Thread: Trump Blames Everything on the Governors

Trump Blames Everything on the Governors

Trump warned governors that they would look like fools if they did not take more action to stop rioting.

He urged them to dominate the streets with law enforcement before violence breaks out, rather than simply reacting to reports of looting and rioting.
    “You have to dominate; if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate,” he said.

Mayors and governors, he said, needed to come down hard on violent protesters.

“You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again,” he said.
    The president said that weak governors were making America look bad around the world.

“You know when other countries watch this, they’re watching this, the next day, ‘wow, they’re really a pushover,'” he said. “And we can’t be a pushover. And we have all the resources – it’s not like we don’t have the resources. So, I don’t know what you’re doing.”
    Source.

So how are Governors supposed to "put them in jail for 10 years?"

Is he giving them permission to declare martial law?

I am sure the most liberal governors will go out and find all those "white supremacists" and be all too happy to put them in jail for 10 years while BLMers roam free....

Look for widespread tracking now, for any and every purpose...
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The governors are at fault. Everyone wants "states rights..." well the governors are the ones to call the shots and call for national guard during insurrections. A lot of these governors told their police to stand down, in many of the reports I have read.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The governors are at fault. Everyone wants "states rights..." well the governors are the ones to call the shots and call for national guard during insurrections. A lot of these governors told their police to stand down, in many of the reports I have read.
    Exactly!

They won't let property owners protect their property and they won't have the cops do it either.

The governors are complacent in the crimes.

The governors are loving every second of these riots. They love seeing peoples businesses getting destroyed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ok, so then answer my question:

Because governors are not judges and do not have authority to lock anyone up, unless they declare martial law and forego the Constitution for due process.

Also, this is happening in EVERY state, not just Blue states.
    Last edited by Created4; 06-01-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post

Because governors are not judges and do not have authority to lock anyone up, unless they declare martial law and forego the Constitution for due process.

These are simple crimes and people should be arrested by local law enforcement. Instead you see cops in these liberal cities standing by and watching looting happening less than 100 yards away.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 06-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Trump is saying, you have to make examples out of these people so they may think twice about making decisions to do evil.

1 Corinthians 10:6

"Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Trump is saying, you have to make examples out of these people so they may think twice about making decisions to do evil.

1 Corinthians 10:6

"Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved."
    Your still avoiding my question and not answering it....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I answered your question. President Trump is saying these things to point out that the governors in these state and state legislators have to make examples out of this type evil or this will continue. If the criminals no there is no consequences for ruining peoples property or hurting, maiming or killing people, they are not going to stop it will only get worse.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Governors communicate to the Mayors and to do their jobs and have their police arrest the criminals and instruct the Attorney General to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Chief Executives don't carry handcuffs, they provide leadership.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I answered your question. President Trump is saying these things to point out that the governors in these state and state legislators have to make examples out of this type evil or this will continue. If the criminals no there is no consequences for ruining peoples property or hurting, maiming or killing people, they are not going to stop it will only get worse.
    No, you're not answering the question at all. You're just repeating what Trump said.

How is a governor supposed to "put them in jail for 10 years?"

That's not the role of a governor, and if he gives governors that power by allowing martial law to usurp the Constitution, you will see very different people locked up in Blue states than you do in Red states.

Rebuking the governors for not calling out the National Guard sooner, is understandable, as that is in the power of the governors.

But prosecuting people and putting them in jail is the job of the Attorney General, with full due process of law.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    No, you're not answering the question at all. You're just repeating what Trump said.

That's not the role of a governor, and if he gives governors that power by allowing martial law to usurp the Constitution, you will see very different people locked up in Blue states than you do in Red states.

Rebuking the governors for not calling out the National Guard sooner, is understandable, as that is in the power of the governors.

But prosecuting people and putting them in jail is the job of the Attorney General, with full due process of law.
    How is it that the President can give power to a Governor?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    How is it that the President can give power to a Governor?
    He can't, at least not without suspending the Constitution, which has been pretty common the past few months. That's the whole point. Trump is blaming the Governors for doing something they cannot do, and something he cannot give them power to do, unless martial law is declared.

How about telling the governors to tell the police to do their jobs and get those folks in front of the Attorney General?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    How about telling the governors to tell the police to do their jobs and get those folks in front of the Attorney General?
    How about it? Of course, the police are just as corrupt in Red states as they are in Blue states, so he won't win any political points for that.

Telling them to call out the National Guard is really the best solution at this point, in my opinion, because there is not as much corruption in the Guard, and they are less likely to contribute to the problem.

I just don't know if there are enough of them to handle this...

President Trump is not doing well with the Washington DC White House riots, he's in no position to criticize or offer anyone advise.

Fires light up Washington DC on third night of George Floyd protests

Sunday evening’s demonstrations began peacefully but deteriorated into firecrackers, teargas and multiple fires

Julian Borger in Washington DC
    Mon 1 Jun 2020 01.09 EDT First published on Mon 1 Jun 2020 00.19 EDT

Fires burn near White House as George Floyd protests rage – video

Multiple fires broke out near the White House late on Sunday evening, as angry protesters gathered in Washington DC for the third night in a row following the death of George Floyd.

Sunday evening’s protests in front of the White House started relatively cheerfully, with a crowd of a few thousand in Lafayette park. Earlier in the day, demonstrators had marched through the city’s downtown, chanting “George Floyd! Say his name!” and “No Justice! No Peace!”

But as the 11 pm curfew approached, tensions between protesters and police mounted. Demonstrators faced off against a line of a few hundred police supported by national guardsmen. The lights illuminating the north side of the White House, which had provided the backdrop to the face off between protesters and police, were turned off. In normal times, they are only ever turned off when a president dies.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/6386f...ormat&fit=max&
    People run as police disperse protesters in Washington DC. Photograph: Jim Bourg/Reuters

When 11pm came, the police line in front of the White House advanced with teargas rounds across Lafayette park clearing out the protesters, with intermittent sprints.
    An area of a few blocks around the White House was thick with smoke. A fire was started in the basement of St John’s church, which since 1816 has been the “Church of the Presidents”. Every president from James Madison on has worshipped there. The DC fire service got there quickly and are reported to have put it out.

Around the corner, however, a few protesters smashed the plate glass window front of the AFL-CIO Union federation headquarters and someone started a fire in the lobby. A couple of bystanders tried to dissuade them, shouting that the “unions are on our side” but to no avail. Fifty yards away, on I Street, a car was burning and a group of six young men were running down the street and smashing the windows of every car they came across with metal baseball bats.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/05e70...ormat&fit=max&
    Protesters throw a US flag into a fire during a demonstration outside the White House. Photograph: Samuel Corum/AFP/Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...floyd-protests
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Left wing governors and mayors are allowing their cities to be looted and burned to the ground, who is telling the police to stand down? Who is encouraging people to "protest"? Ironically the same people that don't want to allow people to go to church and say we need to wear a mask everywhere. 100% its on them!

18 U.S. Code § 2383.Rebellion or insurrection
    U.S. Code

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

18 U.S. Code § 2383.Rebellion or insurrection
    U.S. Code

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)
    This is a federal act that involves the U.S. military and has nothing to do with Governors "putting them in jail for 10 years."

I already predicted that this might the goal, the militarization of our cities. This would be very dangerous path, and a very slippery slope, to go down....

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    He can't, at least not without suspending the Constitution, which has been pretty common the past few months. That's the whole point. Trump is blaming the Governors for doing something they cannot do, and something he cannot give them power to do, unless martial law is declared.
    I don't understand... are you saying that state governments can't arrest rioters and put them in jail without a declaration of martial law?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Is he giving them permission to declare martial law?
    Don't be stupid.

They are committing crimes and he is telling the governors to have them arrested and prosecuted for their crimes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Except most, if not all, the governors are controlled players acting in concert. A bunch of Rothschild trained Catholic bankers and attorneys placed in position for this time.

REX84. Planned long ago and being executed right now.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-01-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Left wing governors and mayors are allowing their cities to be looted and burned to the ground, who is telling the police to stand down? Who is encouraging people to "protest"? Ironically the same people that don't want to allow people to go to church and say we need to wear a mask everywhere. 100% its on them!
    Yup its the Left wing governors and mayors telling the cops to stand down. Like that one mayor or gov shes literally on a presser blaming everything on the white people and white racists without offering any evidence.

Governors have been a disappointment .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nm
    Last edited by devil21; 06-02-2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: cant verify info
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Governors have been a disappointment .
    Why blame the governors? Why shift the blame? It is the people who elect them.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)