http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1598.html

Poll Date Sample Santorum Romney Gingrich Paul Spread
    RCP Average 3/11 - 3/13 -- 32.5 29.5 19.5 8.5 Santorum +3.0

Santorum: 32.5
    Romney 29.5
    Gingrich: 19.5
    Paul: 8.5

WTF?!?!?!?!
    "Can't get healthcare to our old people, can't educate our young people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright" - George Carlin

"We're in two wars that are costing us trillions of dollars. Those trillions of dollars should have been left in the economy to build jobs and produce prosperity here at home" - Ron Paul

"We spend 1.5 trillion dollars overseas in wars we don't need to be in and we need to cut there. And then put that money back into our economy here." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know...I know...

but we should all know better by now than to give the general electorate the benefit of the doubt that they are well-informed.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Pathetic....
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

If I recall, the last GOP candidate to lose their home state while still running for the nomination was Alan Keyes who lost MD in 2008. Of course Paul lost Texas in 08 as well. Prior to that it was Keyes in 2000.
    Last edited by tbone717; 03-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.

That isn't even an outlier that is two recent polls, showing the same thing. Pathetic. Paul can't even get double digits in his HOME state. WOWOW.

Liberty and freedom isn't popular apparently....
    "Can't get healthcare to our old people, can't educate our young people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright" - George Carlin

"We're in two wars that are costing us trillions of dollars. Those trillions of dollars should have been left in the economy to build jobs and produce prosperity here at home" - Ron Paul

"We spend 1.5 trillion dollars overseas in wars we don't need to be in and we need to cut there. And then put that money back into our economy here." - Ron Paul

It's the republican and media defamation of Ron Paul. Bush basically ran on the same kind of politics that Ron Paul did before Bush lifted his cover on his neo-conservativism. Non-intervention, sound economics, etc. Now they want to make non-intervention seem crazy yet they VOTED FOR IT back in 2000. All I can say is, "Would Jesus support these wars?" - No.

IN January, PPP had a poll of those likely to vote in the Texas GOP Primary, what was troubling is Paul's favorabilities among those Texans going to vote in the GOP primary then were 32 favorable, 59 unfavorable. By far the worst of the GOP.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravik View Post
    It is popular. If you listen to the other candidates rhetoric they are calling for lower spending, lower taxes, less regulation etc. As we know their definition of such differs from Paul's platform, but the talking points are similar. Momentum plays a huge factor in a primary race, and sadly we do not have any momentum whatsoever. The campaign and candidate needed to do something significant at some point during the campaign to insert themselves back into this race, and nothing was done.

But the good news is that the libertarian wing will win contests this fall and we will increase our influence in the party. We will have far more victories this year than losses. The big race is almost over for us, but we are still doing very well in many other races.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUSman View Post
    IN January, PPP had a poll of those likely to vote in the Texas GOP Primary, what was troubling is Paul's favorabilities among those Texans going to vote in the GOP primary then were 32 favorable, 59 unfavorable. By far the worst of the GOP.
    That is troubling. It would be helpful to discover the reasons for the high unfavorable rating. It certainly isn't solely the message. We have a state senator here in PA that won with over 70% of the vote in 2010, and my guess is that Paul will likely get 10% or less from our district in the primary. Have there been any surveys published that give insight to why people find Paul unfavorable?

FRAUD!!!!!!

We vote, they make up a count. WAKE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    That is troubling. It would be helpful to discover the reasons for the high unfavorable rating. It certainly isn't solely the message. We have a state senator here in PA that won with over 70% of the vote in 2010, and my guess is that Paul will likely get 10% or less from our district in the primary. Have there been any surveys published that give insight to why people find Paul unfavorable?
    The first step is to admit there is a problem. I don't know that they take (took) it seriously. Even on the "live chat" with Doug Wead and Jack Hunter last night, a question was posed about the rallies, and Doug seemed totally unwilling to acknowledge that the rallies were a waste of time and resources. How many times does it take before we learn a lesson? Georgia voted Newt for no other reason than he was from there. The homecrowd always picks one of their own. For him to be doing this badly in Texas screams alarm bells.

If we fail to elect Ron, when this campaign is studied in history I fear one of the reasons why will be because the campaign was too hard headed to face reality and change tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by floridasun1983 View Post
    The first step is to admit there is a problem. I don't know that they take (took) it seriously. Even on the "live chat" with Doug Wead and Jack Hunter last night, a question was posed about the rallies, and Doug seemed totally unwilling to acknowledge that the rallies were a waste of time and resources. How many times does it take before we learn a lesson? Georgia voted Newt for no other reason than he was from there. The homecrowd always picks one of their own. For him to be doing this badly in Texas screams alarm bells.

If we fail to elect Ron, when this campaign is studied in history I fear one of the reasons why will be because the campaign was too hard headed to face reality and change tactics.
    From the information I heard about the IL rally yesterday or the day before (I can't recall), he essentially gave the standard stump speech that he has been giving all along. So I think you are right that they are failing to change tactics. I have been doing a good bit of research on House and Senate races, and have found that there are libertarian Republican candidates out there that are giving a far better presentation of the message than the campaign is. They are able to connect the message to the concerns of the average voter and they are doing it very well (GA Avenger might be able to back me up on this). I'm not sure if it is a stubbornness or just a lack of ability, but Paul just doesn't seem to be able to do that in his speeches. He is real good at firing up the base, but preaching to the choir does not win elections.

Totally agree with you, with virtually zero caucus's left on the schedule, Ron needs to back a few States that award their delegates proportionally after 1 April, and Campaign in that State day after day after day.

The private jet in to a State for one or two rallies and leave not to return has failed. Not to be willing to change tactics now with over half the primary season over, is not just being hard headed, but also not in touch with reality.

Pick just a couple of States for next month and Campaign like you truly want to win them.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Totally agree with you, with virtually zero caucus's left on the schedule, Ron needs to back a few States that award their delegates proportionally after 1 April, and Campaign in that State day after day after day.

The private jet in to a State for one or two rallies and leave not to return has failed. Not to be willing to change tactics now with over half the primary season over, is not just being hard headed, but also not in touch with reality.

Pick just a couple of States for next month and Campaign like you truly want to win them.
    Right why isn't he out shaking hands and kissing babies? I don't know it seems more like he is on tour than campaigning.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMX View Post
    FRAUD!!!!!!

We vote, they make up a count. WAKE UP!
    LOL. What a joke.

That isn't even an outlier that is two recent polls, showing the same thing. Pathetic. Paul can't even get double digits in his HOME state. WOWOW.
    Ron can't be blamed for my fellow residents being utter idiots.
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Ron can't be blamed for my fellow residents being utter idiots.
    I'm ashamed of my fellow Texans. Too many golden rule boo'ers, me thinks.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Why is anyone looking for good poll numbers? Everyone pretty much now believes Ron Paul can't win- since he hasn't won a State yet. The numbers were bound to go down from that.....

So we need to wish for a brokered convention and get delegates in under stealth. No other way to go about it folks. Become a delegate for a candidate that is expected to win in your state.

From the information I heard about the IL rally yesterday or the day before (I can't recall), he essentially gave the standard stump speech that he has been giving all along. So I think you are right that they are failing to change tactics. I have been doing a good bit of research on House and Senate races, and have found that there are libertarian Republican candidates out there that are giving a far better presentation of the message than the campaign is. They are able to connect the message to the concerns of the average voter and they are doing it very well (GA Avenger might be able to back me up on this). I'm not sure if it is a stubbornness or just a lack of ability, but Paul just doesn't seem to be able to do that in his speeches. He is real good at firing up the base, but preaching to the choir does not win elections.
    Yes. Its the same stump speech that everyone has heard for 6 months now. Its time to shake things up. Go after gas prices. Respond to current events. I actually do believe Ron can connect with the average voter, but its almost like his "handlers" are afraid to let him. They keep him a mile away from every media outlet he needs be on non-stop, like Fox News. You gotta go where the votes are, you can fish all day in your swimming pool and you won't have a bite.

The campaign has totally failed when it comes to traditional retail politics. They just aren't selling their goods. This is why so many here were wrong about Santorum being a flash in the pan candidate; he's flat out worked tirelessly to sell himself to the country, one townhall, one door step at a time. That's what it takes when you're not mega-bucks Romney.

focus on being delegates !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Honestly I'm suprised he doesn't have a bigger lead than that.

Yes. Its the same stump speech that everyone has heard for 6 months now. Its time to shake things up. Go after gas prices. Respond to current events. I actually do believe Ron can connect with the average voter, but its almost like his "handlers" are afraid to let him. They keep him a mile away from every media outlet he needs be on non-stop, like Fox News. You gotta go where the votes are, you can fish all day in your swimming pool and you won't have a bite.

The campaign has totally failed when it comes to traditional retail politics. They just aren't selling their goods. This is why so many here were wrong about Santorum being a flash in the pan candidate; he's flat out worked tirelessly to sell himself to the country, one townhall, one door step at a time. That's what it takes when you're not mega-bucks Romney.
    SIGH: None of this is going to happen. Ron is not going to change and the campaign isn't either (the campaign is basically over) and that was clear from day 1 of 2012....could you imagine Ron giving a speech at the RNC Convention in Tampa...if he manages to get one, please, please, make him write it down and read it...save us all the embarrassment.

My prediction is that he doesn't break 20% in any primary besides perhaps PA and SD...I think MT has the last caucus where Ron could get a win there...but that's about it. Be prepared for 9-11% in the remaining States...be prepared for more large rallies with the same stump speech.
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 03-15-2012 at 10:41 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is not doing well in the South -- too many neocons. He does the best in the West, which unfortunately is also Romney's stronghold, and the Midwest, which is Santorum's best area.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

They're plenty popular, just not among the old people who listen to talk radio all day and vote reliably.

This is why so many here were wrong about Santorum being a flash in the pan candidate; he's flat out worked tirelessly to sell himself to the country, one townhall, one door step at a time. That's what it takes when you're not mega-bucks Romney.
    Santorum isn't doing well because of his brilliant person-to-person campaigning. He's doing well because conservative "thought leaders" on the radio, online, and in the churches decided that Santorum was the only remaining conservative alternative to Romney who was adequately militaristic for their tastes.

It is. Things are more complicated than you are giving credit for. Rome was not built in a day.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Dont blame Ron Paul, blame the electorate for buying into this Lobbyist POS lying Judas goat Santorum.

Effing media wont even mention Ron Paul anymore.

Is EVERYONE doing phone from home to combat the black out?
    Last edited by unknown; 03-16-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

If I recall, the last GOP candidate to lose their home state while still running for the nomination was Alan Keyes who lost MD in 2008. Of course Paul lost Texas in 08 as well. Prior to that it was Keyes in 2000.
    Giuliani won New York in 08?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast