Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Ron Paul & voluntarists

@ around 10:00 min in.
    Last edited by noneedtoaggress; 03-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This goes out to all those in this thread who helped spawn and inspire a new meme. Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks soundboard.

Last edited by Conza88; 03-30-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    I'd never read the introduction to Liberty Defined before twenty minutes ago. Holy eff, few things that jumped at me:

These aren't dogwhistles, these are freaking bullhorns.
    There's so many anarchistic undertones in those small selections alone.

keeping government out of our lives
    If government is completely out of our lives, one could easily take this to mean it ought not to even exist. If government is not involved in anyone's lives at all, how can it exist, and for what purpose?

spontaneous order that emerges when the state does not intervene in human volition and human cooperation
    Spontaneous order in absence of the State = a direct reference to anarchy.

many people are deceived into believing that government can make them safe from all harm
    So not even national defense or police protection.

monopoly on the use of force
    Again, anarchist phraseology.

history shows that that power will be abused. Every single time
    Common anarchist argument against government and the State.

Was there ever really any doubt? Aside from Statists trying to justify their world view by asserting the RP holds the same.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Just in case you missed it: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Private-Courts

I plan to edit sometime and add the other stuff he said about Spooner.

Question: "You're frequently an advocate for the Constitution. What are your thoughts of the Lysander Spooner statement: "But whether the Constitution really be one thing or another, this much is certain: that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."

Ron Paul: "I'll tell you what: I don't criticize Lysander. His point is very well taken, and someday maybe we will mature to that point. His claim was that if he himself didn't agree to the Constitution, why should somebody in a remote body agree to the Constitution and he be pushed under it? It is a good idea, but under today's circumstances, I have to work with the best that we have. Because who knows, I might have been an anti-Federalist at the time the Constitution was being written. But fortunately we ended up with a good Constitution [at least tries to limit government], and our problem is more that we don't obey the good parts about it. I think it's a very interesting philosophic issue, and I hope that someday we mature enough to have that argument."

There's so many anarchistic undertones in those small selections alone.

If government is completely out of our lives, one could easily take this to mean it ought not to even exist. If government is not involved in anyone's lives at all, how can it exist, and for what purpose?

Spontaneous order in absence of the State = a direct reference to anarchy.

Again, anarchist phraseology.

Common anarchist argument against government and the State.

Was there ever really any doubt? Aside from Statists trying to justify their world view by asserting the RP holds the same.
    Found this gem while reading through the Medical Care chapter:

In fact, the greater the importance of anything, the stronger the reason not to depend on a government redistributionist system. A government system of anything has a nearly perfect record of failure - whether it's stopping war, preserving liberty, guaranteeing sound money, or generating economic prosperity.
    Also fun is this, in the marriage section:

It is typical of how government intervention in social issues serves no useful purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Haha, yep... lot of good work from those here in the forums have managed to find a lot of gems. Nicely put together.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Worthy Threads:

LE, just for you

Worthy Threads:

It’s easy to reject the initiation of violence against one’s neighbor but it’s ironic that the people arbitrarily and freely anoint government officials with monopoly power to initiate violence against the American people—practically at will.
    No Government Monopoly over Initiating Violence

Restraining aggressive behavior is one thing, but legalizing a government monopoly for initiating aggression can only lead to exhausting liberty associated with chaos, anger and the breakdown of civil society. Permitting such authority and expecting saintly behavior from the bureaucrats and the politicians is a pipe dream. We now have a standing army of armed bureaucrats in the TSA, CIA, FBI, Fish and Wildlife, FEMA, IRS, Corp of Engineers, etc. numbering over 100,000. Citizens are guilty until proven innocent in the unconstitutional administrative courts.

Government in a free society should have no authority to meddle in social activities or the economic transactions of individuals. Nor should government meddle in the affairs of other nations. All things peaceful, even when controversial, should be permitted.
    Here he expresses the explicitly Rothbardian view that governments get away with initiating violence because of their perceived legitimatacy:

Because it’s the government that initiates force, most people accept it as being legitimate.
    (For the Rothbardian summary see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqo7XMkbtEk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpCy0gmWMCM )

Here he echos Lysander Spooner:

It is believed by too many that governments are morally justified in initiating force supposedly to “do good.” They incorrectly believe that this authority has come from the “consent of the people.”
    ( also see Ron Paul on Lysander Spooner here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWz2zQ9OmI )

Here he mentions three positions:

1. economic interventionism
    2. social interventionism
    3. voluntarism

Then rejects two of them.

The problem we have faced over the years has been that economic interventionists are swayed by envy, whereas social interventionists are swayed by intolerance of habits and lifestyles. The misunderstanding that tolerance is an endorsement of certain activities, motivates many to legislate moral standards which should only be set by individuals making their own choices. Both sides use force to deal with these misplaced emotions. Both are authoritarians. Neither endorses voluntarism. Both views ought to be rejected.
    What a wonderful world it would be if everyone accepted the simple moral premise of rejecting all acts of aggression. The retort to such a suggestion is always: it’s too simplistic, too idealistic, impractical, naοve, utopian, dangerous, and unrealistic to strive for such an ideal. The answer to that is that for thousands of years the acceptance of government force, to rule over the people, at the sacrifice of liberty, was considered moral and the only available option for achieving peace and prosperity. What could be more utopian than that myth – considering the results especially looking at the state sponsored killing, by nearly every government during the 20th Century, estimated to be in the hundreds of millions. It’s time to reconsider this grant of authority to the state.

The idealism of non-aggression and rejecting all offensive use of force should be tried.

that is true.
    ron did talk about the two choices... but had a government... but what was different in each example was the people.
    a moral people will bring about a moral government.
    a society of people that boo the golden rule produces the government we have today.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His entire speech today was a resounding advocacy of NAP and voluntaryism as far as I can tell.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    that is true.
    ron did talk about the two choices... but had a government... but what was different in each example was the people.
    a moral people will bring about a moral government.
    a society of people that boo the golden rule produces the government we have today.
    This is actually a common anarchist argument in so many words: "The only good government is one comprised entirely of angels."

The reality is people are not angels, and some people are not moral. This will always hold true. So if everyone must be moral and everyone in the government must be an angel for 'good' government to exist, well... that strikes rather Utopian.

This is actually a common anarchist argument in so many words: "The only good government is one comprised entirely of angels."

The reality is people are not angels, and some people are not moral. This will always hold true. So if everyone must be moral and everyone in the government must be an angel for 'good' government to exist, well... that strikes rather Utopian.
    it can only happen by changing our neighbors minds.
    we need to be 'ron pauls' in our own areas.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Last edited by Cabal; 10-14-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    LE, just for you
    I was asked to post this:

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die' pid='55690' dateline='1382167875
    I think it is hilarious the Philosophy forum at RonPaulForums.com is no longer hidden from public view.

I reckon now that Ron Paul is not running again they can let it out of the dungeon. I also wanted to convey kudo's to Conza for post #518 in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...tarists/page18

If anyone can post at RPF, has the desire, and opportunity let Conza know LFoD:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....ve_Free_Or_Die

really appreciated post #518.

If you click the last page of the Philosophy forum some of the old Truth Warrior threads are still there. Josh has probably banned more intellect than the site has acquired in the past year. Someone tell me all the old heated debates between minarchists and anarchists have not elevated the understanding of all posters at RPF. Hell look at comments in threads from 2007 versus 2013. It is night and day.

P.S. The Lowkey sock puppet can still KMA.

Cya around ...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Sure, Ron Paul calls himself voluntaryist, but that doesn't mean for him that there should be no government, because he specifically rejected that idea.
    Yeah but his haters will pretend he is an anarchist and opposed to the state, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    OMG... Ahahah... LE, where are you? How about Trav? Newbitech?

I'm waiting for all of your apologies, or to admit you were wrong.

It cannot literally get anymore clear than that video. You know who else was wrong? Stefan Molyneux.

Notice: Ron Paul is no longer running for office, this time he has NO issue accepting the label.

I prefer not to regardless, but that is his prerogative. Just wow... I mean, I knew it, we and others said it, it was always as clear as day... but to hear it again is so sweet.

Ron Paul... putting all of you in your intellectually strategically stunted places.

#overthetop #responseto4yearsofmindlessattacksfromStatist trollsheredenyingreality
    Last edited by Conza88; 08-08-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Worthy Threads:

Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by libertygold View Post
    Yeah but his haters will pretend he is an anarchist and opposed to the state, etc.
    It would appear from the latest video posted by Wesker that Ron Paul is, in fact a voluntarist, and is fine with the label of anarchist, so long as he can make it clear that the version of anarchism he is talking about is different than the violent, brick-throwing (leftist) version of anarchism.

So, libertygold, is Ron Paul "one of his haters"? A hater of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    It would appear from the latest video posted by Wesker that Ron Paul is, in fact a voluntarist, and is fine with the label of anarchist, so long as he can make it clear that the version of anarchism he is talking about is different than the violent, brick-throwing (leftist) version of anarchism.

So, libertygold, is Ron Paul "one of his haters"? A hater of himself?
    Precisely

Worthy Threads:

Once he started broadcasting Ron Paul Channel he really began speaking a lot more bluntly.

I was pointing out various episodes as they were coming out (and people were whining that Ron Paul is not an anarcho-capitalist, or that the things people post here might drive away conservatives).

Klamath might remember all of the transcripts I typed and posted that would have been chastised had I made the exact same point.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Conza88; 08-22-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Worthy Threads:

Can I get an answer - who changed the title of this thread?

It was: "Ron Paul re-confirms his voluntarism"

BTW

Not photo-shopped...

Worthy Threads:

Anarchapulco

February 2020

Acapulco, Mexico

https://anarchapulco.com

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718