Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two things about the acquittal of Ammon Bundy and his armed followers should scare all America

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Psshht! Of course not!

Obviously, the jury acquitted because they were right-wing extremist anti-government terrorists ...
    hey, a peer is a peer.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    jury nullification of the Regime? EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Jury nullification don't scare me. Thump winning does.
    Trump winning is the one thing which might save Middle America.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Every election is the most important election ever.
    Stop believing stupid things

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Dont get your hopes too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Interesting... I received positive rep from both Anti and HVAC on the same post. Does this mean I'm living in the matrix??
    AF is just trying to cover his panty azz.

and hope that no one notices... that he agreed..
    the CONstitution WAS a "bill of rights".
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Well I for one will be happy after election day so we can quit all these squabbles about Trump. After Billary takes over Trump will just be another footnote in history...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, that.

These government bootlickers think things like this happen in a vacuum, as if a bunch of guys woke up one morning and just randomly decided to stand off the feds because they were looking for kicks.

For all my anger at BLM, the same thing applies to them.
    so why just now, if not randomly one day?

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post

NO.
    It was not.

and you may enjoy pushing buttons,,, but it is clear the constitution is flawed.

or we would not have the contest presently in progress.
    and the contests that should be,,, would have been several over the years.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-02-2016 at 01:06 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    NO.
    It was not.

and you may enjoy pushing buttons,,, but it is clear the constitution is flawed.

and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity
    it should be noted friend. that this statement is in reference to the 1787 version. (the one AF despises)
    the reason that this is notable. is that it was a full three years. before the "Bill of Rights" was tacked on....

the CONstitution that we have today... in 2016. is in fact. the original 1787 version.

recognizing, that posterity should be granted an "Amendment" process....

they introduced the first 10 examples. as guidelines, for amending the original document.

(and then we $#@!ed it up from there)
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Well I for one will be happy after election day so we can quit all these squabbles about Trump. After Billary takes over Trump will just be another footnote in history...
    hell, I am already happy.
    everything is right out there on the table... for all the connoisseurs to peruse and sample at their leisure.

our media is controlled. we are behind the "iron curtain". collusion is rampant at the high levels.
    this is now readily apparent to all.

how cool is that!

we got the ball rolling... Trump picked it up... and put it on a "T".
    we can get all "intellectual" that we want to.
    this is T-ball for the sheeple. LOL!

I dont get it, why exactly am I supposed to be afraid of Jury Nullification? Author of the article is another $#@!ing ass hat Fearmonger who continues to push the same message forward: "You need us to tell you how to live". Soon will come the day when people figure out that not only do we NOT need them, but we are far better off when we are free to make our own decisions.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I dont get it, why exactly am I supposed to be afraid of Jury Nullification? Author of the article is another $#@!ing ass hat Fearmonger who continues to push the same message forward: "You need us to tell you how to live". Soon will come the day when people figure out that not only do we NOT need them, but we are far better off when we are free to make our own decisions.
    not to get all Religious on you... but Jesus himself would approve of this message...

this was contained in a parable... concerning free will and personal responsibility....
    if I am not mistaken...

it goes something like, if you have the ability to understand something... you have a duty to share?
    or, you are not worthy of "free will"?

not to get all Religious on you... but Jesus himself would approve of this message...

this was contained in a parable... concerning free will and personal responsibility....
    if I am not mistaken...

it goes something like, if you have the ability to understand something... you have a duty to share?
    In order to defeat a truly honest market, people need to be denied their ability to both think and act as Free Men do. Once those men are taught to be obedient to whatever system governs their minds and bodies, they will willingly turn against any who oppose the will of the Empire, in what ever form it may take.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    NO.
    It was not.

I will agree that the Constitution does have some flaws. So does the Bible and every State Constitution and the Magna Carta and every special piece of paper on the planet.

The trouble is that we should not be behaving in a way that is not ruled by words on these papers. The truly Free Men would not care if some doctrine had a few issues as long as they choose to be responsible for their own behavior in how they treat others. A typo here or a misinterpretation there is not an authorization to behave immorally in the things that were not covered.

(I should have just edited my last post instead of doubling, my bad)
    1776 > 1984

I will agree that the Constitution does have some flaws. So does the Bible and every State Constitution and the Magna Carta and every special piece of paper on the planet.

The trouble is that we should not be behaving in a way that is not ruled by words on these papers. The truly Free Men would not care if some doctrine had a few issues as long as they choose to be responsible for their own behavior in how they treat others. A typo here or a misinterpretation there is not an authorization to behave immorally in the things that were not covered.

(I should have just edited my last post instead of doubling, my bad)
    I approve of this message.
    (and I am out of rep)

AMEN.
    There is no spoon.

Two things about the acquittal of Ammon Bundy and his armed followers should scare all Americans

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/o...icle-1.2848280

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, October 28, 2016, 5:00 AM

So it turns out that — if you get the right jury, anyway — you can occupy a federal wildlife refuge for nearly six weeks, can have multiple weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition in your possession, and can use those weapons and ammunition to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs.

There are at least two things about the verdict in the Malheur Wildlife Refuge trial that ought to frighten any American — including those jurors who issued the acquittal.

The first is that it was a clear case of jury nullification. The jury plainly failed to enact their Constitutional duty to apply the law rather than their opinions, and speaking as a professor of politics and government as well as a citizen of the United States, that's scary.

(Show me where it says that in the CONstitution. - AF)

If juries follow their opinions and not the law, then we don't have the rule of law anymore.

We have a series of ad hoc popularity contests. That's bad.

But beyond the Constitutional problem, we are living in a politically frightening moment. We have a presidential candidate who has said that he might not accept the results of an election (but only if he loses).

A former U.S. Congressman, Joe Walsh, has recently insisted that if Donald Trump loses the presidential election, he'll break out his musket to, he no doubt fantasizes, fight off the coming hordes of Hillary Clinton re-education camp guards.

Trump supporters are threatening to target "certain" precincts in cities like Philadelphia. And violence and threats of violence have been a regular feature of Trump rallies.

Beyond the headlines, we are seeing a resurgence of the violence that was once endemic across the American West.

The 1970s saw the Sagebrush Rebellion as states across the west fought to reduce the federal presence in their areas.

The 1990s saw the rise of the militia movement, some of whose members and sympathizers shot at and otherwise made it difficult for federal agents to patrol the properties they oversaw.

The ‘90s also saw the emergence of the sovereign citizens' movement, a group that claimed that some Americans — basically white men — had the right to reject federal laws they found offensive or repressive.

More recently, the Constitutional Sheriffs movement currently insists that county sheriffs are the primary legal agents of their community, and are not subject to federal or other restrictions on their powers.

And now, a jury has decided that because its members don't like the federal government's presence in their lives, it is acceptable for a group of regular people to occupy a federal property, intimidate federal employees and abuse the local environment all at the same time.

It has decided that because its members do not like the federal government, the politics of personal outrage matter more than the rule of law.

Such emotional outbursts always feel good. But it is also true that those who sow chaos usually reap the whirlwind. The jury just sowed chaos. We will see what we reap.
    I agree the Bundys were very very lucky.

But the Bundys are 1000% correct. Fedgov has NO AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER TO OWN THOSE LANDS.

NONE.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Probably the same jury that acquitted Timothy McVeigh.
    And the surviving Branch Davidians.

If the CONstitution was Bill of Rights, then why do we have a tyrannical President/King?

And you never did answer the question: where does it say a jury must apply the law and not their "opinions"?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

if I am not mistaken...

Maybe you meant:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

A much more powerful and freedom oriented document than the counter revolutionary CONstitution.

if I am not mistaken...

Maybe you meant:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

A much more powerful and freedom oriented document than the counter revolutionary CONstitution.

Maybe you meant:

this thread has to do with Ammon Bundy and laVoy Finicum.
    (apologies to the OP)

As a Christian, I will forgive you.
    for not understanding that the Mormons have 4 books.
    (while you struggle with understanding. one, not very thick book)

according to the Mormon books. the US constitution was ordained by God.

is THAT why you hate on Mormons?

The $#@! are you talking about?

When have I said anything one way or the other about Mormons?

this thread has to do with Ammon Bundy and laVoy Finicum.
    (apologies to the OP)

As a Christian, I will forgive you.
    for not understanding that the Mormons have 4 books.
    (while you struggle with understanding. one, not very thick book)

according to the Mormon books. the US constitution was ordained by God.

is THAT why you hate on Mormons?

What scares me is the blatant criminality by the BLM that lead to this standoff in the first place, the jury did the right thing in this case.

if I am not mistaken...

That doesn't resemble any parables I can think of. Jesus never even mentioned free will.

Yes it is.

I will stand down, since nobody should have suffer dead squirrel duct stank.
    interesting... how does @otherone know it is a squirrel?

just how large are the voids in her ductwork? does she have a missing cat?
    would she notice if she did?

what if it is a pigeon? has she been checked for Histoplasmosis?
    if she only notices this odor while taking a squat. I recommend a douche.

before calling a duct cleaning service.
    Last edited by HVACTech; 11-05-2016 at 06:08 PM.

before calling a duct cleaning service.
    Did anyone ever tell you that you are a classy guy? Besides, perhaps, your mother?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I KNEW you were the one to talk to! Thanks!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The $#@! are you talking about?

When have I said anything one way or the other about Mormons?
    Please try to stay on topic and not hijack the OP's thread.

Mormons are taught to respect the US CONstitution. it is a part of their faith.
    these fine people... actually took a stand. against Federal overreach.

while you sat back, on your azz, trying to figure out what a "Federation" is.
    clearly, your ignorance. concerning people of faith is vast.

Mormons or Latter-day Saints, believe that God has given all humans the gift of moral agency. Moral agency includes free will and agency.

that you advocate "free will" is well known.
    what about "Agency" Sir?

are you bright enough, to discuss this subject.. with a Mormon?

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
    Main article: Agency (LDS Church)

Mormons or Latter-day Saints, believe that God has given all humans the gift of moral agency. Moral agency includes free will and agency. Proper exercise of unfettered choice leads to the ultimate goal of returning to God's presence. Having the choice to do right or wrong was important, because God wants a society of a certain type—those that comply with eternal laws. Before this Earth was created, this dispute over agency rose to the level that there was a "war in heaven." Lucifer (who favored no agency) and his followers were cast out of heaven for rebelling against God's will. Many Mormon leaders have also taught that the battle in Heaven over agency is now being carried out on earth[citation needed], where dictators, influenced by Satan, fight against freedom (or free agency) in governments contrary to the will of God.

Mormons also believe in a limited form of foreordination — not in deterministic, unalterable decrees, but rather in callings from God for individuals to perform specific missions in mortality. Those who are foreordained can reject the foreordination, either outright or by transgressing the laws of God and becoming unworthy to fulfill the call.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will_in_theology

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast