Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon to your town: 416 people leave NYC - LA - Chicago each day

Exclamation Coming soon to your town: 416 people leave NYC - LA - Chicago each day

Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...graphic-trends

December 14 2018, 11:18 AM

(Bloomberg) -- Even migration is bigger in Texas. Dallas leads all U.S. cities as the largest net gainer with 246 people arriving daily, according to a Bloomberg analysis of 2017 Census data on migration to the 100 largest U.S. metropolitan areas. In 2014, the crown belonged to Houston with 269 migrants per day.

After Dallas, Sun Belt beacons Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta and Orlando round out the top five. Seattle, at number six with a gain of 116 people daily, is the only cold-weather destination in the top 10. The daily influx surpassed 100 people in nine cities, while Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles saw an exodus of more than 100 people every day.

These figures exclude the natural increase in population, which is the difference between the number of live births and the number of deaths.

The migration trend has two channels -- international and domestic. The international portion is the difference between those moving from outside the U.S. and those leaving the country. The second part of the equation, net domestic migration counts those who move in from another part of the country and subtracts those who leave for other U.S. areas.

Voting with Their Feet

Relocations can lead to large skill and investment transfers.

People who choose to relocate to other parts of the country are taking their talents with them. States and local governments make a large investment in educating people and many people further this by investing in a college education, so when one moves, a large investment transfer is occurring.

Dallas was the greatest beneficiary of this domestic migration, adding nearly 59,000 domestic movers in 2017, followed by Phoenix (51,000) and Tampa (41,000), which serve as anchors for the western and southern regions that got the bulk of the gains.

On the flip side, more than 208,000 residents left the New York City metropolitan area last year. This was nearly twice as many as the second biggest loser, Los Angeles, which had a decline of nearly 110,000. Chicago fell by 85,000. Honolulu, San Jose, New York and Bridgeport, CT lost the highest shares of their residents to other parts of the country.

In Chicago, New York and Los Angeles, the three areas with a triple-digit daily exodus, people are fleeing at a greater rate than just a few years earlier. Soaring home prices and high local taxes are pushing local residents out and scaring off potential movers from other parts of the country.

Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

Boise, ID and Charleston, SC reported more than 10 times as many domestic net movers as international arrivals in their metro areas. In 2017, Boise gained 41 people per day and Charleston 28.

Data on migration flows are essential for understanding localized growth for everything from employment, real estate trends, retail development to government infrastructure and environmental shocks.

International Migration

Miami, San Jose, Orlando and New York gained the largest share of population from abroad. Boston and Washington tied for the fifth spot. Aside from Orlando, all of these cities lost residents to other parts of the country.

Among the 100 most populous metro areas, 28 shrank in total net migration, all due to negative domestic migration. Of the 71 areas posting a net gain, 18 lost residents to other parts of the country and could attribute their gains solely to international migration. New Orleans was the only area where the influx and exodus was a wash.

Turnaround

Seven metro areas have been successful in turning the tide on migration flows in recent years. In 2014, Albuquerque, NM; Dayton, OH; Philadelphia, Provo, UT; Salt Lake City, Scranton, PA; and Springfield, MA were all seeing a daily loss due to migration. But these all reported net positives in 2017.

"New Mexico’s strong business climate for manufacturers makes for a very compelling value proposition. With a competitive total cost of operations, we can compete with foreign-made product right," said T. C. Huang, Chairman & CEO of I-Sheng Electric Wire & Cable and majority shareholder of Admiral Cable, which recently announced plans to build a new manufacturing plant in New Mexico.

These sentiments were echoed in emailed comments from Mark Moores, a New Mexico state senator in Albuquerque -- "Now that we have a more competitive business climate to go with our amazing natural climate, people are rediscovering us."
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's OK. They all will be voting democrats.

Charlotte, N.C. +102. Christsakes, they are not even "half-backs" anymore. Just full on invaders.

Well, we know where this is going:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I say that they do and would be within their rights to restrict immigration form another state
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

"Your paperss, pleasse."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Charlotte, N.C. +102. Christsakes, they are not even "half-backs" anymore. Just full on invaders.
    Some of these states need to start putting more limited govt positions into their state constitutions, making it harder to change in the future.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and the majority is heading south BOOOOOOOO!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You're damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "Your paperss, pleasse."
    I'm interested in freedom.

More people always means less freedom.

So how about this?

You can move here, but you cannot vote in any federal, state or local election, ever, for the rest of your life.

The most leftist people I know want to leave California. They don’t like what it has become for a variety of reasons. They supported every politician and policy that created this situation. One of their criteria is to move to a “blue” community, or help turn one blue.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The most leftist people I know want to leave California. They don’t like what it has become for a variety of reasons. They supported every politician and policy that created this situation. One of their criteria is to move to a “blue” community, or help turn one blue.
    So they are admittedly and deliberately leaving in order to $#@! up somewhere else?

And, just like any dealings with the invading hordes at the border, I'm just supposed to sit on my hands and do nothing, because to say anything negative about it or to do anything about it, is statist, racist and supremecist?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-16-2018 at 11:53 AM.

So they are admittedly and deliberately leaving in order to $#@! up somewhere else?
    Now now, they would probably say the same thing about the "free state project".

They see it as wanting to be surrounded by those they agree with, and seeking a critical mass in another place is the way to do that. It’s essentially a political analogy with racism. They want to move, but want to avoid “those” people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Oh, they already have, many times...The New Bolsheviks are in power now in NH, and I shudder to think what they are going to ram through, a more dedicated mob of pussy protesters, electric blue haired lesbians and poofsters you've never seen, and they have universal hatred for the FSP.

The difference is, of course, we don't want anything from them, other than to be left alone.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They see it as wanting to be surrounded by those they agree with, and seeking a critical mass in another place is the way to do that. It’s essentially a political analogy with racism. They want to move, but want to avoid “those” people.
    So why are they moving to where "those people" live?

So why are they moving to where "those people" live?
    To flee the mess they contributed to creating.

They'll just move somewhere else and vote democrat.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "Your paperss, pleasse."
    That is exactly what the commies from the blue states will make happen and what you could avoid in your state if you didn't let them in.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm interested in freedom.

More people always means less freedom.

So how about this?

You can move here, but you cannot vote in any federal, state or local election, ever, for the rest of your life.
    They will raise their children and grandchildren to be commies and they will get to vote, limits on immigration combined with division into regions with compatible political cultures are required for liberty to survive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Politics has become war by other means in the literal sense and they are invaders taking advantage of the internal open borders to conquer and tyrannize the rest of us, sooner or later there will be war as politics by other means because of them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Which is why there must be a separation that results in hard borders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Which is why there must be a separation that results in hard borders.
    Government is the problem, not the solution.

Government "protects" the undesirables so expecting them to 'protect' you with hard borders means what?

Get government out of the mix and let folks sort out their own $#@!...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Government "protects" the undesirables so expecting them to 'protect' you with hard borders means what?

The people who must be kept out WILL impose a government on your happy little anarchy if they aren't kept out by hard borders and it will be a much worse government than one set up to keep them out by those with anarchist leanings.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

New Yorkers move to Florida. I spent 11 years in the hospitality industry and I still work in travel.

The rest move to Arizona. That explains the political fluidity of those two states more than immigration does.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    New Yorkers move to Florida. I spent 11 years in the hospitality industry and I still work in travel.
    The rest move to Arizona. That explains the political fluidity of those two states more than immigration does.
    Judging by last years "should I" queries on google, it appears that it is New Jerseyans that are moving to Arizona.

Judging by last years "should I" queries on google, it appears that it is New Jerseyans that are moving to Arizona.

Should I cut my hair?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The disease spreads from the urban laboratory.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Exactly.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast