Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Beer for the money

Best Beer for the money

What do you think?

Steel Reserve 8.1% alcohol.
    Colt 45?

If you want the best bang for the $$

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never had a steel reserve . I remember drinking quarts of Colt .45 in the 70's when they were under a dollar cold by the case . Case of quarts at the ol' liquor store split with some guys on a day we quit early at lunch .

Before 1978 I may have suggested some Falls City. I think it was 3 dollars for a case of cans cold at my liquor store . The draft beer started in 1906 , the bottled beer in 1908 . They went out in '78 I think .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-02-2018 at 08:34 PM.

When I lived in Tacoma there was Lucky Lager ( 1986 - '87 ) , it was short bottles and about 3 or 4 dollars a case then. It had puzzles in the bottle caps .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-02-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Why did you stop drinking Colt 45?
    Over 6% alcohol content and inexpensive.
    I have drank a lot of beer and am drinking a Colt 45 as I type. I think it tastes good. Full bodied lager. It gets the job done inexpensively.
    Last edited by Schifference; 01-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What do you think?

Steel Reserve 8.1% alcohol.
    Colt 45?

If you want the best bang for the $$
    Steel hands down.
    if you can't stand the taste throw in some tomato juice... mmmmmm red beer...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Why did you stop drinking Colt 45?
    Over 6% alcohol content and inexpensive.
    I have drank a lot of beer and am drinking a Colt 45 as I type. I think it tastes good. Full bodied lager. It gets the job done inexpensively.
    I have not seen any in a long time . It was good ice cold in the glass quarts . I like lots of different types of beer. The guy who invented colt 45 was a baltimore colts fan .

I hate that you guys did not get to try the real Falls City . It was a very distinct cheap beer . A pale lager of sorts without a lot of hops , very smooth .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In my opinion it is a mathematical calculation. Dollars/alcohol content, with taste a deciding factor.

I prefer taste to maximum alcohol content. I have a beer to enjoy it- not to get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I prefer taste to maximum alcohol content. I have a beer to enjoy it- not to get drunk.
    Fair enough. What beer do you think is the best for the money?

In Montana they had colt 45 with two horseshoes , it was twice the alcohol .

A controversial Scottish brewery has said it has reclaimed the title of the world's strongest beer from German rivals - with Sink the Bismarck at 41%.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/8517607.stm

Best deal around here on beer is the Mexican place ( El Nopal ) near I 65 , a pitcher of Dos Equis for 5 FRN's . The shrimp and steak Fajitas are very good too .

Fair enough. What beer do you think is the best for the money?
    We have a lot of great "microbrews" in San Diego- though some are pretty big now. Right now, Ballast Point is my favorite. They have quite a few different ones. https://www.ballastpoint.com/

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In Montana they had colt 45 with two horseshoes , it was twice the alcohol .
    I have figured out that if I set my freezer to -7 degrees the water will freeze and I can drain off what remains and achieve a 28% ABV beverage.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Strohs invented the 30 pack if I recall . Same price and you got the extra 6 pack of Americas only fire brewed beer . So , in the day that was a good deal .

Now if Danke would by me some beer that would be " best value " beer.

Does it have to be beer? I think the $13.99 handle of vodka from costco is the best bang for your buck on getting drunk, and it's better than 90% of the other vodkas out there.

I mostly only drink craft beer these days if I'm going to drink beer.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Now if Danke would by me some beer that would be " best value " beer.
    I will not contribute to the delinquency of any Injun.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Bud lite is good

If you like craft beer, sam adams is a good microbrew
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Bud lite is good

If you like craft beer, sam adams is a good microbrew

What about Lone Star beer?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

loveshiscountry

We have a lot of great "microbrews" in San Diego- though some are pretty big now. Right now, Ballast Point is my favorite. They have quite a few different ones. https://www.ballastpoint.com/
    I've had that. It was one of my early favorites.
    Yellow Rose by Lone Pint Brewery is my favorite now. We get it tap style in a returnable growler at Taps Caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What about Lone Star beer?
    It's another great craft brew for sure
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beer...bleagh.

Hard cider ftw.

Beer...bleagh.

Hard cider ftw.

And Apple Jack.

If you just want a piss lager in the same category as Bud/Coors, Rolling Rock in the 30 pack of cans is pretty cheap.

Best everyday micro IPA is Lagunitas, which goes on sale often.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If anybody is lucky enough to have a bar that has Third Window beer on tap, trust me, get it.. and bring a growler back. I am lucky enough to be close by to the actual brewery. They make by far the best beer of any micro brew I've ever been to.

http://thirdwindowbrewing.com/chapter/dualism/

Last edited by dannno; 01-03-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So many beers to try & so little time.

a 22oz bomber of Arrogant Bastard Ale for 3.99 (on sale) is truly the bomb.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast