Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZIRP

ZIRP

So the FED have cut rates to 0% officially and want to buy 500 billion more worthless gov't bonds.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    So the FED have cut rates to 0% officially and want to buy 500 billion more worthless gov't bonds.
    Insane! And Peter Schiff was right again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...bal-swap-lines

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    Insane! And Peter Schiff was right again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...bal-swap-lines
    Schiff said in his last podcast this was coming so yes, he's right again...

Don't forget the $200 billion ("at least") in worthless mortgage backed securities. They're also expanding the international dollar swap lines, like last time, to lend dollars to foreign companies, dropping the reserve ratio to 0%, and dropping the rate at the discount window. And this would be in addition to the already announced multi-trillion repo market facility.

What could go wrong...?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-15-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Am I correct that the Fed can only target the short end of the curve and that longer term interest rates could still rise?

What are Gold futures? anyone?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Futures open at 6 eastern.

If you really need to check in 15 minutes these will update every few minutes. https://finviz.com/futures.ashx

Am I correct that the Fed can only target the short end of the curve and that longer term interest rates could still rise?
    The Fed can manipulate long rates lower too, if it chooses to buy long bonds.

And its action at the short end indirectly affect the long end anyway.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-15-2020 at 03:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Futures open at 6 eastern.

If you really need to check in 15 minutes these will update every few minutes. https://finviz.com/futures.ashx
    + rep

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I think the Asian market opens in about 15 min
    Do something Danke

Up 37.60 to start .
    Do something Danke

Schiff was right... again. Incredible!

Gold and silver both up a little over 2%, Dow futures down about the same.

I take that to mean the market wanted more, which is pretty remarkable.

The one thing the Fed didn't do, which was widely expected, was start buying up commercial paper.

Look for that to be announced if tomorrow's ugly.

P.S. As I type, Dow drops to nearly -1000.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-15-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

The one thing the Fed didn't do, which was widely expected, was start buying up commercial paper.
    They want negative rates and a banana Republic.

Look for that to be announced if tomorrow's ugly.

P.S. As I type, Dow's drops to nearly -1000.

DAM! your kidding, are we going negative?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For those who want to check the futures markets, you can go to the link below and click the link near the top left that says "futures"

https://www.marketwatch.com

They want negative rates and a banana Republic.

DAM! your kidding, are we going negative?
    I don't think we go negative, at least not soon: first more short-term lending (as in commercial paper) and, especially, QE.

It wouldn't be surprising if that $700 billion turned into $7 trillion in the near future.

P.S. JP Morgan estimates the current need for "liquidity" (i.e. taxpayer subsidies) at around $12 trillion.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/pr...ar-margin-call
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-15-2020 at 04:38 PM.

If you're watching the futures and wondering why the page isn't refreshing, fear not, your internet connection's fine.

Trouble is the Dow and S&P just went lock limit down.

Oops

If you're watching the futures and wondering why the page isn't refreshing, fear not, your internet connection's fine.

Oops
    On Sunday. Oy.

Serious question I have for the people I've trusted on this site for years: who all is going to be taking money out of their banks ASAP?
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Serious question I have for the people I've trusted on this site for years: who all is going to be taking money out of their banks ASAP?
    Uncle Fed's outlawed default; I'm not worried about bank failures.

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I would bet the market stops trading for a couple of weeks if it takes out last weeks lows and holds.

Every indicator imaginable says the market should go up right now. The dumb money/smart money thing I look has the widest spread in history going back to 1999. Dumb money is the most bearish in history. March tends to be one of the best months for stocks. March 15th is the best day of March for returns and the 16th 17th and 18th are good as well. The 200 week moving average has been support for this 11 year run and held last week but is trading at it right now. The market has usually opened up and tanked 7 of the 8 times when the Fed has had one of these emergency cuts. The one exception was the beginning of 2008 when it gapped down big like tonight and then rallied 7%.

I don't see how this doesn't rally with the Fed basically launching a nuclear weapon and Republicans going to pass the bill tomorrow. If this can't rally on this stuff, the market is $#@!ed.

Oops
    What does that mean?

Never mind, I figured it out. I didn't know futures had an emergency halt.

I don't pay much attention to the futures. They seem to be wrong all the time. I'll just wait til tomorrow.
    Last edited by Madison320; 03-15-2020 at 05:29 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What does that mean?
    The market has dropped so fast, that they stopped trading.

Also 200 in mortgage securities .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I really do not keep much there . Nobody should ever have more in any account that is not insured by the FDIC . I see no reason to keep money in the bank . You cannot earn money from it . I dumped all my stocks and bonds, oil etc when I retired , took the cash and put it in land , fruit trees , livestock , lead , nickel , copper , silver , guns , ammo and gold mostly .
    Do something Danke

Gold futures dropping. Now only +14.

Gold futures dropping. Now only +14.
    It would really be something else if gold opens negative tomorrow while the Fed destroys the USD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast