Thread: First Seastead in International Waters Now Occupied, Thanks to Bitcoin Wealth

First Seastead in International Waters Now Occupied, Thanks to Bitcoin Wealth

"Two libertarians now have a private home off the coast of Thailand—proof of concept for a world of more competitive governance and greater ocean environmental health."

"Its inhabitants are Chad Elwartowski and Nadia Summergirl. In a chat-window interview before the video premiered on YouTube last night, Elwartowski told me that his "main motivation has been finding true liberty in this lifetime. I have participated in several other projects that promised that but never delivered," including the "​Free State Project, Libertarian Party elections, Ron Paul campaign, other seastead projects."

https://reason.com/blog/2019/03/01/f...ional-waters-n
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Big place- six square meters for a mere $150,000. Not much space for a garden. Guess you have to go that twelve miles to shore for food all the time.

not formally associated with The Seasteading Institute for a variety of reasons,

https://ocean.builders/faq/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-02-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Big place- six square meters for a mere $150,000. Not much space for a garden. Guess you have to go that twelve miles to shore for food all the time.

https://ocean.builders/faq/
    I know, right? How much would it have cost if the government built it?

...And my guess is they'll be eating a lot of seafood.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I know, right? How much would it have cost if the government built it?

...And my guess is they'll be eating a lot of seafood.
    Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either. I would be so bored. If you have land, you can get a bigger micro house for half the cost of that place. https://tinyliving.com/minim-micro-homes/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-02-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either. I would be so bored.
    Not arguing there... Personally, I would rather put 150k into a boat.

It would be interesting to turn an oil platform into a resort or hotel... A sea sanctuary with a marina.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Yes, the prototype is certainly small. We built it more to prove the concept than for ultimate luxury.

The next 20 production versions will have much more space and be twice as deep.

If you're in the market for a house and don't care about sovereignty then it's definitely not for you. You can find a bigger house in a nice home owners association with some beautifully manicured lawns and neighbors that watch out for you and everything you do to ensure you comply.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Yes, the prototype is certainly small. We built it more to prove the concept than for ultimate luxury.

If you're in the market for a house and don't care about sovereignty then it's definitely not for you. You can find a bigger house in a nice home owners association with some beautifully manicured lawns and neighbors that watch out for you and everything you do to ensure you comply.
    I think it is just a matter of time before any and all governments claim domain over your paradise Seastead.

Last edited by Elwar; 03-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get pretty tired of just fish all the time.
    They will also be growing edible seaweed.

They can also trade fish and seaweed for other types of food.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

A person could buy a nice boat with more space and more flexibility for the same $150,000 and not be tied down to one place.

No issues with sewage or fresh potable water? Gonna suck in the bad windy weather.

Get pretty tired of just fish all the time. Not much to do there either.
    Except they said they were "....going to visit the many islands around us."

I would be so bored.
    I've always maintained that people who cry about boredom are boring. There's million things to do in this world

If you have land, you can get a bigger micro house for half the cost of that place.
    And that the beauty of freedom. The different strokes for folks is not impeded.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-04-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Anybody else notice that ZippyJuan often gives disingenuous or downright dishonest answers on RPF? It's obvious to me that this is a tradeoff lifestyle. The thread, so far, has seen genuine differences of opinion. I'm sure Zip knows that, but he really is not interested in having a genuine conversation. His entire goal in this thread is to be the wet blanket. That is one of his purposes here. Just see my sig line and the word "Deflate."

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post

I think this is a very good point. Pioneers are people who relish the rudimentary. They're not tried & true types.

Imagine if Henry Ford said of his first auto:

This car really sucks!

I get wet in the rain!

A broken windshield would splatter my face!

Ah, the $#@!er won't start again!

If I want girls, then I need an enclosed horse-drawn carriage!

Oh, the hell with it!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-04-2019 at 02:20 PM.

We have our second video out about raising the seastead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c83TiSJ6sfA

Here's the first in case you missed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXhgcXA1pM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47974234

US man could face death penalty over Thailand 'sea home'

A US man and his partner could face the death penalty after they were accused of building a "sea home" off Thailand.

Chad Elwartowski has gone into hiding with his girlfriend, Supranee Thepdet, after the navy said they had threatened the country's sovereignty.

Their home, which sits atop a 20m (65ft) platform, is located around 12 miles (19km) off the coast of Phuket.

But Mr Elwartowski insists it is 13 miles from the shore and therefore outside of Thailand's jurisdiction.

"The navy and its team... found a concrete tank floating on the sea but there was no-one on it," police colonel Nikorn Somsuk told AFP news agency.

He added that the navy would meet local officials "to consider what to do next". The navy said the couple had failed to seek permission from Thailand before constructing the home.

If the couple are found guilty of violating Thailand's sovereignty they could face life in prison and even the death penalty.

The Thai navy says the couple did not seek permission for the structure

What did the couple do?
    Mr Elwartowski reportedly worked as a software engineer for the US military before becoming an investor in the virtual currency Bitcoin.

The couple belong to the so-called "seasteading" movement, which promotes the construction of homes in international waters so that they are not subject to any country's laws.

They are also part of Ocean Builders, a group of entrepreneurs who work to fund such homes.

In a video posted in February, Mr Elwartowski said the community was a place where "freedom-loving people can all gather together and actually be free".

The disputed structure was built that month, but was only discovered by the authorities this week.

A statement published on the Ocean Builders website says the couple did not build the home themselves and were in fact just tenants.

"They spent a few weeks on the seastead and documented their adventure," it said. "They were in no way involved in the design."

Mr Elwartowski told AFP that the couple were now hiding "in a fairly safe place".

How common is this?
    The number of homes built in international waters is unclear, but there are several examples of so-called micronations that have been constructed for similar reasons.

Micronations are self-declared states not recognised by governments - one of the most famous, Sealand, is based on an offshore platform in the North Sea. It boasts its own flag, currency and even a football team.

Several unofficial and unrecognised micronations have also emerged in Australia.

These include Hutt River Province, a private estate 500km north of Perth, which announced it was seceding in 1970 in a row over wheat quotas. It also has its own flag and currency - the Hutt River Dollar.

And the micronation of Akhzivland in the north of Israel had a population of just two for nearly half a century.

That was until its founder and president, Eli Avivi, died last year aged 88.
    Hope everyone is safe.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-19-2019 at 01:04 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://coinspice.io/news/seasteader...es-legal-help/

Seasteaders Bitcoin Girl Thailand and Chad Elwartowski Plead for Lives

“*PLEASE SHARE THIS POST OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT*” came the plea from Elwartowski a day ago. “Nadia and I did not design, construct or pay to have the seastead constructed,” he was careful to distinguish in his post. Nadia is Nadia Supranee Thepdet or Bitcoin Girl Thailand, and she’s reasonably well known in both crypto circles and seasteading for her marketing prowess. She’s also Elwartowski’s girlfriend.

As CoinSpice documented, the two are now formally accused of violating Thailand sovereignty by the country’s military, if local reporting is to be believed. However, the seasteaders are denying what seem to be criminal complaint’s crux. “We promoted it and lived on it. We helped out by giving the builder updates and we participated in the launch. We did not decide where to put the seastead. We are enthusiastic supporters of the project who were lucky enough to be the first ones to stay on it,” Elwartowski stressed.

In early March, the two launched what is thought to be the first successful iteration of the seasteading concept, essentially carving out a spot within international waters and claiming a slice of relative freedom. Their initial struggle to get the project up and running was turned into a YouTube series full of hope and optimism. There was even talk of expanding the concept and selling similar plots to build a small community off the coast of Phuket. All of it appears to be on hold or worse.

Hunting Us Down to Our Death is Just Plain Stupid

“Hunting us down to our death is just plain stupid,” Elwartowski explained, “and highlights exactly the reason someone would be willing to go out in middle of the ocean to get away from governments. We never had any ill intentions and I even state plainly several times that I would not want to be a citizen of any seastead nation that would have me. We were hoping to bring tourism to Phuket with an underwater restaurant, floating hotels and medical research, tech jobs, etc. We had 3 wealthy entrepreneurs in the past week tell us they were coming to live in Phuket because they were excited about the project. We love Thailand.”

He then called for formal legal help from anyone who could assist, including speaking with military leaders in the country. “I need to be able to go to the US embassy in Bangkok or some place near Phuket to get me out of the country,” he urged. “I need ideas for helping Nadia, a Thai citizen. She needs an embassy in Bangkok where she can seek asylum.

Nadia is just my girlfriend. She played no role in planning anything with the seastead. She just took video and stayed on the seastead with me.”

CoinSpice reached out the couple, asking about their current status. “Still alive,” came the terse response early morning 16 April 2019. There are conflicting reports about whether the seastead itself has been overtaken and sunk by the military. “Whether it is still there or not does not matter much to me. I’m more concerned about Nadia being driven from her home country and her family. Her son is worried. I hope they can be reunited someday soon,” Elwartowski lamented. “We just wanted to be free. If just for one day.”

“Hunting us down to our death is just plain stupid,” Elwartowski explained, “and highlights exactly the reason someone would be willing to go out in middle of the ocean to get away from governments.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think it is just a matter of time before any and all governments claim domain over your paradise Seastead.
    ^^This^^

Made the news on One America Network. Stay safe out there!

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't think it would matter if he was 15 miles off shore. Who does he have to answer to? Whoever arrests him and makes claim xyz...

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-19-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.