Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Another terrible call in the Patriots' favor. I gave up on the NFL until they brought back instant replay.

It won't be, if it's up to the Chiefs. They tightened up their defense significantly since Week Six, when Justin Houston was still down. If the league has its way, however...

The Chiefs will have to beat both the Patriots and the officials. Can they do it? Maybe.
    I thought the refs were supposed to be helping Los Angeles teams this year? Is that why the Chargers won?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I thought the refs were supposed to be helping Los Angeles teams this year? Is that why the Chargers won?
    I think the NFC is a really good champioship game this season . You have really what were the two best teams all season and probably superbowl favorite if KC was to falter ( I do not think they will ) . I will probably wait and see what the Over /Under are for the superbowl but other than that I will refrain from making any picks .I nearly took San Diego, LOL.
    Do something Danke

I thought the refs were supposed to be helping Los Angeles teams this year?
    So did I. But they just keep aiding and abetting those damned Patriots year after year.

They seem to be stuck in a rut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Kind of refreshing to see an AFC championship game with no steelers , ravens now if KC can just win then best of all no new england . Would be a good superbowl then .
    Do something Danke

The Chiefs look pretty good this year.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The Chiefs look pretty good this year.
    Yes they do and New Orleans has a pretty good team.
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vikings will be bringing in Kubiak and his son , the son filling QB coach job . I presume Kubiak will be helping the Off Coord because they need it .
    Do something Danke

Packers will be bringing in fired Jags off coord to coach Rogers .
    Do something Danke

Elway could be running around doing stupid stuff to sabotage the broncos doing his jerry jones impression.
    Do something Danke

Colts take a step back by firing best O line coach they have had in years .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Elway could be running around doing stupid stuff to sabotage the broncos doing his jerry jones impression.
    It does not help if you keep trying to start over again every couple of years with new coaches and QBs. Except for this last year, his draft classes have been terrible. Several rookies saw a lot of action (some due to the many injuries the team had which may be in part do to poor conditioning coaches) but of the three classes before them I think maybe only one draftee is even with the team. He is tight on the dollars too- letting good people go because he doesn't want to pay them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...ans-be-worried

Should Broncos' veterans be worried?

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos' third consecutive playoff miss might be a rather big red flag for some of the team's veterans.

"When you don't go to the playoffs here, they're not going to sit around and just stay the same," is how cornerback Chris Harris Jr. put it at season's end. "We haven't been to the playoffs in three years, I think they might think they gave this group a chance. They're going to go young, that's what I think. They're going to go young. ... I've said it before, everybody who won the Super Bowl is on a non-guaranteed contract, we'll probably have two or three vets on this team and that's it."

The 2018 Broncos were already a fairly fresh-faced bunch. With nine picks already in hand for the 2019 draft, they likely have their collective eye on another roster youth movement.

The Broncos had 12 rookies on their Week 17 roster, and 11 of those were in uniform for the regular-season finale against the Los Angeles Chargers. In all, 13 rookies played in a game for the Broncos this past season, and the aim is to build on that class with another solid group in 2019.

"We're going to bust our tails to get better, to get back competitive, to get back where we want to be," Broncos president of football operations/general manager John Elway said. "Our young guys did well this year, we're going to continue to try to do well in the draft, that's key to what we want to do."

It's why many of the Broncos' veterans adjourned with plenty of uncertainty tucked away in their luggage.

The season-ending roster, not including those players who had been moved to injured reserve at some point in 2018, included just 18 players with four or more years of experience. The injured players included Harris, who just finished his eighth season, and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who just finished his ninth.

Among the unrestricted free agents expected to move on are linebacker Shane Ray and cornerback Bradley Roby; both are former first-round picks by the Broncos. Ray said the fact he had been a game-day inactive over the season's final three weeks made it clear to him he will play elsewhere in 2019.

Nose tackle Domata Peko, who just finished his 13th NFL season, is also among the Broncos' impending free agents, as are tackle Jared Veldheer, cornerback Tramaine Brock, center Matt Paradis, guard Billy Turner, guard Max Garcia and defensive end Zach Kerr. Of that group, Paradis, who finished the season on injured reserve, and Garcia are former Broncos draft picks.

"You never know," Peko said. "Of course I want to be back, I love it here, love these guys, you don't know what they're going to decide. But I feel good, like I can play."

And there are players like defensive end Derek Wolfe, linebacker Brandon Marshall and safety Darian Stewart, who had the second-, fifth- and seventh-highest salary-cap figures on the team, respectively, this past season. They're big-money veterans who don't know yet if they're going to get caught in a roster makeover brought on by back-to-back seasons of double-digit losses.

It does not help if you keep trying to start over again every couple of years with new coaches and QBs. Except for this last year, his draft classes have been terrible. Several rookies saw a lot of action (some due to the many injuries the team had which may be in part do to poor conditioning coaches) but of the three classes before them I think maybe only one draftee is even with the team. He is tight on the dollars too- letting good people go because he doesn't want to pay them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...ans-be-worried
    Reviewing his work I would say he needs to leave it to someone else . Colts just fired a great O line coach . I would have grabbed him up even if I did not need him and found somewhere to use him in Denver because they need help . They need some receivers , the O line needs technique and they should be able to compete. Broncos could have also brought Kubiak back and did not .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-17-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Reviewing his work I would say he needs to leave it to someone else . Colts just fired a great O line coach . I would have grabbed him up even if I did not need him and found somewhere to use him in Denver because they need help . They need some receivers , the O line needs technique and they should be able to compete.
    Denver signed Pittsburgh's offensive line coach Mike Munchak who they interviewed in their head coach search. And the picked up the Bear's defensive coordinator. I have been saying for years Denver needs help with that OL. Even under Manning. Any QB can look bad if you can't protect them. Now they need some players. Will they look for another QB yet again too? Case Keenum's contract is for only one more year.

A message to the Chiefs and their fans. Do me a solid and knock Brady into early retirement on Saturday.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seahawks picked up former Denver third string QB Paxton Lynch to back up Russel Wilson. I guess they currently don't have anybody else. Lynch was a first round draft pick but was often injured and even when he did play not very effective.

Saints lead by 13 after one quarter .
    Do something Danke

Rams get the ball first in the Third trailing 10 - 13 .
    Do something Danke

18 minutes to play , Saints ball leading 20 - 17 .
    Do something Danke

All tied up... Gonna be another close one.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So now the refs are ignoring blatant penalties by the Rams?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I thought the refs were supposed to be helping Los Angeles teams this year?
    And you were clearly right about that.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Looks like it’s going to OT.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saints do not cover the spread . Overtime .
    Do something Danke

Rams win in overtime.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Rams win because of a massive blown pass interference call. Luck you when the zebras are on your side.

Well, this sucks. But, you know, the Rams did not lead even one second of the last game. So there may be hope for my Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Rams win because of a massive blown pass interference call. Luck you when the zebras are on your side.
    Um, no. They won because they scored more points. If the Saints are so awesome, why didn’t they score more? Or defend better. It wasn’t this one play, it was the missed plays before this one. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the Saints, but at the end of the game the team with more points wins.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Um, no. They won because they scored more points. If the Saints are so awesome, why didn’t they score more? Or defend better. It wasn’t this one play, it was the missed plays before this one. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate the Saints, but at the end of the game the team with more points wins.
    Are you telling me that if the refs called the right penalty on that play, the saints wouldn't have had the most points in the game? Also, its easy to have more points when the refs favor you, just saying.

Tough call for replay officials. The call on the field was the ball touched him. Almost all of the replay shots are at bad angles. WIll they overturn it in favor of NE?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Are you telling me that if the refs called the right penalty on that play, the saints wouldn't have had the most points in the game? Also, its easy to have more points when the refs favor you, just saying.
    It's easy to blame the refs. If the Saints had scored touchdowns and made extra points instead of having to kick for 3, it would have made a huge difference and there would have been no overtime.

I don't hate the Saints. They were not the dominant team they usually are, today.
    #NashvilleStrong

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast