Thread: School officials deeply troubled over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS

School officials deeply troubled over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS

Administrators at a school in the South Suburbs of Chicago are up in arms over a state law (House Bill 0183) that requires schools to post small signs announcing that guns cannot be carried in schools.

The new law relates to a new concealed-carry license law, reports the SouthtownStar, a suburban newspaper. Schools in Illinois did not allow guns previously. Now, though, schools — and churches, government agencies, liquor stores and certain other organizations — must post 4-by-6-inch stickers as visible reminders that guns are forbidden on premises.

Many schools in the Chicago area — and, presumably, other parts of the state — have already posted the small stickers in compliance with state law. Others expect to post them over the next couple weeks.

Some school officials aren’t happy about the stickers because they contain a very basic image of a gun.

“It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home,’” Theresa Nolan, principal of Tinley Park High School, told the SouthtownStar.

Nolan stressed that she is very concerned with “safety and security” and concerned that, somehow, someone could wrongly interpret an image of a gun emblazoned with the universal sign for prohibiting something.

“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan also fretted.

She said she would prefer “something more subtle.”

“You can’t look at this (sticker) and not think about Sandy Hook,” the principal added.

Sandy Hook is, of course, a reference to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., where 20-year-old Adam Lanza massacred 20 young children and six adults.

Randy Couwenhoven, an associate principal at Tinley Park High, agreed.

“The intent of the stickers is to inform those with a concealed-carry license that they are not allowed to bring a gun into this location,” told the local paper. “It is a reminder to this particular audience, an audience that should already know this.”

Administrators at other Chicago-area schools take a different view.

“It is not necessarily something you’d want on a school building,” said Paul Enderle, a superintendent in Oak Lawn. “But it correlates with the law, and I think if it ultimately helps to keep schools safe, that’s the objective.”
    http://news.yahoo.com/school-officia...044012095.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dear me, I believe my head just exploded...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Explanation to someone who has never seen the word gun.

*You're banning what?

It's like a, you know, a gun.

*What?

Well, it has like a long or short thing just above a thing that has things that go forward.

*What?

You're being obtuse. It's made of metal or plastic, it has the shape of the letter P sideways and it's banned.

*What?

OK, you know that cops carry tools, right?

*Yeah.

Well, one of those tools is a gun that they have near their doughnut bellies.

*Oooooh, you mean that thing that they use to kill dogs.... a GUN. Why don't you just put a picture of it on the sign?

Are you serious? That's too dangerous, people might get scared.
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Well, if the people running FEMA ever get their way and manage to massacre all of us in a giant Luciferian holocaust, then at least these people will be murdered as well. Think of it a consolation prize I suppose.

Dont be surprised.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Well, it has like a long or short thing just above a thing that has things that go forward.
    Oh, you mean a penis?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

What a bunch of pussies. Reminds me of the time I was sent to the Assistant Principal in high school for telling a kid that I was building a nuclear bomb.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

With idiots like that in charge, a rifle company, or maybe an infantry battalion could conquer Chicago. But, why would they want to?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    With idiots like that in charge, a rifle company, or maybe an infantry battalion could conquer Chicago. But, why would they want to?
    Liberation?
    -Stannis Baratheon

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Liberation?
    That would be a reason, although sometimes I wonder if such people want to be liberated, or have resigned themselves to being constantly raped and pillaged.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Explanation to someone who has never seen the word gun.

*You're banning what?

It's like a, you know, a gun.

*What?

*What?

You're being obtuse. It's made of metal or plastic, it has the shape of the letter P sideways and it's banned.

*What?

OK, you know that cops carry tools, right?

*Yeah.

Well, one of those tools is a gun that they have near their doughnut bellies.

*Oooooh, you mean that thing that they use to kill dogs.... a GUN. Why don't you just put a picture of it on the sign?

Are you serious? That's too dangerous, people might get scared.

*Lil John??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Liberation?
    I don't think those people want to be liberated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    That would be a reason, although sometimes I wonder if such people want to be liberated, or have resigned themselves to being constantly raped and pillaged.
    Resigned???

Hell, they want it, look forward to it, with a "please sir may I have another".

That's the most apt metaphor I can think of to describe the current state of the US government and its relationship to the body politic: a ball gag and dominatix' whip.

I'll go get you a towel. Oh, not that head that exploded.

---

In other news: Citizens not very deeply troubled over School Officials being deeply troubled over somebody saying something that is completely Legal.

These School Officials are off their $#@!ing rockers. There used to be this opinion that if children did not know about sex that they wouldnt have sex. Fast forward a few years and they now teach sex ed in Kindergarden. They think that applying the same Sex Ed mentality that didnt work a few years ago wil work today when applied to students. They cant even see that they are the ones that are teaching Violence to the students by way of Indoctrination and Submission to Authority. Guns have absolutely nothing to do with it.

The methods of Indoctrination arent literally per say a form of Violence, but they arent condemning those types of actions either. A student eats a pop-tart into the shape that half ass resembles a gun and they call in Real Cops to use Real Tazers and place the very young children in Real Handcuffs. Of course the child is going to learn that Violence is the appropriate way to solve problems. The very presence of Real Cops and Metal Detectors and Cameras everywhere are constant reminders of the Real Violence that supposedly threatens them every day. Turn around and put them in a classroom. Kid gets wound up because they find a subject to actually be interesting. They become wiggly butts as kids do. But since the teacher has to be in Total Control of the kids every moment they are in that teachers classroom, any outbursts, even if they are ones of happiness are punished. Maybe not with direct physical Violence, but with Verbal Abuses and Threats. Stop misbehaving or I'll send you to the Office! That is a THREAT to a child for one figure of Authority to maintain control over many students. The Cops there carry all the Tools of Violence. Guns, Clubs, Sprays, Cuffs, etc. Children learn by example, and the example here is that Violence with Cops in Schools is used to overcome problems of Violence, and Disobedience is corrected with Verbal Abuses and Threats. However, Threats have to be backed up by carrying through with the Threats. The kids are sent to the Office. They are given Detention. They are denied playground priviledges. They are taught to fear everything except the Controllers. So when it comes time for kids to handle their own problems, they will act on what they've been taught. Threaten. Abuse. Violence. These are what the Controllers use to solve problems so why shouldnt they?

There isnt a kid in the US that doesnt know what either a Gun is, or what a Threat is. The Schools will refuse to acknowledge that their methods of teaching are what cause the problems just as Banks printing up excessive money and debt are exactly what is killing the economy, but the Banks wont admit that either. No no no, the problem is all of these Liberal / Conservative / Nutjob Parents that cant raise their kids. Parents probably do contribute to the problems their kids have, but Schools need to take a good long hard look at themselves in the mirror.
    Last edited by DamianTV; 02-06-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Oh fr cryin out loud. Ban scary stickers. Ooga-Booga!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I don't think those people want to be liberated.
    People can be liberated against their will.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Resigned???

Hell, they want it, look forward to it, with a "please sir may I have another".

That's the most apt metaphor I can think of to describe the current state of the US government and its relationship to the body politic: a ball gag and dominatix' whip.
    I debated with myself about the proper word choice there. Are our fellow citizens any more or less culpable that the Germans who acquiesced in the destruction of their liberty via the Nazis, the Russians and Communists, Chinese and Communists? The first generation that allowed it to happen in each instance are certainly responsible, but the subsequent generations who never experienced real freedom, can they be chastised for not demanding what they do not know?

I once had the best job in the Army - to command an Armored Cavalry Troop (scouts and tanks). You want to talk about a force for good - just that much force applied with vigor could tip the scale.

See; Iraq.

"Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

mine exploded years ago, thats why sometimes i sound like a raving lunatic.....

I think this is pretty funny. It's a good illustration of how all this nonsense can run into problems with sustaining itself.

If you can't look at a stock photo of a gun without thinking about some kind of school massacre, then you should probably seek therapy.

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say...
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets try this again.

Kids cant look at PICTURES of GUNS, but they are required to look at REAL COPS carrying REAL GUNS.

Hmm, I wonder where these kids learn about Guns?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Here's what kind of education they ought to be getting with guns:

“You can’t look at this (sticker) and not think about Sandy Hook,” the principal added.

actually i can. it makes me think of how pussified this nation has become.

“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan also fretted.
    Good golly Ms. Molly. Do they really breed 'em this stupid in Chicago? One of the few towns in which I've been where I despised everything about it. I'd sooner live in Detroit.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.