Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump wins battle against 2nd amendment in federal court!

Trump wins battle against 2nd amendment in federal court!

https://www.kxxv.com/story/40026925/...s-ban-rejected

Oh....but the Trumpskiites said "Don't worry about the fact that Trump supported an assault weapons ban in 2002. He has seen the light. Don't worry about the fact that Trump became the first president ever to ban a gun accessory through executive order. He's just set this up to get struck down in court. Don't worry about the fact that Trump told Diane Feinstein as president that he would support an assault weapons ban. He was just joking."

So far Barack Obama was a stronger supporter of the 2nd amendment that Donald Trump has been as president. Obama signed two executive orders ENHANCING gun rights. One was to allow guns to be carried on person in national forests, reversing a Ronald Reagan ban on that practice. (Yes you Reagan bootlickers, the "Gipper" was a gun grabber.) The other was allowing guns to be carried on Amtrak trains. Yes Obama also signed an anti gun executive order requiring the Social Security Administration to report people who applied for mental health disability to the federal background check registry and Trump overturned that order. Yeah Trump! So Trump is for restricting gun rights for everyone (bumpfire stocks and possibly assault weapons) but for allowing crazy people to have guns? Hey, here's a thought. If you want to keep your gun rights don't claim your crazy so you can get a check from the taxpayers!

Back to Trump's bump ban. It has a good chance, unfortunately, of being upheld all the way. Every liberal judge will automatically go for it. So what about the conservative judges? You mean people like John Roberts who took a dive on the Affordable Care Act calling it a "tax" after the fact? You think those justices will rein in the executive power of a republican president? Well...maybe they will. But if they do that and they are consistent then that means "bye bye Mexico wall" as well.

And yeah, I get it. Hillary sucks. I didn't vote for her or Trump. But that doesn't mean bend over, pull your pants and undies down and hand Trump a jar of Vaseline! Trump has done some things I support. (The First Step Act for instance. Firing that jackass Jeff Sessions for another). But that doesn't mean I will put my brain in neutral and just support any damn thing he does because "the deep state." At times he cooperates with that very same "deep state." What's going on with Venezuela is case in point. Trump, Obama, Pelosi, Bolton all of those suckers support the same thing. Get whatever good you think you can out of Trump but don't give him your blind allegiance.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But but but--muh wall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    But but but--muh wall!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So far Barack Obama was a stronger supporter of the 2nd amendment that Donald Trump has been as president.
    Well, that little nugget of truth just destroyed a few narratives... I guess you don't understand 3D chess.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Get whatever good you think you can out of Trump but don't give him your blind allegiance.
    Got that right.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

This simply must be fake news. I was assured, repearedly, by various Trump humpers that this absolutely couldn't happen. They wouldn't lie now, would they?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Thumbs up Filed a notice of appeal and will continue to challenge the ban

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker signed a new federal regulation in December that concluded that bump-fire stocks fall within the prohibition on machine guns, and therefore are illegal under federal law.

In their complaint, the plaintiffs -- Damien Guedes, the Firearms Policy Coalition, David Codrea and their co-plaintiffs -- argued that the ATF violated procedural requirements, and that Whitaker did not, at the time, have the authority to set forth a ban.

Following Monday's ruling, the plaintiffs issued a statement saying that have filed a notice of appeal and will continue to challenge the ban.
    President Trump's Bump Stock Ban will be struck down if it makes it to SCOTUS.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

If SCOTUS follows their historic pattern wrt 2nd Amendment issues, which I have no reason to doubt they will, they'll simply deny cert and the lower court ruling will stand. There have been a couple notable exceptions in the last couple of decades, but I sincerely doubt this will be one of them.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We all knew this would happen on the way up the ladder, it doesn't change anything.
    It will be overruled.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I predicted this would happen.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

We all knew this would happen on the way up the ladder, it doesn't change anything.
    It will be overruled.
    Which is of course Trump's intention all along.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Given that bump-stocks have no legitimate hunting purpose, it's unlikely SCOTUS would overrule the ban on any 2A grounds.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It will be overruled.
    Close call, eh bro? I was concerned you were gonna have to delete your Melania/Ivanka deep fakes.

Trump would have ALL of us on board had he "Set the Tone" (precedent) to End Incentives, fire-side chat/tweeted about the destruction of Common Core/FedDeptEd, fulfilled his promise to Veto Omnibus, etc. Hell I would have even voted for him in 2020.

However, after fully vetting this guy it is no surprise to me.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Thumbs down Trump/Hogg deep state

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    If SCOTUS follows their historic pattern wrt 2nd Amendment issues, which I have no reason to doubt they will, they'll simply deny cert and the lower court ruling will stand. There have been a couple notable exceptions in the last couple of decades, but I sincerely doubt this will be one of them.
    Unfortunately, you're most likely right.

Curses upon the progressive Trumpkin/Hogg Nation deep state, America's worst.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Close call, eh bro? I was concerned you were gonna have to delete your Melania/Ivanka deep fakes.

Glad to see you again.

No clse call at all. Anyone with two functioning brain cells could have predicted what actually happened so far. Only delusional Trumpbots thought otherwise.
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    once again, you can still buy a bump fire stock right now. Or you can use a rubberband to bumpfire.

https://www.rwarms.com/products/slid...t=introduction

and this suit isn't alleging a 2nd amendment violation, so the thread title is fake news, its complaint is procedural, so these groups are not willing to do the heavy lifting and challenge the ban on 2nd amendment grounds.

"The group argued that the agency had flouted numerous procedures when it made the rule change, building its case mostly on procedural law rather than invoking the Second Amendment."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.d8111d27f1b6
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, that little nugget of truth just destroyed a few narratives... I guess you don't understand 3D chess.
    The narrative is that he is better than Hillary and remember, Trump even voted for Obama. Its kinds complicated but you still have to pprove to his supporters that he is would be worse than Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    you can use a rubberband to bumpfire.
    For a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Superfluous Man again.

Yep. And the next president will simply ban large capacity magazines through executive order.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    But muh Trumphurt...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    once again, you can still buy a bump fire stock right now. Or you can use a rubberband to bumpfire.

https://www.rwarms.com/products/slid...t=introduction

and this suit isn't alleging a 2nd amendment violation, so the thread title is fake news, its complaint is procedural, so these groups are not willing to do the heavy lifting and challenge the ban on 2nd amendment grounds.

"The group argued that the agency had flouted numerous procedures when it made the rule change, building its case mostly on procedural law rather than invoking the Second Amendment."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.d8111d27f1b6
    LOL. So Trump can attack the second amendment but if those who are against him do so on procedural grounds then it's not a second amendment fight? How hard have you been practicing your mental gymnastics?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yep. And the next president will simply ban large capacity magazines through executive order.
    We keep talking about how the next president will inherit the new power Trump hands off to him if his national emergency order is allowed to stand, but we've yet to see how Trump himself will be emboldened by it. If he wins that battle and this bump stock battle, the taste of that kind of power will be a drug he's only going to want more and more of.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 03-05-2019 at 04:51 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    But but but--muh wall!
    To be fair, terminology had bit evolved after recent Wall Summit deal making with Pelosi-Schumer / historic gov shutdown... so "muh steel slats" might be more current wording from branding stand point.

It will be overruled.
    How high is your confidence level about this prediction, 100% like prediction about MAGA's dedication to big gov shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Which is of course Trump's intention all along.
    Then why more more and GOP base are using terms like f-word/s-word about MAGA... bad communication of intentions with the base by the former reality TV star so well versed in communications otherwise?

2nd Amendment advocate on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

You will always be able to use a rubberband to bumpfire. They are trying to make bumpstocks illegal, they aren't going to make rubberbands illegal.

What it all shows is the absurdity of the whole thing, and the absurdity that anybody should really spend a lot of time or energy worrying about it to begin with.

If anything, Trump showed gun proponents how to make a $150 gun accessory with a $.05 rubberband.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We keep talking about how the next president will inherit the new power Trump hands off to him if his national emergency order is allowed to stand, but we've yet to see how Trump himself will be emboldened by it. If he wins that battle and this bump stock battle, the taste of that kind of power will be a drug he's only going to want more and more of.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Warlord again.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You will always be able to use a rubberband to bumpfire. They are trying to make bumpstocks illegal, they aren't going to make rubberbands illegal.
    Which is why the next gun accessory to be banned by executive order will be the high capacity magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

What it all shows is the absurdity of the whole thing, and the absurdity that anybody should really spend a lot of time or energy worrying about it to begin with.

If anything, Trump showed gun proponents how to make a $150 gun accessory with a $.05 rubberband.

You simply refuse to learn from the hard won experience of others who have been through this kind of thing before. You really should work on that.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Got that right.
    I second this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast