Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Flips On Five Core Campaign Promises In Under 24 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Now you are on to something. Why did the average person vote for Trump? I mean the average person in real life, not this forum. I will prioritize:

1) America first. That meant many things to them. Jobs, trade, the wall, immigration, but even foreign policy. And America-first to them meant bombing some people. He said he'd bomb ISIS, but they don't know ISIS from al-qaeda from Assad. Most of them cheered Trump's missile attack. Many of them think he just attacked ISIS. They don't see the flip-flop. When he flips on the wall and immigration, then he might find resistance from his voters.

2) He wasn't Hillary. That will never change.

3) His brash, anti-PC, anti-establishment style. That is changing a bit, the targets of his brashness are changing as he joins with the establishment. If his voters begin to see him as the establishment, there is no flip in their eyes.

4) His vow to repeal and replace Obamacare.

5) Anti-globalism, anti-intervention, humble foreign policy. Most of the Trump voters tolerated that from Trump. They could care less if he flip-flops on that. They are cheering him for this flip-flop. Now the "libertarian" Trump voters might have had this as their number one reason, but they were the minority of the actual voters. Trump has no need for them if everyone else is cheering him on this.

you forget all the people from all walks of life supporting Trump because he kicked the MSM in the balls.

Rand needs Trump skills to handle the media questions. Trump's answers to the media trying to assassinate him are to be studied.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    you forget all the people from all walks of life supporting Trump because he kicked the MSM in the balls.

Rand needs Trump skills to handle the media questions. Trump's answers to the media trying to assassinate him are to be studied.
    What planet are you posting from? Is it nice there?

Trump's one and only media skill is getting his blather broadcast over the airwaves. And he achieved that by being reliable, as he just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt by breaking every campaign promise he ever made except the one about breaking the bank to make the MIC richer.

No, Rand Paul does not need this "Trump skill". Rand Paul would not be Rand Paul if he had this "Trump skill". He would then be just another establishment-planted cuck like Trump.

There are plenty of those. We don't need more.

Kicking the media in the balls isn't exactly easy if they never get within twenty yards of you, on the orders of their corporate masters. If I kick the media in the balls in the woods where no one can hear, and there is no film at eleven, do they howl in pain?

Do they wince as they drop me on the cutting room floor, or just laugh? Does it have any impact at all on Joe Sixpack either way?

Only reliable tools get the chance to handle the media. The "Trump skill" of which you speak is called Selling Out.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-13-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rand is essentially Ron with better media skills
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    a little better, but not impressive

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not to mention getting banned from this site.
    Hey, acptulsa! Welcome back! I didn't know you were banned; thought you were just taking a break.

Trump's one and only media skill is getting his blather broadcast over the airwaves. And he achieved that by being reliable, as he just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt by breaking every campaign promise he ever made except the one about breaking the bank to make the MIC richer.

No, Rand Paul does not need this "Trump skill". Rand Paul would not be Rand Paul if he had this "Trump skill". He would then be just another establishment-planted cuck like Trump.

There are plenty of those. We don't need more.

Kicking the media in the balls isn't exactly easy if they never get within twenty yards of you, on the orders of their corporate masters. If I kick the media in the balls in the woods where no one can hear, and there is no film at eleven, do they howl in pain?

Do they wince as they drop me on the cutting room floor, or just laugh? Does it have any impact at all on Joe Sixpack either way?

Only reliable tools get the chance to handle the media. Selling out is the "Trump skill" of which you speak.
    Good back and study the replies here about Trump during the primary. Trump is going to implode. Trump that. Trump this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread $#@!s up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.
    And nothing has changed those assertions.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6251913

"Hell, the man is even talking about getting us out of NATO. That IS also a good thing." - LibertyEagle
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Actually, that's not true. He stopped the Trans Pacific Partnership on his first day in office.

Not happy at all with him right now. Who knows; it's still early. He may do something else he promised. lol

Learning how to work the media is a valuable skill for someone in politics. It's a tool in their toolkit. Just like knowing Robert's Rules of Order. The more Rand knows how to do this, the more successful he will be IF he runs again. Because if he does, the media will do their best to destroy him. Should be no newsflash there.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

"Hell, the man is even talking about getting us out of NATO. That IS also a good thing." - LibertyEagle
    Hhmmm. Did you notice what I bolded in what I quoted? That was what my remark was aimed at. Go try again now.
    ================

Hhmmm. Did you notice what I bolded in what I quoted? That was what my remark was aimed at. Go try again now.
    Yes I did. It's as if you bolded it for me to use. Anybody who continues to support trump is a Globalist NWO supporter. NATO is globalism itself.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    Probably cause by anyone who criticized trump during the campaign were called cucks, Hillary supporters/voters, NWO puppets, globalists, and so on by a group on this site. Naturally when the stooge they were pimping out here as the greatest thing since sliced bread $#@!s up, people are going to rub it in. Predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

My God you've lost your way LE! Do you realize that Ron Paul criticized Trump during the campaign? Do you think he is a "cuck" or "NWO puppet" or "Hillary supporter/voter?" Great Trump stopped the TPP. Great he put the kibash on the climate change protocols. It's an ill will that doesn't blow somebody some good. Obama got us out of Iraq sooner than Trump would have. (Trump joined in with the GOP jackasses who said we got out of Iraq too soon.) Obama didn't "bomb bomb bomb Iran" like McCain wanted to. Ron Paul called the Obama nuke deal and the opening of relations with Cuba "two most important achievements of an otherwise pretty dismal Obama presidency." So just because you can find a couple of things to like about the Obama third term of the Obama presidency doesn't mean that those who criticized Trump during the general election "Cucks, Hillary Supporters, NWO puppets" or whatever. In fact your boy Trump got money from George Soros. That, by definition, makes him a NWO puppet.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-13-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    My God you've lost your way ....
    On the bright side, her avatar is finally appropriate again, only now she ironically fills the John McCain role.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    On the bright side, her avatar is finally appropriate again, only now she ironically fills the John McCain role.
    Ouch!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Good back and study the replies here about Trump during the primary. Trump is going to implode. Trump that. Trump this.
    That is a true statement. As bad or disappointing as Trump will likely be, this reailty will not cleanse the subjectivity of the haters. I think Jmdrake and one other stated that Trump would win, despite them being opposed to his dubious candidacy. Other people couldn't separate the hate from the political analysis.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-13-2017 at 05:34 PM.

So anyone who did not support $#@!head are those things?
    Mordan on Ron Paul: "But with Trump specifically he decided that Trump was just as bad as Hillary. He is a senile moron for saying that."

Can the mods remove Liberty from LE name? Maybe she can be Cuck eagle or war eagle, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Last edited by Pizzo; 04-13-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Mordan on Ron Paul: "But with Trump specifically he decided that Trump was just as bad as Hillary. He is a senile moron for saying that."

That would fall under number 3...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Can the mods remove Liberty from LE name? Maybe she can be Cuck eagle or war eagle, something like that.
    that seems fair

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The election is over. Time to focus on issues, and return to a more normal and civil environment. Thanks.

Guidelines:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1989

Community Values
    As a community:
    We value independent thought, critical thinking and logical arguments that provide unique insight.
    We value a plethora of viewpoints. All are welcomed except those based on negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than as individuals. Sexism, racism and anti-semitism are the antithesis of our values.
    We value the sharing of news and information relevant to our Mission.
    We value the development of wisdom though a high level of community discourse.
    We value a focus on debating issues while being civil, on-topic and avoiding personal commentary on other members.
    We value an understanding that name-calling of any person or group proves nothing and has no worthy intellectual foundation.
    We value efforts and attitudes that build fellowship and an effective community. We encourage the personal development, success and individual enrichment of our members, as well as the welcoming of new members.
    We value efforts to achieve success within our Mission.

Community Guidelines
    In order to effectively achieve our Mission the site's Community Guidelines must be followed, which apply to forum posts, reputation comments, blogs, private messages and all other forms of site content.

Critical Guidelines Focus
    The following guidelines are of critical concern with little to no tolerance of deviation from the staff:

Operate within morally sound laws. Promoting violence, theft or other illegal activities will not be tolerated.
    Respect others' copyrights, intellectual property and contracts, per legal standards. Limit fair-use posting of copyright material to the lesser of four paragraphs or a quarter of the writing.
    Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism and anti-semitism; they will not be tolerated here.
    No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    Do note disrupt Mission-supporting activism efforts.

The Community Guidelines are as follows:

1) Be ethical.
    Be honest and truthful.
    Operate within morally sound laws. Promoting violence, theft or other illegal activities will not be tolerated.
    Respect others' copyrights, intellectual property and contracts, per legal standards. Limit fair-use posting of copyright material to the lesser of four paragraphs or a quarter of the writing.
    Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism, anti-semitism; they will not be tolerated here.
    Work to promote a peaceful, freedom-loving, compassionate society.

2) Treat others with respect.
    Do not make accusations, declarations on others' character, question their motives, be judgmental, assign them to a group or make any other negative personal commentary of members.
    No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    Do not suggest that other members should leave or that they otherwise don't belong here.
    Do not publicly discuss which site members you don't like, who is on your ignore list or similar.
    No misquoting other members when debating, such as with "fixed it for you."
    Be respectful of others' religion or lack thereof.
    No posting of anyone's personal contact information or members' personal details.
    See the "Being Respectful" section below for more details.
    Being Respectful
    Maintaining a proper decorum is essential for any group, and is critically important for online political forums. Being respectful of others is an important part of that and required by the Community Guidelines. Here are some examples of being respectful vs. not:
    "You're an idiot for thinking that." -- not respectful since the statement is based on an insult.
    "Your delusional thinking" -- not respectful since your statement is based on an insult.
    "Here are the problems with your line of thinking..." -- respectful, you don't have to agree and can present logical counter-arguments.
    "Troll" -- calling other members a troll is not respectful and implies you know the intent of the member.
    Religious context: See this special instructional thread.
    Dealing with Conflict and Guideline Violations
    If you see a problem with a specific post violating the guidelines you can report it to the site staff with the use of the report option grouped with that post.
    If you see another member's behavior driving down the level of site discourse, not contained to a single message, you can report it to the site staff.

If you take issue with another member:

Do:
    Debate the issues. Attack bad ideas and questionable information.
    If a user keeps rehashing the same debate, call for a "Site Issue Evaluation" debate thread on the issues in accordance with our "Site Issue Evaluations - Managing Contentious Issues" policy. Message the staff for details if needed.
    Put the user on your ignore list.

Don't:
    Do not call other members names such as idiot, troll, liberal (unless self-labeled) or other names.
    Do not antagonize other members by calling them out in thread titles.
    Do not hunt down random posts by a user to apply negative reputation points.
    Do not use PMs or rep messages as a backhanded way to break the guidelines.
    Do not attempt to rally a negative campaign against the member.
    Do not accuse others of violating the guidelines.
    Do not retaliate if attacked; refocus the discussion to the topic, call for the discussion to be kept civil or do not respond.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Dr Paul reached me many years ago with his "Texas Straight Talk" articles.

I don't know if Rand would of been as effective moving me away from bad ideas as Ron was.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Dr Paul reached me many years ago with his "Texas Straight Talk" articles.

I don't know if Rand would of been as effective moving me away from bad ideas as Ron was.
    Ron is good for 20 minute sitdown interviews, Rand is better at doing the 8-minute TV hits with the cable networks where they are constantly trying to get him to react on the trivial stuff of the day. Ron used to get frustrated with them during the 2012 campaign.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

That would fall under number 3...
    Right but you conclusion of point number 3 is off base. People are going to notice.

As for the renewal of antipathy, most Trump supporters agree what is happening is bad. However those paid shills continue to use emotions, fake arguments, FUD. All the arsenal of a trained FUDer. The same paid for shills that FUDDED the Coffee McDonald case with the old lady eventually getting big bucks. But the FUD kepting pouring. Because it is their job. As LibertyEagle said.. we are not happy. There is a logical reason for what is happening. As Mr Medvedev said.. the deep state eventually got Trump compromised. And anyways Trump never was elected as a Libertarian. I knew Trump was moderate in his soul. He is a former democrat.

Right but you conclusion of point number 3 is off base. People are going to notice.

As for the renewal of antipathy, most Trump supporters agree what is happening is bad. However those paid shills continue to use emotions, fake arguments, FUD. All the arsenal of a trained FUDer. The same paid for shills that FUDDED the Coffee McDonald case with the old lady eventually getting big bucks. But the FUD kepting pouring. Because it is their job. As LibertyEagle said.. we are not happy. There is a logical reason for what is happening. As Mr Medvedev said.. the deep state eventually got Trump compromised. And anyways Trump never was elected as a Libertarian. I knew Trump was moderate in his soul. He is a former democrat.
    All of the Joe-Sixpack Trump voters that I know IRL support the expanded wars. As far as the media, they think that Trump has tamed the media and the media is finally coming around.

Appears he has been totally castrated and housebroken by the deep state and neocons.
    His mistake was allowing any of the neocon warmongers into his administration at all, which began with his choice of Pence for VP, and then not immediately cleaning house when he got there.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I disagree with the premise. He just lied to his base like the previous presidents. Their foreign policy made the same sense his does.
    WRONG! [Channel Alec Baldwin] Trump's Lies are the best! The best words and the best lies! That, I can tell you.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Mr. Medved ? As in Michael Medved? Oh, are you a regular listener of his?
    "The Patriarch"

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    WRONG! [Channel Alec Baldwin] Trump's Lies are the best! The best words and the best lies! That, I can tell you.
    His lies sucked. He even try to hint people with the Snake song:

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Mr. Medved ? As in Michael Medved? Oh, are you a regular listener of his?
    Russian's prime minister.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast