the threshold of runway 08R in an altitude of 40 ft.
    Six seconds later the BAe AVRO left the end of the runway in an altitude of about 380 ft. At 12:09:29 hrs the BAe AVRO overflew the ILS localizer antenna of runway 08R in 740 ft.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The price of jet fuel has continued to skyrocket over the last year, currently clocking in at a whopping 36.5 percent higher than at this time last year. In order to cope with the resulting massive increase in operational costs, commercial airlines have been reducing the number of flights run on select routes and are presently considering raising fares.
    Just this month several major airlines have announced major cutbacks in flights. American Airlines announced it would be suspending all flights between Chicago and Shanghai during the month of October, as well as reducing the number of flights between Chicago and Tokyo’s Narita International Airport, cutting down from daily service to just three times a week, explicitly citing the current price of jet fuel as a prime reason for these decisions. On the very same day as American’s announcement, Hawaiian Airlines suspended their own flight service between Beijing and Honolulu. It’s extremely evident that even major airlines are scrambling to keep up with rising fuel costs without raising prices for a cost-conscious consumer base.

More at: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...Expensive.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The price of jet fuel has continued to skyrocket over the last year, currently clocking in at a whopping 36.5 percent higher than at this time last year. In order to cope with the resulting massive increase in operational costs, commercial airlines have been reducing the number of flights run on select routes and are presently considering raising fares.
    Just this month several major airlines have announced major cutbacks in flights. American Airlines announced it would be suspending all flights between Chicago and Shanghai during the month of October, as well as reducing the number of flights between Chicago and Tokyo’s Narita International Airport, cutting down from daily service to just three times a week, explicitly citing the current price of jet fuel as a prime reason for these decisions. On the very same day as American’s announcement, Hawaiian Airlines suspended their own flight service between Beijing and Honolulu. It’s extremely evident that even major airlines are scrambling to keep up with rising fuel costs without raising prices for a cost-conscious consumer base.

More at: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...Expensive.html
    What has Danke done about rising fuel costs ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What has Danke done about rising fuel costs ?
    He has undoubtedly been wasting fuel in sufficient quantities to drive up the price.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

MILE HIGH THUGS Brits start mass brawl on Easyjet plane after woman ‘gets her boobs out and starts

Footage shows a group of passengers on plane from Luton to Ibiza pushing and shoving as tempers flared after it was claimed she was also doing cartwheels down the aisle.

The footage was captured by a passenger called Josh who told Unilad: “We got on the plane and her friends were all seated at the back, and she was at the front amongst guys who were giving her more drink.
    “She was up lap-dancing on them and she got her boobs out, and she was a mess the whole time.
    “She was also doing cartwheels down the aisle of the plane while we were flying along.”
    There is no suggestion that the woman referred to is in the video but her reported behaviour is said to have led to the incident.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/713357...obs-lap-dance/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

@Danke, do something...

Pilot shortage keeps some CAL FIRE air tankers grounded

https://fireaviation.com/2018/09/04/...kers-grounded/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I have taken a lot of african flights with what I suspect were russian pilots. Never had any of the good peanuts .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    @Danke, do something...
    Gimme a time and type waiver and I'll fly 'em.

An American Airlines pilot came to the rescue with pizza after passengers were stranded due to Texas weather.
    American Airlines Flight 2354 from Los Angeles to Dallas-Fort Worth was rerouted to Wichita Falls on Thursday after thunderstorms hit the area, leaving 159 people stuck until the next day.
    That’s when when the plane’s captain decided to order 40 boxes of Papa Johns and deliver it to passengers himself.
    A Twitter video of the thoughtful moment shows the plane’s captain, Jeff Raines, handing out the boxes to passengers lined up on the airport curb.
    “I don't think I've seen this before," Josh Raines, an employee who shot the video, wrote alongside his tweet.
    Bystanders can be heard saying, “What a guy!”
    While the captain thanked people for their compliments, he made sure to clarify that the gesture was a team effort.
    “My First Officer was on the telephone with crew tracking / hotel desk arranging for our release and hotels for the entire crew. The Flight Attendants manned a galley cart from the aircraft serving waters, juice, and sodas to all the passengers in the terminal,” Raines wrote on his Facebook page. “All while the Envoy SPS Personnel were arranging for a bus, re-booking flights, and answering a flurry of questions from these passengers. Thanks to everyone for your help – there is no “I” in TEAM.”
    The scheduled flight took off the next day, American Airlines said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/thoughtfu...114851441.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That’s when when the plane’s captain decided to order 40 boxes of Papa Johns and deliver it to passengers himself.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I can't think of a manual adjustment that would blow out everybody's ears due to rapid depressurization... @Danke ?

Air pressure mix-up causes mass bleeding on Indian flight

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...light-10740118

20 Sep 2018 03:03PM (Updated: 20 Sep 2018 03:47PM)

MUMBAI: A cockpit mix-up left more than 30 passengers on an Indian plane bleeding from their ears and noses on Thursday (Sep 20) after the crew forgot to flick a switch regulating cabin air pressure.

The Jet Airways flight to Jaipur had to turn back as the alarming symptoms became apparent, the airline said, with one traveller describing "panic" on board.

The plane carrying 166 passengers landed back in Mumbai and those affected were given medical attention while alternative flights were arranged, Jet Airways said.

The flight crew "has been taken off scheduled duties pending investigation", the company said in a statement.

People on board posted photos and videos of the calamity online, with one purported passenger, Darshak Hathi, uploading footage on Twitter showing travellers using oxygen masks.

"Panic situation due to technical fault in @jetairways 9W 0697 going from Mumbai to Jaipur," he tweeted.

"Flt return back to Mumbai after 45 mts. All passengers are safe including me," he added.

Darshak Hathi@DarshakHathi
    Panic situation due to technical fault in @jetairways 9W 0697 going from Mumbai to Jaipur. Flt return back to Mumbai after 45 mts. All passengers are safe including me.
    9:35 PM - Sep 19, 2018 · Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM)

India's Ministry of Civil Aviation said in a tweet it had sought an "immediate report" from official agencies.

The incident is the latest in a string of embarrassing incidents for the airline which, like other Indian carriers, has been suffering financially.

In January, two Jet Airways pilots were grounded for getting into a brawl and storming out of the cockpit briefly during a New Year's Day flight from London to Mumbai.

Jet Airways in Mumbai ? Ya , probably Danke .
    Do something Danke

Maybe making $#@! run on time and not gate raping us might help.

Miami’s airport tries therapy dogs to soothe stressed-out travelers

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/t...218722150.html

BY HOWARD COHEN
    hcohen@miamiherald.com
    September 20, 2018 12:06 PM
    Updated 33 minutes ago

Flying too stressful these days?

Of course it is.

Would a visit from a cute therapy dog make your layover a bit less unpleasant?

That’s what travel officials at Miami International Airport hope as it starts a new therapy dog program, the Miami Hound Machine, on Monday, Sept. 24.

The first five MIA Volunteer K-9 Ambassadors — Abbey, Belle, Dash, Donovan and Pico — and their owners will greet passengers and, presumably, make them feel better, inside Concourse D.

According to Miami-Dade Aviation spokesman Greg Chin, the therapy dogs will visit the airport “during peak travel periods at MIA to de-stress and comfort, where they will spread love and warmth to travelers.”

The dogs will work on shifts of about two hours at a time during peak travel times year round.

Says Chin: “Therapy dogs are a no-brainer for airport customer service. If a passenger is having a bad day or under stress, what’s better than a loving, happy dog to put you at ease? They’re known as man’s best friend for a reason.”

According to CNBC, several airports — including Denver, Los Angeles and Cincinnati — have adopted similar dog therapy programs for its travelers.

The Miami Hound Machine program relies on certified therapy dogs from the Alliance of Therapy Dogs, an international registry of certified therapy dog teams.

MIA has had a couple recent trial runs with the four-legged K-9 volunteers, Chin said, and “they are a hit.”

BY HOWARD COHEN
    hcohen@miamiherald.com
    Updated 33 minutes ago

Of course it is.

That’s what travel officials at Miami International Airport hope as it starts a new therapy dog program, the Miami Hound Machine, on Monday, Sept. 24.

The first five MIA Volunteer K-9 Ambassadors — Abbey, Belle, Dash, Donovan and Pico — and their owners will greet passengers and, presumably, make them feel better, inside Concourse D.

According to Miami-Dade Aviation spokesman Greg Chin, the therapy dogs will visit the airport “during peak travel periods at MIA to de-stress and comfort, where they will spread love and warmth to travelers.”

The dogs will work on shifts of about two hours at a time during peak travel times year round.

Says Chin: “Therapy dogs are a no-brainer for airport customer service. If a passenger is having a bad day or under stress, what’s better than a loving, happy dog to put you at ease? They’re known as man’s best friend for a reason.”

According to CNBC, several airports — including Denver, Los Angeles and Cincinnati — have adopted similar dog therapy programs for its travelers.

The Miami Hound Machine program relies on certified therapy dogs from the Alliance of Therapy Dogs, an international registry of certified therapy dog teams.

MIA has had a couple recent trial runs with the four-legged K-9 volunteers, Chin said, and “they are a hit.”
    Its a trap , drug sniffing dogs , DEA agents will observe and you will be stopped later after you pick up your baggage.
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would love a visit from an kind of dog any time. I saw a giant dalmatian in a home improvement store today. I respectfully and politely asked if the dog liked to be petted. The answer was yes and I took a few minutes to pet this gorgeous dog. We have been pet-free for several years and I really miss having a dog around. I would love to visit with a dog at the airport.

We don’t have plans to fly any time soon. I will be driving to visit my new grandson and his 4 siblings next week.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Gimme a time and type waiver and I'll fly 'em.
    I have a few hours of jet experience in FSX. I could probably fly it no problem
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I can't think of a manual adjustment that would blow out everybody's ears due to rapid depressurization... @Danke ?

Air pressure mix-up causes mass bleeding on Indian flight

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...light-10740118

20 Sep 2018 03:03PM (Updated: 20 Sep 2018 03:47PM)

MUMBAI: A cockpit mix-up left more than 30 passengers on an Indian plane bleeding from their ears and noses on Thursday (Sep 20) after the crew forgot to flick a switch regulating cabin air pressure.

The Jet Airways flight to Jaipur had to turn back as the alarming symptoms became apparent, the airline said, with one traveller describing "panic" on board.

The plane carrying 166 passengers landed back in Mumbai and those affected were given medical attention while alternative flights were arranged, Jet Airways said.

The flight crew "has been taken off scheduled duties pending investigation", the company said in a statement.

People on board posted photos and videos of the calamity online, with one purported passenger, Darshak Hathi, uploading footage on Twitter showing travellers using oxygen masks.

"Panic situation due to technical fault in @jetairways 9W 0697 going from Mumbai to Jaipur," he tweeted.

"Flt return back to Mumbai after 45 mts. All passengers are safe including me," he added.

Darshak Hathi@DarshakHathi
    Panic situation due to technical fault in @jetairways 9W 0697 going from Mumbai to Jaipur. Flt return back to Mumbai after 45 mts. All passengers are safe including me.
    9:35 PM - Sep 19, 2018 · Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM)

India's Ministry of Civil Aviation said in a tweet it had sought an "immediate report" from official agencies.

The incident is the latest in a string of embarrassing incidents for the airline which, like other Indian carriers, has been suffering financially.

In January, two Jet Airways pilots were grounded for getting into a brawl and storming out of the cockpit briefly during a New Year's Day flight from London to Mumbai.
    Story doesn't make any sense, which is typical.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

BY HOWARD COHEN
    hcohen@miamiherald.com
    Updated 33 minutes ago

Of course it is.

They have those at MSP airport. Can't imagine wanting to pet a dog that hundreds of others have been touching all day.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Must be a new kind of food poisoning .
    Do something Danke

Everyone knows airport dogs are a trap . Walk the other way .
    Do something Danke

Yah, that was my first thought as well.

You should pad your budget for your next vacation: Your air travel is likely to be a bit more expensive.
    Delta dal said yesterday it has raised its baggage fees on domestic flights from $25 to $30 for the first bag and from $35 to $40 for the second. It’s following in the footsteps of JetBlue jblu , United Airlines ual , Air Canada and West Jet, which all raised their baggage fees by $5 in the past month.
    American Airlines aal has not yet announced any such baggage fee increases, but industry observers expect it’s just a matter of time. Southwest Airlines luv remains the only major U.S. carrier with no fees for the first two bags.

More at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-a...093137583.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Is Air Canada hiring the best and brightest from Asia? Captain Wai Tu Lo have a new job?

Do something...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Looks like I have a flight week from tomorrow I cannot avoid . The return trip will be my last probably until I decide if I an going to take a birth certificate to the license branch to get the new id to fly next yr . I am leaning towards not . The kids all know where I live they can come and see me . I hate airports .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Looks like I have a flight week from tomorrow I cannot avoid . The return trip will be my last probably until I decide if I an going to take a birth certificate to the license branch to get the new id to fly next yr . I am leaning towards not . The kids all know where I live they can come and see me . I hate airports .
    You could always get your own gyrocopter and fly yourself anywhere you need to go.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast