Thread: Rand was on Tucker again tonight, discussing why John Brennan still has top secret clearance

Rand was on Tucker again tonight, discussing why John Brennan still has top secret clearance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Big Boss Man

Pretty clear how Pompeo got to be President Secretary Of State.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Isn't their discussion somewhat misleading? I don't think TS clearance means you can access all TS information. The question is whether private citizen Brennan can access intelligence databases. I would think he cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    I would think he cannot.
    Why would it matter what you think?

Isn't their discussion somewhat misleading? I don't think TS clearance means you can access all TS information. The question is whether private citizen Brennan can access intelligence databases. I would think he cannot.
    Maybe not, but he can discuss classified info with other intelligence officers.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Pretty clear how Pompeo got to be President Secretary Of State.

Do you have any evidence or are you just fantasizing?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would the deepstate play by the rules?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This then debates the big Q as to whut DJT recently gave
    the highest security level clearances to that BHO didn't...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    This then debates the big Q as to whut DJT recently gave
    the highest security level clearances to that BHO didn't...
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He can?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What?
    Next big question. This century. The 21st and not the 20th.
    Do you think GWB & BHO and DJT have totally different criteria
    for the type of stuff that is at the highest security clearances?

He can?
    Good Q! I think he can.
    Not unless DJT recently
    cut him off almost totally.

There is every reason for Brennan not to maintain his security clearance and if he really still has it, it only leads me to believe that he has using black mail as leverage.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Do you have any evidence or are you just fantasizing?
    Speculation based on known facts.

1) Pompeo's got dirt on Trump, and everyone else.
    2) He's CIA scum like Brennan & Poppy Bush. A professional evil doer, skulduggery is his business.
    3) He wasn't hired for his great smile.

Most likely conclusion: He made Donnell an offer he couldn't refuse.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

edit.

He can?
    Next big question. This century. The 21st and not the 20th.
    Do you think GWB & BHO and DJT have totally different criteria
    for the type of stuff that is at the highest security clearances?
    Good Q! I think he can.
    Not unless DJT recently
    cut him off almost totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    There is every reason for Brennan not to maintain his security clearance...
    Robert Oppenheimer was never disloyal to the USA but he did loose his clearances after the war. Teller is behind the H-Bomb. Brennan has done nothing wrong by being as public as he is, but Senator Rand Paul has made a perfectly legitimate enquiry. If there is an impeachment trial, Brennan's testimony won't be contaminated by current events if his clearances are sharply reduced. Donald Trump's behavior is such where we can ask if a Senate Trial needs to be, but if we are not inside the security protocols of the Cold War, Red Hunting is not called for! A president can change policy via his high office, and this includes foreign policy. If Congress EVEN feels cut out of the loop, he or she can be impeached. Accusations of treason are hyperbole if our foreign policy is changing for good or ill.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not only that but he can be shown specific un-redacted intelligence reports. So if he is being briefed for a specific situation, instead of saying "I don't recall" or "To my knowledge" he can state unequivocally, such and such, is such and such. Something that may have been passed over in general by him can now become concrete. It's like giving the sports announcer the playbook.

Robert Oppenheimer was never disloyal to the USA but he did loose his clearances after the war. Teller is behind the H-Bomb. Brennan has done nothing wrong by being as public as he is, but Senator Rand Paul has made a perfectly legitimate enquiry. If there is an impeachment trial, Brennan's testimony won't be contaminated by current events if his clearances are sharply reduced. Donald Trump's behavior is such where we can ask if a Senate Trial needs to be, but if we are not inside the security protocols of the Cold War, Red Hunting is not called for! A president can change policy via his high office, and this includes foreign policy. If Congress EVEN feels cut out of the loop, he or she can be impeached. Accusations of treason are hyperbole if our foreign policy is changing for good or ill.
    Brennan is a criminal and a traitor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Brennan is a criminal and a traitor.
    Did he have something on Trump so Trump couldn't do anything about his clearance until meeting with a certain Kremlin agent in Helsinki?

Did he have something on Trump so Trump couldn't do anything about his clearance until meeting with a certain Kremlin agent in Helsinki?
    I think Trump likes to give people enough rope to hang themselves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think Trump likes to give people enough rope to hang themselves.
    While true, this is not his number one choice.

FDR almost got himself happily impeached in 1940 when quietly negotiating LEND LEASE.
    Congress needs to basically back each president up. Trump is not the Golden Standard.
    Trump plus any allies in Congress that back up his legitimacy to the degree that he is and
    can be effective defines treason, in the current hour. More correctly you may think & feel
    that Brennan's public statements and/or actions may be treason, but that does not make
    him a traitor. Trump recently has been given this as a label. Only after an impeachment trial
    that has a guilty verdict can this be true. Brennan's high security clearances suggest he is
    not a traitor, but his public statements suggest he is inside a polarizing and emotional spat
    with Number 45. Douglas MacArthur had been a five star general who was forced into an
    early retirement over a policy dispute. He had 50 nukes under his command and had wanted
    to happily lob them at a very large army entering the Korean Peninsula. He was not a traitor.
    He questioned policy, and Harry S Truman was thoroughly correct in demanding he be stateside.

FDR almost got himself happily impeached in 1940 when quietly negotiating LEND LEASE.
    Congress needs to basically back each president up. Trump is not the Golden Standard.
    Trump plus any allies in Congress that back up his legitimacy to the degree that he is and
    can be effective defines treason, in the current hour. More correctly you may think & feel
    that Brennan's public statements and/or actions may be treason, but that does not make
    him a traitor. Trump recently has been given this as a label. Only after an impeachment trial
    that has a guilty verdict can this be true. Brennan's high security clearances suggest he is
    not a traitor, but his public statements suggest he is inside a polarizing and emotional spat
    with Number 45. Douglas MacArthur had been a five star general who was forced into an
    early retirement over a policy dispute. He had 50 nukes under his command and had wanted
    to happily lob them at a very large army entering the Korean Peninsula. He was not a traitor.
    He questioned policy, and Harry S Truman was thoroughly correct in demanding he be stateside.
    The intelligence apparatus has each and every member of congress by the balls(few exceptions for Kentucky people). Give me a break.

The intelligence apparatus has each and every member of congress by the balls(few exceptions for Kentucky people). Give me a break.
    Humour me in a British manner in that FDR really went out on a limb to back Churchill
    up when also coming across as a gutless wonder in public prior to Pearl Harbor. Likewise
    when in retirement, as he experienced his big parade in NYC, Gen'l MacArthur deserved
    to see each piece of confetti fly about on the wind like that! I am trying to be very fair.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why are you defending Brennan so much?

There is actual evidence of Brennan's crimes and treason.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why are you defending Brennan so much?
    She wants an impeachment.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

She wants an impeachment.
    While hiding behind irrelevant history quotes. Sounds like a winner to me!

What OUR nation wen through in 1868, 1974 and 1999 is extremely relevant to what Sen. Mitch McConnell
    and Donald Trump now face. Sessions might be the next one to be let go. Privately, I do feel that Homeland
    Security was a waste of the taxpayers dollars, we only managed to reduce the terrorist threat on our port
    cities by only 5% to 10% and I'd prefer to return to a less repressive environment. We jail too many people.

Impeachment either convicts him or it makes his critics look extremely stupid. This is binary.