Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No warm eulogy for Cruz, he is responsible for us getting Trump

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Everyone thought Trump would be exposed as a phony and run out of the race. Rand wanted to jump out front and be the one who got it started, because everyone else was afraid of him. I think it was Doug Stafford who told Rand not to do it, but he did anyway. I don't fault him for taking that risk, no one wins in a field of 17 without taking some kind of risk.
    You are 100% correct and I don't fault Rand for taking the risk. However he came out on the bottom. I do remember watching that debate thinking Trump was going to implode... it never happened.... There was no other candidate, not just Rand, who could have gotten away with that crap.

It only showed how fed up the base was. Ha, actually I believe the GOP debates were nothing more than a Jerry Springer show. Circuses to entertain the public, while Rome burns...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    There was no other candidate, not just Rand, who could have gotten away with that crap.
    Precisely.

I don't buy the idea that Trump is some political genius who single handily defeated the media and the political machine with his amazing knowledge and skills. What actually happened is that he was allowed to play the game but with a completely different set of rules than anyone ever has been allowed to play with in the history of recent politics.

What's more likely is that Trump, knowing he isn't actually all that wealthy and that his wealth depended entirely on his branding, decided to run for President to increase his brand. Not being serious and not actually wanting to be president, he was comfortable not actually knowing anything about anything, lying, and generally saying whatever the hell he wanted at any given point in time. He stumbled his way through this process and was propped up by institutions which never would have allowed this to happen with any other candidate.

I do sincerely believe that Trump is astounded that he has made it this far and never originally wanted to actually be president, which is the scariest thing of all.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Not being serious and not actually wanting to be president, he was comfortable not actually knowing anything about anything, lying, and generally saying whatever the hell he wanted at any given point in time. He stumbled his way through this process and was propped up by institutions which never would have allowed this to happen with any other candidate.
    Chance from "Being There."

Thomas: It's that gardener.
    Johanna: Yes, Chauncey Gardiner.
    Thomas: No, he's a real gardener.
    Johanna: He does talk like one. I think he's brilliant.

Precisely.

I don't buy the idea that Trump is some political genius who single handily defeated the media and the political machine with his amazing knowledge and skills. What actually happened is that he was allowed to play the game but with a completely different set of rules than anyone ever has been allowed to play with in the history of recent politics.

What's more likely is that Trump, knowing he isn't actually all that wealthy and that his wealth depended entirely on his branding, decided to run for President to increase his brand. Not being serious and not actually wanting to be president, he was comfortable not actually knowing anything about anything, lying, and generally saying whatever the hell he wanted at any given point in time. He stumbled his way through this process and was propped up by institutions which never would have allowed this to happen with any other candidate.

I do sincerely believe that Trump is astounded that he has made it this far and never originally wanted to actually be president, which is the scariest thing of all.
    Confirmed. And that's why he will never be elected POTUS, but he's taking a whole lot of people for a ride. In 2020 the GOP will make sure only Romneys and Bushes run for POTUS.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    First question: Yeah, I'd say so.

Second question: For the first time since HW Bush I plan on voting for the R. nominee (i.e. Trump). In the past I've voted for such candidates as Howard Phillips, Pat Buchanan, Michael Peroutka, and most recently four years ago Randall Terry. I see the country on the precipice so I'm willing this time to "vote for the lesser of two..." I do like Trump's stand on immigration, Common Core and how unfazed he seems with onslaught of criticism whether it be the media or fellow Republicans who practically tried to boo him off the stage in the S.C. debate.
    But don't count on me to donate or canvas like I did for Ron and Rand (in his Senate campaign) in the past.
    Last edited by samforpaul; 05-05-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Trump has no idea what Common Core is, he just knows he can get people to cheer if he says he is gonna get rid of it

Last edited by CPUd; 05-05-2016 at 04:41 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

and after this exchange I knew I could never support him.
    Seems rather odd you'd be so obsessed when Rand attacked him first.

Precisely.

A lot of people have come to the same conclusion.

Rand and probably several other candidates knew, but they chose not to go down the incredibly stupid path of losing the general election to win the primary.
    Because 50 year old white women dont vote. Only gazillion young hispanics can vote in swing states in November apparently.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by samforpaul View Post
    I see the country on the precipice so I'm willing this time to "vote for the lesser of two..."
    I would say that you're helping to push it over. But honestly, you're vote will not be the deciding one.

I do like Trump's stand on immigration, Common Core and how unfazed he seems with onslaught of criticism whether it be the media or fellow Republicans who practically tried to boo him off the stage in the S.C. debate.
    Okay, so you're for amnesty. You'll get that with trump's deport and swift return program. He's your man.

As a homeschool dad myself, I agree that Common Core is lousy. But trump can't do anything about it unless he magically becomes the governor of every state that decided to adopt Common Core. Of course, the words "tenth amendment" have never left trump's mouth in any public forum to this date.

But don't count on me to donate or canvas like I did for Ron and Rand (in his Senate campaign) in the past.
    Posting pro-trump on this forum is functionally identical to canvasing. That's much more significant than whether you vote for him or not.

I agree. Without Cruz, Rand would have been 2nd place and probably would have stayed in until the end and tried to contest the nomination.

Of course, Rand was also pandering to groups that didnt matter in terms of getting votes *youth and a small percentage of voters (minorities)*. Instead of talking in general to people, he did a bit of pandering. Pandered to wrong people imo.

Going on offensive against Trump at a few debates was a critical error too XD..

Ah well, maybe 2020 :3

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123