Thread: Life insurance rates

Life insurance rates

It is standard policy that healthy women get a cheaper rate than healthy men the same age. How are the insurance companies dealing with men identifying as women?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    It is standard policy that healthy women get a cheaper rate than healthy men the same age. How are the insurance companies dealing with men identifying as women?
    Since homosexuals and trans queeers generally have shorter life spans, I'd say they are charging them more.

If they aren't too scared.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Since homosexuals and trans queeers generally have shorter life spans, I'd say they are charging them more.

If they aren't too scared.
    If laws are mandating that you call a man a woman and treat the man as a woman, I would think the insurance companies would need to abide by those same laws. People can be gender switchers to accommodate their current situation.

If laws are mandating that you call a man a woman and treat the man as a woman, I would think the insurance companies would need to abide by those same laws. People can be gender switchers to accommodate their current situation.
    I suppose so...I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure or had given it much thought.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Your post prompted me to do some googling on this question, and there are some interesting recent stories about it, like this one.
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/30/man-le...urance-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Your post prompted me to do some googling on this question, and there are some interesting recent stories about it, like this one.
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/30/man-le...urance-report/
    Thanks! That was a good read.

I assume that soon the same price will be charged for everyone. Hmm probably won't end well for healthy or responsible people. Good drivers, So what? Kinda a weird way to change everything by this. There is a possibility that making everyone equal in everything is the goal. Charge as much as you want for everyone with no distinctions.

Thanks! That was a good read.

I assume that soon the same price will be charged for everyone. Hmm probably won't end well for healthy or responsible people. Good drivers, So what? Kinda a weird way to change everything by this. There is a possibility that making everyone equal in everything is the goal. Charge as much as you want for everyone with no distinctions.
    Yeah. It's pretty much the same thing as health insurers not being allowed to account for preexisting conditions.

But in the case of this transgender stuff, I still maintain that it's a fad that can't last. It may have awhile to go before it reaches the breaking point. But it is not sustainable long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Yeah. It's pretty much the same thing as health insurers not being allowed to account for preexisting conditions.

But in the case of this transgender stuff, I still maintain that it's a fad that can't last. It may have awhile to go before it reaches the breaking point. But it is not sustainable long term.
    Yes I agree. I think that eventually real women are going to rise up and put an end to it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I was younger I pd more for being a smoker . I quit but I never asked for the cheaper rate . I figured if I did it would invite bad luck .
    Do something Danke

I have a life insurance policy on the Injun.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I have a life insurance policy on the Injun.
    Good, that should motivate him to live a long time in order to outlast you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment