Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Wins a Poll at a Ron Paul Fan Site [Mod edit]

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but this election round it's like voting between Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, when you want Yoda to win but he is retired.

One of them will win and you have to either not vote, or pick the one that will be the least harmful to the country.
    You can write in Yoda if it makes you feel better.....
    I hate to break it to you but there's no serious difference between the two. Both are spoiled ugly brats who lie, cheat, & steal.

Again- do you prefer horse $#@! or cow $#@!?

What would be least harmful to the country is for the populace to WAKE UP and not accept either of these pieces of $#@!- no vote, no support. Tell the 2 party system to hang itself and make Congress take some responsibility, or oust them all.

Your version of handling this is the supreme example behind Einstein's Theory of Insanity.
    There is no spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The only people who believe that a Hillary neocon presidency would be superior to a Trump presidency are either:

A: grossly uninformed, or

B: an advocate of the neocon agenda

C. People who look at history, which clearly shows government grows less with gridlock The last 6 years of Clinton and Obama demonstrate that. The first two years of Obama and Clinton and the Bush presidency show having one party control is bad for freedom.

The problem is you are an economic illiterate and impervious to reason. This argument is universally accepted among libertarian economists. For example http://www.coordinationproblem.org/2...o-get-any.html

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    C. People who look at history, which clearly shows government grows less with gridlock The last 6 years of Clinton and Obama demonstrate that. The first two years of Obama and Clinton and the Bush presidency show having one party control is bad for freedom.

The problem is you are an economic illiterate and impervious to reason. This argument is universally accepted among libertarian economists. For example http://www.coordinationproblem.org/2...o-get-any.html
    There won't be gridlock if Hillary is elected.

The neocon agenda will be kicked into overdrive,..and America will be kicked in the balls.

The neocon agenda will be kicked into overdrive,..and America will be kicked in the balls.
    Gridlock will happen. It doesn't take many Senators to make it happen. It has worked out pretty well with Obama.

And if Trump wins, turning the Republican Party into an anti-capitalist, nationalist, protectionist, permanent national minority party gets kicked into overdrive. The Republican Party will move toward the right wing parties of Europe.

The linchpin of a libertarian foreign policy is trade. Trade is the most important ingredient. Hillary is a neocon but it isn't clear that a protectionist agenda is better than a hawkish agenda. A trade war with China would be worse than invading Syria.

There's been an ongoing action on this forum to ban anyone who spoke favorably of Trump since the election season began. Of course, the forum owners have the right to do so. But it turns the place into an echo chamber which isn't representative of what's occurring in the political world.
    This is a libertarian site. Trump is an authoritarian piece of $#@!.
    I am the spoon.

How will Trump being elected change that?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

The Republican Party will move toward the right wing parties of Europe.
    It already has. Globalism is unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ron Paul said that Trump was better than Hillary on the Fed. He also seems to have a much more restrained foreign policy. He also has better economic policies, overall. Subsidizing open immigration is leading toward a more leftist voting block.
    Trump is the Ultimate Flip-Flop Guy

Trump on FED

Sept 8th, 2016

Republican Donald Trump charged the central bank led by Janet Yellen was holding down interest rates to make the U.S. economy look good as President Obama prepares to depart the White House. In response, Democratic challenger Hillary Clinton contends Trump’s criticism of the Fed is out of bounds and demonstrates his unsuitability for the presidency.

Both candidates’ criticisms are, at best, disingenuous.

“They’re keeping the rates artificially so the economy doesn’t go down,” Trump said when asked about a possible Fed rate hike. But the result is “a very, very false economy” that Obama can tout when he goes out to “play golf in January and say he did a good job.”

Of Yellen, Trump charged, “so far, I think she’s done a political job.” He has made it no secret he would replace her as Fed chair.

At some point the rates are going to have to change,” the GOP candidate continued. Meanwhile, the main beneficiary has been the stock market, which is in a “bubble.” Trump continued, “That’s only strong because it’s free money because the rates are so low,” which has created an “artificial market.”

But that marked a reversal of Trump’s previous position, in which he declared himself to be a “low-interest-rate person,” as this column previously noted last May, since he was the self-described “king of debt.” Then, he worried “if we raised interest rates and if the dollar starts getting too strong, we’re going to have some very major problems,” an implicit endorsement of the Yellen Fed’s low-rate policies.

That, in turn, conflicted with the view he espoused last November. At that time, Trump also claimed Yellen was holding down rates at the behest of the Obama administration to give the economy a boost at the tail end of his administration. Which is what he charged the Fed was doing earlier this week in a complete 360.

May 7, 2016

In an interview with CNBC, Trump said, “I am the king of debt. I love debt, I love playing with it. But, of course, now you’re talking about something that’s very, very fragile, that has to be handled very, very carefully.”

Nevertheless, given his record as a businessman who used bankruptcy to reduce his companies’ debt, Trump was asked whether the U.S. always needs to repay its debts at 100 cents on the dollar, or whether there might be ways the debt could be renegotiated. “Look, I have borrowed, knowing that you can pay back with discounts. And I have done very well,” he responded. “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal, and if the economy was good, it was good.”

Whether a President Trump would actually try to negotiate a deal to pay back Uncle Sam’s debts at less than full value is a matter of speculation. But he also pointed out, quite correctly, that a sharp rise in interest rates could potentially send the cost of the nation’s $19 trillion debt soaring: “What happens if that interest rate goes two, three, four points up? We don’t have a country.”

Indeed, Trump declared himself to be a “low-interest-rate person,” and not just to fund the national debt cheaply. “If we raised interest rates and if the dollar starts getting too strong, we’re going to have some very major problems,” he added. In that regard, Trump endorsed the policies of the Federal Reserve and its chair, Janet Yellen, but doubted he would reappoint her. “She’s a very capable person. People I know have a very high regard for her. But she’s not a Republican….When her time is up, I would most likely replace her because of the fact that I think it would be appropriate.”
    Trump's foreign policy is more military, take out ISIS and take their oil. Doesn't sound "more restrained" in MHPOV.

His economic background seems to be Imminent Domain & bankruptcies- not my idea of good economic policies.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Both are spoiled ugly brats who lie, cheat, & steal.
    Fair enough, I will agree to that.

BUT.........

Who has tried to subvert democracy via illegal and unethical covert means ?

Who got their nomination via the establishment ?

Who is under serious investigation by the FBI from when they held political office ?

Who wants the 2nd amendment reinterpreted by new justices on the supreme court ?

Everybody on this forum can answer these questions, very easily if they have been paying attention.

I like Micheal Moore's analogy although he supports Clinton and wants Trump to lose, he says Trump is like a political Molotov cocktail being thrown, he is right, seems like the weapon of choice for the underdog fighting a revolution.

One that we on this very forum embraced as far back as 07

And Hillary is not in any way shape or form going to be revolutionary, far from it she wants to put justices on the supreme that will interpret the second amendment as applying gun rights to only the "militia"; translation only the states national guard. It's on tape that she does not believe private citzins should have full gun rights. At least Trump knows where his bread is buttered on this issue in 2016 and would never backtrack.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

It already has. Globalism is unpopular.
    Nationalism isn't any better.
    I am the spoon.

Millions of Rand Paul and Ron Paul supporters (mostly soft support) had no where to go after Rand did poorly in Iowa. What did you expect them to do? Its natural the people all scatter to support whomever they want for whatever reason.

Like any demographic, it was chaotic... no one told us what to do or support after Rand's loss.

Lets face it, everyone here is a loser this election cycle. We got defeated. At least let people enjoy the sugar coated cyanide pill. Whether you vote D or R, not vote, vote third party or write in... the results are going to be the same. You lose. Let people choose how they want to loose.

PS: young people are not reliable voters or not good source of money. All that educating in 2012 to set up for 2016 and all that support went to bernie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    One that we on this very forum embraced as far back as 07

There's very few left on here from as far back as 07. Most of the people on here now know nothing of the issues which were occurring back then which created a following for Dr. Paul,..and many who are on here today are entryists.

It's fairly easy to spot them. The #1 trait of an entryist is, their rhetoric is very harsh and laced with ad hom attacks.

I think their personality in that matter is DNA based.

@alucard13mm
    Let people choose how they want to loose.
    Agreed, I think Julie B. explained it pretty good in her latest video.

If you came to RPF after the 2012 election here is her video explaining her conversion to Ron Paul back in 2008 although the video is made in 2011
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 10-30-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trump is the Ultimate Flip-Flop Guy
    That's fine, Hillary doesn't really flip flop ever, even if it appears she does, because she is just a puppet of the establishment and will do what they tell her.

Maybe Trump is too, maybe.. but we don't know for certain. He might not be.

As far as the flip flops, It could be that the sun just shifted, he changed his perspective and his 'shadow' moved, aka he changed his mind. Or maybe he is saying one or the other to get popularity then or votes now, who knows what kind of complex strategy can come from a guy with such a high IQ. Or maybe he is doing it to get Hillary elected, that Is a possibility.

What I do know is that with Trump we don't know what we're getting - but we do know the only possibility is that we will get the establishment with Clinton. So the two possibilities with Trump are that he is either with the establishment, which is just as bad as Hillary, or he isn't, which is better than Hillary. So it's a gamble, but it's better than just pulling the flusher with Hillary.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That's fine, Hillary doesn't really flip flop ever, even if it appears she does, because she is just a puppet of the establishment and will do what they tell her.

Maybe Trump is too, maybe.. but we don't know for certain. He might not be.

As far as the flip flops, It could be that the sun just shifted, he changed his perspective and his 'shadow' moved, aka he changed his mind. Or maybe he is saying one or the other to get popularity then or votes now, who knows what kind of complex strategy can come from a guy with such a high IQ. Or maybe he is doing it to get Hillary elected, that Is a possibility.

What I do know is that with Trump we don't know what we're getting - but we do know the only possibility is that we will get the establishment with Clinton. So the two possibilities with Trump are that he is either with the establishment, which is just as bad as Hillary, or he isn't, which is better than Hillary. So it's a gamble, but it's better than just pulling the flusher with Hillary.
    I'd rather $#@! a rattlesnakes mouth through a cactus.
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I'd rather $#@! a rattlesnakes mouth through a cactus.
    You would rather $#@! a rattlesnake mouth through a cactus, or would you rather roll the dice on whether you have to $#@! a rattlesnake mouth through a cactus? I don't think you quite picked the right analogy.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nationalism isn't any better.
    If you want to live in a country or region without a central bank, you are going to have to be just a little bit nationalist in this day and age

You would rather $#@! a rattlesnake mouth through a cactus, or would you rather roll the dice on whether you have to $#@! a rattlesnake mouth through a cactus? I don't think you quite picked the right analogy.
    I wasn't making an analogy. I'd rather $#@! a rattlesnake's mouth through a cactus, than vote for Hillary or Trump.
    I am the spoon.

If you want to live in a country or region without a central bank, you are going to have to be just a little bit nationalist in this day and age
    True.
    I am the spoon.

There's been an ongoing action on this forum to ban anyone who spoke favorably of Trump since the election season began.
    They obviously haven't been trying hard enough.

I wasn't making an analogy. I'd rather $#@! a rattlesnake's mouth through a cactus, than vote for Hillary or Trump.
    Ok, I voted for Gary Johnson. Signed, stamped, in the mail. I live in a blue state, though, and voting for Trump isn't really worth it either way. I still hope Trump wins over Hillary,

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    They obviously haven't been trying hard enough.
    Right? If they were banning Trump supporters, Smitty and all the other Trump supporters wouldn't be here.
    I am the spoon.

Ok, I voted for Gary Johnson. Signed, stamped, in the mail. I live in a blue state, though, and voting for Trump isn't really worth it either way. I still hope Trump wins over Hillary,
    You still in Cali?
    I am the spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which candidate supports abolishing central banking?

“People said I want to go and buy debt and default on debt, and I mean, these people are crazy. This is the United States government,” Trump told CNN’s Chris Cuomo on “New Day.” “First of all, you never have to default because you print the money, I hate to tell you, OK?” Trump said he would center his approach on debt buybacks if and when interest rates go up.

“I said if we can buy back government debt at a discount, in other words, if interest rates go up and we can buy bonds back at a discount — if we are liquid enough as a country, we should do that,” Trump said. “In other words, we can buy back debt at a discount.”

Trump had kicked up a firestorm in economic and political circles when, in an interview last Friday on CNBC, the presumptive Republican nominee seemed to suggest that rather than pay its outstanding national debt in full, the country could renegotiate.
    Asked if the U.S. needs to pay its debt in full or if it could negotiate a partial repayment, Trump said: “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”
    May 5, 2016:“I am a low interest-rate person. If we raise interest rates and if the dollar starts getting too strong, we’re going to have some very major problems.”

“Now, if inflation starts coming in—and we don’t see any signs of that, but—if inflation starts coming in, that’s a different story. Then you have to go up and you have to slow things down. But right now I am for low interest rates, and I think we keep them low, and we have to compete.”

May 18:
    Mr. Trump said he was “not an enemy” of Ms. Yellen, adding, “I’m not a person who thinks Janet Yellen is doing a bad job.”

“I happen to be a low-interest-rate person unless inflation rears its ugly head, which can happen at some point.” He said an inflation spike “doesn’t seem like it’s happening any time soon.”

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Which candidate supports abolishing central banking?
    Which candidate received funding from the Federal Reserve?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmaker...ton-1475096106

Which candidate received funding from the Federal Reserve?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmaker...ton-1475096106
    Thank you for agreeing with me that neither of the two major candidates are against central banking.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

There's been an ongoing action on this forum to ban anyone who spoke favorably of Trump since the election season began. Of course, the forum owners have the right to do so. But it turns the place into an echo chamber which isn't representative of what's occurring in the political world.
    $#@! off. There was never supposed to be any overt support of Trump here. (See posting guidelines.) No one enforced it, all of you Trump supporters ran all over this site pretty much at will. I think it's time libertarians take it back or risk getting banned. That's my new mission so $#@! OFF! << go ahead. Report me.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    $#@! off. There was never supposed to be any overt support of Trump here. (See posting guidelines.) No one enforced it, all of you Trump supporters ran all over this site pretty much at will. I think it's time libertarians take it back or risk getting banned. That's my new mission so $#@! OFF! << go ahead. Report me.
    I've seen this behavior out of older women before.

You need a cat.

I've seen this behavior out of older women before.

You need a cat.
    $#@! off. I have a cat. I don't need another $#@!, so go away.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast