Thread: Quotes from interview with Steve Deace

Quotes from interview with Steve Deace

She has went from an apparent ally in Congress a few years ago meeting with Dr. Paul in groups and such to an all out liar against Ron Paul in this Presidential race.

Some of the interesting quotes (and lies) from the interview last night with Steve Deace.

People really appreciated what happened in the last debate in Sioux City. They appreciated the way I took on Ron Paul in the debate. They were upset with what they heard from Ron Paul. They didn't like the idea that he was just fine with Iran gaining a nuclear weapon and he wouldn't do anything about that. They appreciate the fact that I took him on and called him "dangerous" and made the case for him and that is what I will do to the Republican nominee as I face Barack Obama.
    I've actually been shocked the number of college students coming out for me. Usually that isn't a profile that comes out for Republicans but its really different...(Gives an example story)...It seems like the under 30 crowd - they split between either Ron Paul or myself. And one thing I've heard from kids "Well I know Ron Paul was really strong on economics and I like what you had to say about Christian issues, but after I saw the debate I saw how dangerous Ron Paul would be for our Country, so I'm going to vote for you." And we heard that with a lot of people - senior citizens and adults too. We heard it from a lot of people they really like Ron Paul on economics but this is a bridge too far because they saw that Israel would be hurt if Ron Paul was President and our Nation, quite frankly, would be hurt because if a nuclear bomb went off in the United States, Ron Paul wouldn't act until after the nuclear bomb hits the United States. My intent as Commander in Chief will be to ensure nothing like that ever happens, I want to prevent it from happening.
    I believe you are going to see a broad cross range of people that are coming out. Senior Citizens are motivated. A lot of senior citizens tend to go Democrat. They are going Republican. I have a lot of Democrats and Independents that are going to be caucusing for me this year because they do not like Obama. They voted for him last time. They see that I'm a real person, that I'm genuine. And I don't play political games and that is what they want. I'm an Iowan. They want someone to speak their voice and that's what I'll do.
    About Ron Paul's comment on Jay Leno:
    It is bizarre and outrageous. I don't hate Muslims. I love the American people and I love Americans. And the real hater in all of this is the President of Iran. Who wants to obtain a nuclear weapon specifically so he can wipe Israel off the map and kill millions of Jews. And also use that Nuclear weapon to wipe out the United States of America. That's the haters. The head of Iran and also the Mullah's in Iran. And I just want to say too. If you look at the Iranian Constitution I have a quote in front of me from it. It says The army and the Revolutionary Guard "will be responsible for fulfilling the ideological mission of jihad in God's way. That is extending the sovereignty of God's law throughout the World". In other words, the mission in the Constitution of Iran is to have worldwide Jihad and establish Sharia Law. They are serious about this. We shouldn't think they are kidding. They mean it. So the way they are going to do it is to use nuclear weaponry to take us out. And for us to close our eyes and somehow think that this is wrong is to take political correctness to an extreme. Ron Paul would be the most dangerous President of the United States that we could have. I am unwilling to wear politically correct glasses when it comes to Iran. I am only as Commander in Chief looking at the safety, security, and sovereignty of the United States people.
    Regarding the IAEA Report and the Politifact report:

Well don't take my word for it. Look at the IAEA report that was issued at the beginning of November. They are no right wing think tank they are the overseers of nuclear weaponry programs. And in that report which people can look at and read for themselves on line it is very clear they are worried and very nervous about Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon. I think it is important that we err on the side of taking this report seriously. Ron Paul at first said in the course of his remarks that there was no evidence. Then he backtracked and said what was in the IAEA report was wrong. He can't have it both ways because agencies says they have very serious concerns regarding the possible military dimension of Iran's nuclear program and they believe they have credible evidence they are developing a nuclear explosive device. This is very serious and we have to consider that because it could come very soon. No one knows for sure when it will come online, but it is better to err on the side of caution and presume they can get access to it quickly because if we are wrong on that calculation and stick our heads in the sand we can see world history change before out eyes.
    Steve Deace asks What do we do about Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon?

Michele Bachmann says:
    What do we do? What I would do about that is I would put every option on the table. Every option. And make sure they never ever ever obtain that weapon. So what I would do is, uh. Make available to Israel the ability to be able to defend herself. Um. I would be willing to sell them the refueling tankers they need, the jet aircraft they need. We would have the ability to move Patriot Ballistic Missiles and Egypt's ballistic missiles in the Gulf Region. We could have a blockade of the ports. Today we have no meaningful economic sanctions on Iran. As President I would need to work with our allies to make sure we have those meaningful sanctions....(Later in the same question) We need to have a war plan established at the Pentagon. Only a fool wants war, but the best way to prevent war is to be prepared for one. And we need to make sure Iran's central bank doesn't have the economic wherewithal to be able to continue to function. Iran obtains its money through oil and through the sale of oil. And if we can enlist allies to boycott those oil sales or boycott refined shipments of oil going into Iran we will go a long way to stopping that process.
    There is more, but I'm sick of listening and trying to transcribe myself! Listen to more here (hour 3) if you are bored: h xxp://stevedeace.com/news/national-politics/deace-show-podcast-12-19-11/
    Last edited by ord33; 12-20-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I listened to parts of the interview. You know, after Tom Woods solicited his endorsement I went to check this guy out. At first I kinda liked him, but now that he constantly bashed RP I see that there's no point in continuing to care about him.

No Democrat would ever vote/caucus for Bachman. That's just not going to happen. This woman is seriously deluded if she really believes that.

Quote Originally Posted by jsem View Post
    I listened to parts of the interview. You know, after Tom Woods solicited his endorsement I went to check this guy out. At first I kinda liked him, but now that he constantly bashed RP I see that there's no point in continuing to care about him.
    I've taken a look at his website, and I think he seems like a pretty sincere guy. He has had a lot of positive material about Ron on his site, and has allowed his viewers to write good stories about him. However, it is kind of strange that he has only started coming after Ron in the past week. I don't want to just lightly throw around accusations, and wrongly take shots at Deace, a guy I nothing about, or his integrity, but I have to wonder if someone told him to attack? It just seems odd that he was posting mostly positive articles up until about a week ago, and that now It's all negative with the positive stuff disappearing. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    No Democrat would ever vote/caucus for Bachman. That's just not going to happen. This woman is seriously deluded if she really believes that.
    She's simply stealing Ron's talking points, lock, stock and barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann
    If you look at the Iranian Constitution I have a quote in front of me from it. It says The army and the Revolutionary Guard "will be responsible for fulfilling the ideological mission of jihad in God's way. That is extending the sovereignty of God's law throughout the World".
    Tell me, Michele ... if you're so keen on reading the Iranian constitution as an indication of Iran's purposes & intent, then why shouldn't we consider this part of it, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Islamic Republic of Iran
    Section X Article 152 of the Iranian constitution:

The foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran is based upon the rejection of all forms of domination, both the exertion of it and submission to it, the preservation of the independence of the country in all respects and its territorial integrity, the defence of the rights of all Muslims, non-alignment with respect to the hegemonic superpowers, and the maintenance of mutually peaceful relations with all non-belligerent States.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann
    Only a fool wants war.
    The only fool bigger than the fool who wants war is the fool who mongers for war without actually wanting it.
    So, Michele ... which kind of fool are you?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by gmc1988 View Post
    I've taken a look at his website, and I think he seems like a pretty sincere guy. He has had a lot of positive material about Ron on his site, and has allowed his viewers to write good stories about him. However, it is kind of strange that he has only started coming after Ron in the past week. I don't want to just lightly throw around accusations, and wrongly take shots at Deace, a guy I nothing about, or his integrity, but I have to wonder if someone told him to attack? It just seems odd that he was posting mostly positive articles up until about a week ago, and that now It's all negative with the positive stuff disappearing. Hmm.
    I think he was hurt that Ron didn't sign his pledge, thought he would, and when Ron said MB hated Muslims -- be honest. Ron doesn't do stuff like that. I know I personally was taken aback and wondered what was up, and they don't know him like we do. And I think he thought Ron would address it, but Ron went right to his granddaughter's wedding, having missed the rehearsal dinner while at Leno, and then had NH yesterday and today, and has Iowa coming up. He has been swamped and may not have been debriefed on that, with the other attacks thrown at him.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-20-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think he was hurt that Ron didn't sign his pledge, thought he would, and when Ron said MB hated Muslims -- be honest. Ron doesn't do stuff like that. I know I personally was taken aback and wondered what was up, and they don't know him like we do. And I think he thought Ron would address it, but Ron went right to his granddaughter's wedding, having missed the rehearsal dinner while at Leno, and then had NH yesterday and today, and has Iowa coming up. He has been swamped and may not have been debriefed on that, with the other attacks thrown at him.
    I agree.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Spot on. It's a shame, really.

Deace wants to run everyone's lives the way he sees fit, Ron does not.

That's the disagreement. You're being too nice and giving this nutjob too much credit, sailing.

I'm willing to bet that Ron is simply tired of dealing with the attacks from intolerant people that he wants America to get nuked. I'm glad he called Bachmann out on the carpet for her bigotry and warmongering.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 12-21-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I think it's time for Ron call her a liar. Just like this, and expose her clearly. And also expose her inconsistencies, as she voted for one stimulus. It won't cost him anything, because it would all go through the media. They are pushing these nonsensical Bachmann's attacks; they almost certainly publish his response to that. And, as they do it, Ron will look stronger and Bachmann will be finished.

She used Ron to save her own ass during reelection because she almost lost.

She stopped coming to Ron's economic meetings as soon as she won reelection. What a slap in the face. She is us a user.