Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    In a natural state of affairs I would 100% agree with you. What is happening now is not natural.
    If we go into full economic collapse, you will see how rapidly the threat of imminent death straightens people out. The so-called "left" and even some of the duller characters on the "right", when faced with live or die choices will almost universally choose life, which will necessitate the rapid abandonment of all stupidities.

I would estimate that in a true economic collapse, "government" will become scarce in the longer term. Oh, they will go full-tyrant at first, but when the vile cops' children begin to go hungry, all that nonsense would gradually (or perhaps not so gradually) cease. Once the bull$#@! circus called "the state" is absent, daily reality will undergo a quantum change. There would doubtlessly be a period of "adjustment", where the remnants of a century's worth of cumulative stupidity will persist. Given the likely outcomes of such interpersonal idiocies (lots of blood and corpses), people would wise up in little time. Then the new world will come and it will resemble the old world very closely in many ways, and I would welcome the return of dueling, which would contribute endlessly to the reestablishment of mannerliness to the world - something that has become rather foreign to most Americans.

The world is unlikely to descend into utter chaos - certainly not for long - because that $#@! is scary as all hell and most people are going to reject it with vigor. There is no longer-term profit there for anyone - not even the brigands. So once the idiotic notions has been swept away, basic survival will dictate a return to reason. And with any luck, humans may find some intelligence and the sense to hold on to it this time, including the will to slaughter all tyrants and their families. That threat alone will keep most players' hands on the table with nothing up their sleeves.

We are living Stupid because we can; because we want to; because it is EASIER. I don't think it can last forever, heaven forbid.

It's all speculation, of course, but time will tell us all we need to know.

Oh, and as for "not natural" - yes it is. It is perfectly human. We've been doing this crap for millennia. The difference today lies in the state of our common technologies, which places into the tyrant's hands levers his forebears could not even imagine.
    Last edited by osan; 12-19-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which metrics or criteria is Tucker using to point out that there is too much labor while at the same time, not enough labor?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    I'm an old engineer that retired in 2020.
    One of us, eh? What flavor? Mechanical here.

As for the new crop of engineers, I don't know what they are teaching them in the universities now, but broadly speaking it appears to be feces. Consider the notion of maintainability... let's say in automobiles, for example. I've seen design decisions that make mechanics want to beat the "engineers" with iron bars until they can no longer breath and pump blood on their own, and I don't blame them. I recently saw a car (didn't take note of the make), the starter of which was situated such that you have to drop the tranny in order to get to it for repair or replacement. That's just mental.

When I was coming up, especially in school, I was appalled at what we were NOT being taught. My dad was an instrument maker and new more about real-world engineering than most engineers. He once quipped to me some years after he retired, "you wish you knew what I forgot". But compared with what I see today, I feel like and old-times mechanic. For example, I know how to scrape in a babbitt bearing. Most of the kids coming out of school don't even know what that means, much less how to do it. Seriously, I feel like a literal fount of knowledge compared with these foobs who know all the latest tech, but nothing of that on which they are based, and THAT is a very bad thing. Most of them seem to have zero real world experience. When I was in college, I worked in machine shops, as a cabinet maker, pattern-maker, silver/goldsmith... I wanted to know how to get things done. These young's just want a check much of the time, it seems.

And I find it hilarious and sad to watch them think that they are doing real work with their little CAD systems, which is not to disparage CAD, but without the knowledge of manufacturing, all that knowledge is largely lacking.

I have (had?) an acquaintance, Heath. He's a typical lefty who does fabrication work - bids on sculpture projects, etc, and by all appearances has been very successful. 90% of his work is done in Rhino (CAD package) and all his pieces are made by CNC. The thinks he is a blacksmith. He's not. He is a glorified welder who's good with the CAD software, and good for him on that, but his skill level is nothing compared with most of the actual blacksmiths I know, who are numerous. This quantum difference in attitude is dangerously misguided. If SHTF for real, Heath will be SOL, whereas a stupid old blacksmith such as myself will actually be able to provide real value to others precisely because I can work in relatively primitive modes. I don't need a computer to get things done, though I very much appreciate having one at my disposal for my design work. If I put a spec for a 90* sheetmetal elbow in front of Heath for layout, I think he'd burst an artery not know where to start.

I grew up around a few men whom I admired greatly. Parker Bohn Snr. was a welder by profession and I swear there was nothing he could not do. Years after retiring he was called to help on a civil engineering project where the "engineers" got a huge piece of equipment stuck in a very large hole in the ground. For weeks they couldn't get it out and his name came up. In one day Parker got the thing unstuck... and without destroying it. The head engineer pissed Parker off, which was a big mistake, and he walked. After a few days they begged him to come back, which he said he would so long as the engineer in question was fired. They refused, so he said "good luck". A week or so later, they called back, informed him the engineer was no longer with the company, and he saved their bacon. Parker had a high school education. He was a REAL engineer and I endeavored to be like him, may he RIP.

Anyhow, I've gone on way too much here.

Adios.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If we go into full economic collapse, you will see how rapidly the threat of imminent death straightens people out. The so-called "left" and even some of the duller characters on the "right", when faced with live or die choices will almost universally choose life, which will necessitate the rapid abandonment of all stupidities.

I would estimate that in a true economic collapse, "government" will become scarce in the longer term. Oh, they will go full-tyrant at first, but when the vile cops' children begin to go hungry, all that nonsense would gradually (or perhaps not so gradually) cease. Once the bull$#@! circus called "the state" is absent, daily reality will undergo a quantum change. There would doubtlessly be a period of "adjustment", where the remnants of a century's worth of cumulative stupidity will persist. Given the likely outcomes of such interpersonal idiocies (lots of blood and corpses), people would wise up in little time. Then the new world will come and it will resemble the old world very closely in many ways, and I would welcome the return of dueling, which would contribute endlessly to the reestablishment of mannerliness to the world - something that has become rather foreign to most Americans.

The world is unlikely to descend into utter chaos - certainly not for long - because that $#@! is scary as all hell and most people are going to reject it with vigor. There is no longer-term profit there for anyone - not even the brigands. So once the idiotic notions has been swept away, basic survival will dictate a return to reason. And with any luck, humans may find some intelligence and the sense to hold on to it this time, including the will to slaughter all tyrants and their families. That threat alone will keep most players' hands on the table with nothing up their sleeves.

We are living Stupid because we can; because we want to; because it is EASIER. I don't think it can last forever, heaven forbid.

It's all speculation, of course, but time will tell us all we need to know.

Oh, and as for "not natural" - yes it is. It is perfectly human. We've been doing this crap for millennia. The difference today lies in the state of our common technologies, which places into the tyrant's hands levers his forebears could not even imagine.
    All this relies on The State being caught off guard by a monetary collapse, and that they haven't in fact designed - game planned - and already set up a digital currency to run with after a currency crash. Those who want to don the riot gear and smash heads will be able to continue to do so. Those that can turn their heads at their coworkers actions in order to make sure their family is fed and safe will have a home. Sure, there will be a portion of the military and law enforcement that stand down. But that's no issue when there are impoverished people the world over that would happily come here and order ignorant Americans around in exchange for food/health/status/security. Way too much rose colored glasses in the world today in regards to what happens in collapses and revolts.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Which metrics or criteria is Tucker using to point out that there is too much labor while at the same time, not enough labor?
    Wages would be a good guess.

There is plenty of unskilled labor around, due to the migrant invasion and the Marxist takeover of lower and higher education; finding some illiterate 70 IQ Haitians or Guatemalans, or equally clueless US college grads, to sweep up the place or run the Mexican bagpipes is no big deal, if you're willing to pay the wages that have inflated along with everything else for their time.

Skilled and semi skilled labor on the other hand, is becoming Unobtanium. There's none to be had at any price. I've seen $20 to $40 per hour being offered, with massive benefit packages, for jobs in local industry from machining work, to shipyard work, to driving an oil truck, to fleet diesel mechanics.

And these jobs often go unfilled.

For numerous reasons, that have all been mentioned in the thread, but one important one that Carlson missed, that I am living out, is that there are some of us that are or have gone "Galt".

Our oppressors mock us, diminish our work, call us enemies of the state, call out law enforcement en masse against us, cripple us with regulations, crush us with taxes and undercut us by importing competition or outsourcing work to lower the value of our time and skills.

So, $#@! them.

I am no longer going to use my skills (that are very specialized, very unique and have taken a lifetime of learning and jumping through hoops, hurdles, tests and examinations to prove and acquire) to prop up a system that is coming to kill me.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Doesn't "going Galt" imply that there is some mysterious utopian movement that welcomes useful dissidents?

The closest I could come to "going Galt" would be to live in a refrigerator box down by the river and rounding up carts at walmarx for the 'gubmint food and health card.

My only choices seem to be to work for the Man at a high level or a low level.

The elites have shown that there is an endless supply of people with skills close enough to replace each one of us. All the better for the Man that this country looks more and more like the countries from which our replacements originate.

Opting out means homelessness, cold, and hunger.

Depressing.

Many of us are trying to figure this out. Especially those of us with families. It's not easy and they know that (they being the oligarchs). They have us by the proverbial balls. Case in point being the vax mandates to businesses, etc. It's their line in the sand and our woke companies (like mine) are obliging. No, I have not gotten the vax and have sought exemptions, which are looking promising.

BUT - there are little things that all of us with a backyard can start looking into. Little things that over time will snowball if you allow them to.

Start a small garden in the spring. You'd be surprised what a 5' x 5' box can yield in such a small space.
    Backyard chickens for both eggs and meat.
    Finding people who think like us around your neighborhood/town that you can network with and share ideas, foods, etc. (think freedom cells).
    Not complying around town with stupid mask mandates, etc. Show solidarity for others who think like us and are looking for other people to take a stand. I don't wear a mask into any store anymore (although this hasn't been a big issue where I live for like the last year or more) but if stores start requiring them again, they can kick me out. It's fine.

Start taking the little steps and just go from there. Start small, start with one thing at a time.

A parallel society is something we need and I think more people are seeing that.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

@osan

If you can afford it, good on you.
    Gonna find out I suppose.

Dass cuh'you RAYcis, cuh'you WHAAT.
    Yes, I am well aware of that, and that has been made clear to me on numerous occasions, thank you for pointing it out once again, however.

Theye can get away with nearly anything. Note "nearly". If petroleum goes the way of the dodo, I'd predict about 71% of the global population would perish within one year's time. Not sure Theye could get away with that.
    "Theye" are clearly wargaming, in real time, various genocidal population termination scenarios, everything from man made plagues, to contrived food shortages, to deliberate elimination of cheap and reliable energy and petrochemical resources.

Are you seriously gong to quit?
    Yes, either quit or "downsize".

Instead of being responsible for, and know what to do with, 400 feet of all weather, position holding, multi million dollar vessel, hundreds of millions in specialized equipment, 35 crew's lives on the line while working a billion dollar well project, instead, I'll go pull lobster pots.

Given the stress on my broke down old fat ass, I'd live longer.

Let Ocasio Cortez, Justin Beiber, LeBron James and that drag fagggot Lutheran priest in Chicago form a "People's Committee" to figure out how to pull oil out of the sea floor from 10,000 feet.

If there's justice in this universe, they'll starve first.

Lucky for us, we have a gas well all to ourselves.
    Got a coal seam I can dig out at the surface?

Seriously...I am equipping a back yard forge to tinker with blacksmithing, a skill I have wanted to acquire since I was a a kid.

Finding nut size bituminous coal in retail portions (50 lb bags) is proving to be a PITA.

Got any local sources you can pass along?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-20-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Wash Post: Low-Wage Employers Struggle After ‘Cheap-Labor Bubble’ Bursts

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...-labor-bubble/

NEIL MUNRO20 Dec 2021201
    12:32
    Millions of Americans are walking out of tough, low-wage jobs, and many of their employers are surprised they cannot easily recruit cheap replacements, according to a Washington Post article about workers and wages in Liberty County, Ga.

“It was nothing personal,” hotel maid Monique Rolle told the Post. “Target was paying more, so I dropped [working at] the hotel.”

“The reason that so many of these companies are unable to find workers now is because they rely on a flawed business model that only succeeds when the payroll is artificially held low [by an inflow of] foreign workers,” said Rob Law, the director of regulatory affairs and policy at the Center for Immigration Studies.

Since 1990, the federal government has imported millions of cheap workers for business. This policy of inflating the labor supply allowed many employers to launch many low-productivity companies that cannot survive a higher-wage economy, he added.

President Donald Trump’s popular migration curbs and the coronavirus disease together burst the cheap-labor bubble, Law said.

Hasit Patel is an Indian legal immigrant who operates the two-star La Quinta franchise budget hotel where Rolle worked for roughly $8.50 an hour before she took her $15-an-hour job at Target.

Patel’s business plan depended on cheap migrant labor, according to what he told the Washington Post:

[His] struggle to find [replacement] labor felt like a blow to his whole notion of what made America great. An immigrant from India, he believed that the health of the U.S. economy was protected by a constant refreshing of the workforce, an injection of striving immigrants willing to take on some of the unpleasant jobs that many Americans are loath to do — like cleaning [his] hotel rooms.

Patel’s expectation was rational: From 1990 to 2017, the federal government inflated the labor force by adding roughly one migrant — both legal and illegal — for every three Americans who joined the workforce.

That economic policy of inflating the labor supply slowed in the 2008 crash and came to a sudden halt in 2020 when President Donald Trump closed the borders to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Overall, the federal government imported 5 million fewer foreigners from 2010 to 2020 — including 3 million fewer from 2017 to 2020 — compared to prior decades, according to recent reports.

The Post report continued:

“I can’t compete with the warehouses for wages,” Patel said. “The government should let us get people from India, even just for six months. The government has to realize there are certain job categories that American people don’t want to do anymore.”

The Post did not explain how Patel would import temporary workers from caste-divided India, where half the workers earn less than $100 per week. But the B-1/B-2 visa is used by some Indians to legally visit for six months — and illegal work while they are in the United States.

So, without a supply of very cheap workers from his home country, Patel reluctantly raised Americans’ wages “from $8.50 to nearly $11 an hour and offered more flexible schedules,” the Post reported.

The Post says Patel is a franchise operator. That effectively means he is an imported manager for La Quinta’s parent company, its board, and its investors.

The Post reported similar recruitment problems at a Liberty County nightclub, a barber, and a local restaurant where the headcount fell from 42 to 12.

Those county problems are mirrored nationwide.

For the last few decades, multiple industries used the flood of new legal and illegal immigrants to create immediate profits and stock values. They have minimized investments in productivity-boosting technology, cut blue-collar wages, slashed training of non-college Americans, and chewed up workers because they could be replaced with more young Americans and more migrants.

The meatpacking, trucking, home construction, agriculture, retail, and food services sectors all reshaped their businesses to maximize profit from a vast pool of powerless, low-productivity workers.

“We don’t like to say this much, but it has long been the practice of many restaurants to hire staff as inexpensively as possible and provide them with the fewest benefits that they can, often by restricting their hours so they don’t qualify as full-time employees,” Bret Thorn, the senior food & beverage editor for Nation’s Restaurant News, told a national industry meeting in October. “We all know this,” he added:

I guess that can be a good business plan when the labor pool is deep, which it’s not now and I doubt will be for the foreseeable future, but it’s also cruel, and a growing number of people who have worked in restaurants now see that they can do better, and that they deserve better.

“What’s going on in the industry today … is historic,” added Rick Badgley, an executive at Brinker International, which owns the Chili’s Maggiano’s Little Italy restaurant chains. He urged managers to reward and respect their once-disposable workers:

You’ve got to be receptive to feedback … The workforce that we’re dealing with now has high standards, high demands, and high expectations. Make sure you’re investing the time to listen, listen to your team members, they have invaluable feedback for you.

In Liberty County, some local leaders told the Post that the federal government should force people to work by reducing financial aid:

Any return to life as it was, said [Donald] Lovette, chairman of the County Commission, will require redefining the relationship between workers and the government benefits they expect. “It’s not that people are lazy,” he said, “it’s that some of them are better off financially by not paying for child care, staying home for a while, using their benefits to pay down some debt. It’s simple economics.”

But there are plenty of locals eager to work at high-productivity workplaces that can pay higher wages than the budget hotels and cut-price restaurants. The Post reported:

The warehouses that turned open fields into beehives of loading and shipping could afford to raise wages and keep the flow of new workers strong. Rick Haslett, the operations manager at a new Home Meridian furnishings warehouse, said he received 100 applications for the 50 jobs he had to fill this fall. He had to promise 50-cent hourly raises every six months to draw enough interest, but his $15 hourly wage for laborers was a big boost for people coming from smaller, minimum-wage businesses across the county.

Despite the loud claims of a worker “shortage,” the county’s workforce is slightly higher that the pre-coronavirus workforce, when 25,229 people were working.

But the county is still poor and has been for decades. The per-capita income grew by a little over one percent per year from 1975 to 2019. After-inflation income grew faster under President Donald Trump, by roughly 2 percent per year, and hit $36,969 in 2019, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

Immigration gets some of the blame for the county’s poverty.

The federal government uses legal and illegal immigration to spike economic growth. But the vast majority of migrants have no roots in heartland America, so they settle in the coastal states, such as New York and Los Angeles. In turn, this massive coastal workforce means there is little pressure on investors in New York or Los Angeles to create factories and well-paying jobs in distant Liberty County.

So Liberty County remains under-developed and poor while people grow investment, jobs, and wealth in California, New York, Texas, and Florida. County-wide, less than 60 percent of people older than 16 worked during the 2015 to 2019 period, according to Census Bureau data.

Nationwide, politicians are facing pressure from companies who want the federal government to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble that it started in 1990. In Washington, that business pressure has added three cheap-labor giveaways buried deep in the pending Build Back Better bill.

Biden’s deputies are trying to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble. So far, they have imported roughly 1.5 million migrants — both legal immigrants and illegal migrants — during 2021.

This massive wage-cutting, rent-spiking inflow is being welcomed into the country even while Biden praises labor shortages and rising wages. So far, Biden’s 2021 wave of migrants has not reached Patel’s hotel, because most of them travel to cities where they can maximize their wages while saving rent by sharing apartments with other migrants.

But politicians know that voters really do not want government officials putting migrants into the jobs that Americans need.

For example, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers zig-zagged between business and the voters when reporters recently quizzed him about companies’ demand for cheap imported workers, according to a December 15 report in KenoshaNews.com:

“If at some point and time, we as a nation can figure out immigration issues, the entire country would be thankful for that,” Evers said. “There are a shortage of workers, people, all across this country. For some reason, we haven’t been able to figure that out.”

[…]

Evers said he spoke to a large employer Monday night who echoed the workforce concerns heard by many. Evers said she told him if possible, she’d head to the border and come back with as many workers as she could find. “She said, ‘I’d be glad to take two buses down to the border of Mexico and bring back people that are willing, who want to work and be good Americans, bring them back to Wisconsin. I’ll pay for there [sic] housing and pay them $20 an hour to work, too,’” Evers said.

“That tells me that the immigration policy has to be fixed,” Evers explained.

But Evers knows that he will face the voters next year, so he scheduled the event to announce his award of $60 million in training grants for Americans.

“We have people in the State of Wisconsin that have an opportunity now with these projects in different parts of the state to increase their job skills so they’re more marketable,” Evers continued. “This is the right approach to take.”

But many business sectors keep demanding the federal government re-inflate the bubble. “What they are currently doing … is just a bad business model, and that’s why immigration is being used as a way of propping it up,” said Law.

Few media outlets have admitted the federal government’s creation of the post-1990s cheap-labor bubble. Instead, elite media describe the current walkout and recruitment crisis as a “Great Resignation,” as if job-related decisions by millions of Americans are unaffected by the government’s multi-decade support for a low-wage economy.

The Washington Post delivers excellent yet episodic coverage of American poverty. But the newspaper is silent about one of the biggest causes of American poverty — the federal policy of extraction migration. The policy impoverishes millions of Americans as it pulls millions of people from poor countries to serve as workers, renters, and consumers for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street investors.

The Post‘s silence also hides the federal government’s incoherence about migration, and the huge inflow of foreign graduates into the careers sought by U.S. college graduates — including careers at the Post‘s adoptive parent, Amazon.

Many polls show that labor migration is deeply unpopular because it damages ordinary Americans’ career opportunities, cuts their wages, and raises their rents.

Migration also curbs Americans’ productivity, shrinks their political clout, widens regional wealth gaps, radicalizes their democratic, compromise-promoting civic culture, and allows elites to ignore despairing Americans at the bottom of society.

For many years, a wide variety of polls has shown deep and broad opposition to labor migration and the inflow of temporary contract workers into jobs sought by young U.S. graduates. This opposition is multiracial, cross-sex, non-racist, class-based, bipartisan, rational, persistent, and recognizes the solidarity Americans owe to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wash Post: Low-Wage Employers Struggle After ‘Cheap-Labor Bubble’ Bursts

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...-labor-bubble/

NEIL MUNRO20 Dec 2021201
    12:32
    Millions of Americans are walking out of tough, low-wage jobs, and many of their employers are surprised they cannot easily recruit cheap replacements, according to a Washington Post article about workers and wages in Liberty County, Ga.

“It was nothing personal,” hotel maid Monique Rolle told the Post. “Target was paying more, so I dropped [working at] the hotel.”

“The reason that so many of these companies are unable to find workers now is because they rely on a flawed business model that only succeeds when the payroll is artificially held low [by an inflow of] foreign workers,” said Rob Law, the director of regulatory affairs and policy at the Center for Immigration Studies.

Since 1990, the federal government has imported millions of cheap workers for business. This policy of inflating the labor supply allowed many employers to launch many low-productivity companies that cannot survive a higher-wage economy, he added.

President Donald Trump’s popular migration curbs and the coronavirus disease together burst the cheap-labor bubble, Law said.

Hasit Patel is an Indian legal immigrant who operates the two-star La Quinta franchise budget hotel where Rolle worked for roughly $8.50 an hour before she took her $15-an-hour job at Target.

Patel’s business plan depended on cheap migrant labor, according to what he told the Washington Post:

[His] struggle to find [replacement] labor felt like a blow to his whole notion of what made America great. An immigrant from India, he believed that the health of the U.S. economy was protected by a constant refreshing of the workforce, an injection of striving immigrants willing to take on some of the unpleasant jobs that many Americans are loath to do — like cleaning [his] hotel rooms.

Patel’s expectation was rational: From 1990 to 2017, the federal government inflated the labor force by adding roughly one migrant — both legal and illegal — for every three Americans who joined the workforce.

That economic policy of inflating the labor supply slowed in the 2008 crash and came to a sudden halt in 2020 when President Donald Trump closed the borders to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Overall, the federal government imported 5 million fewer foreigners from 2010 to 2020 — including 3 million fewer from 2017 to 2020 — compared to prior decades, according to recent reports.

The Post report continued:

“I can’t compete with the warehouses for wages,” Patel said. “The government should let us get people from India, even just for six months. The government has to realize there are certain job categories that American people don’t want to do anymore.”

The Post did not explain how Patel would import temporary workers from caste-divided India, where half the workers earn less than $100 per week. But the B-1/B-2 visa is used by some Indians to legally visit for six months — and illegal work while they are in the United States.

So, without a supply of very cheap workers from his home country, Patel reluctantly raised Americans’ wages “from $8.50 to nearly $11 an hour and offered more flexible schedules,” the Post reported.

The Post says Patel is a franchise operator. That effectively means he is an imported manager for La Quinta’s parent company, its board, and its investors.

The Post reported similar recruitment problems at a Liberty County nightclub, a barber, and a local restaurant where the headcount fell from 42 to 12.

Those county problems are mirrored nationwide.

For the last few decades, multiple industries used the flood of new legal and illegal immigrants to create immediate profits and stock values. They have minimized investments in productivity-boosting technology, cut blue-collar wages, slashed training of non-college Americans, and chewed up workers because they could be replaced with more young Americans and more migrants.

The meatpacking, trucking, home construction, agriculture, retail, and food services sectors all reshaped their businesses to maximize profit from a vast pool of powerless, low-productivity workers.

“We don’t like to say this much, but it has long been the practice of many restaurants to hire staff as inexpensively as possible and provide them with the fewest benefits that they can, often by restricting their hours so they don’t qualify as full-time employees,” Bret Thorn, the senior food & beverage editor for Nation’s Restaurant News, told a national industry meeting in October. “We all know this,” he added:

I guess that can be a good business plan when the labor pool is deep, which it’s not now and I doubt will be for the foreseeable future, but it’s also cruel, and a growing number of people who have worked in restaurants now see that they can do better, and that they deserve better.

“What’s going on in the industry today … is historic,” added Rick Badgley, an executive at Brinker International, which owns the Chili’s Maggiano’s Little Italy restaurant chains. He urged managers to reward and respect their once-disposable workers:

You’ve got to be receptive to feedback … The workforce that we’re dealing with now has high standards, high demands, and high expectations. Make sure you’re investing the time to listen, listen to your team members, they have invaluable feedback for you.

In Liberty County, some local leaders told the Post that the federal government should force people to work by reducing financial aid:

Any return to life as it was, said [Donald] Lovette, chairman of the County Commission, will require redefining the relationship between workers and the government benefits they expect. “It’s not that people are lazy,” he said, “it’s that some of them are better off financially by not paying for child care, staying home for a while, using their benefits to pay down some debt. It’s simple economics.”

But there are plenty of locals eager to work at high-productivity workplaces that can pay higher wages than the budget hotels and cut-price restaurants. The Post reported:

The warehouses that turned open fields into beehives of loading and shipping could afford to raise wages and keep the flow of new workers strong. Rick Haslett, the operations manager at a new Home Meridian furnishings warehouse, said he received 100 applications for the 50 jobs he had to fill this fall. He had to promise 50-cent hourly raises every six months to draw enough interest, but his $15 hourly wage for laborers was a big boost for people coming from smaller, minimum-wage businesses across the county.

Despite the loud claims of a worker “shortage,” the county’s workforce is slightly higher that the pre-coronavirus workforce, when 25,229 people were working.

But the county is still poor and has been for decades. The per-capita income grew by a little over one percent per year from 1975 to 2019. After-inflation income grew faster under President Donald Trump, by roughly 2 percent per year, and hit $36,969 in 2019, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

Immigration gets some of the blame for the county’s poverty.

The federal government uses legal and illegal immigration to spike economic growth. But the vast majority of migrants have no roots in heartland America, so they settle in the coastal states, such as New York and Los Angeles. In turn, this massive coastal workforce means there is little pressure on investors in New York or Los Angeles to create factories and well-paying jobs in distant Liberty County.

So Liberty County remains under-developed and poor while people grow investment, jobs, and wealth in California, New York, Texas, and Florida. County-wide, less than 60 percent of people older than 16 worked during the 2015 to 2019 period, according to Census Bureau data.

Nationwide, politicians are facing pressure from companies who want the federal government to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble that it started in 1990. In Washington, that business pressure has added three cheap-labor giveaways buried deep in the pending Build Back Better bill.

Biden’s deputies are trying to re-inflate the cheap-labor bubble. So far, they have imported roughly 1.5 million migrants — both legal immigrants and illegal migrants — during 2021.

This massive wage-cutting, rent-spiking inflow is being welcomed into the country even while Biden praises labor shortages and rising wages. So far, Biden’s 2021 wave of migrants has not reached Patel’s hotel, because most of them travel to cities where they can maximize their wages while saving rent by sharing apartments with other migrants.

But politicians know that voters really do not want government officials putting migrants into the jobs that Americans need.

For example, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers zig-zagged between business and the voters when reporters recently quizzed him about companies’ demand for cheap imported workers, according to a December 15 report in KenoshaNews.com:

“If at some point and time, we as a nation can figure out immigration issues, the entire country would be thankful for that,” Evers said. “There are a shortage of workers, people, all across this country. For some reason, we haven’t been able to figure that out.”

[…]

Evers said he spoke to a large employer Monday night who echoed the workforce concerns heard by many. Evers said she told him if possible, she’d head to the border and come back with as many workers as she could find. “She said, ‘I’d be glad to take two buses down to the border of Mexico and bring back people that are willing, who want to work and be good Americans, bring them back to Wisconsin. I’ll pay for there [sic] housing and pay them $20 an hour to work, too,’” Evers said.

“That tells me that the immigration policy has to be fixed,” Evers explained.

But Evers knows that he will face the voters next year, so he scheduled the event to announce his award of $60 million in training grants for Americans.

“We have people in the State of Wisconsin that have an opportunity now with these projects in different parts of the state to increase their job skills so they’re more marketable,” Evers continued. “This is the right approach to take.”

But many business sectors keep demanding the federal government re-inflate the bubble. “What they are currently doing … is just a bad business model, and that’s why immigration is being used as a way of propping it up,” said Law.

Few media outlets have admitted the federal government’s creation of the post-1990s cheap-labor bubble. Instead, elite media describe the current walkout and recruitment crisis as a “Great Resignation,” as if job-related decisions by millions of Americans are unaffected by the government’s multi-decade support for a low-wage economy.

The Washington Post delivers excellent yet episodic coverage of American poverty. But the newspaper is silent about one of the biggest causes of American poverty — the federal policy of extraction migration. The policy impoverishes millions of Americans as it pulls millions of people from poor countries to serve as workers, renters, and consumers for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Wall Street investors.

The Post‘s silence also hides the federal government’s incoherence about migration, and the huge inflow of foreign graduates into the careers sought by U.S. college graduates — including careers at the Post‘s adoptive parent, Amazon.

Many polls show that labor migration is deeply unpopular because it damages ordinary Americans’ career opportunities, cuts their wages, and raises their rents.

Migration also curbs Americans’ productivity, shrinks their political clout, widens regional wealth gaps, radicalizes their democratic, compromise-promoting civic culture, and allows elites to ignore despairing Americans at the bottom of society.

For many years, a wide variety of polls has shown deep and broad opposition to labor migration and the inflow of temporary contract workers into jobs sought by young U.S. graduates. This opposition is multiracial, cross-sex, non-racist, class-based, bipartisan, rational, persistent, and recognizes the solidarity Americans owe to each other.
    The Greenspan plan. Export work, import cheap labor, and print all the money you want.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Greenspan plan. Export work, import cheap labor, and print all the money you want.
    It worked longer than I thought it would . Of course not without the high cost of losing most maufactoring to the point of a negatively effected national security , but I dont think that was ever a concern to those.
    Do something Danke

@osan
    Got a coal seam I can dig out at the surface?

Seriously...I am equipping a back yard forge to tinker with blacksmithing, a skill I have wanted to acquire since I was a a kid.

Finding nut size bituminous coal in retail portions (50 lb bags) is proving to be a PITA.

Got any local sources you can pass along?
    That I so not have... at least to my knowledge. But there are mines close to us here and one of these days I will drive the dump truck down and have them fill it up a few times. One hundred tons would last me the rest of my life, I am sure. You could do the same, but the transportation cost is what will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Theye have been casting about for decades to find the new Jew. Finally, pay dirt: the unvaxxed. We are the ones whom the "enlightened" masses are willing to see placed in camps and even liquidated. The vaxxed are having their dread cultivated to just such degrees. Their midbrains are taking over in blind-survival mode, and if things keep going as they are, before long the levels of blood-simple terror will pass some critical mark and Theye will be able to act with broad support.

If +/- 71% of the population will support Themme, the remainder will at best have their work cut out for them, the chances being very good that they will be exterminated - physically. I have little doubt that Theye will in fact go for extermination. It is in their practical interest to do so, and if the fear of plague carriers is raised to sufficiency, this will be far easier to accomplish than I believe most people dare contemplate, much less adopt as truth. Finding the right Jew is key, and it now appears that Theye may have finally gotten there, the irony being that all which was required was the right PR program. The bug itself, while real and very dangerous for some, is eminently survivable by the vast and overwhelming majority. If we are final-solutioned, it will be 99% by our own hands. I call that some grand irony, right there.

Listening to this guy reminds me of growing up in a Norwegian house.

Exclamation DIVIDE and RULE

This is not a good sign....

'Divide and Rule'

To keep control over people who might oppose you, by encouraging disagreement or fighting among them

The EMPIRE was maintained through a strategy of divide and rule.

Ref: https://www.macmillandictionary.com/...ivide-and-rule

Similar phrases:

'Divide and Conquer'

To make a group of people disagree and fight with one another so that they will not join together against one

His military strategy is to divide and conquer.

Ref: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...0and%20conquer

A Masonic Merry Christmas - Divided and Ruled

Compass (DIVIDERS) and Square (RULERS)

Social Control in the 21st Century...

East v West
    Black v White
    Men v Women
    Pro Vax v Anti Vax
    Democrats v Republicans
    Labour v Conservative
    North v South
    Catholics v Protestants
    Young v Old
    Lancs v Yorks
    Straight v Gay
    Peace v War
    Rich v Poor
    Christians v Muslims

etc.

Particularly relevant in the current dystopia?

A Masonic Merry Christmas - Divided and Ruled by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

A Masonic Merry Christmas - Divided and Ruled p2 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

A Masonic Merry Christmas - Divided and Ruled p3 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

A Masonic Merry Christmas - Divided and Ruled p1 by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...vision-7-1.pdf

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...arter-v2_6.pdf

https://pubastrology.files.wordpress...g-sun-v0_7.pdf

That I so not have... at least to my knowledge. But there are mines close to us here and one of these days I will drive the dump truck down and have them fill it up a few times. One hundred tons would last me the rest of my life, I am sure. You could do the same, but the transportation cost is what will kill you.
    Well, if you decide to do that, let me know.

I'd drive down and buy a couple ton off you.

...I'll either fully retire or deliver pizza or dub around in my forge blacksmithing.
    Pretty sure you don't want to deliver pizza. Tell ya what though, open a pizza shop at Weirs Beach that actually serves beer. You know I'd be there. Add a display case for your smithed wares and sell a few of those as well. And occasionally take a head boat out onto the lake for a "liberty tour." Just brainstorming a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Do not fear. Hippie Modernism will save us.
    uhh, yeah. Ok.

... One place where Atlas Shrugged, and by extension Rand, failed was in that it was never explained how Galt got his Gulch bootstrapped. I suspect Rand had no idea how to do this in practice, which is not surprising given that the answers, if they even exist, likely point to tasks of a most monumental nature.
    My thought on this is that even if a "true" Gulch bootstrapping is a series of monumental tasks, one can start heading in that direction, step by step, and approach or approximate a Gulch as best as one can. Instead of 20% of the population going 100% Galt, what if 100% of the population went 20% Galt, or 50% of the population went 40% Galt? You get the idea. Every head of lettuce pulled out of the backyard, every BTU that comes out of a fireplace or wood stove, and every cash transaction is a small percentage of life outside their system(s). That pretty much sounds like agorism, but agorism or Galt, a rose by any other name is still not playing their game.

When I was coming up, especially in school, I was appalled at what we were NOT being taught. .... Most of them seem to have zero real world experience. When I was in college, I worked in machine shops, as a cabinet maker, pattern-maker, silver/goldsmith... I wanted to know how to get things done. These young's just want a check much of the time, it seems.
    That was my experience in school (no real world experience). I did three years of ME and two of AE before dropping out to work. Everything in school was math, which for me wasn't a problem, but I just kept having this feeling that I was a fraud and that when I graduated, I wouldn't know squat. It felt dishonest. I ended up in a machine shop and got pretty good at the high-tech/CNC/programming side. The mysterious-to-most "custom macro" CNC stuff was simply a cut down version of FORTRAN77 which was a freshman class in college. I was something of a freak in the shop because I was the college kid who knew the computer stuff inside and out but I'd spend all my spare time in the prototype shop with old-timers and handle-crankers, not with the "engineers" and other programmers. The prototype stuff was the knowledge and experience I knew I was missing in engineering school. To the extent that I was successful as a CNC machinist (and I was), much credit goes to those handle-crankers for taking the time to clue in a no-real-world-experience college drop out.

Wages would be a good guess.

There is plenty of unskilled labor around....

Skilled and semi skilled labor on the other hand, is becoming Unobtanium...
    I think you've hit the bull's eye here. It's pretty much the other side of the coin wrt capital. The Austrian business cycle theory notes that capital isn't homogeneous, why would labor be?

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    BUT - there are little things that all of us with a backyard can start looking into. Little things that over time will snowball if you allow them to.

Start a small garden in the spring. You'd be surprised what a 5' x 5' box can yield in such a small space.
    Backyard chickens for both eggs and meat.
    Finding people who think like us around your neighborhood/town that you can network with and share ideas, foods, etc. (think freedom cells).
    Not complying around town with stupid mask mandates, etc. Show solidarity for others who think like us and are looking for other people to take a stand. I don't wear a mask into any store anymore (although this hasn't been a big issue where I live for like the last year or more) but if stores start requiring them again, they can kick me out. It's fine.

Start taking the little steps and just go from there. Start small, start with one thing at a time.

A parallel society is something we need and I think more people are seeing that.
    ^^ bootstrapping the gulch.

Theye have been casting about for decades to find the new Jew. Finally, pay dirt: the unvaxxed...
    Funny, even without the "Jew" analogy, I've referred to a handful of people I know as my "Anne Frank friends." By that I meant that regardless of our political and perhaps religious differences, if the UN tanks rolled into town, I knew they would be willing to hide me. Many of those "Anne Frank friends" are now "sus" (to borrow a word from the kids) because of the jab thing. I'm not entirely sure I could trust them to hide me if I needed to be hidden. The only one I had left just moved from Virginia to the great plains, so that's not super convenient. Anyway, I think your analysis is spot on here.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Well, if you decide to do that, let me know.

I'd drive down and buy a couple ton off you.
    If I ever get to it, I will let you know.

I'd like to get 100 ton, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Ten would carry me awhile.

One of us, eh? What flavor? Mechanical here.
    Systems Engineering is the overall discipline I worked in. I picked up a particular affinity for the system architecture, requirements definition, and system simulation sub-disciplines when I worked at JPL in the 80's and early 90's - and always seemed to drift back towards those for the rest of my career.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Systems Engineering is the overall discipline I worked in. I picked up a particular affinity for the system architecture, requirements definition, and system simulation sub-disciplines when I worked at JPL in the 80's and early 90's - and always seemed to drift back towards those for the rest of my career.
    Yeah been there, done all that. I've never worked as an ME, but spent some of my life as an MTS at Bell Labs, then went off on my own as climbing the corporate ladder was definitely not for me. Besides, I'm such an ass, I was always getting into trouble. Seems I was unwilling to let Stupid slide, which just pisses off the mediocre, so I left and it was the second best decision I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    All this relies on The State being caught off guard by a monetary collapse, and that they haven't in fact designed - game planned - and already set up a digital currency to run with after a currency crash.
    Well yes, of course. But then it would not be an economic collapse of sufficiency to the stated result.

Those who want to don the riot gear and smash heads will be able to continue to do so.
    Not in a real-deal collapse. You can print all the "money" you want. If there's no for to be had because farming has stopped... You get where I'm going with this, I 'spect.

Sure, there will be a portion of the military and law enforcement that stand down. But that's no issue when there are impoverished people the world over that would happily come here and order ignorant Americans around in exchange for food/health/status/security.
    It's a pretty large leap from here to there. Also figure that at least at the very beginning, there will be state-sponsored thieving from those who have for the sake of continuing operations. If and when the providers of commodity items such as raw materials go running for the hills (e.g., fertilizer and crude oil), where will the products come from to support state operations? If the economy goes THAT far into oblivion, it will be years before people can get so much as a loaf of bread. Tech such as chips and all the supporting items for, say, phones and the like, would be likely a few decades off. Most folks have no idea at all just how tenuous our high-tech lives really are. Hell, we're witnessing it first-hand in the wake of this Covid bull$#@!. The relatively innocuous disturbances to the supply chain have had wild buttes with the economy, and thereby with people's lives. A real collapse would mean lots of violence and death and "government" would likely have no control over it.

And for the record, the bastard Chinese don't really want this to happen here either - even if they think they do. If the US economy goes, the rest of the world goes with it precisely because of the tenuous, precarious nature of how things have evolved. Complication lends itself to fragility and we are ever so complex these days. Remove just one bolt, the right one, from an Apache and it will not fly, for example.

Way too much rose colored glasses in the world today in regards to what happens in collapses and revolts.
    Agreed. The vast majority (I'd say at least 90%, and probably significantly more) have NO idea of just how easy they have it and how tough life would be for them in the event that the conveniences were swept away in some socio-economic conflagration. I'd put at least half the population dead in a year or less. How will they live without electricity? How would they keep their foodstuffs in a state such that consuming them would not be an exercise in Russian roulette? Those numbers are tiny. But those who survived would be living in an altered universe where mannerliness will have become a virtue so central to survival that nobody would be discussing it as we are here. It would simply be the unspoken fact of life for all who did not want to be killed for want of protocol and basic respect.

Merry Christmas!

Lightbulb Compass (DIVIDERS) and Square (RULERS)

Masonic Social Control in the 21st Century - Divided and Ruled

The Compass and Squarers - The Dividers and Rulers by Prince Arthur, on Flickr

Masonic Social Control in the 21st Century - Divided and Ruled

East v West
    Black v White
    Men v Women
    Pro Vax v Anti Vax
    Democrats v Republicans
    Labour v Conservative
    North v South
    Catholics v Protestants
    Young v Old
    Lancs v Yorks
    Straight v Gay