Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is that what he was doing? Are you sure he wasn't admitting to being a Robert E. Lee fan? A lot of people are. After all, he stood up against slavery in a time and place where that was an unpopular stance. Or maybe he was admitting to being a person who gets permits. Lord knows he has gotten enough of them. Or maybe he was intimating that he's the kind of person who doesn't use violence as a first resort.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis. He emotionally angry-tweeted about Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech but had to be forced into denouncing Nazis days later. Makes you think.
    OR maybe he figured that "many sides" clearly included the NAZIs.
    Just change your moniker to AntiFa and get it over with, your cover is blown.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    OR maybe he figured that "many sides" clearly included the NAZIs.
    Just change your moniker to AntiFa and get it over with, your cover is blown.
    "Many sides" didn't commit an act of domestic terrorism by trying to mow down protesters with a vehicle.

I think you're taking my post too seriously. And no, Trump doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. His past (including recent) is enough to show me his true character.
    I think the overwhelming majority of your posts are a Stalinist calling Fascists names.

I couldn't take such a thing seriously on a double dog dare.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I think the overwhelming majority of your posts are a Stalinist calling Fascists names.

I couldn't take such a thing seriously on a double dog dare.
    That's great. Don't reply to my posts anymore, then. We'd be doing each other a favor.

He gave 'em hell. And I say good on him. They are fake news. The do have an agenda. They do only present one side. $#@! 'em.

"Many sides" didn't commit an act of domestic terrorism by trying to mow down protesters with a vehicle.
    No the other side committed domestic terrorism by using violence (potentially deadly force) to try to silence the free speech of those they oppose, they just didn't think of using a car.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's great. Don't reply to my posts anymore, then. We'd be doing each other a favor.
    If I stop laughing at you, you're going to do me a favor?

Like the next Stalinist tinpot dictator, you seem to be implying that doing you a favor is its own reward, because you just failed to offer me a single damned thing in return.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

He certainly has trouble denouncing Nazis.
    Let's see, he denounced David Duke back in 2000 without even being asked, he has denounced David Duke multiple times since he started running for President and he has denounced Nazis twice now since the attack even though the modern "neo-Nazis" or whatever haven't actually done anything to hurt anybody..

I mean, these "nazis" at that event look like a bunch of panzies running around with their stupid tiki torches and their stupid nazi salutes, punching like a t-rex, WHO GIVES A $#@! ABOUT THEM?!?!

And YOU are fake news.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Correct! As best as I could tell that was one person.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No the other side committed domestic terrorism by using violence (potentially deadly force) to try to silence the free speech of those they oppose, they just didn't think of using a car.
    Yes...
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Are you talking to him in terms of individual people, instead of collectives?

Are you going to also talk to him in French or Russian or Muscogee, or some other languages he's incapable of comprehending?

If I stop laughing at you, you're going to do me a favor?

Like the next Stalinist tinpot dictator, you seem to be implying that doing you a favor is its own reward, because you just failed to offer me a single damned thing in return.
    Laughing is certainly a great defense mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    One person with a poisonous ideology shared by a not-insignificant number of people that needs to be challenged and denounced at every turn. If the POTUS won't do it, anti-fascists will.
    Last edited by Antischism; 08-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.

This is a common theme recently on RPF. An $#@! popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?

so you haven't seen the video of bat wielding anarchists surrounding the vehicle and attacking before the vehicle accelerates forward? Go get all the facts before you speak.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

It is also simply irresistible when confronted with foolishness as bizarre as yours.

So can you stand up to the same scrutiny you use against Trump?
    Do YOU condemn AntiFa for stating the violence? Yes or No time punk.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, it is, and I shouldn't have mentioned it. I realize Stalinists don't have senses of humor. I really shouldn't have shamed your handicap.

I don't blame you for being triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is a common theme recently on RPF. An $#@! popping out of nowhere. How many are there left?
    Whack a TR()LL?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Soon it will be, 'White? You're a nazi.'
    Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Soon?
    Somebody will start a business selling not-a-nazi certificates.

Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler. The persecution complex is just precious.

I though you left already?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Too bad he died, Schultz got a "Good German" letter from him pretty cheap.

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler. The persecution complex is just precious.
    So you never heard your AntiFa friends say that all whites are racist?

By the way are you going to denounce AntiFa's starting the violence or not?

You haven't even denounced it "on many sides" yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Actually, they will officially be 'not a fascist' certificates. And they will only be valid if issued by a multinational corporation under contract to the government, and will lead to Antifa thugs saying, 'Your papers, please.'

Because these people clearly think it takes fascism to stop fascism.

Unless you empathize with neo-Nazis, no one's going to call you a Nazi or a Nazi enabler.
    You don't seem to empathize with neo-Nazis, but you sure enable fascists. You probably don't see how. But it is what you do.

Ergo, if there's a Nazi enabler in this thread, it's you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2017 at 04:50 PM.

So you never heard your AntiFa friends say that all whites are racist?

By the way are you going to denounce AntiFa's starting the violence or not?

You haven't even denounced it "on many sides" yet.
    No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking. To add to that, I'm more closely aligned with those who would challenge fascist $#@!s than the fascists.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, I've never heard anyone I'm close to state that "all whites are racist." I wouldn't be friends with anyone who thought that. And yes, I'm against using violent means to silence anyone. I believe in counter-protesting, not in beating someone up for speaking
    But do you denounce AntiFa BY NAME? That is what you demanded of Trump about the NAZIs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's beginning to look like that was done by a Hillary voter...

No. That's not how it works. I've already been called a neo-Nazi sympathizer on social media for saying that the Unite the Right group had a lawful permit to hold the rally and that the counter-protesters brought violence unto them to keep them from doing so.
    So, you're full of bull$#@!.

But do you denounce AntiFa BY NAME? That is what you demanded of Trump about the NAZIs.
    Sure, I don't agree with their tactics/methods, but I do agree with the sentiment that neo-Nazis are poison and their ideology should be summarily dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. That's not how it works. I've already been called a neo-Nazi sympathizer on social media for saying that the Unite the Right group had a lawful permit to hold the rally and that the counter-protesters brought violence unto them to keep them from doing so.
    So, you're full of bull$#@!.
    If that's really how it went and there's no history of dodgy posts that would lead someone to that conclusion, I'd say you should probably not have that person on your social media account. Or at least, direct them to ACLU's stance on the matter.
    Last edited by Antischism; 08-15-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast