View Poll Results: Would you support Trump if he picks Rand Paul as VP?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • No

23 58.97%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you support Trump if he picks Rand Paul as VP?

Would you support Trump if he picks Rand Paul as VP?

Just curious...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not gonna happen but not even that can convince me to vote for him. (Hillary isn't much better option though).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not gonna happen but not even that can convince me to vote for him. (Hillary isn't much better option though).
    zippy voting the hillary...what a zurprise.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

If you were hitchhiking and a Klingon battlecruiser stopped to pick you up, would you get in?

It's a more likely scenario, after all.

How many times has this $#@!ing been discussed already? Not going to happen. Ever. STFU with this stupid $#@! already.

Still wouldn't vote for the ticket but it would probably sway me into having a preference of which would win. I'm in NY and want my vote to count for something, so I'll be going Libertarian party. Also not gunna happen.

No

Trump represents the opposite of everything Rand stands for (e.g. free markets, non-intervention, personal liberty); thus, if Trump were to ask him to be his VP and he were to accept, I could only conclude that he had abandoned his principles, in which case there would be no reason to support him anymore. Needless to say, this is a completely ridiculous scenario, but keep promoting it Trumptards, in a very transparent and very futile attempt to make Trump look less terrible by (hypothetical) association with Rand.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-13-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    zippy voting the hillary...what a zurprise.
    "None of the Above" actually. I do think Trump is more likely to win it though. It is going to be an ugly, nasty name calling campaign which he is very good at. He sticks a knife in people with a smile. He tears into them and follows up with "but he is really a nice guy/ gal".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poll needs more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    No

Trump represents the opposite of everything Rand stands for (e.g. free markets, non-intervention, personal liberty); thus, if Trump were to ask him to be his VP and he were to accept, I could only conclude that he had abandoned his principles, in which case there would be no reason to support him anymore. Needless to say, this is a completely ridiculous scenario, but keep promoting it Trumptards, in a very transparent and very futile attempt to make Trump look less terrible by (hypothetical) association with Rand.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to r3volution 3.0 again."

SAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Poll needs more options.
    Something about someone being a douchebag would be helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Something about someone being a douchebag would be helpful...
    I was thinking a "$#@! no!" would more closely convey my sentiment but douchbag's good, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I was thinking a "$#@! no!" would more closely convey my sentiment but douchbag's good, too.
    I'm just a sucker for forum traditions.

8/5 poll results against Rand Paul as VP are strange... [pinching myself - is this true?]

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    8/5 poll results against Rand Paul as VP are strange... [pinching myself - is this true?]
    Har, har.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Even more who voted in my poll oppose Rand being VP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wheres the "hell yea thats my dream ticket!" option?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There's something terribly wrong with the site software...

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Wheres the "hell yea thats my dream ticket!" option?
    Stop stepping on LE's lines
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

No way in hell. (Or earth)
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    There's something terribly wrong with the site software...

LOL, seriously out of rep to both of you
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

I really don't know why so many here are still so impressed with Rand. He knows the truth but failed to tell it loud and clear when he had the chance. Hopefully, he will change and choose truth over some vain hope of being accepted.

Trump and Hillary can have <insert name here> on ticket and I still wouldn't vote for them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because Trump seems like he takes advice well.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    I really don't know why so many here are still so impressed with Rand.
    It's because he's a dedicated libertarian doing his best to advance the cause in a terrible political environment.

...despite of all the resistance from behind from people such as yourself.

I wouldn't vote for Rand Paul w/ VP Trump , Jesus w/ VP Trump, my Dad w/ Trump ticket. If Trump is anywhere on the ticket, I will vote for the other guy

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I wouldn't vote for Rand Paul w/ VP Trump , Jesus w/ VP Trump, my Dad w/ Trump ticket. If Trump is anywhere on the ticket, I will vote for the other guy
    So you wouldn't vote for Ron Paul w/ VP Trump?

It's because he's a dedicated libertarian doing his best to advance the cause in a terrible political environment.

...despite of all the resistance from behind from people such as yourself.
    "Advance the cause"....I am not sure what the "advance" is if the person has to contradict and renounce the cause just to gain the authority to promote it.

Rand reached the status of US Senator. But what libertarian things has he really spoken of or done from that position? All I've seen is the typical conservative Ted Cruz or even Mitch McConnell type stuff. It's preferable to what a Democrat would do, but where is the benefit for Libertarianism? Just knowing one is there?

Meanwhile the concessions and compromises on libertarian topics just keep piling up. All the endorsements of and pandering to anti-libertarian people and ideas. Actual harm does come from these things. I'd rather not have to know a libertarian is involved in causing it.

It would be great if a true libertarian voice got to the mainstream national political stage but only if they can still be libertarian, and speak about and act upon libertarian ideas. What good are views and ideas anyway if they never have effect in reality? No point being or electing a secret libertarian. That's what Rand Paul would be as Trump's VP.

//
    Last edited by dannno; 06-14-2016 at 02:51 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast