Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMZ reporting Tom Petty 'brain dead' pulled off life support

TMZ reporting Tom Petty 'brain dead' pulled off life support

We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.

We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-pe...ardiac-arrest/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dang. That's out of the blue. RIP, my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Sad to hear to be sure.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

He's been brain dead for years. Another performer who ruined music fr me by injecting himself into politics.

Bye Tom.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Iconic musician Tom Petty, 66, removed from life support after being found unconscious following a cardiac arrest at his Malibu home
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4uOGh47lY

RIP

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Legendary.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He's been brain dead for years. Another performer who ruined music fr me by injecting himself into politics.

Bye Tom.

You meanie.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I can't seem to post video's from the phone so I'll post a link for now, RIP Tom.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myrcSyLMowE

(edited for Danke)

Last edited by Origanalist; 10-02-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I can't seem to post video's from the phone...

That's a good thing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

$#@! this day in news...just $#@! it.

RIP Tom.

Damn. So many. Greatness.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, today is definitely a very sad news day.

BTW, I worked at the Westside Pavilion during the filming of this video and I knew the guy with the white shirt and black tie at 3:31 in this vid.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You meanie.
    Guess I was not going to be able to lure her away with Petty tickets .LOL

Another favorite:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Petty dropped out of school at 17 and worked as a grave digger . First two bands were The Epics and Mudcrutch . By '77 - '78 he was in the bigtime with hits like Breakdown , Don't Do Me Like That , I Need To Know and Refugee all out within about a two or three year period .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-02-2017 at 06:02 PM.

As of now, his death has not been confirmed… Well at least according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What about with yer money and yer cocaine?

Brain dead can't be all that bad. A few with that condition regularly post on this very forum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ha! I saw him live a few times. Somewhere in my clutter i have a picture I took of my friend standing beside him. Back before selfies.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    As of now, his death has not been confirmed… Well at least according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty
    Yeah the MSM is reporting that he's on life support.

Petty dropped out of school at 17 and worked as a grave digger . First two bands were The Epics and Mudcrutch . By '77 - '78 he was in the bigtime with hits like Breakdown , Don't Do Me Like That , I Need To Know and Refugee all out within about a two or three year period .
    He looks like a grave digger.
    "The Patriarch"

I always thought so . His guitar teacher was Don Felder ( Eagles ) , they were both from Gainesville .

I think he worked a bit too as a groundskeeper at the University .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast