Thread: Trump legalizing weed?

Trump legalizing weed?

From a libertarian perspective, what is the right solution? Legalize via amendment or revoke Schedule I and leave it up to the states?

Why did Trump have to wait two years? Does he think he needs more Republicans to pull it off?

Could this be part of a broader FU to the UN, given Schedule I is their baby?

My personal view...give states the choice, but natural law comes before state interference, and smoking weed is your natural right, so legalize the hell out of it. My only problem with this is another amendment, another law, to clarify what is already ours. Perhaps in the long run it might be better to let states deal with it so we won't have to add to the Constitution.

I'm also worried about the "trap door," as Kanye would say, that a new law would bring. Though it's hard to imagine it being worse than what we have now.

I think regardless of how Trump goes about it, expunging all non-violent offenses and releasing all non-violent offenders would shield him from any complaints, and it would be one of the finer moments in US history.
    Last edited by kona; 10-16-2018 at 10:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    From a libertarian perspective, what is the right solution? Legalize via amendment or revoke Schedule I and leave it up to the states?
    I think this could be a big factor in the 2018 election if the democrats were going to run against Trumps administration (Jeff sessions). He could be cutting the democrats off at the knees. The right option is to get the states out of it completely. Right now states like Nevada make it illegal to own a gun if you have a medical license. I think that this is how they planned on attacking guns rights, maybe they are even going to make it national...

Rand Paul has been playing golf with DJT.
    Jeff Sessions thinks REEFER MADNESS is
    real. Trump does not give a rat's derrière.

Timing will be right... in a non-swampy way.

Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel makes a big midterm splash with $250,000 donation to Trump fund
    Brian Schwartz
    Published Mon, 15 Oct 2018
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/sili...und.htmlNYPOST

Peter Thiel's pot company Tilray is now worth more than CBS
    Sep 19, 2018 - It was an amazing high, but the comedown was brutal. Shares of Peter Thiel-backed marijuana grower Tilray soared as much as 94 percent on ...

Why not? Canada just did. Nation wide.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Un-schedule already... the genie is out of the bottle.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think this could be a big factor in the 2018 election if the democrats were going to run against Trumps administration (Jeff sessions). He could be cutting the democrats off at the knees. The right option is to get the states out of it completely. Right now states like Nevada make it illegal to own a gun if you have a medical license. I think that this is how they planned on attacking guns rights, maybe they are even going to make it national...
    this is EXACTLY the plan
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Decriminalize weed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    So, legalize weed to make GUNS ILLEGAL? Is that their plan? Do they really think that people who smoke pot are going to be more inclined to shoot people? Or, as usual, an EXCUSE to attack gun rights?

For the record, Hawaii is also on that Pot = NO Guns list...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    So, legalize weed to make GUNS ILLEGAL? Is that their plan? Do they really think that people who smoke pot are going to be more inclined to shoot people? Or, as usual, an EXCUSE to attack gun rights?

For the record, Hawaii is also on that Pot = NO Guns list...

Under federal law anyone who is "an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance" is a "prohibited person," ie cannot purchase or possess a firearm. Marijuana is a "controlled substance" under federal law. It's Schedule I, illegal to possess or use under almost any circumstances. Therefore, even if you lawfully use pot under state law, you are a "prohibited person" under federal law and forbidden to own or buy a firearm. To even attempt to do so is a felony.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul