Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The End: AC/DC 1973-2014

The one that put them on the map....

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I liked Bon Scott more than Brian Johnson. But Johnson is an ok singer.

I read rumors that for years and albums after Bonn's death they were still using his songs and lyrics.

Hope Malcolm recovers. They all most be in their 60's now or close right?
    As a hardcore AC/DC fan all I know of are a few songs he was a part if on Back In Black. His estate still won't release his BIB recordings and I $#@!ing hate them for it

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    $#@!ing love it

New album is out:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

the first time i heard AC/DC was at a party, and someone put on this new album called 'If you want blood...' Whole Lotta Rosie got my attention real fast...damn...still kicks ass..

crikey, I first saw this band at a Toledo speedway Jam when I was 18.
    (or close enough)
    I had to order the album from frickin Australia!
    things were MUCH different back in 78.
    RIP Bon..

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Reports of the death of AC/DC have been greatly exaggerated.

New material:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Angus Young - Angus and Malcolm Young closer after dementia diagnosis

by Bang Showbiz | 28 November 2014

The 61-year-old rocker was forced to leave their group AC/DC earlier this year after being gripped by the condition - which causes memory loss and confusion - but his younger sibling and bandmate was ''surprised'' at how much he wanted to plan for the 'Back in Black' star before he was unable to continue.
    Angus, 59, said: ''His symptoms started around the 'Black Ice Tour' [during 2008-2010] but he said he wanted to continue. I kept asking him if he wanted to go on and he did.
    ''Then when he'd seen a few different people and was diagnosed, he said he would go on with the band for as long as he could play. He did very well.''
    Did it make us closer? Yes for sure. Even when he was ill. When touring he didn't have great days. So I'd sit with him and we'd talk.
    ''He'd surprise me, by talking about things such as how we should do some open-air shows. But then he's always been our leader and it was just good to have that feedback.''
    Though Malcolm - who is now in a full-time nursing home in Sydney, Australia - gave his blessing for the band to continue and has been replaced on rhythm guitar by his nephew Stevie Young, the group found it ''hard'' recording new album 'Rock or Bust' without him.
    Guitarist Angus told The Sun newspaper: ''We missed Malcolm from the very start. Especially when we've got tough decisions to make.
    ''But I'm pleased he got to hear the album. One of my other nephews in Australia took the record in for him to hear. And he loved it.
    ''My nephew said Malcolm was happy and had a big smile on his face. That was very moving to hear.''

http://hub.contactmusic.com/story/an...gnosis_4483882

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

No doubt he is happy that they are carrying on.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There was something in the news the other week about one of them being implicated in a murder plot. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    There was something in the news the other week about one of them being implicated in a murder plot. Could be wrong.
    It was the drummer. Drugs, paranoia, hitman, stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...one-dirt-cheap

Bad boy boogie........

For @<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=3169" target="_blank">Anti Federalist</a></u>

Last edited by phill4paul; 12-18-2016 at 08:10 PM.

My brother in law likes my fat ass-ed sister. He loves a big woman. I'm not so much into them. But, this IS his favorite song...........Wjole lotta.................

Rock bands aren't supposed to last 40 years. It's always embarrassing when they try.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Rock bands aren't supposed to last 40 years. It's always embarrassing when they try.
    Disagree. B&B proved that.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you have a talent for something, what the hell else are you to do if you're still around 40 years later?

She got the Jack,,,

ready for the rocking chair are we?...

lol...

check out Alice Cooper live in Montreux 2005...Alice is 56 in the DIRTY DIAMONDS tour,.....epic performance imho...he's still killing it today at 67 with younger musicians...

I guess many wouldn't consider Angus Young to be in their top ten guitarists. He was no Hendrix or Page or Vaughn.
    But, he did have chops. And in his prime he had energy. To spare.

I've not seen this Paris footage. Good stuff.

Young bucks.. On the cusp of greatness...

Broke the damn strings. Changed the Gretch Falcon out then got right back to it. Gamesmanship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12