Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earache remedies?

Earache remedies?

I've had an earache ever since I got over the flu and strep. Doctor said to take allergy pills and flush the wax out..which I did and it didn't work. Got very little sleep so went and got some Hyland ear drops and putting warm compress on..took an Advil sinus congestion pill...waiting. Any remedies that work? I have to help my son move today...need this to go away!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hydrogen peroxide
    frozen Q-tips
    ibuprofen
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Sweet Oil will ease the pain . A little warm olive oil will do the same . Peroxide will kill the infection .
    Do something Danke

Thanks guys...and thanks for not telling me to blow smoke in my ear or duct tape a tomato slice to it. ( yes, I've heard that). The drops I used seem to be easing it "some" but I'll try these suggestions as well.

"blue bonnet" oleuropein + "top care" guaifenesin

half a pill each 3x daily; 150mg + 200mg respectively

do the closed mouth suction yoga to clear your eustachian tubes
    Last edited by presence; 02-26-2017 at 10:31 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Sweet Oil will ease the pain . A little warm olive oil will do the same . Peroxide will kill the infection .
    I prefer warm mineral oil for lavage....

Anything to break up the wax will usually help....

A hot sauna. If you don't have a sauna available, blowing hot air from a hair dryer on and around the aching ear can provide some relief. It opens up the blood flow, increases circulation and helps drain away any built up fluid, removing the stuffed ear feeling.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 02-26-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I make my own infused oils to keep on hand for such reasons. However you can buy it already made. Just make sure anything you put in your ear, you warm it a bit.

Mullien oil
    Garlic oil
    Garlic/Mullien oil.

References:
    http://www.thehippyhomemaker.com/nat...ar-infections/
    https://www.diynatural.com/pain-in-t...arache-remedy/
    https://www.amazon.com/Herb-Pharm-Mu.../dp/B001E8DBU8
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

If you hum for about an hour the earache should go away. Helps also if you tilt your head towards the ear with an earache, and hold that position

May take 1-2 hours but usually 1 hour of humming works for me
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I use hydrogen peroxide and a q-tip as well, I don't freeze it, haven't heard of that, I just do it *very* carefully. Probably a good reason for freezing though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

try listening to these tones for 5 minutes each while doing the eustachian tube suction yoga thing

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

http://rifetutor.com/applications/ears/
    http://altered-states.net/barry/frequencies/

727 almost makes me want to gag it gets to my eustachian tubes so much

all of them resonate in various parts of your ear/jaw/hard palate

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Get a prescription for TobraDex. It says it is for eyes, but you can put it in your ear. Historically, I would have a couple of ear infections every year. Swimmer's ear. They were really bad. Finally, went to a very good ear, nose and throat doc. Prescribed TobraDex. Whenever I feel an earache coming on, I put a few drops of that in my ear and voila, it's all cleared up. It is leaps and bounds better than that crap they typically prescribe you when you have an ear infection. Seriously, I swear by this stuff.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

*seconds the warm olive oil*

and milking your sinuses might help too
    It's an old chiropractic thing
    press hard on your forehead.. with your fingers centered and pull out to the sides to your hair line
    (I wish I could find pictures of this. would make it easier)
    repeat 5x
    then move your fingers under your eyes and milk outwards to your temples - right on top of your eye socket bones
    5x
    then put two fingers in front of each ear and two behind, at about the top of your ears and pressing firmly, pull downward to about the middle of the neck.
    this should drag crud from the Eustachian tubes down..
    5x

wait a few minutes.. burn through a few tissues and repeat
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Thanks guys...and thanks for not telling me to blow smoke in my ear or duct tape a tomato slice to it. ( yes, I've heard that). The drops I used seem to be easing it "some" but I'll try these suggestions as well.
    Sounds like something I would try and talk my little Grand Daughters into . wearing tomato slices all over the head . Its all fun n games until Mrs O shows up, LOL. Hope you feel better.
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    *seconds the warm olive oil*

and milking your sinuses might help too
    It's an old chiropractic thing
    press hard on your forehead.. with your fingers centered and pull out to the sides to your hair line
    (I wish I could find pictures of this. would make it easier)
    repeat 5x
    then move your fingers under your eyes and milk outwards to your temples - right on top of your eye socket bones
    5x
    then put two fingers in front of each ear and two behind, at about the top of your ears and pressing firmly, pull downward to about the middle of the neck.
    this should drag crud from the Eustachian tubes down..
    5x

wait a few minutes.. burn through a few tissues and repeat
    I agree with this one and glad that opal wrote it out instead of me having to do it.

Any time I feel a cold or something coming on, I soak each ear with hydrogen peroxide for 5-10 minutes. It feels good and I think it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Get a prescription for TobraDex.
    []
    Whenever I feel an earache coming on
    be cautious with repeated steroid use; you ears (or eyes) can become prone to fungal and herpes infections which are more difficult to treat and can lead to hearing loss (or blindness)

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    "blue bonnet" oleuropein + "top care" guaifenesin

half a pill each 3x daily; 150mg + 200mg respectively

do the closed mouth suction yoga to clear your eustachian tubes
    I know the stuff I bolded helps. I'm not saying the others don't, I've just never tried them. I also buy the Similasan ear drops (coupon at link) on occasion and they help, too.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I make my own infused oils to keep on hand for such reasons. However you can buy it already made. Just make sure anything you put in your ear, you warm it a bit.
    ^^^My mom's ENT has her putting olive oil in her ears and he made a big deal about warming it a bit before dropping it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I know the stuff I bolded helps. I'm not saying the others don't, I've just never tried them.
    If I had ear ache and had to choose only one remedy of all suggested in this thread I'd take oleuropein; olive leaf extract

I've used this stuff in the past and it seems to work pretty well....
    https://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-E.../dp/B00014DROG

be cautious with repeated steroid use; you ears (or eyes) can become prone to fungal and herpes infections which are more difficult to treat and can lead to hearing loss (or blindness)
    I use it like once or twice a year. A couple of drops of that vs. ear wicks, because my ears have become infected/swollen and no medicine can go down in there, the whole side of my face swelling up, etc. But hey, what do ear doctors know. I'm sure you know more.

If you want to warn people about something, it should be using hydrogen peroxide in ears. A friend of mine, who was the head of the Audiology dept in a university, cautioned me about using hyd peroxide, as it can damage your hearing.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-26-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    But hey, what do ear doctors know. I'm sure you know more.
    My wife is deaf in one ear; has had ongoing ear issues since childhood; growing up in home with two indoor chain smokers. She's been prescribed that product in the past. I've read the warnings that came with it and researched the lawsuits.

tobramycin is neurotoxic, nephrotoxic, teratogenic, and suppresses immune response to fungal and viral infections; and can cause 'irreversible neuromuscular paralysis": These warnings are in "BLACK BOX".

A black box warning is the strictest warning put in the labeling of prescription drugs or drug products by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when there is reasonable evidence of an association of a serious hazard with the drug.

To each his own.

olive leaf works; its systemic oral treatment; nothing has to go in your ear hole... plus its neuroprotective, anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, fights endothelial dysfunction, and attenuates liver damage.

my only caveat is it can lower blood pressure, so I always take half a pill at a time as my blood pressure is already pretty low. It can also cause Herxheimer reaction... but that simply suggests that the patient is having an good response; microbes are dying en masse.

I also have a tendency toward ear infection as I have narrow very hairy canals prone to capture moisture in the shower. Last night I was actually having that impending "ear ache" feeling. I took half an olive leaf. I'm fine this morning.

I strongly suspect if more people knew about oleuropein and took self responsibility there would be far less demand for ear/nose/throat visits to state sanctioned and financed pharmaceutical salesmen; "doctors" as you call them.
    Last edited by presence; 02-27-2017 at 09:03 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My wife is deaf in one ear; has had ongoing ear issues since childhood; growing up in home with two indoor chain smokers. She's been prescribed that product in the past. I've read the warnings that came with it and researched the lawsuits.

tobramycin is neurotoxic, nephrotoxic, teratogenic, and suppresses immune response to fungal and viral infections; and can cause 'irreversible neuromuscular paralysis": These warnings are in "BLACK BOX".

A black box warning is the strictest warning put in the labeling of prescription drugs or drug products by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when there is reasonable evidence of an association of a serious hazard with the drug.

To each his own.

olive leaf works; its systemic oral treatment; nothing has to go in your ear hole... plus its neuroprotective, anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, fights endothelial dysfunction, and attenuates liver damage.

my only caveat is it can lower blood pressure, so I always take half a pill at a time as my blood pressure is already pretty low. It can also cause Herxheimer reaction... but that simply suggests that the patient is having an good response; microbes are dying en masse.

I also have a tendency toward ear infection as I have narrow very hairy canals prone to capture moisture in the shower. Last night I was actually having that impending "ear ache" feeling. I took half an olive leaf. I'm fine this morning.

I strongly suspect if more people knew about oleuropein and took self responsibility there would be far less demand for ear/nose/throat visits to state sanctioned and financed pharmaceutical salesmen; "doctors" as you call them.
    And most people know that due to our litigious society, that drug companies list every remote thing; regardless of likelihood.

For me, I'll take a couple of drops of this every year, over very bad double ear infections, year after year. That said, I do put a diluted mixture of rubbing alcohol in my ears after showering. In a lot of cases, that keeps the problem from occurring. But, if it does, I'll use Tobradex. Damn straight. It is far better than the side of my face swelling, requiring antibiotics, ear wicks and ear drops that take over a week to work.

But, if what you are doing works for you, congrats.
    ================

Open your jaw as wide and as relaxed as you can, slightly move your jaw forward, rub DOWN from just below the ear to your throat. That helps to clear the Eustachian Tube. Pushing up would increase pressure in the ear so be sure to softly press and move fingers down. May or may not help you but it did for me when I was a kid with earaches.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Thanks for all the advice. Havent had a chance to go get any herbal remedies. It still hurts. I wonder if flushing it out with that Debrox stuff did something. I did get some wax out but dang it's sore. Nothing is really helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. Havent had a chance to go get any herbal remedies. It still hurts. I wonder if flushing it out with that Debrox stuff did something. I did get some wax out but dang it's sore. Nothing is really helping.
    Warm virgin olive oil (3 or 4 drops) will should help.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Hot water bottle - use the hottest water you can get from the tap ~115 degrees.

Wrap the hot water bottle with a towel - make sure its comfortable! Adjust how full and how hot based on how it feels over a few minutes.

Once you get the temp and firmness down, lay your bad ear on it and watch some cspan (cspan1, cspan2, cspan3 - doesnt matter).

When I was a child, I had ear aches... I suppose now that I'm an adult I would add to this remedy to have your ear checked by a medical professional if symptoms persist.

Not to terrify anyone, but 10 years ago I had a neighbor who had an ear ache for a week - it turned out to be an infection that later spread to his brain. He woke up in the night and was dizzy - he then fell to the floor and was gone the next day.

Complete freak thing, but it made me reflect on the numerous ear aches I'd had in my life. I still maintain his widow's driveway in the winter...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Warm virgin olive oil (3 or 4 drops) will should help.
    Tried

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast