Thread: Russia suspends US MEAT IMPORTS over "ractopamine"

Russia suspends US MEAT IMPORTS over "ractopamine"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/1...n-on-u-s-meat/
    Washington sharply criticized Moscow Monday for banning imports of US meat, saying the Russians had ignored scientific proof that an additive in US animal feed is safe.

Top US officials said that global food-safety experts had cleared the additive, ractopamine, as safe at levels used in the United States.
    But Russia, enforcing its own rules against any presence of ractopamine, on Monday banned all imports of beef, turkey, chicken, pork and other animals

“The United States is very disappointed that Russia has taken action to suspend all imports of US meat, which is produced to the highest safety standards in the world,” said US Trade Representative Ron Kirk and US Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack in a joint statement.

“Russia has disregarded the extensive and expert scientific studies conducted by the international food safety standards body, the Codex Alimentarius Commission,” they said.

The commission “has repeatedly concluded that animal feed containing the additive ractopamine is completely safe for livestock and for humans that consume their meat.”

They said Moscow had ignored repeated requests for talks on the issue “and instead has simply suspended US meat imports.”
    The United States exported $557.7 million worth of fresh meat, chilled or frozen, to Russia last year, according to US data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ractopamine
    Last edited by presence; 02-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wtf? if china and russia banned it.. why the hell is USA using it.

cmon! china banned it... i mean cmon!

"the Codex Alimentarius Commission"

The official cites THIS as the rubber stamp of approval.

Holy shiitteeeee....
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    "the Codex Alimentarius Commission"

The official cites THIS as the rubber stamp of approval.

Holy shiitteeeee....
    Sounds like something out of Warhammer 40K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

In case you are unaware - The Codex is food regulation that is desired as global law, established, propagated and pushed by a consortium of Corporations;

The World Trade Organization
    The United Nations
    The World Health Organization

The Codex reminds me of a historical event(s);

"Showers are right this way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Sounds like something out of Warhammer 40K.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    In case you are unaware - The Codex is food regulation that is desired as global law, established, propagated and pushed by a consortium of Corporations;

The World Trade Organization
    The United Nations
    The World Health Organization

The Codex reminds me of a historical event(s);

"Showers are right this way..."
    Oh no, I'm fully aware of what it is.

Just had Warhammer 40K on the mind is all. Just a random comment that had nothing to do with my understanding of the article.

For the Emperor.

I'll show myself out now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Oh no, I'm fully aware of what it is.

Just had Warhammer 40K on the mind is all. Just a random comment that had nothing to do with my understanding of the article.

For the Emperor.

I'll show myself out now...
    Be VERY careful, there is a commissar in this forum seeking to punish heresy!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

So the Codex Allmentarius, which develops standards but has no power in and of itself to enforce said standards is bad....

But the Russian government, which is using force to prohibit the sale of a product is good...

yep sounds libertarian to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

WHERE IS IT YOU #%&*ERS?!?!

These bastards really are trying to destroy us.

Go Russia and every other nation rejecting this nonsense.

Americans will, of course, simply sit back on their fat asses and allow this to continue.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It's really azmazing how we are engaging in fights w/ Russsia on so many fronts & nobody really talks about it.

There is quite a list of banned chemicals and GMO items in the EU. The corporations have not been as successful in coersion of their Governments like that have in the US
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito