Thread: religion

religion

Religion is the problem not the solution. what do you think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think you should give up now.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    So who among us doesn't belong to some form of religion?

Social interaction and all that's acceptable within that interaction is based on politics and we have splinters where one could draw lines.

The belief system of the "democrat" could easily be viewed as a religious belief. Same with the belief system of the "republican" or any splinter of the political system.

It's impossible to separate politics from the religious belief system and this is the reason we have so many denominations in religions.

Just how would you propose to change this situation?

It's not like we can tell people what they sould believe and even if we could, should we think we have the right to do so?

And don't try to tell me that government isn't often considered to be a form of deity. There are those who worship government.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan
    I think not.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I think that you sir, are no lover of liberty.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I think this is an obvious and bad troll attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yep. Religions are a problem, a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe through his Son Jesus Christ is the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yep. Religions are a problem, a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe through his Son Jesus Christ is the solution.
    ^ This.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's just a non-denominational religion, tho.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's just a non-denominational religion, tho.
    No, I've always understood Christians across denominations have a relationship with God. I might not identify with certain denominations but I consider you brothers in Christ, and hope the feeling is mutual. My only message to non-Christians is look for God yourselves, if you find him in Church great, but don't let understandable aversions to earthly authority keep you from finding God. Bottom line he is real and approachable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

No way.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No way.
    Yeah, I don't want to think, I took all that time to put on my wet-suit and scuba equipment just to waste it on a troll.

it was an honest question. Yes, politics is a form religion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So who among us doesn't belong to some form of religion?

Social interaction and all that's acceptable within that interaction is based on politics and we have splinters where one could draw lines.

The belief system of the "democrat" could easily be viewed as a religious belief. Same with the belief system of the "republican" or any splinter of the political system.

It's impossible to separate politics from the religious belief system and this is the reason we have so many denominations in religions.

Just how would you propose to change this situation?

It's not like we can tell people what they sould believe and even if we could, should we think we have the right to do so?

And don't try to tell me that government isn't often considered to be a form of deity. There are those who worship government.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.L. Mencken
    Democracy too is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-02-2017 at 11:37 PM.

It was such a weak attempt that I almost feel insulted by it and I'm not religious.

History is a great indicator. We need only reference our history books to bear witness to the many civilizations which have been burned to the ground by some government tyrant in the name of some God. Neither government tyrants or religious tyrants are mutually exclusive in that regard. They require one another in order to establish and maintain control over people.

If anyone wants to dispute it, I'll be in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-14-2017 at 01:41 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

how is liberty possible with no god?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    History is a great indicator. We need only reference our history books to bear witness to the many civilizations which have been burned to the ground by some government tyrant in the name of some God. Neither government tyrants or religious tyrants are mutually exclusive in that regard. They require one another in order to establish and maintain control over people.

If anyone wants to dispute it, I'll be in the neighborhood.
    The Soviets banned God (and Buddha in Mongolia) and it didn't bode well for freedom...
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-14-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stvermont View Post
    how is liberty possible with no god?

You asked and answered your own question.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus