Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 'Adventurous Woman' to Give Birth to NEANDERTHAL MAN

Ok, but seriously, doesn't this violate some sort of medical code of ethics NOT to do experimentation on humans?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Why the hell would we want to bring neanderthals back? Jurassic Park and Planet of the Apes IV didn't work out too well.
    Exactly.

Any adventurous women willing to recreate hitler? They have enough of his DNA left to do that one too...

...no, not really, but you get the point.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Assuming they are semi intelligent but lack critical thinking.Im sure the government would see them as the perfect soldier.Strong and willing to shoot whatever there told too with no moral objection.

Quote Originally Posted by robert9712000 View Post
    Assuming they are semi intelligent but lack critical thinking.Im sure the government would see them as the perfect soldier.Strong and willing to shoot whatever there told too with no moral objection.
    Did neanderthal man have speech abilities? I thought that was a **** sapien sapien thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    What if we find out we are not the better species and we simply where better at killing?

The main reason we won out was th fact that we were a more social species and technological innovation spread through word of mouth quicker.
    Last edited by trey4sports; 01-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Did neanderthal man have speech abilities? I thought that was a **** sapien sapien thing.
    I think this is the kind of questions that would be answered by such a venture.

Our thoughts that Human is special and all animals are seperate and apart would be challenged.

but this is creating life, not destroying life.
    I'd prefer creation over destruction.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by loveableteddybear View Post
    Exactly.

Any adventurous women willing to recreate hitler? They have enough of his DNA left to do that one too...

...no, not really, but you get the point.
    It's not as if Hitler2 would necessarily go on and kill as many jews as Hitler1. I mean, that wasn't a genetical disorder or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Hehe does this really piss off religious people?
    Do you have to be "religious" to have ethics?

story from the DailyMail,, but regardless.
    It is an extremely bad idea, even if it was possible.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Do you have to be "religious" to have ethics?

story from the DailyMail,, but regardless.
    It is an extremely bad idea, even if it was possible.
    http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresource.../cloning.shtml
    high rates of death, deformity, and disability observed among animal clones
    []

What are the risks of cloning?

Reproductive cloning is expensive and highly inefficient. More than 90% of cloning attempts fail to produce viable offspring. More than 100 nuclear transfer procedures could be required to produce one viable clone. In addition to low success rates, cloned animals tend to have more compromised immune function and higher rates of infection, tumor growth, and other disorders. Japanese studies have shown that cloned mice live in poor health and die early. About a third of the cloned calves born alive have died young, and many of them were abnormally large. Many cloned animals have not lived long enough to generate good data about how clones age. Appearing healthy at a young age unfortunately is not a good indicator of long-term survival. Clones have been known to die mysteriously. For example, Australia's first cloned sheep appeared healthy and energetic on the day she died, and the results from her autopsy failed to determine a cause of death.
    In 2002, researchers at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts, reported that the genomes of cloned mice are compromised. In analyzing more than 10,000 liver and placenta cells of cloned mice, they discovered that about 4% of genes function abnormally. The abnormalities do not arise from mutations in the genes but from changes in the normal activation or expression of certain genes.
    Problems also may result from programming errors in the genetic material from a donor cell. When an embryo is created from the union of a sperm and an egg, the embryo receives copies of most genes from both parents. A process called "imprinting" chemically marks the DNA from the mother and father so that only one copy of a gene (either the maternal or paternal gene) is turned on. Defects in the genetic imprint of DNA from a single donor cell may lead to some of the developmental abnormalities of cloned embryos.
    For more details on the risks associated with cloning, see the Cloning Problems links below.
    Should humans be cloned?

Physicians from the American Medical Association and scientists with the American Association for the Advancement of Science have issued formal public statements advising against human reproductive cloning. The U.S. Congress has considered the passage of legislation that could ban human cloning. See the Policy and Legislation links below.
    Due to the inefficiency of animal cloning (only about 1 or 2 viable offspring for every 100 experiments) and the lack of understanding about reproductive cloning, many scientists and physicians strongly believe that it would be unethical to attempt to clone humans. Not only do most attempts to clone mammals fail, about 30% of clones born alive are affected with "large-offspring syndrome" and other debilitating conditions. Several cloned animals have died prematurely from infections and other complications. The same problems would be expected in human cloning. In addition, scientists do not know how cloning could impact mental development. While factors such as intellect and mood may not be as important for a cow or a mouse, they are crucial for the development of healthy humans. With so many unknowns concerning reproductive cloning, the attempt to clone humans at this time is considered potentially dangerous and ethically irresponsible. See the Cloning Ethics links below for more information about the human cloning debate.

Last edited by presence; 01-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Shorter, Heavier, stronger, fossils most often found in cold or mountainous areas of Europe. Anyone else notice the similarity to the Dwarves of Nordic mythology? They say all legends contain a seed of truth.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This guy isn't talking about creating a neanderthal embryo, he's talking about taking an already existing embryo and changing it into something else - denying and destroying the inherent value of the human being it would become unmolested, for the hypothetical value of an extinct species that can wait for technology to remove the necessity of using a human embryo. But the guy's ego can't wait.

I bet if he paid the individual instead of asking for a volunteer he'd have someone doing it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=women...r:16,s:0,i:132
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 01-22-2013 at 12:28 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

A lot to ponder about all of this.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    Shorter, Heavier, stronger, fossils most often found in cold or mountainous areas of Europe. Anyone else notice the similarity to the Dwarves of Nordic mythology? They say all legends contain a seed of truth.
    Humans were much shorter back then.A Roman legionary was on average around 160-165 cm tall.They saw the German and Slavic tribes which were around 175-185 cm on average as giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    J.R.R.Tolkien's dwarves as glimpsed in the latest HOBBIT movie do act like actualized and evolved Neanderthals.

Technically, the scientist is trying to morph a modern human into manifesting some Neanderthal traits rather than

bringing back a precise cloned "twin" of one of the legendary valient Ice Age hunters. It would be easier to clone

a scientist like Sir Isaac Newton or any of the recent Kings or Queens of England if permission is given. This has

echoes of H.G. Wells's ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU in that it has a level of experimentation worthy of a horror film.

There is no evidence that neanderthals were less intelligent than **** sapiens. They had language, as did **** Erectus, used fire, and created beautiful art. Really hard to say why they died out or even IF they died out. They might simply have been absorbed by **** sapiens. All humans, other than pure Africans, have some neanderthal dna.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Humans were much shorter back then.A Roman legionary was on average around 160-165 cm tall.They saw the German and Slavic tribes which were around 175-185 cm on average as giants.
    Human GRAIN EATERS were much shorter. Those who had not foolishly abandoned the more libertarian hunter/gatherer lifestyle remained tall, healthy, and long-lived.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Too much discussion. Need facts. Someone do it, report back and then we can close this thread.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess not everyone watches Sci-Fi Horror movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    There is no evidence that neanderthals were less intelligent than **** sapiens. They had language, as did **** Erectus, used fire, and created beautiful art. Really hard to say why they died out or even IF they died out. They might simply have been absorbed by **** sapiens. All humans, other than pure Africans, have some neanderthal dna.
    Their frontal cortex was smaller, which means that their ability to reason wasn't as profound as ours.

On an intelligence scale, I would guess they're above dolphins but below us. I'm not even sure they were sentient in the way that we would understand the term.
    Last edited by ShaneEnochs; 01-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Too much discussion. Need facts. Someone do it, report back and then we can close this thread.
    I heard a radio interview yesterday with the scientist. This whole story was a "what if" media creation. The reporter wanted to talk about recreating a neanderthal. The scientist has no desire or plan to do it.

He is working on modifying the genetics of living people as part of medical procedures. For example, some people can not catch the HIV virus as they do not have the receptor that HIV needs. They are looking at modifying the DNA of people with HIV/AIDS to have that same trait (absence of that receptor).

This is a book by the scientist:

http://www.amazon.com/Regenesis-Synt.../dp/0465021751
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If we Mundanes are currently hearing about this as a "what if", it means they've already done it, somewhere. No, I don't think I know it all, but I do recognize patterns. They are always decades ahead of us. Sometimes it seems like the only hope we've got is the theory of chaos.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote from Dr. Ian Malcolm character from "Jurassic Park"
    "Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."
    Quote from same character modified
    Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates neanderthal. God destroys neanderthal. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates neanderthal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Their frontal cortex was smaller, which means that their ability to reason wasn't as profound as ours.

On an intelligence scale, I would guess they're above dolphins but below us. I'm not even sure they were sentient in the way that we would understand the term.
    The bottlenose dolphin has a pretty impressive brain. I'm not so sure I would rank them below humans. This really gets into a question about the meaning of intelligence. There are different kinds of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    The bottlenose dolphin has a pretty impressive brain. I'm not so sure I would rank them below humans. This really gets into a question about the meaning of intelligence. There are different kinds of intelligence.
    And sentience. Sentience is not exactly a clear rubicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Quote from same character modified

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates neanderthal. God destroys neanderthal. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates neanderthal.
    Neanderthal eats man. Woman inherits the Earth...then gets clubbed to death by neanderthal.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbot24 View Post
    If we Mundanes are currently hearing about this as a "what if", it means they've already done it, somewhere. No, I don't think I know it all, but I do recognize patterns. They are always decades ahead of us. Sometimes it seems like the only hope we've got is the theory of chaos.
    I'm surprised it took 52 posts for someone to finally say this.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It pisses me off.
    I'm not religious, I like science...
    But this pisses me off.
    Chill bro.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    That is the point of the slave argument.They were smart enough to use simple tools but never amounted to anything more + were much bigger and stronger.That lack of intelligence would make people look up on them as animals rather than humans.Every bull$#@! slave owners made up about their slaves just to dehumanize them in the eyes of the general populations for this creature it would be fact,the perfect slave.

Either slaves or amusement ,there is no other option.Even if they would somehow have an intelligence close to one of a human because of the human DNA of a woman,we today can not yet reconcile the difference of skin color let alone having a species that has totally different physical characteristics that can compete with us.The time before someone starts demanding their extermination can be measured in minutes.God forbid they get a country.
    If that happens then I propose we give them Israel or the Gaza. The land of their ancestors.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Consider...

First,
    that if you take a baby monkey from its mother and keep it in your house, regardless of whether or not you give it the proper food and drink and exercize, that monkey stands a strong change of growing up a basket case. It will likely bear little behavioral resemblance to an adult monkey of its same species. This is fairly well documented.

Second,
    that if you take a baby Chinese human being from its mother and keep her in a cradle for the first two years of its life, regardless of whether or not you give her the proper food and drink and exercize, by the time an American family adopts her, she's very likely to have a laundry list of psychological and developmental issues. In short, she will also bear little behavioral resemblance to a young human being. This is not only well documented, there's actually an industry that gets paid to try to fix these children.

Third,
    regardless of whether evolution is real, that a Neanderthal must fall somewhere in the interval between monkey and human, including endpoints.

Fourth,
    that no human being in the last 11,000 years has had the slightest clue what goes into rearing a Neanderthal child.

Therefore, the chance that this Neanderthal will develop into a balanced individual is pretty damned low.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast