Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beto Pushes "War Tax" For Non-Military Households

Beto Pushes "War Tax" For Non-Military Households

• Sanders is paying off all your student debt and giving everyone (including illegal immigrants) free healthcare.
    • Warren wants reparations for gay couples over taxes.
    • Harris and Booker want reparations for black people over slavery.

So how is the rest of the Democratic presidential nominee field (now up to 24) supposed to signal their virtue without #MeToo-ing the other front-runners?
    Beto O'Rourke has an idea...

In order to improve healthcare for veterans (an undoubtedly needed policy change), the 2020-hopeful is proposing a "war tax" on American households without military service members or veterans.
    As The Texas Tribune reports, the war tax would be a progressive tax on adjusted gross income. The tax would range from $25 for those making less than $30,000 per year to $1,000 for those earning over $200,000 every year.
    We must be willing to pay any price, and bear any burden, to provide the full care, support, and resources to every single veteran who served every single one of us," O'Rourke said in a statement, adding that the best way to honor veterans is to "cancel the blank check for endless war - and reinvest the savings to ensure every American can thrive upon their return home."
    The veterans plan takes O'Rourke back to a constituency that he prioritized during his three terms representing El Paso - home to Fort Bliss - in the House. He served on both the House Armed Services and Veterans' Affairs committees, and he held quarterly town halls specifically for veterans.
    Simple question - don't we already pay taxes to cover this? Maybe, just maybe, if we stopped $#@!ing fighting useless wars (and forcing regime change) around the world, the money saved from the "defense" budget could be diverted to veterans' care with no need for yet more taxes and yet more 'fair share' paid by those that have?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ary-households
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Empty Promises.
    The reparations will never happen.

Veterans should pay zero in taxes.

Except the foreign ones, like Oyarde.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

What about the children of veterans?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I would suggest that the ones of us who did without so much because our dads were military, who were moved from pillar to post because our dads were military (I travelled about 8000 miles before I was 4 months old), and who did without our dads for long periods of time because our dads were military should not pay this tax. And maybe we should be the ones getting reparations.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, them too.

Unless they are registered Democrats.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, they are not veterans.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

We could end these wars tomorrow. Just reinstate the draft. Folks would lose their $#@! and party like its 1969.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    making us poor one
    sucker
    at
    a
    time

f u "beta"
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

All these morons making Yang (also a moron) look palatable to the average democrat who isn't insane.

Despite all of them though, Yang is the most annoying. His fans think he is the be all end all because he is hip to the tech lmao.
    Last edited by eleganz; 06-24-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

There was a time when only those who were seriously wounded in a war would get a "pension" from the government- even that was unconstitutional. Government is an expense, not an asset. That...and Bob can go fk himself.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I should be exempt from all fees , taxes , income tax , fed income tax , property tax , beer tax , wine tax , liquor tax , social security tax , medicare and medicaid taxes , hunting , fishing licenses , state duck stamp , state bird stamp , trout stamp , Fed duck stamp , county taxes etc I am a Great American Patriot , Highly decorated veteran , I had five years in the Army , combat vet with four years overseas , silver star , bronze star ,purple heart and only one court martial ( found innocent of course ) , Platoon Sgt , made Cpl and Sgt twice ( not as easy as it sounds )before my 21st Birthday . Being shot , stabbed , blown up , left for dead saved my life . After narrowly escaping Leavenworth I straightened up and quit smoking weed all the time like a fiend while drinking liquor and beer and switched to just beer . Then they gave me a good conduct medal .
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-24-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Do something Danke

Too bad betos not going to get elected or get his war tax through the senate . The entertainment of listening to people talk about it would be hard to pass up .
    Do something Danke

Yes, them too.

Unless they are registered Democrats.
    Registered Dems should be the ones paying the slavery reparations .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    All these morons making Yang (also a moron) look palatable to the average democrat who isn't insane.

Despite all of them though, Yang is the most annoying. His fans think he is the be all end all because he is hip to the tech lmao.
    Its a shame Tim Pool wants to support him.

I 'll pull some strings later and get this so when you buy me a drink you can deduct it from your war tax dues .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    There was a time when only those who were seriously wounded in a war would get a "pension" from the government- even that was unconstitutional. Government is an expense, not an asset. That...and Bob can go fk himself.
    I'm in favor of giving a pension to those who fought against a military invasion or attack on the US.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm all for it if it only includes politicians who call for war but have never served.
    There is no spoon.

I would agree with Beto but with one caveat. You should only be taxed if your congressman voted to appropriate money for overseas military deployments. It should show up on your tax bill as "This $1,000 is the amount of money Congressman X pledged on your behalf to waste overseas. Thank you for funding this grand adventure!"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

GFY, Beto. I am not from a military household and I don't support any of these wars. Why should somebody that is anti-war be forced to pay?

I've got a better idea. how about you start up a "go fund me" account for the wars and if you raise enough funds then you can spend them on your $#@!ing wars. If you don't raise your goal, then you don't.

agree 100% , have a draft

War Tax on EVERYBODY.
    ZERO EXCEPTIONS. NONE

**put it in the oven @ 350 and let it 'bake'. I promise you'll LOVE the results.

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-25-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I should be exempt from all fees , taxes , income tax , fed income tax , property tax , beer tax , wine tax , liquor tax , social security tax , medicare and medicaid taxes , hunting , fishing licenses , state duck stamp , state bird stamp , trout stamp , Fed duck stamp , county taxes etc I am a Great American Patriot , Highly decorated veteran , I had five years in the Army , combat vet with four years overseas , silver star , bronze star ,purple heart and only one court martial ( found innocent of course ) , Platoon Sgt , made Cpl and Sgt twice ( not as easy as it sounds )before my 21st Birthday . Being shot , stabbed , blown up , left for dead saved my life . After narrowly escaping Leavenworth I straightened up and quit smoking weed all the time like a fiend while drinking liquor and beer and switched to just beer . Then they gave me a good conduct medal .

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    We could end these wars tomorrow. Just reinstate the draft. Folks would lose their $#@! and party like its 1969.
    If only it were that simple.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    agree 100% , have a draft
    GFY, my son, nor myself are your property. Arguing to enslave people in order to achieve your political goals makes you tyrannical.

I liked Rand's idea of being able to write off the cost of college on their income tax. I would probably argue that there needs to be a direct incentive for colleges to give people an education in which they can be more productive to society so I would say if you are going to make college free to attend than the funding should be directly tied to income tax from people who attend college. Therefore all of the colleges will have an incentive to get as many people to attend as possible and for them to help people produce as much income as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Therefore all of the colleges will have an incentive to get as many people to attend as possible and for them to help people produce as much income as possible.
    All you need for that goal is to end govt backed student loans. Private lenders are not going to fund loans for people/degrees that wont be able to pay them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'm all for it if it only includes politicians who call for war but have never served.
    They should have a higher rate of war tax.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    All you need for that goal is to end govt backed student loans. Private lenders are not going to fund loans for people/degrees that wont be able to pay them back.
    Yeah but you would have to really get rid of all 3rd party sponsorships too, like scholarships and college as a benefit for being in the military.

This whole idea is upside down anyways, it would be better to tax the people who profit off the wars to pay for the wars to counteract their profits so that it is no longer a benefit for anyone for us to be in a perpetual state of war.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast