Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Congresswoman: "Taxation Is Theft"

Thumbs up New Congresswoman: "Taxation Is Theft"

Good things are going to come from her and Majorie Greene!

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a dangerous thought because of its implications.
    If this premise is accepted, what will be the proper term for gummit leaders who spend "stolen money"... (hint, it start with t)

Thoughts like this could put almost all of GOPA/DOPA leadership and followership of current/past decades in very terrible light.

Lowering taxes? For who?

Repealing tax cuts? for who?

I think a Flat Tax would demonstrate how terrible taxes are. Neither side will advocate for it though because it will show just how much a burden taxes really are. Neither side wants that in order to keep government (and the two party system) alive. The tax code is a selective burden where the government decides who wins and who loses.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 11-29-2020 at 11:08 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Imagine if everybody in the Congress had that philosophy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Lowering taxes? For who?

Repealing tax cuts? for who?

I think a Flat Tax would demonstrate how terrible taxes are. Neither side will advocate for it though because it will show just how much a burden taxes really are. Neither side wants that in order to keep government (and the two party system) alive. The tax code is a selective burden where the government decides who wins and who loses.
    I'm all for a simple capitation tax if we must have taxes. That would be the only true "flat" or "fair" tax.

Was there supposed to be a link here?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Good things are going to come from her and Majorie Greene!

Lauren Boebert @laurenboebert

SALUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    I'm all for a simple capitation tax if we must have taxes. That would be the only true "flat" or "fair" tax.
    But what exactly would be taxed?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But what exactly would be taxed?
    People? Everyone above a certain threshold (poverty level) would be taxed $2500/yr (or whatever was necessary). No corporate taxes, no meddling in your affairs or transactions, no tariffs, and none of that "selective-burden" you mentioned. The only thing the gov't needs to know is if you make more than poverty level.

At least that's what I would do if we must still have a gov't.

People? Everyone above a certain threshold (poverty level) would be taxed $2500/yr (or whatever was necessary). No corporate taxes, no meddling in your affairs or transactions, no tariffs, and none of that "selective-burden" you mentioned. The only thing the gov't needs to know is if you make more than poverty level.

I think whatever thing/item is taxed it should be proportional. Say, 25% across the board regardless. Something like an Excise Tax maybe.

I wonder if she thinks that tariffs are theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I wonder if she thinks that tariffs are theft.
    Doesn't everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    Doesn't everyone?
    No
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    No
    As I see it, Sally (in country A) is conducting business peacefully and voluntarily with Jose (in country B). A 3rd party demands a portion of the sale or else they will lnflict violence and suffering on one of the parties.

This sounds to me like extortion, aka robbery, aka theft.

This sounds like what organized crime does, aka the mafia.

It also sounds like what government does.

Hmm, does that make government simply the largest mafia in a given geographical area?

But wait! The government provides security, protection, services....

So does the mafia... until you cross them.

hmm...

I think whatever thing/item is taxed it should be proportional. Say, 25% across the board regardless. Something like an Excise Tax maybe.
    Our Income tax is an Excise Tax, wrongfully enforced as a direct tax.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-29-2020 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Out Income tax is an Excise Tax, wrongfully enforced as a direct tax.
    The only direct taxes (in the constitutionl sense) are capitations and taxes on the ownership of property, and the income tax and its enforcement are neither.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why? Then you have to keep tabs on whatever good or service is taxed. And are you saying 25% of all goods and services?

I'm talking about a very flat tax. If you're a citizen, over 18, and make enough money, you pay your $2500 (or whatever) and that's it. It should be enough revenue for a Constitutional federal government, the tax-collection apparatus would be profoundly reduced, and there would be so much less meddling in our lives and businesses.

Business, then, would flourish like nowhere else! No other country could compete! Every business in the world would want to be here.

Why? Then you have to keep tabs on whatever good or service is taxed. And are you saying 25% of all goods and services?

I'm talking about a very flat tax. If you're a citizen, over 18, and make enough money, you pay your $2500 (or whatever) and that's it. It should be enough revenue for a Constitutional federal government, the tax-collection apparatus would be profoundly reduced, and there would be so much less meddling in our lives and businesses.

Business, then, would flourish like nowhere else! No other country could compete! Every business in the world would want to be here.
    I think it should be proportional so the burden is felt proportionally. 25% of my income is 25% of Jeff Bezos, we'd both have the same proportion in the game. $2500 means nothing to a lot of people but means a lot more to others. Perhaps that could be an incentive to earn more?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Out Income tax is an Excise Tax, wrongfully enforced as a direct tax.
    So, the a VAT Tax? a Flat VAT Tax?

So, the a VAT Tax? a Flat VAT Tax?
    Well, if one believes we need some sort of tax to fund the federal government, I'd say make it tariffs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Lauren Boebert @laurenboebert

SALUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    Yeah this is the first I heard of her, and she’s cute too.

I think it should be proportional so the burden is felt proportionally. 25% of my income is 25% of Jeff Bezos, we'd both have the same proportion in the game. $2500 means nothing to a lot of people but means a lot more to others. Perhaps that could be an incentive to earn more?
    Sure, it's more of a burden to some than others, but that should be irrelevant. When you pay taxes, you're essentially paying for government services (military, courts, etc.). Now, any other time you're paying for goods or services, do they ask what is your income? Do you pay $10 for a 6-pack but Jeff Bezos pays $50,000? Of course not. That's why a percentage doesn't make any sense to me.

And yes! I think it's a wonderful incentive to get to keep more and more of your money as your income increases, instead of losing more and more.

As I see it, Sally (in country A) is conducting business peacefully and voluntarily with Jose (in country B). A 3rd party demands a portion of the sale or else they will lnflict violence and suffering on one of the parties.

This sounds to me like extortion, aka robbery, aka theft.

This sounds like what organized crime does, aka the mafia.

It also sounds like what government does.

Hmm, does that make government simply the largest mafia in a given geographical area?

But wait! The government provides security, protection, services....

So does the mafia... until you cross them.

hmm...
    Lol at your pre MAGA thought
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Yeah this is the first I heard of her, and she’s cute too.
    I think she's the same woman who told Beto Hell no you won't take my gun.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I think she's the same woman who told Beto Hell no you won't take my gun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 10.16.53 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	414.9 KB 
ID:	7842
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

She looks to be a snazzy little gal. I'd like to pay her restaurant a visit next time I trek through Colorado.

She looks to be a snazzy little gal. I'd like to pay her restaurant a visit next time I trek through Colorado.

Ya, I think most of the staff carries a pistol.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Sure, it's more of a burden to some than others, but that should be irrelevant. When you pay taxes, you're essentially paying for government services (military, courts, etc.). Now, any other time you're paying for goods or services, do they ask what is your income? Do you pay $10 for a 6-pack but Jeff Bezos pays $50,000? Of course not. That's why a percentage doesn't make any sense to me.

And yes! I think it's a wonderful incentive to get to keep more and more of your money as your income increases, instead of losing more and more.
    A straight flat percentage. Say 15% on you, and 15% on me. We're each taxed the same proportion of the pie. Wouldn't matter what income differences we have we'd both being paying the same proportion. I use income as an example, as I think that should be abolished. I'm stuck on what do you tax if we go to a flat tax? Sales? Income? Hard assets? all of it together? Overseas accounts?

This is where I go down the rabbit hole and realize that this would be a huge boon for the FED if/when they decide to implement the FED Coin to ledger our transactions on the blockchain.

That's a perverse disincentive to keep someone at the edge of the poverty level from crossing over into productive society. Let's say the poverty cutoff is $25,000 per year. So I go from zero taxes to $2,500? And there is still "meddling in your affairs" because there is still a yearly income report.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Doesn't everyone?
    Not our Founders. Unless one is an ancap, there is a role for tariffs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast