Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Do People Not like Ron Paul's Foreign Policy?

Also don't forget a lot of people have an economic stake in the military-industrial-complex and they instinctively know if you practice a policy of non-interventionism, there's good chance the military is probably not going to need you, ergo you're unemployed. Well there are a lot of people who join the armed services to avoid that fate or keep themselves from working as a fry cook back in their hometown Burger King. There area a lot of communities who don't want to see their bases shutdown and be reduced to welfare dependents (ever though their livehoos are already dependent on government in one form or another)

So on the one hand you have people who think the U.S. should be the ruler of the world regardless of cost and regardless of whether we can afford it for nationalistic reasons and there are others who feel the same way for economic reasons. Put the two together and it's a pretty powerful combination, especially in the South or in areas which have lotes of ties to the M-I-C or who have high numbers of vets.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Yup.

Meanwhile, the other half of Americans are sadly a bunch of arrogant "Christians" who have a low self-esteem, or other issues, and there for they feel the need to make themselves feel "pure", and "above" other people by going to Church every weekend or volunteering (When they only do it to feed their egos so they can call themselves "good" people), so that they have the right to demonize other people by dictating what they think are "family values". In other words, these people wish to put other people down below them and wish to have an excuse to do so.

I honestly believe these three ideas are why Americans do not vote for Ron Paul. The first two quarters of Americans are simply ignorant, or misinformed about the issues. while the other half really are that bad of people who share the "family values" of people like Santorum in order to feed their ego.
    Heheh. Now we are getting somewhere...When Santorum and Romney "talk tough" who are they really talking to? The Christians...evangelical Christians and Zionist Jews to be exact. Accordingly when Jesus returns all the Jews will convert to Christianity. At least that is what they believe or purport to believe. But who really believes that is the real reason for Israel's existence. They both are the major problem in this country, but in particular within the GOP. For some reason I thought they were marginalized a long time ago...but studying history, it seems they are still alive and well within the mid-western states and South...I assume that their decline is what led many once RED states to turn blue. But it is true they don't want a republican form of government they want a theocracy...so we are engage in a long culture war within the country and the GOP. We must get them out of the GOP and then they will have no where to go but form their own party...
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 03-19-2012 at 10:08 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What I think is funny is how someone can like his domestic policy and not his foreign. THEY ARE THE SAME! The government shouldn't control us here and our government shouldn't control other people in their country. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    Heheh. Now we are getting somewhere...When Santorum and Romney "talk tough" who are they really talking to? The Christians...evangelical Christians and Zionist Jews to be exact. Accordingly when Jesus returns all the Jews will convert to Christianity. At least that is what they believe or purport to believe. But who really believes that is the real reason for Israel's existence. They both are the major problem in this country, but in particular within the GOP. For some reason I thought they were marginalized a long time ago...but studying history, it seems they are still alive and well within the mid-western states and South...I assume that their decline is what led many once RED states to turn blue. But it is true they don't want a republican form of government they want a theocracy...so we are engage in a long culture war within the country and the GOP. We must get them out of the GOP and then they will have no where to go but form their own party...
    Not exactly what I was talking about. Quite the contrary, most of these people don't actually believe their religion, or even take it seriously. They only use it to justify their ego because they need a reason to feel superior to others.

Quote Originally Posted by narrowphoenix View Post
    What I think is funny is how someone can like his domestic policy and not his foreign. THEY ARE THE SAME! The government shouldn't control us here and our government shouldn't control other people in their country. It's really that simple.
    But that is not how they see it. They believe the troops are overseas defended us. Another segment believe the people there WANT us there helping them fight for liberty. This belief is backed up with information that showed a LOT of the people over there to began with DID like us there.
    Last edited by klamath; 03-19-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    And that is also why he has to work hard to show that a US only based defense will stop an attack that could occur within an hour.
    Is it easier to defend your own territory, or encircle every other country in the world. I read that we did some testing of our "homeland" defense against missle attacks and it failed, more than once. So, if we don't surround the right countries in the right place with effective antimissle defense, they could get through if they make it here.

Many people believe, because the United States has the ability to wage war, it should do so. They believe they live in the greatest and most powerful country on earth and because of that, they also believe might makes right. To them, the U.S. can do no wrong and thus it's always correct when it wages war on others. They feel proud that their country can seemingly wage war with impunity. When they hear of thousands of other people being put through the meat grinder of war, they feel pride in the accomplishments of their country. Thus we usually hear them chanting, "U.S.A.... U.S.A.... U.S.A. "

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Is it easier to defend your own territory, or encircle every other country in the world. I read that we did some testing of our "homeland" defense against missle attacks and it failed, more than once. So, if we don't surround the right countries in the right place with effective antimissle defense, they could get through if they make it here.
    And that is exactly what a RP defense team would but answering.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Many people believe, because the United States has the ability to wage war, it should do so. They believe they live in the greatest and most powerful country on earth and because of that, they also believe might makes right. To them, the U.S. can do no wrong and thus it's always correct when it wages war on others. They feel proud that their country can seemingly wage war with impunity. When they hear of thousands of other people being put through the meat grinder of war, they feel pride in the accomplishments of their country. Thus we usually hear them chanting, "U.S.A.... U.S.A.... U.S.A. "
    These people I don't think RP could have ever reached.

These people I don't think RP could have ever reached.
    Those are the people who think of their country as a sporting team. The stand by the sidelines and root for their "winning" team.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a large segment of the republican voters that he could have made a sale to but failed. His supporters failed as well as shown by the majority of the respondents in this thread. They aren't republicans and never were so they don't even know how republicans think and just put their judgement of why Republicans didn't vote for RP. That is all fine but if you are trying to sell something you sure as heck don't sell anything if you refuse to listen to the reasons a buyer is not buying your product.
    RP is advocating the complete destruction of 70 years of US defense posture. A defence posture that a vast majority of americans think has kept us safe. He is advocating doing this with absolutely no plan put forward on how it would work.He is advocating putting it in place without ANY phase in period.
    RP comes across as having a very limited knowledge of strategic and tactical capability of the US military. The president doesn't really have to have a vast knowledge of this area but he better have a team of advisors that do. HE doesn't.
    He has economic advisors when the economy is something he has vast knowledge on and really doesn't even need them because he knows more than they do.
    I and others fought and fought to get him to put together a defense team to advise him. It never happened.
    RP used a line in one of the debates when asked about having to fight a war. "Go in fight it and GET OUT!" It was a very popular and good answer but it came back to how the military would be able to fight a war from a US based defense posture. In other answers he implied he would fight to reopen the suez and panama canals. OK how would his US based defense be able to do this. He one time used a statement that we have planes that can get to any part of the world in an hour. Well I read that same vague article and for him to use that made him seem very unknowledgable of military capability and what he knew only came from reading news articles.
    People have argued with me saying other candidates don't have to go into details on how they would carry out a missions but they don't have to as they can rely on the current system of bases around the world to strategically deploy the firepower. RP is advocating eliminating all of the world wide bases so he has to sell how his plan would work. He didn't.
    Pretty much this.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Because there is not draft.
    Because the "war tax" is hidden in higher prices and smaller products.
    Because the media is a sophisticated propaganda machine owned by 5 giant global corporations.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    Pretty much this.
    And This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toyxC...ayer_embedded#!

And blatant vote fraud by the GOP leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerrockstar View Post
    I just don't understand people that like Ron Paul's fiscal policies but don't like his Foreign Policy. Why do people not like Ron Paul's foreign policy?
    They are lying. They don't like his fiscal policies because they have been in charge (or their neocon Bush was) and could have implemented any of his fiscal or domestic agenda if it so suited their interests. It doesn't. These are people who have no passion for liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Not exactly what I was talking about. Quite the contrary, most of these people don't actually believe their religion, or even take it seriously. They only use it to justify their ego because they need a reason to feel superior to others.
    and Romney and Santorum play right into that...that was my point. But all it takes are the "leaders" who believe to rally the poor people around them and their ideas...

It's a form of social marketing, think of Tim Tebow and his demonstrations of faith on and off the field...Christians love it and it helps the spiritual leaders and $$ for the sports teams...it's all fake. People behind the scenes are driving this...but it works...the news promote it etc...

again it is the same type of people that buy into Tebow that will buy into Santorum and war
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 03-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Because they (for some reason) are under the pretense that (somehow) non-interventionism = pacifist.

I wonder if it's an American trait though...you know... to hear/read roughly 3-5 minutes of TV/news and know all there is to know about a particular subject.

Just the other day I had my to-be brother in law chirp that "all of them" want to do away with birth control. The topic started on how Santo is insane and it rolled into that. I would really, REALLY like to know where his sources were but I certainly corrected the situation quickly.

Also, notice these distractions? Inflation is live and well, unemployment is >15%, we're running what, a near trillion and a half annual budget, we're full speed ahead in breaking a 16 T-rillion national debt, our liberties and bill of rights are being destroyed, we're essentially taking military consultation from the UN, bombing whoever's in the way of the petro-dollar, killed many very clearly innocent people and lost thousands of our own, we've exploded the .com bubble, the housing bubble, and the soon to be college debt bubble and here we are ranting and raving over $#@!ing birth control pills. I am NO way downplaying such an issue but I believe with much due consideration we have much, much bigger and far more consequential topics at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne373 View Post
    Because there is not draft.
    Because the "war tax" is hidden in higher prices and smaller products.
    Because the media is a sophisticated propaganda machine owned by 5 giant global corporations.
    And they steal (uh, borrow) social security funds and replace with IOU's they don't intend to pay on.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerrockstar View Post
    Why do these people want to fight wars so badly?
    Because they like seeing America manifest its 'power' and flex its muscle on the international stage. This is a culture that glorifies war in the motion pictures. It's a society where kids play war games on their computers non stop. It has an education system that focuses five times as much on WWII as it does on WWI. My generation had GI Joe.Nearly every sporting event these days has some sort of tribute to a soldier. It's fine to recognize this sacrafice, but these tributes serve to reinforce the collective need for American military intervention abroad.

On nearly everything from media, education and etc, we're programmed to love war and never question whether it's just.

People don't understand the blowback or the incredible human and economic cost. Nor do they ever have to worry about war in the States so they are incapable of conceptualizing what 'war' actually is.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 03-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    It goes both ways though. There are plenty of leftist culture warriors in San Francisco, Seattle and Boston who would love to impose their values on everyone else.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    100% on the money. I really don't think it requires more psychological evalution than this. Well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12