Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump embarrassed, mad after supporting Strange's losing bid, reports say

Trump embarrassed, mad after supporting Strange's losing bid, reports say

Trump embarrassed, mad after supporting Strange's losing bid, reports say

President Donald Trump is embarrassed and angry after Luther Strange lost the GOP Senate runoff Tuesday night, despite an all-out effort on his behalf by the White House, reports say.

Citing sources close to the president, CNN said Trump expressed his anger at his political team and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who helped for helping consolidate support behind Strange, who was appointed to the Senate after Jeff Sessions was named U.S. Attorney General. Trump tweeted his endorsement of Strange in the weeks leading up to the Republican runoff with former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, even appearing at a rally on "Big Luther's" behalf last week.

It wasn't enough on election night, with Moore winning 63 of Alabama's 67 counties.

Trump "knew (backing Strange) was a mistake but it was one he was willing to make because Luther was loyal," a senior White House official told CNN. The president went to bed "embarrassed and pissed," after the loss, another said.

Trump tweeted his congratulation to Moore Tuesday night and shortly afterwards began deleting his earlier pro-Strange tweets.

Earlier Tuesday, reports emerged that Trump regretted backing Strange, saying he didn't have a lot of charisma or energy on the campaign trail and the president was concerned he had linked himself to a losing candidate.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...rt_river_index
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CNN citing anonymous sources close to the president. Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    CNN citing anonymous sources close to the president. Seems legit.
    Yeah, well I'm sure he's thrilled he got his ass handed to him politically for the first time. MAGA.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, well I'm sure he's thrilled he got his ass handed to him politically for the first time. MAGA.
    He got tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    He got tired of winning.
    Campaign promise fulfilled. He should spin it that way.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

CNN said Trump expressed his anger at his political team and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who helped for helping consolidate support behind Strange
    When's this guy gonna learn that McConnell and McCain and all the rest are no more his "friend" than Maxine Waters or Chucky Schumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    When's this guy gonna learn that McConnell and McCain and all the rest are no more his "friend" than Maxine Waters or Chucky Schumer.
    About the time he stops being controlled opposition.

Unless and until then, they are his friends. Playacting not withstanding.

I just find it interesting that the U.S. has become such a gaggle of conformist libertines that someone named Strange can't get elected, but any number of people named Wiener can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

That's pretty creepy.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That's pretty creepy.
    Creepy, yes. Pretty? No.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Trumps base wanted Moore and Moore is 100% MAGA agenda, unbeholden to the establishment swamp. Trump wins.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Trumps base wanted Moore and Moore is 100% MAGA agenda, unbeholden to the establishment swamp. Trump wins.
    Despite all the evidence that trump doesn't really support MAGA.

So, Trump is embarrassed and mad that Trump won.

Now tell us again how he isn't controlled opposition. We just never get tired of hearing it...

btw, BBC is trying to spin this as a GOP divided against itself and preparing to bleed votes to the Democrats next year. Anyone believe that?

Ok dannno.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, Trump is embarrassed and mad that Trump won.

Now tell us again how he isn't controlled opposition. We just never get tired of hearing it...

btw, BBC is trying to spin this as a GOP divided against itself and preparing to bleed votes to the Democrats next year. Anyone believe that?
    I don't believe much out of the mythical land of Britannia, much less from her Official Story™ spin doctors.

They're still confused by crop circles.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump at a rally on Friday: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._he_loses.html

"I might have made a mistake and I'll be honest I might have made a mistake," Trump told the crowd at the rally. "If Luther doesn't win, they're not going to say we picked up 25 points in a very short period of time. They're going to say 'Donald Trump, the president of the United States, was unable to pull his candidate across the line. It is a terrible, terrible moment for Trump. This is total embarrassment'."

"I mean, these are bad people!"

Trump praised Moore as a good man and said to Strange, "I have to say this, if his opponent wins, I'm going to be here campaigning like hell for him."

"But I have to say this, and you understand this and just look at the polls, Luther will definitely win," Trump said.

"Roy has a very good chance of not winning in the general election. It's all about the general. Don't forget, we don't stop here. You have an election coming up the day this is over. So this is over on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning, the new race begins. You've got to beat a Democrat. Luther is going to win easily and Roy's going to have a hard time winning. But I will be backing him if he wins. I will be backing him, OK? I'll tell you that," Trump hedged.
    Luther lost.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-27-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Despite all the evidence that trump doesn't really support MAGA.
    Quite possible. He didn't throw a ladder to the MAGA people when he was filling his cabinet. He let Reince do the hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

<Some dumb$#@! gif to deflect from the idiocracy of his God Emporer>
    Lol. Give it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol. Give it up man.
    Give what up? This thread is retarded. I don't mind it being posted, but who the hell cares? Trump doesn't have the time to get in the weeds and figure out all these little primary races out, and it turns out this one didn't really matter but he got into it anyway.. but it had no affect on anything, so at this point what difference does it make?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Give what up? This thread is retarded. I don't mind it being posted, but who the hell cares? Trump doesn't have the time to get in the weeds and figure out all these little primary races out, and it turns out this one didn't really matter but he got into it anyway.. but it had no affect on anything, so at this point what difference does it make?
    You are right- Trump should do more homework before he dives off into some issue. But he does that all of the time. That is Donald being Donald.

Your continued support for a $#@!tard. If he doesn't have time to get in the weeds then he needs to stay the hell out of it.

Your continued support for a $#@!tard. If he doesn't have time to get in the weeds then he needs to stay the hell out of it.
    What support?? I just said it was retarded, because it is, not due to any support I have or don't have.

Second sentence is also dumb, Trump does need to put some effort into getting people in congress who aren't deep state so he can actually accomplish some things. It just sounds like this one was a waste of time, however, he didn't really waste any time to speak, maybe whatever it takes to type out a tweet or two, thus it is a non-issue.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he doesn't have time to get in the weeds then he needs to stay the hell out of it.
    or consider replacing the people giving him bad advice with people that supported his campaign agenda and still are supporting it.

What support?? I just said it was retarded, because it is, not due to any support I have or don't have.

Second sentence is also dumb, Trump does need to put some effort into getting people in congress who aren't deep state so he can actually accomplish some things. It just sounds like this one was a waste of time, however, he didn't really waste any time to speak, maybe whatever it takes to type out a tweet or two, thus it is a non-issue.
    Every time Trumps screws the pooch you try to explain away using some kinda Cernovich/Molyneux/Jones bull$#@!. Deny it all you want. I don't know why you even come to these forums anymore. Even the majority of Trump humpers have moved on after there mission was accomplished.

Um. My video is from a speech he flew into town to make. It wasn't a tweet. He has been busy deleting the tweets he did send. I think you jumped into the weeds before checking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.15e4376147fe

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — President Trump spent the first 25 minutes of a Friday night campaign rally explaining and defending his decision to endorse the Republican establishment’s pick for the Alabama Senate race.

Then, he basically took it all back.

“I might have made a mistake. I’ll be honest, I might have made a mistake,” Trump told a crowd of several thousand gathered at the Von Braun Center that cheered much louder for him than for the candidate he was there to support, Sen. Luther Strange, who was appointed earlier this year to fill the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    Prominent Republican leaders aggressively lobbied the president to travel to Alabama to campaign with Strange, something that Trump himself said was a great risk. He was greeted by a full house of supporters, many of whom stayed on their feet during the entire rally, laughing at his jokes and cheering his attacks on political and foreign adversaries.

The president's rambling speech lasted nearly 90 minutes. He repeatedly cursed, mocked the leader of North Korea, jokingly threatened to fire a Cabinet member who endorsed Moore, called on professional football team owners to fire players who kneel during the national anthem, promised to build a new “see-through wall” on the southern border, called allegations of Russian interference in the election a “hoax,” accused unions of protecting “sadists” who abuse elderly veterans, and repeatedly relived the 2016 election.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-27-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Do tell how is this bad for President Trump? All President Trump did was give a speech and send out a few tweets, literally nothing invested. The lying corrupt media will try to spin anything against President Trump. If President Trump had endorsed Moore, the media stories would be how Moore is racist bigoted anti gay anti immigrant, and another example of racist President Trump. Even the CNN source admits that President Trump expected Strange to lose before the election. So the expected happened, and you think now he's upset, what he knew would happen happened...
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Do tell how is this bad for President Trump? All President Trump did was give a speech and send out a few tweets, literally nothing invested. The lying corrupt media will try to spin anything against President Trump. If President Trump had endorsed Moore, the media stories would be how Moore is racist bigoted anti gay anti immigrant, and another example of racist President Trump. Even the CNN source admits that President Trump expected Strange to lose before the election. So the expected happened, and you think now he's upset, what he knew would happen happened...
    Or, you know, don't open your gob about the situation. An "I'm sure the fine people of Alabama, the many, many fine people of Alabama, tremendous people, will choose who best represents them" would have probably sufficed.

Do tell how is this bad for President Trump?
    Is this a serious question?

All President Trump did was give a speech and send out a few tweets, literally nothing invested.
    That's an interesting spin. Trump flew himself and Pence all the way to Alabama and set up rallies that cost millions. And pushed all over the news for people to back Luther. How has a president ever invested more? They don't knock on doors.

Trump's candidate won 4 out of 67 counties proving a Donald Trump endorsement doesn't amount to $#@!. He pretended he didn't know Roy's name but now he does.

The lying corrupt media will try to spin anything against President Trump. If President Trump had endorsed Moore, the media stories would be how Moore is racist bigoted anti gay anti immigrant, and another example of racist President Trump.
    Lol, well he's endorsed him now. So he's labeled that way as well as endorsing a squishy loser to please McConnell. He didn't have to endorse anybody, now he's endorsed both.
    Even the CNN source admits that President Trump expected Strange to lose before the election.
    So the expected happened, and you think now he's upset, what he knew would happen happened...
    You don't get it. Trump thought flying to Alabama would turn the tide. He was dead wrong, his ego blinded him. Afterwards he saw the polls the day before the election and saw the Alabama voters didn't care about his opinion. On election day Roy did better than people thought he would even before Trump threw his full weight against him.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast