Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: broken right hand

just now finding full extent of fall injuries, not only fractures in rt hand, also deep bruising in rt elbow, rt knee, damage to two fingers. u don't feel everything right off sometimes. getting very very hungry!!

silver lining perhaps, premises liability involved? investigating now. ouch... worth a bit of suffering to get $$ from ins. co.?

stupid stupid me, gel caps stuck togther from dampness, whacked bottom of bottle with rt hand automatically w/o thinkin, major pain!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    getting very very hungry!!
    put whole chicken in pot, fill with whatever veggies you have, add rice, boil

add one quart of water at a time to fill pot and ladle back out to pints for fridge storage

milk it for a week on the cheap, bone soup good for broken bones;
    endless serving size soup leftovers good for easy low cost hot meals

week 2 and 3 find a beef or pork shoulder, rinse and repeat.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    put whole chicken in pot, fill with whatever veggies you have, add rice, boil

add one quart of water at a time to fill pot and ladle back out to pints for fridge storage

milk it for a week on the cheap, bone soup good for broken bones;
    endless serving size soup leftovers good for easy low cost hot meals

week 2 and 3 find a beef or pork shoulder, rinse and repeat.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to presence again."

Great idea! Will try to get chicken tomorrow. Have onion, carrot, celery, little of this, that, other will make great meals!

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I hope you are feeling better today.
    not yet, worry about what i might do during sleep, no conscious control

jeans, minor problem; bra, major problem; shoelaces = total befuddlement

jeans, minor problem; bra, major problem; shoelaces = total befuddlement
    Back in 84 or '85 I broke my left wrist and it was in a cast for months , Shoe laces on tennis shoes were not too bad , I would tie them ( loose) with my teeth and the one good hand and then just slip them on / off, my real problem was it was required I wear boots to work and I still worked every day ,. so that took awhile to tie with just one hand .
    Do something Danke

Bra = get it clipped about where you wear it normally, slip over your head like a t-shirt/sports bra, then get used to doing several minutes of shimmying and adjusting. It does work, though, since getting that clasp done behind your back is simply not happening.

Shoes = tie them once and keep slipping them on, or

Insurance... claims are not at all as simple as people like to think. Did you inform the owner of the incident? Did you get a medical evaluation right away? Did you have a reasonable expectation of safety at the location in question?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

On the bright side, you only need one hand to vote
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What is a WELS?
    A bunch of sinners attempting to follow the manual (Bible), as stated. The site has more info.

Looks like you're typing better! Hope you're felling better, too.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post

Insurance... claims are not at all as simple as people like to think. Did you inform the owner of the incident? Did you get a medical evaluation right away? Did you have a reasonable expectation of safety at the location in question?
    Yes all three. Owner actually saw me fall.

Surprised and pleased I got custom made brace instead of cast. Very light yet strong, and can be removed for bathing. Three fingers free to move! Follow-up app't in 4 weeks. Also met with attorney, he sez good case but will take time to complete; must wait for end of medical treatment.

Clogs are stylish right now. That's what I wore when I broke my elbow. You have no idea what your elbow is connected to until you br ask it. Yikes. I wore pullover sports bras for the most part. I'm no baby about pain, but getting dressed in the morning would send me to my knees.

I got hurt at work, and you have no idea how hard it is to provide a urine sample when you are in that amount of pain. I couldn't get my pants unfastened, and once I provided the sample, it was very hard to redress myself.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's now 8.5 weeks since the fracture happened, and I am still in rough shape. The PA at the last doctor visit said I could stop wearing the brace after 2-3 more weeks. That was Dec. 8th, and as of today, the slightest movement involving the fractured area causes me to wince with pain. By the end of each day, the whole hand has swelled and I see fresh bruising. So I'm still wearing the brace a lot of the time.

When I am not wearing the brace, I try to exercise the hand in ways that don't involve the fracture area. I can tell from attempting those movements that having the hand immobilized for such a long time has caused tightening of the soft tissue and that this will be problematic long after the bone has fully healed. It will probably add another month or so to my recovery time -- and I will have been without the full use of my right hand for at least four months!

Meanwhile my clothes washer has sprung a leak, I can't use or repair it, nor can I drive to a coin laundry, nor can I do hand washing, because it takes two hands to wring stuff out. So laundry has been piling up for the last three months except for a few things that I've managed to clean with great difficulty.

It is quite depressing to be forced to wear dirty clothes. Same goes for the dishes. Both kitchen sinks are filled with stuff waiting to be washed, and there are stacks of more things on the floor, on the counters, and elsewhere. It's been a real challenge to keep myself fed because of this. The very thought of having to cook is depressing. I've eaten more chicken soup in the last two months than in the rest of my life combined!

It's been a very, very trying time. Seems like an eternity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1006.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	5512

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1005.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	5513
    Last edited by Suzu; 01-01-2017 at 09:06 AM.

You should look into some comfrey oil.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    You should look into some comfrey oil.
    Is that for internal or external use?

Is that for internal or external use?
    External use.

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Ways-Her.../dp/B0011NM8UU
    https://wellnessmama.com/8230/comfre...-herb-profile/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12