Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list

Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list

The Trump administration is planning to add seven countries - Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania - to its travel ban list, U.S. media reports said on Tuesday.Some countries will face bans only on some visa categories, the Wall Street Journal reported. The list of countries was not final and could yet change, website Politico said.
    U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with the Journal that he was considering adding countries to the travel ban, but declined to state which ones. Politico said an announcement was expected as early as Monday.

A senior Trump administration official said that countries that failed to comply with security requirements, including biometrics, information-sharing and counter-terrorism measures, faced the risk of limitations on U.S. immigration.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-adminis...204935095.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So , Iran , Libya , North Korea , Nigeria , Somalia , Syria , Yemen ,Venezuela , Myanmar ,Sudan , Tanzania , Eritrea , Belarus , and Kyrgyzstan failed counter terrorism measures . No surprise . I think we will survive ok here without issuing them visas .
    Do something Danke

Nigeria makes the headlines again.

Quote Originally Posted by polomertz View Post
    This is not the way.
    This is part of the way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's unlikely that UN refugees settlement leaders will be able to force US to accept persecuted refugees from Nigeria even if rumors of GOPA wing linked globalist neocons lobbies turned out to be founding fathers of IS.

Islamic State claims execution of 11 Christians in Nigeria

Jihadist group calls slayings ‘a message to Christians all over the world,’ says they are revenge for death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

By AFP 28 December 2019,

If it's confirmed as non-fakenews and not just temporary pre-election card like the second-amendment/birther/NAFTA-USMCA cards played pre 2016 elections, it would be somewhat ironic.

Nigeria, Kenya, others listed as Donald Trump’s strongholds in new Survey

"Majorities in the Philippines, Israel, Kenya, Nigeria and India have confidence that the president will do the right thing in world affairs.".
    2 weeks ago

This is not the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is part of the way.
    0:21

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is not the way.
    This is part of the way.

I need government to tell me where I am allowed to visit and/or do business, with papers please, just like I need a hole in the head.

Trumps company fired all employees and now mandates "optional" eVerify. The United Nations stated goal is to have every man, woman and child with Biometric Identification by 2030. And now this, which does not surprise me in the least.

Like the USMCA which is a communists dream, this initiative is a Statists dream come true.

Communists, Statists, they go hand-in-hand, this country tis of thee.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So does this mean Jules can't go back to his home country and visit?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So does this mean Jules can't go back to his home country and visit?
    I have issued him a pass to visit Danke .
    Do something Danke

Jules is not going to like this.

@juleswin I summon you to this thread. As someone who was born and raised in Nigeria, we need your input on this immediately.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-22-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I need government to tell me where I am allowed to visit and/or do business, with papers please, just like I need a hole in the head.

Trumps company fired all employees and now mandates "optional" eVerify. The United Nations stated goal is to have every man, woman and child with Biometric Identification by 2030. And now this, which does not surprise me in the least.

Like the USMCA which is a communists dream, this initiative is a Statists dream come true.

Communists, Statists, they go hand-in-hand, this country tis of thee.
    This is part of what Ron promised in his campaign because he knows we have to protect our lives and liberty from foreign enemies.
    And Trump has every right to use e-verify, you do not have a right to be employed by Trump, but he does oppose forcing employers to use it.

You are the one whose agenda goes hand in glove with the communists, they want to eliminate borders and overwhelm liberty societies with communists who will impose communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Jules is not going to like this.
    Good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    @juleswin I summon you to this thread. As someone who was born and raised in Nigeria, we need your input on this immediately.
    I am really not sure what a travel ban means, does it mean that I cannot fly to Nigeria anymore? and how does it work if I fly to Nigeria from say Amsterdam? I will wait and see what finally comes off this policy before I get outraged. Right now, I am cool with it.

This is part of what Ron promised in his campaign because he knows we have to protect our lives and liberty from foreign enemies.
    And Trump has every right to use e-verify, you do not have a right to be employed by Trump, but he does oppose forcing employers to use it.

You are the one whose agenda goes hand in glove with the communists, they want to eliminate borders and overwhelm liberty societies with communists who will impose communism.
    Hands down, the biggest neocon shill I am thrilled to not have the pleasure of wanting to meet or know.

Statist/communist forums are that-a-way ——>

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hands down, the biggest neocon shill I am thrilled to not have the pleasure of wanting to meet or know.

Thanks for making it clear you lost the argument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Only a terrorist would want to visit such a place.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am really not sure what a travel ban means, does it mean that I cannot fly to Nigeria anymore? and how does it work if I fly to Nigeria from say Amsterdam? I will wait and see what finally comes off this policy before I get outraged. Right now, I am cool with it.
    Last year they put a travel ban on Nigerian politicians . I would say cutting them down considerable is reasonable , last year Nigeria was 25 percent of all African non immigrant Visas , they were letting them renew without interviews . Now all must be interviewed because they are so many overstays , Nigerians account for most overstays , one third of the total. Those can be weeded out in the interview and just denied . Trump is stepping up . Nobody else has. These are for people there applying for short term visa for visitation with no intent of returning , should have no affect on you .
    Do something Danke

As an example , I would place a complete ban on the non immigrant short term visas to the countries that make up the most overstays like Brazil , Venezuela , Nigeria , Columbia and China. That would immediately eliminate 145k or so overstays and then work from there .
    Do something Danke

I think the US can operate fine without adding these illegals ea yr .
    Do something Danke

This is not the way.
    This is directed at overstays primarily for the African and South American countries . I would prefer everyone could travel freely but ea nation has a right to not accept illegal immigrants as the norm . So this may actually be one of the better ways to cut that number as far as I know .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Only a terrorist would want to visit such a place.
    I hope some of us, including myself, may be lost in sarcasm. Do you mean this?

0:21

Try again, Ron Paul said none of those words. Just because it was a campaign ad doesn’t mean it came from his mouth. We all know his campaign management was unsatisfactory
    . Let’s compare ron paul to a truck. Hoorah!!
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope some of us, including myself, may be lost in sarcasm. Do you mean this?
    I would say that Danke is joking.

PAF is not, PAF is an open borders anarchist who routinely claims that any measures to limit who can come here are akin to communism because they rest on a collective ownership of territorial rights by Americans for the purpose of protecting their lives and liberty from foreign enemies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Try again, Ron Paul said none of those words. Just because it was a campaign ad doesn’t mean it came from his mouth. We all know his campaign management was unsatisfactory
    . Let’s compare ron paul to a truck. Hoorah!!
    Listen to the end.
    "I'm Ron Paul and I approved of this message"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Listen to the end.
    "I'm Ron Paul and I approved of this message"
    Ya. Heard it. It hurts to hear it. But he didn’t say that $#@!. That was a campaign ad that most of us thought wack!
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

Ya. Heard it. It hurts to hear it. But he didn’t say that $#@!. That was a campaign ad that most of us thought wack!
    Do you believe Americans have a right to control who comes here to protect our lives and our liberty?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like Ron I’m for secure borders & he’s always said that doesn’t involve a wall, or travel bans, or sanctions, or tariffs, or kinetic military action.

Do you believe Americans have a right to control who comes here to protect our lives and our liberty?
    You (should) have a right to your liberty & property. But you don’t own the U.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast