Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Americans having less sex than they once did

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I know that is a big part of it, but I think anti-depressant effect is worse. The two income household has been around for decades, I think the major factor in the last 40 years has been anti-depressants. I think 25% of women are on them or something like that.
    I think the anti-depressant epidemic, the two income households, AND the lack of sex are symptoms of a bigger societal shift. I think it's happened over time and I think women choosing to work instead of staying home was the first shift and the internet was the second and may very well signal the end of the nuclear family. Too many distractions. Hell, I'm guilty of it, myself. Just last week, I was on the computer and got up to check on the doge (he was barking) and realized poor Mr Animal went to bed without me and didn't even say goodnight. I hate that and it was my fault for putting him on ignore to goof off on the internet. I apologized and promised not to go online if he was home and awake.

As far as the whole two income household thing goes, this country has a bad case of 'affulenza'. People take on massive amounts of debt to have the best money can buy because they deserve it. I understand there are exceptions but most of the women I know who think I'm "lucky" to be able to afford to stay at home, live in mansions (compared to my house), seem to be buying new furniture on a regular basis, one has a maid and a nanny and drive a different, brand spanking new fancy car every year. I buy the majority of my clothes at thrift stores, stick to a tight grocery budget, and drive a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager, lol. I imagine they could afford to live on one income if they were willing to make a few sacrifices but the only sacrifice they seem willing to make is their family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “If I’ve just run a marathon, is the first thing I want to do have sex? Probably not.”

Sex is exercise. Sex is good for one's back and a lot of other physical benefits. You're also not going to have the problems resulting from hard running. Silly textbook Americans always going by the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Sex is exercise. Sex is good for one's back and a lot of other physical benefits. You're also not going to have the problems resulting from hard running. Silly textbook Americans always going by the book.
    Ya when I haven't gotten laid for a while, I can easily have sex for a good 4-6 hours. $#@! running a marathon, lol...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Sure it is and it's good for your brain, too. If you're having trouble sleeping, it's the best thing in the world. However, the whole running a marathon comment was plain old dumb. Anyone who exercises regularly knows that you have crazy energy. They don't call it a runners high for nothing. I don't run marathons but I do run enough to know it doesn't damper my sex drive in the least.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Seeing the first generation who won't remember life without the internet is also the generation having the least sex makes me wonder if there might be a connection.
    That's my hypothesis. Correlation does not prove causation, but there are many mechanisms that might make this the root cause. Social networking, entertainment and work can all be done via the internet, and the internet is now ubiquitous, and available 24x7. How much time do people spend on the internet these days? What had to be displaced to make all of that time for the internet?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I think the anti-depressant epidemic, the two income households, AND the lack of sex are symptoms of a bigger societal shift. I think it's happened over time and I think women choosing to work instead of staying home was the first shift and the internet was the second and may very well signal the end of the nuclear family. Too many distractions. Hell, I'm guilty of it, myself. Just last week, I was on the computer and got up to check on the doge (he was barking) and realized poor Mr Animal went to bed without me and didn't even say goodnight. I hate that and it was my fault for putting him on ignore to goof off on the internet. I apologized and promised not to go online if he was home and awake.
    At least you recognize it. Lots of people don't unfortunately.

I also think communication is key to a healthy relationship.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Certainly not the case in my marriage.

My wife gets plenty of sex.
    Is this a Danke sighting ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    At least you recognize it. Lots of people don't unfortunately.

I also think communication is key to a healthy relationship.
    He's home and awake right now but he had to go to the potty and told me to goof off. It was either that or I follow him to the potty talking and start griping about how bad it smells.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Is this a Danke sighting ?!?
    If the sex was consensual, I doubt it.

Soy in your food.
    I eat marinated, grilled, or fried slabs of tofu for dinner often and I think life would be easier if the myths about soy and libido were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    I eat marinated, grilled, or fried slabs of tofu for dinner often and I think life would be easier if the myths about soy and libido were true.
    Tofu is fermented tho, right? Pretty sure that sort of soy doesn't have the estrogen issues that the soy in processed food has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

CONSEQUENCES FOR MEN

Since elevated estrogen levels are not normal for men, scientific investigators have been raising questions about the effects of these environmental estrogens on the male endocrine system. Many scientists have noted a host of consequences that accompany elevated estrogen levels. In men who ingest these EMCs, common symptoms include low semen concentrations, poor semen quality, lack of sperm motility, and eventually a reduced sexual appetite,2 problems that can usually be reversed when exposure to estrogens is terminated. For the developing male fetus, however, these environmental estrogens can have severe and life-long detrimental consequences to reproductive and urogenital development.

Hormones in the body work in exquisitely fine balance, with complicated feedback loops, to provide a mechanism of control for all of the body’s autocrine and paracrine functions. Early anatomists described the hypothalamus and pituitary glands as the “masters” of bodily functions,3 viewing the intricate synergy of these organs as the driving force of the entire body. Since the times of classical anatomy in the late 1800s and in the early 1900s, scientists have confirmed the importance of these organs through ablation procedures. It was easy for them to remove the pituitary gland, for example, and observe how the animal would cope without it. They were able to see how this little organ influenced almost every component of life, and how its removal was detrimental to the longevity of the animal. Later, scientists tested the effects of these “master organs” by observing the effects of artificial supplementation of certain hormones released by, produced at, or controlled by the various hypothalamal-hypophyseal axes.

Early on, they were able to define the interplay between the parts of these axes at which the action of change would take place. They determined the role of the gonad, for example, in the release of sex hormones such as testosterone in males and estrogen in females. This led to the recognition of the hypothalamal-hypophyseal-gonadal axis, where sex hormone levels in the blood feedback negatively to halt synthesis and secretion of the hormones until blood levels become stabilized. We now know that this kind of mechanism allows normal function in every organ system encapsulated by our body.
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...l-development/

Studies Showing Adverse Effects of Dietary Soy, 1939-2014
    https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...soy-1939-2008/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I've not had meat for 14 years and my libido is annoyingly high. So I wish that myth about soy and libido were true. But it is unfortunately not true. I kind of wonder if it increases libido at this point.

I've not had meat for 14 years and my libido is annoyingly high. So I wish that myth about soy and libido were true. But it is unfortunately not true. I kind of wonder if it increases libido at this point.
    Aside from soy, what do you eat for protein? I'm fasting from meat for Lent and always keeping an eye out for new and affordable lacto-ovo vegan/vegetarian ideas.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Aside from soy, what do you eat for protein? I'm fasting from meat for Lent and always keeping an eye out for new and affordable lacto-ovo vegan/vegetarian ideas.
    I don't eat eggs. My diet is also religious, as I came to follow Vaishnavism. I consider poultry, fish, and seafood to be meat. I have lots of dairy and beans, but there is protein in everything including vegetables, and we only need around 45g/day or so roughly, so it's easy to get more than enough. There is plenty in milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir, quesadillas, pizza, pasta, lasagna, quinoa, refried bean (pinto/black)/black bean/tvp/boca crumble burritos, veggie burgers, dal, paneer, falafel, hummus, seitan, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, dirty rice & tvp or boca crumbles, boca crumbles with taco seasoning and queso, boca crumbles and cheese in a sub, tofu cooked in ghee with thick cheddar slice as breakfast sandwich, nuts, all sorts of beans, and more. I know some recipes too if you want. At this point, I find these foods more delicious, and meat appears rather unappetizing, especially since it isn't needed. Cliff bars have good protein, and whey protein is considered the best for building muscle.

I don't eat eggs. My diet is also religious, as I came to follow Vaishnavism. I consider poultry, fish, and seafood to be meat. I have lots of dairy and beans, but there is protein in everything including vegetables, and we only need around 45g/day or so roughly, so it's easy to get more than enough. There is plenty in milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir, quesadillas, pizza, pasta, lasagna, quinoa, refried bean (pinto/black)/black bean/tvp/boca crumble burritos, veggie burgers, dal, paneer, falafel, hummus, seitan, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, dirty rice & tvp or boca crumbles, boca crumbles with taco seasoning and queso, boca crumbles and cheese in a sub, tofu cooked in ghee with thick cheddar slice as breakfast sandwich, nuts, all sorts of beans, and more. I know some recipes too if you want. At this point, I find these foods more delicious, and meat appears rather unappetizing, especially since it isn't needed. Cliff bars have good protein, and whey protein is considered the best for building muscle.
    Recipes would be appreciated. IMO Cliff bars are overpriced for the macronutrient profile they offer. I also prefer using real food. Thanks for your time. ~hugs~

Actually, she said she wish we could get together more often.

I guess they are on sex strike too.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I guess they are on sex strike too.
    Not me.

I put out twice today. I want a new shelf.

Rodney Dangerfield on Sex:

"My wife and I agreed to only smoke after sex. She is up to a pack a day...I have had the same pack since 1975"

"With sex my wife thinks twice before she turns me down. Yeah, once in the morning and once at night."

"Last week I told my wife, "If you would learn to cook, I could fire the chef." She said, "If you could learn to make love, I could fire the chauffer."

"She told me when we have sex, that's the only time I make her laugh."

My wife wants sex in the back of the car and she wants me to drive.

One night I asked a cabbie to take me to where the action is....he took me to my house.

During sex my wife always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel.

A hooker once told me she had a headache.

What would be an estimate of the frequency between Donald and Melania Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What would be an estimate of the frequency between Donald and Melania Trump?
    She has nice jewelry...

She has nice jewelry...
    So she has given him a "maybe?"

Last edited by anaconda; 03-08-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Recipes would be appreciated. IMO Cliff bars are overpriced for the macronutrient profile they offer. I also prefer using real food. Thanks for your time. ~hugs~
    My wife and I are putting some recipes we use together (mostly whole food recipes), probably in either a new thread somewhere or in the "what's for dinner" thread. We consider seitan, tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers and other so-called "meat replacements" to be real food, because they're just grains, beans, or vegetables mixed together. Seitan is just vital wheat gluten from wheat flour mixed with water, so it's basically super high protein bread with a thick texture. Tofu is just fermented soybeans. Tempeh is again just fermented soy. I don't consider that processed food; you can buy vital wheat gluten and mix it with water youself. Those things are mostly for convenience for quick meals, and we really only need rice, beans, and vegetables to thrive (and to follow the commandment not to kill). But you don't need tofu, seitan, or tempeh to easily go without meat, it's just a nice convenience.

P.S. in case it wasn't clear to others, soy fights cancer and doesn't reduce libido, and gluten is a good protein source. Also meat is not needed for humans regardless of location, and food without meat is incredibly delicious.

Negative rep comment:
    "Fudge packer"
    by agitator
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...00#post6430100

Sir, do you have a problem that you would like to discuss publicly? I do not understand your point. Please explain further so that I might better understand things from your point of view, kind sir. I would prefer to understand things from more perspectives.
    Last edited by Yieu; 03-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Not me.

I put out twice today. I want a new shelf.
    Nice to know I can't be bought off by sex for something as trivial as a shelf.

Come to think of it, I must be made of platinum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My wife and I are putting some recipes we use together (mostly whole food recipes), probably in either a new thread somewhere or in the "what's for dinner" thread. We consider seitan, tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers and other so-called "meat replacements" to be real food, because they're just grains, beans, or vegetables mixed together. Seitan is just vital wheat gluten from wheat flour mixed with water, so it's basically super high protein bread with a thick texture. Tofu is just fermented soybeans. Tempeh is again just fermented soy. I don't consider that processed food; you can buy vital wheat gluten and mix it with water youself. Those things are mostly for convenience for quick meals, and we really only need rice, beans, and vegetables to thrive (and to follow the commandment not to kill). But you don't need tofu, seitan, or tempeh to easily go without meat, it's just a nice convenience.

P.S. in case it wasn't clear to others, soy fights cancer and doesn't reduce libido, and gluten is a good protein source. Also meat is not needed for humans regardless of location, and food without meat is incredibly delicious.
    Thnx. ~hugs~ I'm really leery about soy. As your link even states (odd that you chose a specifically breast cancer link, but w/e):
    Soy foods possess both antiestrogenic and estrogen-like properties.
    I imagine that if it's non-GMO and harvested/processed as Asians have traditionally done, it would be fine. But the way it's grown and used in the West it's better for fattening cattle than sustaining humans, IMHO.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 03-09-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Thnx. ~hugs~ I'm really leery about soy. As your link even states (odd that you chose a specifically breast cancer link, but w/e) I imagine that if it's non-GMO and harvested/processed as Asians have traditionally done, it would be fine. But the way it's grown and used in the West it's better for fattening cattle than sustaining humans, IMHO.
    As a religious person, I try not to harm God's precious creation, especially His most beloved animal, the mother cow -- we were given dominion over her, so we should protect her from harm. Also, soy is healthy and I do not see any reason not to consume soy, gluten, or carbohydrates. Carbs help the brain.

I have created a thread to help those with a religious diet:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...atless-recipes
    Last edited by Yieu; 03-09-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12