Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: "March For Our Lives" in DC - Official Thread

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

ANTI FEDERALIST...

This thread got noticed.

POWERs THAT BEE...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    For the people who always say militias are obsolete:

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
    — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? [see link for complete quote]
    --Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

"The right [to bear arms] is general. It may be supposed from the phraseology of this provision that the right to keep and bear arms was only guaranteed to the militia; but this would be an interpretation not warranted by the intent. [See link for full quote]
    -- Thomas M. Cooley, General Principles of Constitutional Law, Third Edition [1898]

More quotes at link http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/quotes/arms.html

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    49??

Lol.. where did they get that statistic?

I wonder how many are teachers, I suspect the majority with more older women being school teachers nearing retirement. Democrat women nearing retirement concerned about pensions and Social Security support all Democrat causes combine that with post menopause authoritarian tendencies. Factor that with average ignorant young women buying more easily authoritarian propaganda and you have your average at 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    ANTI FEDERALIST...

This thread got noticed.

POWERs THAT BEE...

AF2
    ...???
    FB had
    Bernie ppl
    in itz FBjail
    this weekend...

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Video: "David Hogg says his attacks don't go far enough."

Actually he said: "No, I think it's not enough provoc."

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Switzerland is the only nation in the world that still has any sort of organized militia, and even it is not as organized as it once was (they train like, what, twice a year and it looks more like a community shooting competition, and afterwards they take their guns without bullets or magazines back home and put them in their closet for another 6 months). So one day, their militia will be gone as well.
    Another example of widespread ignorance of U.S. own history. From colonial times through the beginning of the 20th century, communities with some Swiss and/or German immigrants would have schuetzenfest. Think firemans picnics and homecomings that used to held on weekends everywhere from spring through fall. These were not merely shooting competitions but also swap meets and opportunities for gunsmiths to show off their latest innovations. They drove weapons technology forward. Up until WW1 it was likely the private gun owner had more advanced technology than the military.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Another example of widespread ignorance of U.S. own history. From colonial times through the beginning of the 20th century, communities with some Swiss and/or German immigrants would have schuetzenfest. Think firemans picnics and homecomings that used to held on weekends everywhere from spring through fall. These were not merely shooting competitions but also swap meets and opportunities for gunsmiths to show off their latest innovations. They drove weapons technology forward. Up until WW1 it was likely the private gun owner had more advanced technology than the military.

XNN
    Here's what a guy i've been arguing with states about militias and the second amendment:

That isn't the point of the 2nd Amendment especially when we have a standing army rather than a militia. Such a proposal allows all, including those who misuse weapons, to be armed with military weapons until the tragic fact of their actions.

BTW, Jefferson never said that people should arm themselves in order to become the last line of defense against Federal tyranny. He simply said people should be able to arm themselves to defend themselves on their own property. The 2nd Amendment itself talked about the right to bear arms in the context of the Militia. However, the Militia would be under the President's command, supplied and trained from funds supplied by Congress, and was to defend the nation against criminals, insurrection, and invasions. That is in The Constitution.

And if you read Federalist #29 and #46, you will find that the political structure of relying on the Militia rather than the standing army is what protected the citizens from a tyrannical Federal government. It was not arming each citizen that did that.

And the question becomes, once we rely on a standing army rather than the Militia, how do we protect against Federal Tyranny? It can't be by arming ourselves with the same weapons--there are too many ways in which we can't afford that. We have to rely on finding new people and political parties to vote for and on the Courts as they hold to The Constitution.
    I spent three weeks arguing with this guy about Russiagate. He is exhausting.

In a series of tweets late Thursday evening hog went after Arby’s for their advertising on Ingraham’s show. Hogg went as far as to publish the private names and emails of executives at Arby’s to pressure them into pulling their advertisements.
    The tweets have since been deleted but the screen grab above was captured by Business Insider.
    Multiple influential followers of Hogg followed suit, tweeting Arby’s executive board information.
    There has been no official statement yet from Arby’s on the issue.

More at: http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/30/af...st-food-chain/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

bump

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Obvious photoshop, those arms are like 10 times thicker than David Hogg's arms..

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Here's what a guy i've been arguing with states about militias and the second amendment:

I just read that...

"let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I am using that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Is he the real shooter?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

BTW, Jefferson never said that people should arm themselves in order to become the last line of defense against Federal tyranny. He simply said people should be able to arm themselves to defend themselves on their own property.

Jefferson was "simply" talking about property? Seems to me Jefferson was talking about government and a lot of other things. Here's some other quotes.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

“On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

“I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence … I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

"the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants."
    --Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith
    Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

http://tjrs.monticello.org/archive/search/quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Jefferson was "simply" talking about property? Seems to me Jefferson was talking about government and a lot of other things. Here's some other quotes.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.” – Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

“On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

“I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence … I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

"the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants."
    --Extract from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith
    Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

http://tjrs.monticello.org/archive/search/quotes

NorthCarolinaLiberty, thank you so much for sharing this. I wish i could rep+ you a thousand times over; one of the reasons I love this forum is because people here are so well read and I always learn when i come here. I copied/pasted these quotes last night when I saw them on your post right before going to sleep hoping they might open this guy's eyes a bit. I just looked to see if there was a response: the result is good and bad. He still is arguing against the second amendment however at least now he is not saying Thomas Jefferson was opposed to individuals carrying their arms off their property: so i think your post has definitely helped on that end!

Here are his more recent posts. I've responded to each one but, apparently, he remains unconvinced:

There is something else we should note about The Constitution, it was not written to limit federal power, but to expand it. It was written in response to widespread dissent and Shays Rebellion. In fact, when discussing the length of a Senator's term, Jame Madison argued that it should be long enough to make Senators somewhat invulnerable to popular opinion.

IN addition, during the discussions on what Senators could do, Madison expressed his dismay at elections in England being opened to all classes of people because such could bring agrarian reform.

We have a standing army instead of a Militia now. But to arm civilians with the same weapons as the military would put all of us at risk of our fellow citizens. As technology makes the individual more powerful, it also makes the individual more vulnerable.

The way to battle Federal tyranny is through peaceful non-cooperation and reliance on the courts.
    Look at history. Because of The Constitution, the Federal government could better respond to rebellions like Shays Rebellion. It could not beforehand.

There is nothing astonishing in my claim. Just follow the Constitution as it talks about the Militia. Federal power is expanded, not diminished by The Constitution. Just look at the 2nd Amendment. It is written in the context of maintaining a well-regulated militia. But that Militia is put under the command of the President with one of its purposes being to put down insurrections. Or look at the Constitutional debates, especially about eh Senate. There, Madison argued that the Senate must be protected from popular opinion.

Yes, governments are responsible for a lot of deaths. But trying to arm yourself like the military does invites the kind of attention from government that increases the chances that you become part of the stats you're citing. You simply can't compete with the government in armament nor should you. Those who wrote The Constitution could not see how technology makes the individual both more powerful and more vulnerable. And comparing that to the internet and the first Amendment does not employ a good comparison for your argument. Tell me how free speech exercised on the internet poses the same danger to others as someone who owns his/her own RPG, Bazooka, Tank, Fighter Jet, Missile or bomb, and I won't even include any nuclear weapons to give you a sporting chance.
    I read what you wrote, but the same person who wrote The Constitution wrote the Bill of Rights along with Federalist #46 and his fellow Federalist wrote Federalist #29. Along with the fact that the Bill of Rights is based on Virginia's Declaration of Rights. So those documents come into play when trying to interpret what the 2nd Amendment means.

And, btw, that the Militia is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment means that the military is mentioned in the Bill of Rights.

Finally, I don't care if you think this is going in circles. What I care about is that we not only read The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, we read the other pertinent documents that provide the context for The Constitution and the Bill of Rights so we can better understand them.

I've always understood that the Bill of Rights were rights given by our Creator which cannot be taken away by government and by which our government was responsible for protecting. That the Bill of Rights have nothing to do with government rights or the enumerated powers... that they were beyond the enumerated powers and created for an even greater check to prevent government tyranny. These are rights for the people and individuals, not the government. The military is part of the common defense within the enumerated powers. However "Curt" argues that the militia mentioned in the second amendment is the federal military. I've explained to him my understanding as written in this paragraph, that the militia mentioned in the second amendment is not the federal military and that this is supported by the following in Federalist #46:

" Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men."

"To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it."

Federalist 46

Unfortunately my argument seems unable to convince him. Not sure anything else can be said.

The way to battle Federal tyranny is through peaceful non-cooperation and reliance on the courts.

Unfortunately my argument seems unable to convince him. Not sure anything else can be said.
    He argues like a Big Government Statist.

We have a standing army instead of a Militia now. But to arm civilians with the same weapons as the military would put all of us at risk of our fellow

citizens
    Weapons most civilians have are not in the same class as weapons of the Military. What is the risk? Is it greater than Democide that millions have died at the hands of their own governments? To think it cant happen here is arrogant and not founded in history. People being armed is a check on government power.

As technology makes the individual more powerful, it also makes the individual more vulnerable.
    As the government becomes more powerful it makes the individual more vulnerable.So to make individuals less vulnerable he wants to make the government more powerful. That always works out great. The technology is available to all individuals to make them less vulnerable, unless the government denies them the technology or makes them a criminal.

Tyranny is rule of man or a small group of men. Courts only work for everyone when there is rule of law. An unarmed populace makes it very easy and will pave the way for rule of men.

But trying to arm yourself like the military does invites the kind of attention from government that increases the chances that you become part of the stats you're citing.
    Only if that individual violates another's right to life, liberty or property. Otherwise an honest government of the people by the people it serves should not be concerned.

You simply can't compete with the government in armament nor should you. Those who wrote The Constitution could not see how technology makes the individual both more powerful and more vulnerable.
    They saw that the biggest threat to the individual is the state. That is still true today. The tools are more advanced because the state has more advanced weapons as well. What the government has in superior technology is checked by the people's self defense tools in overwhelming numbers, all over the entire country.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Several months prior?!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Several months prior?!?!?!!?
    Yup, a lot of things had to be lined up. Some up them didn't. The most important thing is we did it!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast