Thread: Using the eclipse path to highlight how racist America is

Exclamation Using the eclipse path to highlight how racist America is

American Blackout

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...ticle-comments

A tour of the solar eclipse’s path reveals a nation that fought to maintain a different sort of totality.

Totality is everything, say those who chase solar eclipses. When the moon fully obscures the sun and casts its shadow on Earth, the result is like nothing you’ve seen before—not even a partial eclipse. A merely partial eclipse does not flip day to night, because the sun is bright enough to light our fields of vision with only a tiny fraction of its power. But when the sun and moon align just so, a little piece of Earth goes dark in the middle of the day. In this path of totality, night comes suddenly and one can see the shape of the moon as a circle darker than black, marked by the faint backlight of the sun’s corona. Astronomers and eclipse chasers chart carefully to be sure that they can watch from exactly the right place at the right time. They know that you cannot compromise with the sun. For a dark sky, the sun must be banished altogether.

On August 21, 2017, a total solar eclipse will arrive mid-morning on the coast of Oregon. The moon’s shadow will be about 70 miles wide, and it will race across the country faster than the speed of sound, exiting the eastern seaboard shortly before 3 p.m. local time.

It has been dubbed the Great American Eclipse, and along most of its path, there live almost no black people.

Presumably, this is not explained by the implicit bias of the solar system. It is a matter of population density, and more specifically geographic variations in population density by race, for which the sun and the moon cannot be held responsible. Still, an eclipse chaser is always tempted to believe that the skies are relaying a message. At a moment of deep disagreement about the nation’s best path forward, here comes a giant round shadow, drawing a line either to cut the country in two or to unite it as one. Ancient peoples watched total eclipses with awe and often dread, seeing in the darkness omens of doom. The Great American Eclipse may or may not tell us anything about our future, but its peculiar path could remind us of something about our past—what it was we meant to be doing, and what we actually did along the way. And if it seems we need no reminding, consider this: We tend to backlight our history, and so run the risk of trying to recover a glory that never existed. When the light in August changes, watch carefully.

More at link...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AntiFa like to wave this banner, (one that frankly, I wish liberty people would wave as well)

And from the rest of the OP comes this:

And it’s true, compromise doesn’t have the best track record in this land. It’s easy to see why persons of very different views would feel similarly the lure of totality, the appeal of going big, going fast, going all the way. This vision is one of exclusionary totality, not inclusiveness or compromise. It’s a vision that demands that you fight for what you believe, making no concessions, admitting no errors. Let politics be the art of dominance, of getting a margin just big enough to seize control and obliterate those with whom we disagree. Even for those without a taste for dominance, we seem drawn more often toward avoidance and self-exile than to the thankless and seemingly cowardly effort to make ourselves understandable to one another. As the greatest fighter of all time taught, the hands can’t hit what the eye can’t see.

And then the shadow goes to sea, still indifferent to the Earth below, indifferent to the little creatures here, indifferent to these people indifferent to their own histories. Or perhaps we are not indifferent, but just no more capable than butterflies and bees of seeing the long path and of deciding to change it. The Great American Eclipse illuminates, or darkens, a land still segregated, a land still in search of equality, a land of people still trying to dominate each other. When the lovely glow of a backlight fades, history is relentless, just one damn fact after another, one damning fact after another. America is a nation with debts that no honest man can pay. It is too much to ask that these debts simply be forgiven. But perhaps the strange path of the eclipse suggests a need for reorganization. We have figured out, more or less, how to count every person. We have not yet found a political system in which every person counts equally.

"Become Ungovernable!"

and

"America is a nation with debts that no honest man can pay."

Both true, without question.

America is already ungovernable and most certainly has debts that can never be paid, monetary debts, and debts of atonement that will never, no matter how contrite and sincere, will ever be enough. History shows that when a once powerful majority gets deposed with a perceived debt burden that great, genocide of the worst sort often follows, as the mob, whether it be Jacobins, Bolsheviks, Kmer Rouge, Hutus or Nazis, extract their pound of flesh from the hides of their "oppressors" and "defilers".

There is only one way out of this: secession and separation.

I agree america is a nation with debt an honest man cannot pay , so I retired and I turn it all over to Danke to decide if he wishes to pay my share and his .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is only one way out of this: secession and separation.
    AF, I remember you from way back and always enjoy your posts.. How, pray tell, do you expect this to occur? I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I don't see enough Americans understanding why this needs to happen.
    Last edited by DGambler; 08-21-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    AF, I remember you from way back and always enjoy your posts.. How, pray tell, do you expect this to occur? I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I don't see enough Americans understanding why this needs to happen.
    There are not nearly enough "freedom folks" to make this happen, and the second we did, the shrieking hive of retardation would descend and condemn us all, to a man, as hopeless racists, worse than Hitler and so on.

The trick is to push the progressives into it.

CalExit for example.

I suggest a movement wide (not that we have much of a movement left) shift away from trying to educate people about liberty. That is as pointless and counterproductive as trying to teach a pig to whistle. The vast bulk of people hate liberty and do not want it.

Instead, plant the seeds of secession, the advantages of breaking clean and free and away from an America tainted and soiled by racism, sexism, genderism, ageism, weightism, sexualnormativism and so on.

Not only making a political break but a cultural and demographic break as well, sell the idea to the progressives about how much better off they will be once having jettisoned the old, racist, supremacists and other troglodytes.

Plant the seeds in their minds of the glowing utopia just around the corner, if they have but only the will to make it happen.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-21-2017 at 05:23 PM.

There are not nearly enough "freedom folks" to make this happen, and the second we did, the shrieking hive of retardation would descend and condemn us all, to a man, as hopeless racists, worse than Hitler and so on.

CalExit for example.

I suggest a movement wide (not that we have much of a movement left) shift away from trying to educate people about liberty. That is as pointless and counterproductive as trying to teach a pig to whistle. The vast bulk of people hate liberty and do not want it.

Instead, plant the seeds of secession, the advantages of breaking clean and free and away from an America tainted and soiled by racism, sexism, genderism, ageism, weightism, sexualnormativism and so on.

Not only making a political break but a cultural and demographic break as well, sell the idea to the progressives about how much better off they will be once having jettisoned the old, racist, supremacists and other troglodytes.

Plant the seeds in their minds of the glowing utopia just around the corner, if they have but only the will to make it happen.
    Target the message to the audience, some people are capable of learning but your idea is good for others.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

CalExit for example.

This is so right on the money. Attempts to sell liberty are largely an exercise in futility. It is much more sensible to separate. Why should liberals be burdened with non-liberals? Why should conservatives be forced to endure a communist for a president? Let us stop all of the crying every 8 years because a politician of the opposite party is the democratic dictator.

Of course our politicians don't want the charade to end because these are important tools they use keep running their grift.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

CalExit for example.

I'm in let's get going... Start a fund me and let's go hire a marketing firm.
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    I'm in let's get going... Start a fund me and let's go hire a marketing firm.
    How about a Go-Fund-Me page to start our own country.

ETA: I'm only half joking.

Jesus, Alice

The Atlantic inferred all this from the demonstrable fact that people of African descent often don't like snow, and there's only state on that path that doesn't get much?

Somebody's really reeeeeeeach-ing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Become ungovernable
    Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, gave it to goodwill, no matter what I do ungovernable forever

CalExit for example.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    Kurwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Jesus, Alice

Dam racist solar eclipse!