Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRIORITY for the next few weeks! June 16-18 - RLC New Orleans - STRAW POLL

Exclamation PRIORITY for the next few weeks! June 16-18 - RLC New Orleans - STRAW POLL

Please sign up here for tickets to the Republican Leadership Conference. The conference is in New Orleans June 16 -18. Congressman Ron Paul will be speaking and there will be a straw poll at the event.

Sign up for FREE tickets: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/republica...rence-tickets/

Event information: http://www.rlc2011.com/

UPDATE: Registration and Voting Details from Debbie Hopper:

Straw poll voting will be in the Grand Salon on Friday from 11am - 6pm and Saturday from 11am - 1:30pm.

If you registered for tickets on RP2012.com, you can pick up your credentials at the RP 2012 registration desk on the 3rd floor in the Ascot room.

Will let you know if any of this changes.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 06-04-2011 at 08:15 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Please sign up here for tickets to the Republican Leadership Conference. The conference is in New Orleans June 16 -18. Congressman Ron Paul will be speaking and there will be a straw poll at the event.

Sign up for FREE tickets: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/republica...rence-tickets/

Event information: http://www.rlc2011.com/
    I wish the form asked for mobile phone numbers so that supporters could be woken up on the morning of the poll. That would have made the difference between 2nd and 1st last year.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-27-2011 at 08:38 AM.

There was a special forum created so this stuff wouldn't show up so easily in google, our last thread came up high on a google search of srlc 2011
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I gotcha, but it's only weeks away....

Do we know when the straw poll is? If I can only come up on Friday and Saturday, can I still vote? Not sure if I can take the time off of work to get there on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    There was a special forum created so this stuff wouldn't show up so easily in google, our last thread came up high on a google search of srlc 2011
    Crap, I thought this was in the SRLC sub-forum. I vote to move it there immediately.

You can always post another thread in General Politics that links to this one without announcing free tickets to the whole world.

im interested in going, but airline $$ and hotel $$ adds up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by jt8025 View Post
    Do we know when the straw poll is? If I can only come up on Friday and Saturday, can I still vote? Not sure if I can take the time off of work to get there on Thursday.
    last year, the straw poll ended around lunch on saturday.
    originally people were told voting was until 5pm, so several people missed the vote.
    vote as soon as you get there.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't seen SRLC mentioned on any other forums yet. Seems like there is so much other stuff brewing up that it's catching people by surprise this year.

I understand the straw poll is Thursday AND Friday, and Ron is speaking Friday, but I don't know what time voting stops Friday. That is scuttlebutt, however. I did send them an email, but they didn't get back to me, yet, in any event.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I haven't seen SRLC mentioned on any other forums yet. Seems like there is so much other stuff brewing up that it's catching people by surprise this year.
    It wasn't going to have a straw poll until last week but they didn't get enough people, I think. They do not give student discounts, wonder why?

They do not give student discounts, wonder why?
    Too much enthusiasm?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

My girlfriend and I would like to come but we wouldn't arrive until late friday night. If we knew for sure we could still vote in the straw poll Saturday morning we would come.

Alternatively I could come without her for the full trip but I'm kind of hesitant about travelling by myself. Anyone have any more info?

I signed up on the website - looking forward to it! CPAC was incredible, let's do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    My girlfriend and I would like to come but we wouldn't arrive until late friday night. If we knew for sure we could still vote in the straw poll Saturday morning we would come.

Alternatively I could come without her for the full trip but I'm kind of hesitant about travelling by myself. Anyone have any more info?
    You might want to come by yourself. Go to the SRLC subforum for more info. I THINK Ron is speaking about 2 pm Friday. I understand the straw poll is open Friday, but I don't know how late. They never got back to my email. I'll try them again.

Hotel information? Where are you guys staying at? I am in if I get a ticket.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XTreat View Post
    Hotel information? Where are you guys staying at? I am in if I get a ticket.
    2nd this question.

Go to the SRLC subforum the planning should be there. I am going to take 'free tickets' out of the heading because it is showing up in google, and that is the precise thing we don't want to make a big deal of, because we are already viewed as 'paying' for people to go, which isn't true, but the tickets fit into the meme, even though they aren't from the campaign.

I want to go, but finals and graduation are going to prevent that from happening.

But anyway, bump bump bump! We need the same amount of support we had at CPAC to be at SRLC.

Ron makes a good speech, he wins the poll, he grabs headlines, and we got another week with the last name "Paul" at the forefront of American politics.

Ron is speaking Friday early afternoon, I believe.

Exclamation

If you need $$$ in order to make the trip, START A CHIP-IN!!!!

http://www.chipin.com/

"FREE Tickets" should be in the title

I can't see the sub-forum, I do not have access to it yet. So I need hotel information either on this thread or in a PM please.

Hotel info for everyone.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...41d2b346a&z=10

hotels south of poydras street could be a bit low class and unsafe. except for those on the south side of the mississippi (the west bank)
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Hotel info for everyone.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...41d2b346a&z=10

hotels south of poydras street could be a bit low class and unsafe. except for those on the south side of the mississippi (the west bank)
    I'm going to start a new thread on this.

I just registered for tickets, so Ron is speaking Friday? I will try to make it AND vote in the straw poll, i usually get off work at 11 am on fridays. So does anyone know for sure when is the straw poll starts? Is it Friday? What time should I be there..
    "Business as usual is not on the menu, folks...we're either going to into an era of immense resource scarcity, regimentation, governmental interference in our lives, tremendous propagandistic efforts to make us do one thing or another, or were going to pull the plug on scientism and its stooges and the institutions which feed [it]."-Terence McKenna

This thread needs to be read by anyone attending the SRLC: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ost-it-for-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn View Post
    I just registered for tickets, so Ron is speaking Friday? I will try to make it AND vote in the straw poll, i usually get off work at 11 am on fridays. So does anyone know for sure when is the straw poll starts? Is it Friday? What time should I be there..
    Without any details from the SRLC about the straw poll yet, it's hard to say, but going by last year's, which was on Friday/Saturday/Sunday instead of Thrusday/Friday/Saturday, getting there after 11am on Friday (which corresponds to 11am Saturday last year) is really pushing your luck. While straw poll voting continued right up until about 4:30pm Saturday, you had to have checked in before 1pm on Saturday in order to vote. So I'd assume you need to check in by 1pm or earlier on Friday this year.
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 05-28-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    This thread needs to be read by anyone attending the SRLC: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ost-it-for-Ron

Without any details from the SRLC about the straw poll yet, it's hard to say, but going by last year's, which was on Friday/Saturday/Sunday instead of Thrusday/Friday/Saturday, getting there after 11am on Friday (which corresponds to 11am Saturday last year) is really pushing your luck. While straw poll voting continued right up until about 4:30pm Saturday, you had to have checked in before 1pm on Saturday in order to vote. So I'd assume you need to check in by 1pm or earlier on Friday this year.
    Thanks for the reply, I live like 45 mins from New Orleans so If I need to check in by 1, I may be able to make it. But if i have to miss work I will since Friday is not an important day usually at work( we work 9 hrs monday-thursday so we can get off friday early[4 hrs]). I'm hoping the straw poll is on Saturday this year, but if Ron is speaking Friday then better for poll to be then.
    "Business as usual is not on the menu, folks...we're either going to into an era of immense resource scarcity, regimentation, governmental interference in our lives, tremendous propagandistic efforts to make us do one thing or another, or were going to pull the plug on scientism and its stooges and the institutions which feed [it]."-Terence McKenna

I registered yesterday for tickets, we will be driving in on Thursday night from College Station, so hopefully we won't miss too much. Where is this SLRC forum? I don't see it anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast