Thread: Best Way to Buy Crypto?

Best Way to Buy Crypto?

Everybody is getting into the game. Paypal, Robinhood...

How do you buy crypto?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coinbase is still pretty good, I think..

But like gold, you don't really own it if you don't have it in your possession, in this case the private key.. exchanges are good for buying, selling and trading.

I recommend an encrypted wallet. Ledger Nano _ or a Trezor are both used for longer term "cold" storage of larger amounts. If you are looking for a wallet that is easier to spend from, typically containing smaller amounts of crypto, they are called "hot" wallets.

If you get a cold storage wallet, you are going to want to buy it and set it up and practice with it for a while using small amounts first. Do NOT lose your passphrases, and keep them somewhere safe like in a bolted down fire proof safe.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-19-2021 at 01:40 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This site has a thorough overview

https://99bitcoins.com/buy-bitcoin/a...ly-without-id/
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 02-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, Gemini.

Open accounts on all exchanges as some may take time to validate your KYC.

Wire USD.

Buy Bitcoin.

Once you are in.

Do your homework. Watch How To. Watch Youtube videos. I advice Saylor for macro stuff.

I use a Nano ledger S bought from Amazon. practice with it. It is not hard but without it you are a slave to exchanges. Ledger Live App is nice. You need the hardware wallet to sign transactions.

If you put any serious amount of money. avoid alts, they will crash hard.

If you buy Bitcoin. Be ready to wait 4 years. HODL 4 years MINIMUM. And then assess the landscape. We will probably be at 400k after next halving in 2024.

i haven't sold much and I am hodling since 2013.

I will probably find a bank and make a loan with Bitcoin as collateral when things get truly mainstream.

We need 4 more years for that.

Have you gotten in yet?

I've used uphold to buy and hold xrp, but also trade a chunk on bitrue.

Bitrue seems kind of shady in the way they display chart data, but they allow trading of xrp right now. Safest to have it in a wallet.

Great video from Schwartz on Ripple's XRPL.

Watch Jeremy Hogan's 'Legal Briefs' on XRP SEC lawsuit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFI...Bmv7A4Nn6xhu-A

Kinda strange. Went to fill the truck in town and at the convenience store there was a 'buy crypto' machine. Just glanced at it but the screen prompts were saying that it would provide a wallet then you could insert cash and get crypto. Bitcoin and ethereum were two of the three cryptos available.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Kinda strange. Went to fill the truck in town and at the convenience store there was a 'buy crypto' machine. Just glanced at it but the screen prompts were saying that it would provide a wallet then you could insert cash and get crypto. Bitcoin and ethereum were two of the three cryptos available.
    Bitcoin's high transaction fee would seem to make crypto ATMs not worth it. At $13+ a transaction fee that's a lot of feeding cash
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Have you gotten in yet?

I've used uphold to buy and hold xrp, but also trade a chunk on bitrue.

Bitrue seems kind of shady in the way they display chart data, but they allow trading of xrp right now. Safest to have it in a wallet.

Great video from Schwartz on Ripple's XRPL.

Watch Jeremy Hogan's 'Legal Briefs' on XRP SEC lawsuit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFI...Bmv7A4Nn6xhu-A
    XRP is getting some chatter on Twitter today due to Musk’s talk about crypto energy use.

Does XRP still have SEC troubles? Coinbase does not have XRP right now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think Coinbase is the most popular and they're also a publicly traded company now (COIN).
    However, their help system leaves much to be desired. People have problems all of the time with them, usually just weird things that you don't find out about until you try to buy/sell.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Coinbase has very high fees.
    Bittrex recently introduced the option to use ACH, so you can now buy Crypto almost as easy as funding your Paypal account.*

*If your bank is on the list of "supported institutions."
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.