View Poll Results: Love for Jesse?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 = Jesse Benton is very bad for the liberty movement.

39 38.24%
  • 2 = I'm not optimistic about his future in liberty.

24 23.53%
  • 3 = I guess you could say net loss.

8 7.84%
  • 4 = I'm indifferent, time will tell.

21 20.59%
  • 5 = I guess you could say net gain.

4 3.92%
  • 6 = Generally good vibes charting forward.

4 3.92%
  • 7 = Jesse Benton is very good for the liberty movement.

2 1.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Forest Sentiment: Jesse Benton

Liberty Forest Sentiment: Jesse Benton

Jesse Benton is a political consultant and libertarian activist known for working with conservative and libertarian organizations like Americans for Tax Reform, the Liberty Coalition, and the American Conservative Union. Benton is strongly associated with the Paul family, serving as a high-ranking staffer for both Ron Paul and Rand Paul, and being married to Ron Paul's granddaughter. Benton currently serves as the campaign manager of Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who is running for re-election in 2014. Benton has come under criticism for his role in Ron Paul's 2012 presidential campaign.[1]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Benton

Last edited by presence; 08-14-2013 at 06:19 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm surprised by the early results, I thought the board was more 50/50 than this.
    Last edited by presence; 08-15-2013 at 07:47 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

I wan't to take him seriously, but it's hard to imagine that anything useful has ever come out of that baby face of his.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

I found him to be "puff up, stick a pin in it". Very discouraging. But, perhaps he's not the one responsible for some of the emails that came out in 2011-12.
    "Hording cash for CA and TX', I'll never forget, hopes up, stick a pin in it.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

He's the only regret I have about donating to the RP campaign.

How do I get in touch w/ Jesse via email most directly?

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Me too, I WILL NOT donate to Rand in 16 if Benton is onboard. I will spend my money locally doing grassroots endeavors.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    How do I get in touch w/ Jesse via email most directly?
    info@boxNSAinquires.com

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

That goes for me too. He was very condescending to many of us volunteers. It gave me a bad taste in my mouth from day one. I overlooked a lot of it then because my main goal was get Dr. Paul's message out.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

6, not perfect but not bad. He got Rand elected and Ron's '12 campaign went better than anyone expected. I don't really care about the petty infighting some of you get all worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    6, not perfect but not bad. He got Rand elected and Ron's '12 campaign went better than anyone expected. I don't really care about the petty infighting some of you get all worked up about.
    Rand got Rand elected, not Benton. Rand might have done even better with a more competent and less political hack campaign manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Rand got Rand elected, not Benton. Rand might have done even better with a more competent and less political hack campaign manager.
    Thanks for quickly affirming the petty infighting around here. It serves no one.

Thanks for quickly affirming the petty infighting around here. It serves no one.
    How is that petty infighting when someone states an opinion?

I take umbrage are your inference of infighting by telling our experiences and opinions of Jesse Benton. Jesse drew first blood by keeping those enthusiastic supporters from being heard and ignored.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Actually, he has become the face for all the incompetence in the campaign.
    I'm not sure if it was all him (I'm sure there were others) But he has become the visible face.

And he earned that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul supporters don't play along to get along. "Petty infighting?" I prefer to think of it as a difference of opinions.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and yet here you are with your own brand of 'unifying'...

your 'opinion' has been noted, and filed away..over here....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> O <

• 1 = Jesse Benton is very bad for the liberty movement.

21 38.18%
    • 2 = I'm not optimistic about his future in liberty.

13 23.64%
    • 3 = I guess you could say net loss.

4 7.27%
    • 4 = I'm indifferent, time will tell.

12 21.82%
    • 5 = I guess you could say net gain.

2 3.64%
    • 6 = Generally good vibes charting forward.

2 3.64%
    • 7 = Jesse Benton is very good for the liberty movement.

1 1.82%

first day results:

69.1% Net Loss for Liberty or worse

21.8% Indifferent

9.1% Net Gain for Liberty or better
    Last edited by presence; 08-15-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I wish I knew more about the whole thing. Benton seems suspicious but I can't trust the mudslingers like Wenzel either...

Quote Originally Posted by liberalnurse View Post
    Ron Paul supporters don't play along to get along. "Petty infighting?" I prefer to think of it as a difference of opinions.
    And that's why we don't win. Did you see Obama or Romney voters constantly complaining about his campaign manager? No they worked as a team and won.

And that's why we don't win. Did you see Obama or Romney voters constantly complaining about his campaign manager? No they worked as a team and won.
    You think it's our fault Ron Paul didn't win? Wow.

Their campaign manager did a much better job at organizing volunteers and building morale with staff. You know, building a team.

geeezus...you really believe that?....HAHAHAHA.....

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Their campaign manager did a much better job at organizing volunteers and building morale with staff. You know, building a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    geeezus...you really believe that?....HAHAHAHA.....
    I think we would do better without the constant infighting, blaming, shaming, egos and attaching pet issues to candidates that don't support them. In other words act like a powerful political machine, not a bunch of crazies. It's got so bad that the MSM comes here to get dirt on us. So yes I do.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

I agree with you to some extent, but you have to admit that there are a good portion of people, especially on this site, who would refuse to do anything the campaign asked them to do. I remember when Amash's campaign manager asked us to please comment on articles that were bashing him. Only a handful bothered. But, oh, people have plenty of time to bash anything and everything under the sun. Do anything constructive? Not so much.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I think we would do better without the constant infighting, blaming, shaming, egos and attaching pet issues to candidates that don't support them. In other words act like a powerful political machine, not a bunch of crazies. It's got so bad that the MSM comes here to get dirt on us. So yes I do.
    There are not enough +reps to give you for this.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Actually, let's just state the obvious. Rand was elected because of his father, and the GRASSROOTS on the ground doing what they always do. Helping raise funds, phone calls, door-to-door.

As for this, I guess it really depends on what you define "liberty" as. I don't see lying to supporters, sitting behind the scenes cutting deals with Mitt Romney's campaign, etc., as being very liberty minded.

Last I saw, Romney was busy busing his supporters around. It happened in 2007 at the debates. We (Ron Paul supporters) were there all day canvasing, passing out campaign info, and then about an hour (maybe 2) before the event, the Romney bus shows up and "supporters" pile off with signs to go stand in their places before the cameras.

As for "working as a team", Ron Paul 2012 didn't want to work as a team. They were the "experts", and knew exactly how to lose the nomination, while making it appear they were semi-serious about winning. It was the best of both worlds for them.

The difference between Mitt Romney and President Obama's campaigns compared to Ron Paul 2012, is that they were actually SERIOUS about winning. There's a BIG difference.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 08-15-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I just realized there's actually 3 people in that picture. Ha!

Am I the only one reading this post differently? Is the joke that Obama and Romney worked together and won? Some of us have been saying there's no difference between them, so I guess in a way Romney did win along with Obama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast