Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian Jet Downs US Drone

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I took 25 hours of flight lessons when I was in the Marines in a small Cessna. My instructor always cautioned me to land far behind the F/A 18s because of the wake turbulence. I was always curious how bad it could interfere with flight, but I never tested it for obvious reasons lol. I can be crazy, but not that crazy.
    This is quite a good summary of wake turbulence;
    https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publ...section_4.html

I don't know if F/A-18's are particularly more dangerous with wake turbulence but being a Cessna 152 or 172 or so, you're one of the smaller planes around and landing is one of the critical phases, so yes you would also maintain proper clearance to reduce risks as much as possible. As you most likely know, a small risk with a little bit of complacency can end in death. So even if the wake of the F/A-18 isn't that bad, it doesn't hurt that you're 'extra' safe.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Story doesn't say the jet was supersonic, given that it was dumping fuel in front of the drone, I'd say it was speed matching. That also makes a collision more likely.
    Believe me, it doesn't take an SU-27 long to pick up speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Was not shot down.

Russian jet hit it's propeller, knocking it down... probably by accident.

The UAV was providing Ukraine with military services in the field of war.

US has no leg to stand on here.

Cost: 56 million USD.

https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-She...0/mq-9-reaper/
    56 million? Good googley moogley! It's basically a fancy remote controlled prop airplane. That's why China's selling more military drones than the U.S.

See 9:30 in.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Right.

MODS, please amend title to "Downs US Drone"
    I think you can edit your own titles if you click 'go advanced' when editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think you can edit your own titles if you click 'go advanced' when editing.
    Yes, but I think there's a time limit.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The media is trying to spin this now saying the drone was crashed on purpouse by US forces.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    56 million?
    Yeah. I got whiplash with the double take I did with that figure. I have become jaded with reading outrageous costs. The cost for that drone really stands out. Someone is grifting pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Right.

MODS, please amend title to "Downs US Drone"
    To ensure moderators see requests such as this, the relevant post should be flagged using the "Report Post" function (via the triangular icon at the bottom of the post). Otherwise, the request might not be seen or noticed.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    To ensure moderators see requests such as this, the relevant post should be flagged using the "Report Post" function (via the triangular icon at the bottom of the post). Otherwise, the request might not be seen or noticed.
    That's weird. I flag the at least 50 posts a day, and all the mods do is tell me to knock it off or I'll get banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's weird. I flag the at least 50 posts a day, and all the mods do is tell me to knock it off or I'll get banned
    Well, I only said the mods would be sure to see the requests if you flag them.

I didn't say anything about what they would or wouldn't do about it.

(And actually, it's more like only 30 posts a day, so quit exaggerating.)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Russia Shoots Down US Drone, Escalating Fears of Hot War. Plus, David Sacks Argues SVB “Bailouts” Averted Financial Meltdown | SYSTEM UPDATE #55
    "A Russian jet collides with and knocks out of the sky a US drone over the Black Sea, highlighting ongoing escalation dangers from Ukraine war. Plus: Silicon Valley Bank bailout advocate @DavidSacks:" -- Glenn Greenwald
    https://rumble.com/v2d4va4--system-update-55.html

CLIP:

Russia Takes Down US Drone, Escalating Fears of Hot War | SYSTEM UPDATE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29kZjKzzljs

To be fair, there should be a running tab of damages. So far:

- Russia owes $53 million to the US for an over priced airplane.
    - The Biden Admin owes ~ $14.3 billion to Russia, and $5.5 billion to assorted European energy companies for the Nord Stream pipelines.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

US releases video showing Russian fighter jet colliding with American drone
    https://notthebee.com/article/us-rel...american-drone
    NTB Staff (16 March 2023)

The Pentagon's European Command just released this video showing a Russian Su-27 fighter jet colliding with the propeller of a U.S. MQ-9 reaper drone, forcing it down:

https://twitter.com/itsNTBmedia/stat...17825630449670

From the US Air Force:

Two Russian Su-27 aircraft conducted an unsafe and unprofessional intercept with a U.S. Air Force intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance unmanned MQ-9 aircraft operating within international airspace over the Black Sea on March 14, 2023. Russian Su-27s dumped fuel upon and struck the propeller of the MQ-9, causing U.S. forces to have to bring the MQ-9 down in international waters.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-16-2023 at 08:05 AM.

The Pentagon's European Command just released this video showing a Russian Su-27 fighter jet colliding with the propeller of a U.S. MQ-9 reaper drone, forcing it down:

https://twitter.com/itsNTBmedia/stat...13095504113664
    That's pretty awesome to watch I must admit.

Here we are marking targets for Ukraine with our drones, and Russia is coming up with creative ways to try to take our drone down without using weapons.

IMO Putin has shown incredible restraint in the face of NATO's antics. If he wanted to expand this war he's had numerous opportunities to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

From the US Air Force:

Two Russian Su-27 aircraft conducted an unsafe and unprofessional intercept with a U.S. Air Force intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance unmanned MQ-9 aircraft operating within international airspace over the Black Sea on March 14, 2023. Russian Su-27s dumped fuel upon and struck the propeller of the MQ-9, causing U.S. forces to have to bring the MQ-9 down in international waters.
    Is it just me, or does it appear that the propeller is still intact after they flew by?

Edit: there's a second jet, propeller looks damaged after the second one.. I thought the second one was just a slow mo of the first one.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-16-2023 at 08:01 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is it just me, or does it appear that the propeller is still intact after they flew by?
    I thought the same.

And additionally, I can't figure out how the SU-27 could have struck the propeller without impacting one or both of the vertical stabilizers...

From the US Air Force:

How shameful is US policy that the downing of a US drone appears to be a victory for justice. The MIC is unqualifiedly demonic and serves the devil, I will rejoice when it is destroyed in the flames of hell.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I thought the same.

And additionally, I can't figure out how the SU-27 could have struck the propeller without impacting one or both of the vertical stabilizers...
    Does look like the propeller sustained some damage after the second jet, I thought that was just a slowmo of the first jet.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would have been a cool video if the first one dumped fuel and then the second one hit the afterbuner and lit up the drone. Yeah I know waste of tax dollars and all, but we do the same stupid $#@! to the Russians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12