Thread: Poe Leaves House Freedom Caucus After Health Plan Defeat

Poe Leaves House Freedom Caucus After Health Plan Defeat

Rep. Ted Poe announced Sunday he has resigned from the conservative House Freedom Caucus over its opposition to the Republican health care plan, becoming the group's first public casualty in the fall-out over its role in defeating the bill.

"In order to deliver on the conservative agenda we have promised the American people for eight years, we must come together to find solutions to move this country forward," the Texas Republican said in a statement. "Saying no is easy, leading is hard, but that is what we were elected to do. Leaving this caucus will allow me to be a more effective member of Congress and advocate for the people of Texas. It is time to lead."
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/26/p...cus/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poe was probably just an informer.

His cover is blown.

He is free to openly date Lindsey now.

This movie clip should be played for every member of the freedom caucus. I cannot for the life of me understand why everybody is treating this small failure like it is the end of the world. Retool, regroup and reintroduce a revised bill and keep doing it until you succeed.

"Saying no is easy,
    Apparently not for some.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This movie clip should be played for every member of the freedom caucus. I cannot for the life of me understand why everybody is treating this small failure like it is the end of the world.
    What small failure? Trumpcare losing was a major victory for the Freedom Caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What small failure? Trumpcare losing was a major victory for the Freedom Caucus.
    They did not pass a single payer?

Poe appears to advocate for the type of "bipartisanship" that Ron Paul feels we have had far too much of.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Poe appears to advocate for the type of "bipartisanship" that Ron Paul feels we have had far too much of.
    "Victory" at any cost.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not everyone in the HFC wanted to oppose, so I believe the group voted and the majority for oppose won. Not surprising someone would leave, just one less non-conservative to have to worry about.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Saying no is easy,
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Apparently not for some.
    Yeah that stuck out like a sore thumb. Saying "yes" is what is easy for the D.C. whores.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't know why he was in it to begin with. He used to be a judge.

Good, this will help them stand more united. Can Rand join?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Good, this will help them stand more united. Can Rand join?
    Good trade for the GOP Revolt Caucus -
    Poe for Frelinghuysen, Dent, Herrera-Beutler and future considerations - spring training will be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    "Victory" at any cost.
    @TheCount, I'm not sure what "victory" or "cost" are you talking about. Poe wanting "victory" at the cost of compromise, or the Freedom Caucus wanting "victory" at the cost of alienating marginal allies like Poe?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    @TheCount, I'm not sure what "victory" or "cost" are you talking about. Poe wanting "victory" at the cost of compromise, or the Freedom Caucus wanting "victory" at the cost of alienating marginal allies like Poe?
    Providing a "victory" to the party and Trump of doing a thing that they said they would do (health care) at the "cost" of principles. Kind of a 'we will pass this bill no matter how terrible it is because we said we would' sort of thing.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Providing a "victory" to the party and Trump of doing a thing that they said they would do (health care) at the "cost" of principles. Kind of a 'we will pass this bill no matter how terrible it is because we said we would' sort of thing.
    Okay. Thanks for clearing that up! Here's the sad part. The quickest way to "victory" would have been to vote on Rand's bill. If there are "moderates" who won't vote for a real repeal then they should be made to expose themselves.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I don't know why he was in it to begin with. He used to be a judge.
    Bragging rights. So he could say he's in the conservative caucus. Not worth it when there's heat from POTUS involved apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up! Here's the sad part. The quickest way to "victory" would have been to vote on Rand's bill. If there are "moderates" who won't vote for a real repeal then they should be made to expose themselves.
    That's why they didn't do it. Everyone would have had to vote yes, and then they wouldn't have been able to gather the votes to implement a replacement. They would have ended up with a clean repeal, which is very clearly not what they want.

Instead, they tried to force a $#@!ty bill through and then 'fix' it later.

Likewise, rather than fixing the $#@!ty bill, they are now hoping that Obamacare will collapse to such a degree that representatives will not have any alternative but to vote for their $#@!ty bill.
    Last edited by TheCount; 03-27-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Pinochet is the model

I was hoping for a vote on Rand's (same as in 2015) bill as well. Maybe that is why Ryan put this bill out instead, in order to make the Freedom caucus seem like the obstructionists. He is a slimy one.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

"In order to deliver on the conservative agenda we have promised the American people for eight years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.