Thread: A man's truck was stolen while he was robbing a store across the street, police say

A man's truck was stolen while he was robbing a store across the street, police say

A Washington man who reported his truck as stolen was arrested after police determined he was robbing a store when the vehicle was taken.
    William Kelley, 42, told police he'd left his red 1992 Chevy pickup truck in a parking lot after a night out a tavern, according to a release from the Kennewick Police Department. When he returned to pick it up early Sunday, he said, he left the keys on the seat and went to find a bathroom.
    Surveillance footage of the area obtained by police shows a man on a bicycle ride by and spot the keys. The thief can then be seen tossing his bike in the back and fleeing the scene.
    Kelley called police to report the theft, but because he had a prior warrant for his arrest, he was booked.
    "And then the story got real interesting," police said.

Upon closer inspection of video from the tavern, police discovered that Kelley had driven to the location that morning, then went into a business across the street to steal items.
    "His truck was stolen as he was stealing items," police said. "He was booked for burglary."
    Kelley's vehicle has still not been located, and police asked the public for assistance identifying the car thief.

https://news.yahoo.com/mans-truck-st...172258736.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Stratovarious this is irony right? @Occam's Banana

Edit: After moments of deep reflection, I'm going with coincidence, even karmha, but not irony.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 08-27-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post

Edit: After moments of deep reflection, I'm going with coincidence, even karmha, but not irony.

Karmronic !

What a way to start my day, too damn funny. H ha.........

I wonder if the two will share a cell, both felons right, unless the truck wasn't
    worth whatever the min 'statute' amount is.

A 'B' movie; The two share a cell, break out of jail, continue to commit crimes
    that fail, fail , fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post

You are correct, sir! /Ed-McMahon-voice

This is coincidence.

It's not ironic, because there's nothing about being a thief that leads one to expect that thieves are less likely than other people to be robbed by other thieves.

(Perhaps the opposite, given the "no honor among thieves" thing - though that doesn't really seem to apply here, since it doesn't appear that the truck thief knew that the truck owner was also a thief.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-28-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You are correct, sir! /Ed-McMahon-voice

This is coincidence.

It's not ironic, because there's nothing about being a thief that leads one to expect that thieves are less likely than other people to be robbed by other thieves.

(Perhaps the opposite, given the "no honor among thieves" thing - though that doesn't really seem to apply here, since it doesn't appear that the truck thief knew that the truck owner was also a thief.)
    I suppose you could say that it's ironic that the truck-owning thief got caught because he reported the theft of his truck (since you wouldn't expect a thief to expose himself to the attention of law enforcement like that). But even that seems more like a case of stupidity than of irony ...

Thats pretty ironic.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

There is a comedy sketch here somewhere. Probably has been done already.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.