Thread: Drudge coverage, pro MAGA or pro establishment?

Drudge coverage, pro MAGA or pro establishment?

Even left leaning google news top headlines are covering historic NK Summit (that could land a Nobel Peace prize for one or both leaders possibly ), but this is top Drudge headline a day after our national leader held historic summit:

COHEN FLIPS?

In contrast, NK's supreme leadrer is being treated as a rock star in Asia before and after Summit.

Kim and his entourage were greeted by hordes of photographers wherever they went. As an Australian journalist covering the summit put it, Kim himself was treated like a rockstar:
    Kim Jong un cheered a like a rockstar on his arrival at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore #trumpkimsummit pic.twitter.com/jchEPcgTW7
    — Sarah Blake (@sarahblakemedia) June 11, 2018

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...esults-w521438

Two and two don't add up.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In contrast, NK's supreme leadrer is being treated as a rock star on his return.
    Kim won the popular vote.

Drudge is little more than an MSM feed aggregator these days. You could achieve the same thing with RSS subscriptions to NYTimes, WaPo and LA Times.

The day before my last visit to Drudge, about 2 years ago now, I counted the number of links to the NY Times on his one and only webpage. There were SEVENTEEN of them! Plus a dozen to WaPo.

If I want NYT/WaPo stories I'll visit those sites. But I don't because cynical lies are of no interest to me. And for that very same reason Drudge is not in my bookmarks anymore, after having been since the days when nobody knew who he was except us underground-right folks complaining about the Clintons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    DR has always been feed aggregator with rare exceptions, but there is editorializing involved also in deciding which story to make the biggest banner headline on a given day.
    The relatively recent change is that these days, every single feature headline is always from NYT or WaPo or one of their fellow traveler orgs. Every one. Drudge has all but completely abandoned the alternative media environment he was fundamental in creating.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    The relatively recent change is that these days, every single feature headline is always from NYT or WaPo or one of their fellow traveler orgs. Every one. Drudge has all but completely abandoned the alternative media environment he was fundamental in creating.
    Maybe Drudge got sick of posting links that very shortly end up showing a 503 http status code. The thing about some newspaper groups and alternative media sites is that many have no clue how to manage a web server, their CMS and/or handle spikes in traffic. So a spike in traffic from a Drudge link shuts them down for a day due to either having low end servers, mis-configured servers, CMS's not configured properly to handle traffic spikes or some service like Cloudflare blocking legit traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Maybe Drudge got sick of posting links that very shortly end up showing a 503 http status code. The thing about some newspaper groups and alternative media sites is that many have no clue how to manage a web server, their CMS and/or handle spikes in traffic. So a spike in traffic from a Drudge link shuts them down for a day due to either having low end servers, mis-configured servers, CMS's not configured properly to handle traffic spikes or some service like Cloudflare blocking legit traffic.
    That's true, it has been frequently hilarious to hear over the years the many cases where a single Drudge link brought down normally low-traffic website that was completely unprepared to get thousands of hits every second.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drudge is a traitor to the Leader and the Revolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.