Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Former Russian Spy In Critical Condition After Exposure To "Unknown Substance"

Russia has reiterated concerns that the daughter of an ex-Russian spy poisoned in Salisbury is being ‘held against her own’ will, after she gave her first appearance since leaving hospital.

‘We are glad to have seen Yulia Skripal alive and well. The statement she read out contains new information. However, the video shown only strengthens our concerns as to the conditions in which she is being held’, the Embassy confirmed in a statement.

‘Obviously, Yulia was reading a pre-written text. More than that, judging by quite a few elements, the text was a translation from English and had been initially written by a native English-speaker. The handwritten letters signed by Yulia in Russian and English confirm this impression.
    ‘With all respect for Yulia’s privacy and security, this video does not discharge the UK authorities from their obligations under Consular Conventions.
    ‘The UK is obliged to give us the opportunity to speak to Yulia directly in order to make sure that she is not held against her own will and is not speaking under pressure. So far, we have every reason to suspect the opposite.’

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-cl...080620960.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the category strange news, Sergei’s niece Viktoria Skripal disclosed that:
    At the end of February, Yulia received a general power of attorney from her father Sergei in order to take ownership of a secret bank account that belonged to her late brother Alexander.
    After his divorce, his wife Natalia paid him $200,000 USD, and he kept this money. It is in a Russian bank now.
    The poisoning was first reported on 4 March...

Yulia Skripal had collected the proceeds from a house sale in Britain, which belonged to her brother Alexander who died in mysterious circumstances in St Petersburg aged 43.
    Alexander had shared the house in Britain with his ex-wife, Natalia, who was also the daughter of a GRU military intelligence colonel (GRU is the name for the “Russian KGB”).

Here’s another picture of the “old” Yulia Skripal (in a rear instance without glasses); maybe with her brother or boyfriend (that didn’t visit her in hospital)...
    Am I the only one to think that she looks very different (better) in the video than in some of the pictures?

Viktoria repeatedly spoke about her concerns on Yulia’s mysterious unnamed boyfriend, who she had intended to wed: http://wsbuzz.com/world-news/yulia-s...-bank-account/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    In the category strange news, Sergei’s niece Viktoria Skripal disclosed that:
    The poisoning was first reported on 4 March...

Yulia Skripal had collected the proceeds from a house sale in Britain, which belonged to her brother Alexander who died in mysterious circumstances in St Petersburg aged 43.
    Alexander had shared the house in Britain with his ex-wife, Natalia, who was also the daughter of a GRU military intelligence colonel (GRU is the name for the “Russian KGB”).

Here’s another picture of the “old” Yulia Skripal (in a rear instance without glasses); maybe with her brother or boyfriend (that didn’t visit her in hospital)...
    Am I the only one to think that she looks very different (better) in the video than in some of the pictures?

Viktoria repeatedly spoke about her concerns on Yulia’s mysterious unnamed boyfriend, who she had intended to wed: http://wsbuzz.com/world-news/yulia-s...-bank-account/
    It doesn't look like the same woman to me either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Chemical weapons expert: Novichok decontamination was just a theatre

Beside that he says that many experts doubt that Novichok was even used. He reminds that only the US is still in possession of the chemical weapons (2000 tons).

Also he reminds that according one of the Novichok (Foliant) developers the agent is very unstable so the most dubious part of the whole story is that UK officials decided to remove benches, pavements etc. after 5 weeks.

He insists that in the case of Novichok poisoning victims wouldn't be able to survive.

Article in Czech:

https://www.novinky.cz/domaci/473216...ky-expert.html

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Russia has discovered the fountain of youth!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the latest disinformation ploy on 30 May Russian, lying journalist Arkady Babchencko was pronounced death. Including a (fake) story, fake photos of the corpse and arrest of the suspect…

Then on 31 May, Babchencko appeared alive and well in a press conference with Ukanian President Petro Poroshenko (on the left).

Babchencko explained his motives in playing along in staging his own death, as follows:
    I am sorry you had to experience it. But there was no other way.
    Special apologies to my wife. Olechka, I am sorry, but there were no options here.
    The operation took two months to prepare. I was told a month ago. As a result of the operation, one person has been captured, he is being held.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...assassination/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

German media reports that the German government has zero evidence from the British authorities that could back London’s claims that Moscow was behind the poisoning of the Skripals
    More than three months since the start of the probe into the poisoning of former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, RT reports that the UK is still conspicuously tight-lipped when it comes to any real evidence that could prove its accusations against Russia.
    This week, the German government informed a parliamentary oversight committee during a closed hearing that it still has not received any evidence suggesting that Russia might well be behind the incident that took place in early March, German TV station RBB reports.
    “It is [still] only known that the poison used in the attack was a nerve agent called Novichok, which was once produced in the Soviet Union,” Michael Goetschenberg, a correspondent of German ARD and an expert on security services, told RBB, commenting on the results of the hearing, which he is familiar with.
    Apart from this information, which was released by the British authorities soon after the incident, no new data on Russia’s alleged implication in this case was provided to Germany so far, he added.
    German intelligence has also found no Russian trace in this case so far, Goetschenberg said.
    “The BND, Germany’s foreign intelligence… has also contacted its own sources and tried to verify the information [about Russia’s potential involvement] in some way,” he told RBB, adding that it eventually failed to find any evidence pointing to Moscow as well.
    Russia has categorically denied any involvement, and has complained that the victims were not allowed visits by Russian lawyers and diplomats, and the results of the investigation were kept secret. The Russian envoy to the UK has on several occasions alleged that London was even trying to “destroy” evidence in the probe.
    Just days ago, Scotland Yard said it was still following multiple leads in the investigation, adding that it still “cannot discuss the results at this stage.” The probe has already cost £7.5 million ($10 million) to British taxpayers, according to the region’s police and crime commissioner.
    Meanwhile, both Sergei and Yulia Skripal have been released from the hospital, seemingly no worse for the attampted assassination using the world's most deadly nerve agent.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...soned-skripals

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a recent blog, Craig Murray, the former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan, linked to a very interesting piece by Paul Gregory that appeared in Forbes in January 2017. Mr Gregory is Professor of Economics at Houston University, and research fellow at both the Hoover Institution and the German Institute for Economic Research, and he also has extensive knowledge about Russia and the Soviet Union. Here’s what he had to say about the so-called Trump Dossier, just a few days after it was published by Buzzfeed:

“As someone who has worked for more than a decade with the microfilm collection of Soviet documents in the Hoover Institution Archives, I can say that the dossier itself was compiled by a Russian, whose command of English is far from perfect and who follows the KGB (now FSB) practice of writing intelligence reports, in particular the practice of capitalizing all names for easy reference. It was written, in my opinion, not by an ex-British intelligence officer but by a Russian trained in the KGB tradition [my emphasis].”
    Now, we know that there is a link between the apparent author of the Trump Dossier, Christopher Steele and Mr Skripal’s MI6 recruiter and handler, Pablo Miller. And we know that Miller and Skripal met regularly. Not only this, but we also know that there is a direct link between Steele and Skripaldating back to the late 1990s, early 2000s. There is, then, a clear link between the man credited (if that be the right word) with writing the Dossier, and a certain ex-Russian intelligence officer, who would have been trained in the KGB tradition (he was actually in the GRU), living in Salisbury. In fact, the Daily Telegraph helpfully pointed out this connection a day before the Government slapped a D-notice on reporting on the issue.
    But is there another clue? I think there is. By itself, it would mean nothing, but it is an interesting possibility in connection with what I have just stated.
    According to the Czech magazine, Respekt, Mr Skripal had links with Czech Intelligence. This included a meeting in Prague back in 2012, but there were also subsequent meetings where Czech Intelligence officers came to meet with him in Britain. We are not told when or where this took place, suffice it to say that there was an ongoing connection.
    If we then turn to the Trump Dossier itself, we find this in the sections dated August and October 2016:
    “Kremlin insider reports TRUMP lawyer COHEN’s secret meeting/s with Kremlin officials in August 2016 was/were held in Prague.
    We reported previously (2016/135 and /136) on secret meeting/s held in Prague, Czech Republic in August 2016 between then Republican presidential candidate Donald TRUMP’s representative, Michael COHEN and his interlocutors from the Kremlin working under cover of Russian NGO Rossotrudnichestvo…
    Speaking to a compatriot and friend on 19 October 2016, a Kremlin insider provided further details of reported clandestine meeting/s between Republican presidential candidate, Donald TRUMP’s lawyer Michael COHEN and Kremlin representatives in August 2016. Although the communication between them had to be cryptic for security reasons, the Kremlin insider clearly indicated to his/ her friend that the reported contact/s took place in Prague, Czech Republic.”
    Mr Cohen has of course vehemently denied this claim, saying that he has never been to Prague. Whether he has or hasn’t is not for me to say, but it is in any case irrelevant to the point I am making. That point is this: Sergei Skripal had what looks like extensive connections with Czech Intelligence, and claims – whether true or false –, which presumably came from Czech sources, are found in the Trump Dossier.
    Putting these three things together – the Steele/Miller/Skripal connection; the Czech claims in the Dossier; and the emphatic claim made by Paul Gregory that the Dossier itself was compiled by a Russian “trained in the KGB tradition” – then you can begin to see where this might be pointing.
    Now, you’d think from the way the BBC and others have reported on Mr Skripal that he was just some old chap enjoying his retirement in the quiet city of Salisbury, where he was in the habit of frequenting local restaurants and pottering about in his garden. Yet his continued work for British Intelligence, which saw him travelling to the Czech Republic and Estonia in 2016 to meet with intelligence officers, paints a somewhat different picture. Also, remember this is a man who once sold out hundreds of his fellow countrymen in the late 1990s and early 2,000s for filthy lucre. The fact that he continued to work for British Intelligence after being settled in Salisbury suggests not only that there was not what you might call deep repentance, but also presents the possibility that he continued to be lured by the promise of cash.

And so one wonders whether the man who was bought for a price by MI6 back in the 1990s might have still been buyable after he settled in Salisbury. Might Steele, who had been commissioned by Fusion GPS on behalf of the Democrats to put together some dirt on Donald Trump, have asked Skripal to cobble something together? Might Skripal have used his contacts in places like the Czech Republic and Estonia to give it some semblance of credibility? Might Skripal have been swayed by the promise of more money to put together a Dossier full of salacious and unverifiable gossip?

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-dodgy-dossier

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I want in this piece to start joining some dots together on this case, using some of the facts, clues and suppositions that I have set out in the previous parts. I said at the end of Part 4 that there would be one more piece. That has turned out to be wishful thinking on my part, and there will in fact be a further article after this one. In this piece, I want to propose a theory — or maybe educated guess is a better term — for what I think may have happened on 4th March. Then I will need one final piece to show why I think this theory helps to explain a number of other events and incidents connected with the story. Think of that final part as tying up some loose ends.

So what of the theory?
    Back in Part 2, I made the claim that two of the most important clues in the whole Skripal case are:

1. The people who were seen on CCTV walking through the Market Walk towards The Maltings at 15:47 who were very clearly not Sergei and Yulia Skripal
    2. The red bag that one of them was carrying

These clues are very important, because one of the first witnesses on the scene, Freya Church, testified that she saw a red bag at Yulia Skripal’s feet. In addition, we know that a red bag was placed in an evidence bag and taken away from the scene.
    Of course, it could be that the red bag seen near the bench was not the same red bag carried by the person walking through The Maltings. Then again, large red bags like that are not exactly very common (walk around a town and see how many you spot). If the people and the bag have been ruled out, I haven’t heard anything to that effect in the media. Rather, they have been quietly forgotten about in the midst of a lot of nonsense about door handles and deadly nerve agents that don’t kill. This itself raises suspicions, and it is therefore entirely reasonable to suppose that these two people are important, and that the red bag seen on CCTV is the same one seen next to the bench.

There is also something else quite odd about those people, which at first glance you may not have spotted. Although the footage is not very clear, and I wouldn’t want to be dogmatic about this, I believe that a careful look at the two people shows that they are both wearing gloves. This would not be especially remarkable, given that it was fairly cold that day, but what is odd is that the gloves they are wearing are white. Certainly, their hands appear to be far whiter than their faces. Why is this strange? As I said in Part 2, although I’m not 100% sure of the sex of the person nearest the camera (looks like a woman to me, but others disagree), I am very, very sure that the person furthest from the camera is male. And as you are probably aware, men don’t tend to wear white gloves. Of course, there may not be any importance in this, but it does seem to add to the already large mountain of intrigue in the case.
    Anyway, 10-15 minutes or so before these two people walked through the Market Walk, Sergei and Yulia Skripal left Zizzis restaurant. They did so after Mr Skripal became extremely agitated, demanding the bill at the same time as the main course, which he ate (the food that is, not the bill). However, this was not down to his being physically unwell, or showing signs of suffering any effects of poisoning, as the fact that he ate the lunch shows quite clearly. As I argued in Part 3, the most likely reason for his agitation and obvious desire to leave as quickly as possible was that he had an appointment to keep – one that he was perhaps nervous about, but one that he could not afford to miss.
    Let’s now construct a timeline of the events that followed:
    15:35 – Sergei Skripal and Yulia leave Zizzis. They make their way to The Maltings, presumably along Market Walk (although strangely there is no CCTV footage of this), a walk of about two minutes or so.
    15:37 – When they got to The Maltings, they appear not to have gone straight to the bench, but to the Avon Playground (approximately 50 yards from the bench), where they spent some time feeding ducks. They presumably then went over to the bench, a few minutes after this.
    15:47 – The mysterious pair, one of whom is carrying a red bag, are seen on CCTV walking through Market Walk in the direction of The Maltings.
    16:03 – One of the first witnesses to the scene, Freya Church, who was working in the nearby Snap Fitness, leaves work at 16:00 or thereabouts, and sees the Skripals on the bench at approximately 16:03. According to her account, they were already “out of it”, which suggests that they had been poisoned some minutes previously. She noted that there was a red bag on the floor next to Yulia’s feet.
    16:15 – Emergency services are called and the pair are taken to Salisbury District Hospital, Yulia by helicopter and Sergei by ambulance. Upon admittance, the hospital believed that the pair had overdosed on Fentanyl, and treated this as an opioid poisoning for at least 24 hours after the incident.
    Later that evening – Police remove the red bag, and it has never been heard of or mentioned in connection with the story since.
    Assuming that the red bag seen next to Yulia Skripal is the same as the one carried by the person nearest the camera in the Market Walk – who was not Yulia Skripal – we can begin to make some educated guesses as to what happened in those crucial minutes, from 15:47 to 16:03.
    In Part 4 of this series, I made the case that there is a strong possibility that Sergei Skripal, not Christopher Steele, was the author of the Trump Dossier. Certainly, the connections between Steele and Skripal make that plausible, as does some of the material contained therein, as does the fact that Russia experts, such as Paul Gregory and Craig Murray, are convinced that the Dossier was written by a Russian “trained in the KGB tradition.”
    My (hopefully educated) guess is therefore that Mr Skripal, who knew much about the origins, the contents and the falsehoods of the Dossier, was hoping to be paid off to keep quiet about it. Furthermore, my guess is that he was due to meet someone for this purpose at the park bench in The Maltings at about 3:45pm on 4th March (NB. even if the theory about the money is wide of the mark, I would still say that the rest of the clues tend to suggest that he was due to meet someone at the park bench).
    Why meet on the park bench and why drag Yulia along with him? In both instances, as an insurance policy. Meeting out in public, albeit at a time on a Sunday afternoon when few people would be about, would perhaps be “safer” than meeting at home. Taking Yulia along with him would also add another layer of “safety”. Even so, if my supposition is anywhere close to the truth, Mr Skripal would have been apprehensive about the rendezvous, hence his agitation in the restaurant.
    According to this scenario, the people seen walking along Market Walk at 15:47 approached the bench. This would have been about 15:48. Perhaps a few words were exchanged, or perhaps the bag was simply put down on the floor, and the pair who had delivered it walked away.
    My guess is that over the next few minutes, both Sergei Skripal and Yulia looked into the bag where, amongst other things, there was some kind of toxic substance (which may explain the reason for the white gloves).
    What was the substance?
    First let’s say what it was not. It was not a lethal nerve agent, 5-8 times more deadly than VX. If it had been a lethal nerve agent, 5-8 times more deadly than VX, then they would either have died over the next few minutes, or they would have been hospitalised and suffered irreparable damage to their nervous system. Since neither of these things happened, it is safe to say that whatever the substance was, it was not A-234. Indeed, it defies logic, reason and all common sense to maintain that it was.
    What was it? It is impossible to say for sure, but given the fact that they were fairly quickly incapacitated, yet suffered no long lasting and irreparable damage, what we are probably looking at is some kind of non-lethal incapacitating nerve agent. For the point was not to kill Mr Skripal – that would have inevitably led to a whole can of worms being opened about who he was and what he was doing – but to incapacitate him and hospitalise him for a time, with a substance that looked like it could be some kind of opioid poisoning, in order to send him a message.
    Can we say more? I think so. The hospital treated the case as that of a Fentanyl poisoning for at least 24 hours. The reason for this can only have been because the symptoms exhibited were roughly consistent with the effects of poisoning by Fentanyl. What were those symptoms? Let’s turn to the testimony of various witnesses to the scene, all of which largely agree with one another (I have highlighted those bits that I see as most crucial in pointing to possible substances):
    He was doing some strange hand movements, looking up to the sky. I felt anxious, I felt like I should step in, but to be honest they looked so out of it that I thought even if I did step in, I wasn’t sure how I could help. So I just left them. But it looked like they’d been taking something quite strong” – Freya Church.
    “It was like her body was dead. Her legs were really stiff… you know when animals die, they have rigor mortis. Both her legs came together when people pulled (her), and when she was on the floor her eyes were just completely white. They were wide open but just white and frothing at the mouth. Then the man went stiff: his arms stopped moving, but he’s still looking dead straight”Jamie Paine.
    “He was quite smartly dressed. He had his palms up to the sky as if he was shrugging and was staring at the building in front of him. He had a woman sat next to him on the bench who was slumped on his shoulder. He was staring dead straight. He was conscious but it was like he was frozen and slightly rocking back and forward’ – Georgia Pridham.
    “The paramedics seemed to be struggling to keep the two people conscious. The man was sitting staring into space in a catatonic state” – Graham Mulcock.
    “I saw quite a lot of commotion – there were two people sat on the bench and there was a security guard there. They put her on the ground in the recovery position, and she was shaking like she was having a seizure. It was a bit manic. There were a lot of people crowded round them. It was raining, people had umbrellas and were putting them over them” – Destiny Reynolds.
    Okay, so what do we have?

• Firstly, we can say that it is a substance that possibly causes hallucinations (“out of it” “staring at the building” “palms up to the sky
    • Secondly, it also causes mydriasis (dilation of the pupils) (“her eyes were completely white”)
    • Thirdly, it seems to cause something like stupor (“he was staring dead straight”, “like he was frozen” “catatonic state”)
    • Fourthly, it can cause tremors (“rocking back and forth” – see here for details on tremors, the effects of which include an unintentional, rhythmic muscle movement involving to-and-fro movements
    • Fifthly, it can cause shaking and seizures (she was shaking like she was having a seizure)
    • Sixthly, it can cause frothing at the mouth (which can be caused by seizures or pulmonary edema — fluid accumulation in the tissue and air spaces of the lungs)

There are a number of substances that fit these descriptions reasonably well. For instance, there is Carfentanil, which is an analogue of Fentanyl, only much stronger. Here is a description of some of its symptoms:

“Carfentanil has rapid onset [following IM administration] in animal patients, and is metabolized by the liver and excreted in the bile or by the kidneys … Signs and symptoms of exposure are consistent with opioid toxicity and include pinpoint pupils, respiratory depression, and depressed mental status. Other signs and symptoms include dizziness, lethargy, sedation, nausea, vomiting, shallow or absent breathing, cold clammy skin, weak pulse, loss of consciousness, and cardiovascular collapse secondary to hypoxia and death” – Lust et al. (2011).
    Another possibility is 3-Quinuclidinyl-Benzilate (or BZ):
    “Depending on the dose and time postexposure, a number of CNS [Central Nervous System] effects may manifest. Restlessness, apprehension, abnormal speech, confusion, agitation, tremor, picking movements, ataxia, stupor, and coma are described. Hallucinations are prominent, and they may be benign, entertaining, or terrifying to the patient experiencing them. Exposed patients may have conversations with hallucinated figures, and/or they may misidentify persons they typically know well. Simple tasks typically performed well by the exposed person may become difficult. Motor coordination, perception, cognition, and new memory formation are altered as CNS muscarinic receptors are inhibited” – Holstege CP and Baylor M; CBRNE – Incapacitating Agents, 3-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate. (May 24, 2006)
    Let me clarify that I am not saying that it was either of these substances that was used to poison the Skripals. However, it is abundantly clear that the behaviour they exhibited, as described by various witnesses, far more closely matches the descriptions of the effects of substances like Carfentanil and BZ than it does A-234.
    And so the sum and substance of this theory is as follows:

• That Sergei Skripal had arranged to meet someone at around 3:45pm at the park bench in The Maltings.
    • That this was something to do with his involvement in and possible authorship of the so-called Trump Dossier.
    • That the people he met were the same people who were spotted on a CCTV camera in Market Walk at 3:47.
    • That the red bag that one of them was carrying is the same red bag that was seen by witnesses at the bench.
    • That it was in this bag that some sort of incapacitating substance had been placed.
    • That both Sergei and Yulia Skripal became incapacitated after looking inside the bag.
    • That the bag was later taken away, and probably subsequently destroyed.

Of course, if this theory has any credibility, it does raise one huge question. How did we go from Mr Skripal being targeted with an incapacitating substance, to wild and wholly absurd claims of him being targeted with the most deadly nerve agent known to man?
    The answer to that, I believe, is that it all went a bit wrong, there was a panic, and in that panic a cover up of frankly bizarre proportions.
    In the final piece, I will be explaining how I think it went wrong, and then tying up some loose ends to show how I think the theory I have advanced is backed up by some of the subsequent occurrences connected to this very strange case.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...educated-guess

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44883803

Salisbury poisoning: Police 'identify Novichok suspects'

Police are believed to have identified the suspected perpetrators of the poisoning of a Russian ex-spy and his daughter in March, reports say.

Several Russians were thought to be involved in the attempted murder of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury, sources told the Press Association.

They are believed to have been identified through CCTV, cross-checked with border entry data.

Earlier this month, Dawn Sturgess, 44, died after being poisoned by Novichok.

She and her partner, Charlie Rowley, 45, fell ill on 30 June in Amesbury, Wiltshire. He remains seriously ill in hospital.

Police believe the incident is linked to the poisoning of the Skripals, who were discovered slumped on a bench on 4 March. They have since been discharged from hospital.

The UK government has blamed Russia, but the country's authorities deny any involvement.

The source with knowledge of the investigation told the Press Association: "Investigators believe they have identified the suspected perpetrators of the Novichok attack through CCTV and have cross-checked this with records of people who entered the country around that time.

"They (the investigators) are sure they (the suspects) are Russian."

A source also said to have knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Thursday that two suspects had been identified and that the pair had left the UK after the attack.

The suspects have not been named.
    Philip Ingram, a former British Army intelligence officer and chemical weapons expert, said the latest development supported his perception that this was a "professional attack" designed to send a "political message" - adding that the poisoning happened two weeks before the Russian election.
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    More lies from proven liars.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The British government has prepared an extradition request to Moscow for two Russians they claim carried out the Salisbury nerve agent attack, according to The Guardian, citing Whitehall and security sources.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-agent-attack

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Caitlyn Johnstone: The Skripal Case Is Being Pushed Down The Memory Hole With Libya And Aleppo

On the fourth of March, in the sleepy British cathedral town of Salisbury, an ex-spy named Sergei Skripal was poisoned by an assassin with the most deadly nerve agent known to man. The Russian government was immediately blamed by a shocked and outraged world. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson assured the people of Great Britain that “There’s no doubt” that Moscow was responsible. … Russian diplomats were thrown out of countries all around the globe … the largest collective ejection of Russian diplomats in history.

Two months after his earth-shattering assassination … Sergei Skripal was quietly discharged from the hospital he’d been staying at. The BBC reports that he is walking and approaching complete recovery. …

So … an ex-spy who had been retired and strategically irrelevant for years was reportedly poisoned by the Kremlin with Novichok, a scary Russian-sounding word which refers to a group of extremely deadly and fast-acting nerve agents that start shutting down the body’s muscles and respiratory system within 30 seconds to two minutes. Except in the case of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia it was several hours with a leisurely stroll, a meal, and beers in between.

The poison was placed in Yulia Skripal’s suitcase. Actually no, they got that wrong, it was the air vents in their car. Wait, no, that doesn’t work either. Maybe it was administered via weaponized miniature drone! Wait, no, it was the family’s car door handle. Actually, scratch that, it was the front door of the house. Definitely the front door of the house. We’re absolutely sure. Either that or Sergei Skripal’s favorite Russian cereal. They were given 100 grams of Novichok. Wait, no, that’s ridiculous, we retract that. Okay, maybe we have no idea what happened. Oh hey, their pets were completely unaffected by the poison. Let’s incinerate them.

Oh, and Johnson’s claim that the Porton Down laboratory had assured him “There’s no doubt” that Russia was behind the poisoning? Turns out that was just a bald-faced lie; Porton Down said no such thing … Johnson lied, and both the Foreign Office and British mainstream media attempted to cover it up; tweets were deleted, transcripts were re-written, and narratives were given a good spin of historic revisionism …

And now both Sergei and Yulia Skripal … poisoning by highly trained assassins using the deadliest nerve agent ever created, are doing fine. … don’t think too hard about it or remember too much.

Remember Aleppo? I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t; corporate media outlets hardly ever talk about it anymore. … they want us to forget the horror stories they told us about how the city that had been occupied by good, noble freedom fighters was about to be taken by an army of depraved psychopaths who wanted to rape women, burn children alive, and shoot civilians in their homes. … The “fall of Aleppo”, they called it. If the west didn’t intervene … everyone there would be raped, tortured, and butchered by the soulless army of the Syrian government. … Well, Moscow and Damascus did recapture East Aleppo, and it turns out that everything we were told about it was a lie. …

How about Libya? Remember Libya? Libya’s that country that got pushed down the memory hole … Before Muammar Gaddafi was mutilated in the streets to the sadistic cackles of Hillary Clinton, we were all told with increasing urgency that humanitarian interventionism was needed because Gaddafi’s troops are doing evil things like taking Viagra to help them commit mass rapes … Now Gaddafi is dead, we know that both the case for humanitarian interventionism and the Viagra-for-rape stories were lies, and Libya is a humanitarian disaster with an open slave trade … Where are all those cries for humanitarian interventionism in Libya now? …

Time and time again, we’re fed these deceitful narratives to manufacture support for the agendas of the western war machine, and when the truth begins to surface that we were lied to once again, …

And now a very suspicious and possibly Christopher Steele-related silence has descended on the matter of the Skripals, to the point where Sergei himself can walk out of the hospital and barely cause a blip in the news … This case which points very clearly to a mountain of lies and cover-ups by the British government
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The British government has prepared an extradition request to Moscow for two Russians they claim carried out the Salisbury nerve agent attack, according to The Guardian, citing Whitehall and security sources.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-agent-attack
    UK PM MAY TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO PARLIAMENT ON SALISBURY - OPPOSITION LABOUR PARTY

Russian Market
    UK CHARGES 2 RUSSIAN MEN IN SKRIPALS CASE: AP
    U.K. WILL NOT APPLY FOR EXTRADITION OF RUSSIAN NATIONALS

BBC

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/statu...79731450826752

Craig Murray (they just took down his Facebook site last week...)

"To get UK visa, Ruslan Borishov and Alexander Petrov
    had to submit high grade clear passport photos against a plain white background.
    So why has HMG issued deliberately foggy photos with dark areas around eyes and murky background,
    way below accepted for UK visa standard???"

https://twitter.com/russian_market/s...00104368218118

Russian Market
    U.S. & U.K. STAND FIRM HOLDING RUSSIA ACCOUNTABLE - U.S. AMBASSADOR

Britain summons Russia's charge d'affaires in London over Skripal case
    https://on.rt.com/9dq7

note the timing. Right before the looming Idlib offensive and possible further US sanctions.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-05-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    UK PM MAY TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO PARLIAMENT ON SALISBURY - OPPOSITION LABOUR PARTY

Russian Market
    UK CHARGES 2 RUSSIAN MEN IN SKRIPALS CASE: AP
    U.K. WILL NOT APPLY FOR EXTRADITION OF RUSSIAN NATIONALS

BBC

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/statu...79731450826752

Craig Murray (they just took down his Facebook site last week...)

"To get UK visa, Ruslan Borishov and Alexander Petrov
    had to submit high grade clear passport photos against a plain white background.
    So why has HMG issued deliberately foggy photos with dark areas around eyes and murky background,
    way below accepted for UK visa standard???"

Russian Market
    U.S. & U.K. STAND FIRM HOLDING RUSSIA ACCOUNTABLE - U.S. AMBASSADOR

Britain summons Russia's charge d'affaires in London over Skripal case
    https://on.rt.com/9dq7

note the timing. Right before the looming Idlib offensive and possible further US sanctions.

https://twitter.com/russian_market/s...00104368218118

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As we detailed earlier, in what appears to be the latest escalation in the UK government's campaign to blame Russia for the poisoning of former double agent Sergei Skripal, his daughter Yulia Skripal and three other seemingly random Britons (one of whom succumbed to the deadly Novichok nerve agent used in the attacks), British prosecutors are saying they have "sufficient evidence" to charge Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov, both Russian nationals, with conspiracy to murder Skripal, as well as the attempted murder of his daughter and police detective Nick Bailey, according to Reuters.
    The news comes nearly two months after investigators said they had identified the suspected perpetrators of the Novichok attack by crossing referencing CCTV feeds with records of people who entered the country around that time.

There's just one thing... About that CCTV feed!
    Authored by Craig Murray,
    Russia has apparently developed an astonishing new technology enabling its secret agents to occupy precisely the same space at precisely the same time.

These CCTV images released by Scotland yard today allegedly show Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Borishov both occupying exactly the same space at Gatwick airport at precisely the same second. 16.22.43 on 2 March 2018. Note neither photo shows the other following less than a second behind.
    There is no physically possible explanation for this. You can see ten yards behind each of them, and neither has anybody behind for at least ten yards. Yet they were both photographed in the same spot at the same second.
    The only possible explanations are:
    1) One of the two is traveling faster than Usain Bolt can sprint
    2) Scotland Yard has issued doctored CCTV images/timeline.
    Will any mainstream media organizations question this publicly?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...g-laws-physics

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Will any mainstream media organizations question this publicly?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...g-laws-physics
    The "mainstream" Daily Mail has reported on this charade...

The released images have been ridiculed on Russian social media...
    Russia’s explanation is that Britain tinkered with CCTV images; so: “Once again there is no real evidence of Russia's involvement, only ungrounded accusations”: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-instant.html

More “hard evidence” coming from British authorities…

Britain waited 2 months to “test” the hotel room in the City Stay Hotel, in east London where Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov supposedly stayed.
    And then on 4 May, they found traces of the deadly nerve agent “Novichok” in the bedroom.

But not to worry, according to Scotland Yard the traces are so small that there is no risk to other guests and this doesn’t cause “concern for public health”. No persons staying at the hotel room since 4 March have fallen ill.
    Also note the following bizarre public statement (after a second test):
    We believe the first process of taking swabs removed the contamination, so low were the traces of Novichok in the room.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-stayed-told/

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The "mainstream" Daily Mail has reported on this charade...

The released images have been ridiculed on Russian social media...
    Russia’s explanation is that Britain tinkered with CCTV images; so: “Once again there is no real evidence of Russia's involvement, only ungrounded accusations”: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-instant.html

More “hard evidence” coming from British authorities…

Britain waited 2 months to “test” the hotel room in the City Stay Hotel, in east London where Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov supposedly stayed.
    And then on 4 May, they found traces of the deadly nerve agent “Novichok” in the bedroom.

But not to worry, according to Scotland Yard the traces are so small that there is no risk to other guests and this doesn’t cause “concern for public health”. No persons staying at the hotel room since 4 March have fallen ill.
    Also note the following bizarre public statement (after a second test): https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-stayed-told/
    Are they trying to look idiotic on purpose?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pro-Russian propagandists spinning this one hard.

Anti-Russian propagandists spinning this one hard.
    Fixed it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So, supposed high level secret agents professional assassin team was smart enough to use fake aliases and manufactured passports to enter England. They could have gone with Ukrainian identities, Polish Lithuanian, or whatever –

But instead the aliases these high level professionals specifically chose to assume were distinctly Russian identities and they manufactured fake Russian passports to carry out their secret assassination plot for which there is zero benefit even if successful and huge detriment regardless of outcome;

And the target of the pointless assassination plot was a meaningless former double agent for British MI6 from nearly three decades ago that had been in Russian custody, was released by the Russian government, and living completely unmolested during all those many many years;

And to carry out this secret assassinate plot the secret agents chose a direct flight from Moscow to London and back;

And despite using a “super toxin” “10 times more deadly than VX” that causes instantaneous death, the targets not only did not die, but made a full recovery. Although after exposure to the super-toxin, it did cause the targets to go out shopping for four hours, also stop for pizza, and also a separate stop at a pub for beer, and then finally found disoriented on a park bench shortly after their eating and drinking;

And the UK government determined that the deadly toxin was sprayed on them by aerosol, oh wait they determined it was planted on clothing in Yulia Skripal’s luggage, oh wait they determined it was administered via the air vents in their car, oh wait they determined it was delivered on a gift of buckwheat brought by Yulia’s friend, of wait the determined it was smeared on the front door, oh no wait they determined it was a gel smeared on the front doorknob – yeah that’s the ticket;

And the secret agents neatly wrapped up the remainder of the top secret chemical toxin and conveniently deposited it in a charity box where it is certain to be found, as a convenient gift to investigators to implicate themselves, their country, and provide ready sample of the top secret formula to the alleged adversary government;

And The leaders of the [UK] government making the accusation (Theresa May, Boris Johnson) have already been caught in repeated overt lies about the evidence and conclusions, even being called on the lies and contradicted by their own investigators including Porton Down;

And that [UK] government’s Foreign Office even went so far as to try to actively cover up its lies by deleting tweets and rewriting its reports after being caught;

And that [UK] government of perpetual lies is still keeping the Skripals imprisoned away from media, public, private, family anyone at all.

And of course this is the same Pinocchio nosed government that also participated in the lie to invade Iraq and cause the death of hundreds of thousands and destitution of millions; the same government that aided and abetted the lies and destruction of Libya leading to the present condition of destitution and open air slave markets; the same government that participated in the lies to illegally invade and bomb Syria, and arm and fund terrorists organizations to wreak havoc on the nation and provide pretextual cover for invasion ... ;

And of course guilt is proclaimed immediately before any investigation [as we'll make up the evidence to suit the accusations later];

It all makes such perfect sense.

Truth is the first casualty of war – especially a cold and covert war by an increasingly desperate and hysteric collapsing empire and its vassals.

https://washingtonsblog.com/2018/04/...-novichok.html
    https://washingtonsblog.com/2018/04/...ly-did-it.html
    https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...pal-story.html
    Last edited by AZJoe; 09-06-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Shortly after the poisoning, Russian TV issued a warning to other "traitors" in Great Britain.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...iving-britain/

Russian state TV warns 'traitors' of the dangers of living in Britain

Apresenter on Russian state television has issued an apparent threat to "traitors" living in Britain.

Kirill Kleymenov warned of the dangers of spying on Russia and advised those who betrayed their country: "Don't choose Britain as a place to live."

The comments, made on Channel One's Vremya news programme on Wednesday evening, came amid speculation over who was behind the attempted murder of a double agent on British soil.

"I don't wish death on anyone, but, purely for educational purposes, I have a warning for anyone who dreams of such a career," he reportedly said.

"The profession of a traitor is one of the most dangerous in the world."

He described alcoholism, drug addiction, stress and depression as the "professional illnesses of a traitor" and also warned of heart attacks, strokes, car accidents and suicide.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shortly after the poisoning, Russian TV issued a warning to other "traitors" in Great Britain.

Yup, it is dangerous, you never know when your hosts will kill you to make Russia look bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yup, it is dangerous, you never know when your hosts will kill you to make Russia look bad.
    That would be the Russian spin. But it is Russia making the threats.

That would be the Russian spin. But it is Russia making the threats.
    And the UK is killing Russians and doing a farcical job of framing Russia.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The time that “Boshirov and Petrov” were allegedly in Salisbury carrying out the attack is all entirely within the period the Skripals were universally reported to have left their home with their mobile phones switched off.
    A key hole in the British government’s account of the Salisbury poisonings has been plugged – the lack of any actual suspects. And it has been plugged in a way that appears broadly convincing – these two men do appear to have traveled to Salisbury at the right time to have been involved.
    But what has not been established is the men’s identity and that they are agents of the Russian state, or just what they did in Salisbury. If they are Russian agents, they are remarkably amateur assassins. Meanwhile the new evidence throws the previously reported timelines into confusion – and demolishes the theories put out by “experts” as to why the Novichok dose was not fatal.
    This BBC report gives a very useful timeline summary of events.
    At 09.15 on Sunday 4 March the Skripals’ car was seen on CCTV driving through three different locations in Salisbury. Both Skripals had switched off their mobile phones and they remained off for over four hours, which has baffled geo-location.
    There is no CCTV footage that indicates the Skripals returning to their home. It has therefore always been assumed that they last touched the door handle around 9am.

CCTV4 = image of both suspects at Salisbury train station at 11:48hrs on 04 March 2018 (Source: Metropolitan Police)

But the Metropolitan Police state that Boshirov and Petrov did not arrive in Salisbury until 11.48 on the day of the poisoning. That means that they could not have applied a nerve agent to the Skripals’ doorknob before noon at the earliest. But there has never been any indication that the Skripals returned to their home after noon on Sunday 4 March. If they did so, they and/or their car somehow avoided all CCTV cameras. Remember they were caught by three CCTV cameras on leaving, and Borishov and Petrov were caught frequently on CCTV on arriving.
    The Skripals were next seen on CCTV at 13.30, driving down Devizes road. After that their movements were clearly witnessed or recorded until their admission to hospital.
    So even if the Skripals made an “invisible” trip home before being seen on Devizes Road, that means the very latest they could have touched the doorknob is 13.15. The longest possible gap between the novichok being placed on the doorknob and the Skripals touching it would have been one hour and 15 minutes. Do you recall all those “experts” leaping in to tell us that the “ten times deadlier than VX” nerve agent was not fatal because it had degraded overnight on the doorknob? Well that cannot be true. The time between application and contact was between a minute and (at most) just over an hour on this new timeline.
    In general it is worth observing that the Skripals, and poor Dawn Sturgess and Charlie Rowley, all managed to achieve almost complete CCTV invisibility in their widespread movements around Salisbury at the key times, while in contrast “Petrov and Boshirov” managed to be frequently caught in high quality all the time during their brief visit.
    This is especially remarkable in the case of the Skripals’ location around noon on 4 March. The government can only maintain that they returned home at this time, as they insist they got the nerve agent from the doorknob. But why was their car so frequently caught on CCTV leaving, but not at all returning? It appears very much more probable that they came into contact with the nerve agent somewhere else, while they were out.
    “Boshirov and Petrov” plainly are of interest in this case. But only Theresa May stated they were Russian agents: the police did not, and stated that they expected those were not their real identities. We do not know who Boshirov and Petrov were. It appears very likely their appearance was to do with the Skripals on that day. But they may have been meeting them, outside the home. The evidence points to that, rather than doorknobs. Such a meeting might explain why the Skripals had turned off their mobile phones to attempt to avoid surveillance.
    It is also telling the police have pressed no charges against them in the case of Dawn Sturgess, which would be manslaughter at least if the government version is true.
    If “Boshirov and Petrov” are secret agents, their incompetence is astounding. They used public transport rather than a vehicle and left the clearest possible CCTV footprint. They failed in their assassination attempt. They left traces of novichok everywhere and could well have poisoned themselves, and left the “murder weapon” lying around to be found. Their timings in Salisbury were extremely tight – and British Sunday rail service dependent.
    There are other possibilities of who “Boshirov and Petrov” really are, of which Ukrainian is the obvious one. One thing I discovered when British Ambassador to Uzbekistan was that there had been a large Ukrainian ethnic group of scientists working at the Soviet chemical weapon testing facility there at Nukus. There are many other possibilities.
    Yesterday’s revelations certainly add to the amount we know about the Skripal event. But they raise as many new questions as they give answers.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/skripa...eepens/5653170

British or Ukie agents intent on framing Russia perhaps?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are they trying to look idiotic on purpose?
    The original story was so ridiculous, and staged a week before the Russian presidential election that got Vladimir "puppet" Putin elected in a reported landslide, that it could only have been staged to SUPPORT Putin...
    There is no coming Russian election, so I don't understand why British intelligence couldn't make the story more convincing 6 months later.
    The suspects Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov apparently changed shoes and caps (both) and one of them the (blue) jacket.

This is the wrong date (a month too late)...

Snow in Salisbury on 3 March 2018, 4:50 PM (not the following day?): http://aanirfan.blogspot.com/2018/09...-suspects.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45455464

Nikolai Glushkov was found strangled just a week after the Skripal poisoning and only two days after Russian media warned "Traitors" that bad things may happen to them too.

A Russian who was murdered in the UK last March believed two men from Moscow had tried to poison him five years earlier.

Nikolai Glushkov was found apparently strangled in his home in south-west London a week after the Novichok poisoning of the Skripals in Salisbury.

The Guardian has now revealed he was allegedly poisoned in 2013 after he shared champagne with two Russians.

Paramedic Keith Carr told the BBC that he treated Mr Glushkov in November 2013 for suspected poisoning after the businessman had shared drinks with two men from Moscow in Bristol's Grand Hotel.

Mr Carr, who was working for the South Western Ambulance Service, said he responded to a report that Mr Glushkov had collapsed on the floor of his room the morning after the drinks.

The paper says the police are reinvestigating the incident.

Mr Glushkov - a prominent Russian businessman and former deputy director of state airline Aeroflot - was jailed for five years in his home country in 1999 after being charged with money laundering and fraud.

After being given a suspended sentence for another count of fraud in 2006, he was granted political asylum in the UK in 2010 and became a critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Mr Glushkov told him he believed he had been poisoned by the two Russians with champagne the night before.

Mr Carr told the BBC: "Apparently the champagne was bought in the hotel. They all drank the champagne but he left their company and went to the toilet, came back, drank some more and the next thing he remembers was waking up on the carpet the next morning."

Mr Carr said he was initially "sceptical" of the claims but when he tested Mr Glushkov with an electrocardiogram machine he had a fast heart rate and an unusual rhythm which he couldn't recognise.

He said Mr Glushkov was then taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary, where a consultant later told Mr Carr the case was being taken "very seriously".

Mr Glushkov told Mr Carr that he believed he had been targeted because of his close friendship with fellow Russian businessman Boris Berezovsky, who came to the UK in 1999 after falling out with Mr Putin.

Mr Berezovsky was found hanged in the bathroom of his Berkshire home in 2013, six months before the incident with Mr Glushkov.
    That same week a Russian TV presenter issued a threat against "traitors".

Kirill Kleymenov warned of the dangers of spying on Russia and advised those who betrayed their country: "Don't choose Britain as a place to live."

The comments, made on Channel One's Vremya news programme on Wednesday evening, came amid speculation over who was behind the attempted murder of a double agent on British soil.

"I don't wish death on anyone, but, purely for educational purposes, I have a warning for anyone who dreams of such a career," he reportedly said.

"The profession of a traitor is one of the most dangerous in the world."

He described alcoholism, drug addiction, stress and depression as the "professional illnesses of a traitor" and also warned of heart attacks, strokes, car accidents and suicide.
    All this was also perhaps not coincidentally just before the Russian Elections. Putin sending message to his opponents?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-08-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast