Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Avocado Hand" is sending people to the ER!!!

I've been eating avocados almost every day for 15 years. I've never cut one in half.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When my knife gets stuck in the avocado seed I leave it on the counter and let my husband find it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    When my knife gets stuck in the avocado seed I leave it on the counter and let my husband find it.
    Is that some weird kind of California innuendo?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    It's San Francisco. Not a surprise. Somehow word hasn't gotten out that when the avacado is too hard to cut you're supposed to boil it. How do California people not know this? SMFH. Damn hipsters.
    I've never heard of boiling one. I have heard of putting it in the oven on low to speed ripening but they taste cooked to me and I not like cooked avocado. I just let them ripen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Serves 'em right for jumping on the nasty Mexican food bandwagon...
    Aww they aren't so bad if you moosh 'em up and mix 'em with $#@! then put it on something else to further obscure the taste..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Aww they aren't so bad if you moosh 'em up and mix 'em with $#@! then put it on something else to further obscure the taste..
    They taste good plain, eaten with a spoon. You can put some salt n pepper on them too. Or spread it on bread like butter.

If you mush them up (still should be chunky) you can mix a little lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, diced onions, garlic and tomatoes - add some cilantro and you have a classic guac. You can also add some diced jalapenos or a dash of olive oil as well if so inclined.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Who knew whipping up guac could be such dangerous business? A British retailer, apparently, as it has just introduced a pitless avocado to the masses to prevent the injury known as "avocado hand." The Guardian reports on Marks & Spencer's limited-edition cocktail avocado, a variety grown in Spain and usually only seen in top Paris restaurants. The special avocado is between 2 inches and 3 inches long (making it slimmer than a typical avocado) and boasts an edible skin. The plant it comes from is unpollinated, meaning the pit never grows inside, and one of M&S' goals in selling it is to keep people from slicing their hands and fingers while trying to de-pit the fruit.

"This amazing fruit has been on our radar for a couple of years, and we're very excited to have finally been able to get hold of some for our customers to try," M&S food scientist Charlotte Curtis says. The Independent notes that avocado aficionados will still enjoy the taste they're familiar with: one that's "smooth and creamy … and rich in flavor." Curtis adds that the ready-to-nosh avocados are ideal for on-the-go lunches and snacks and as salad add-ons or garnishes, per Today; she also suggests deep-frying them. A pack of a handful of the avocados is said to sell for around $2.50 at M&S, though, in bad news for US consumers, they are available only in the UK for now.
    http://www.newser.com/story/252692/p...-are-here.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    They taste good plain, eaten with a spoon.
    Yep. That's how I usually eat them. They best ones I ever got were at Giant Eagle. Large, smooth, and really, really, dry. They sold from about mid-May until beginning of July.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I suspect there wouldn't be so many problems if they stopped using those puny California Avocados and went with the big Mexican ones instead.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had no idea avocados were a problem. Are people seriously just in that much a hurry all the time to go nowhere? I know they spoil fast if left on the counter, but I don't think a couple minutes will make a huge difference...

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Sharper than most people asking for warning stickers on avocados!
    The same people that want knives to be dull, yet, still be perfectly sharp to cut avocados with.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12