Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Picks Pro Wrestling Mogul Linda McMahon To Run Small Business Administration

Trump Picks Pro Wrestling Mogul Linda McMahon To Run Small Business Administration

"While some of Trump's previous administration picks have raised an eyebrow or two in the past two weeks, his choice of Linda McMahon, pro wrestling mogul and wife of WWE legend Vince McMahon, to head the Small Business Administration will likely be his most scrutizined yet."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-07/trump-picks-pro-wrsteling-mogul-linda-mcmahon-run-small-business-administration

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is no less insulting than if Trump had picked someone from the Wal-Mart board.
    http://deadspin.com/donald-trump-nam...bus-1789799323

Linda donated $6 million to a super PAC funding Trump’s presidential campaign

[]

have given $5 million to the Trump Foundation
    Last edited by presence; 12-07-2016 at 05:40 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

She's had political aspirations in the past, I believe she ran for Senate before and lost. They probably gave a lot to Trump for his campaign but I believe they're also friends.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

You left out the best part

It is hard to think of any person whose life work has been more inimical to workers, and indeed to small businesses, than McMahon. WWE has made untold profits from using labor loopholes to classify its employees as “independent contractors,” denying them overtime despite grueling travel schedules and health care despite the physical toll taken by the job. WWE has made aggressive use of industry tax credits designed to create jobs even as it laid off workers, and smothered even the slightest unionization efforts. Her company has obtained a de facto monopoly in the pro wrestling business through a ruthless campaign of crushing, suing, and pricing out competitors, many of them actual small businesses. This is no less insulting than if Trump had picked someone from the Wal-Mart board.

#MAGA, LOL
    Last edited by scm; 12-07-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Donald Trump bodyslams, beats and shaves Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania XXIII

The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post

It is hard to think of any person whose life work has been more inimical to workers, and indeed to small businesses, than McMahon. WWE has made untold profits from using labor loopholes to classify its employees as “independent contractors,” denying them overtime despite grueling travel schedules and health care despite the physical toll taken by the job. WWE has made aggressive use of industry tax credits designed to create jobs even as it laid off workers, and smothered even the slightest unionization efforts. Her company has obtained a de facto monopoly in the pro wrestling business through a ruthless campaign of crushing, suing, and pricing out competitors, many of them actual small businesses. This is no less insulting than if Trump had picked someone from the Wal-Mart board.

#MAGA, LOL
    Use the statist laws to your advantage. Or go out of business.

At least Trump is being consistent with his Big Time Wrestling model for government.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    She's had political aspirations in the past, I believe she ran for Senate before and lost. They probably gave a lot to Trump for his campaign but I believe they're also friends.
    She ran against Peter Schiff...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

#MAGA, LOL
    Are you a libertarian arguing in favor of the labor laws and has a problem with independent contractors? So what if they have smothered unionization effforts and priced out competitors! You aren't seriously arguing that the govt should have stopped that are you?

Oh noes, the WWE has made untold profits! The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Donald Trump bodyslams, beats and shaves Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania XXIII

Look up American Greatness in the dictionary and it will have this video.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

For a guy who said he would not be giving any favors to people who contributed to his campaign since he had so much money and didn't need to sell influence and can't even be influenced, he is sure giving a lot of them jobs in his administration. Pay to play is still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Are you a libertarian arguing in favor of the labor laws and has a problem with independent contractors? So what if they have smothered unionization effforts and priced out competitors! You aren't seriously arguing that the govt should have stopped that are you?

Oh noes, the WWE has made untold profits! The horror.
    You aren't seriously arguing that she's good for this position, are you?

Who better to run a security organization than a professional thief?

Did her pick her by her p.......?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You aren't seriously arguing that she's good for this position, are you?
    I don't really know enough about her to say she is or is not; but everything you said indicates she might be good in the position as she learned about the many difficulties of growing a business and how to succeed anyways. Did the WWE get where they are via govt handouts and govt aid? If not, then, "yes" I'd give her a shot.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 12-08-2016 at 08:31 AM.

I don't really know enough about her to say she is or is not; but everything you said indicates she might be good in the position as she learned about the many difficulties of growing a business and how to succeed anyways. Did the WWE get where they are via govt handouts and govt aid? If not, then, "yes" I'd give her a shot.

This is how a libertarian operates. Honest and principled. They don't game the system for their benefit, then take it over to "make sure other can't do what they did".

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 from his office budget to the U.S. Treasury
    http://ivn.us/2011/04/02/ron-paul-re...t-us-treasury/
    Last edited by scm; 12-08-2016 at 08:45 AM.

This is how a libertarian operates. Honest and principled. They don't game the system for their benefit, then take it over to "make sure other can't do what they did".

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 from his office budget to the U.S. Treasury
    http://ivn.us/2011/04/02/ron-paul-re...t-us-treasury/
    you are comparing an awesome person like Dr. Paul returning his unspent govt office budget from taxes stolen, to a person trying to run a business in a hostile environment? lol you people are delusional. why don't you go back to moaning about all the untold profits she helped the WWE earn. the horror.

you are comparing an awesome person like Dr. Paul returning his unspent govt office budget from taxes stolen, to a person trying to run a business in a hostile environment? lol you people are delusional. why don't you go back to moaning about all the untold profits she helped the WWE earn. the horror.

"WWE has made aggressive use of industry tax credits designed to create jobs even as it laid off workers"

PFFT

You left out the best part:
    WWE has made untold profits from using labor loopholes to classify its employees as “independent contractors,” denying them overtime despite grueling travel schedules and health care despite the physical toll taken by the job.
    Uh huh. Something tells me you may find Presence quite insufficiently horrified by the Unspeakabke Evil that is hiring people as Independent contractors instead of good, taxed, regulated, withheld-from and tracked Employees like every Virtuous, Civic-Minded Business Establishment insists on doing.

Yes, he might not be as bitter as you are nor as hopped-up about our National Need to stomp out the phenomenon of voluntary people voluntarily contracting with each other to provide services and exchange funds. With your need to shame any such participants in such shenanigans, demanding they stay far away from any position of leadership or admiration. Such people only deserve to be hated and spit upon, right scm?

And "untold profits!" Why, that's beyond the pale! Right, Presence?

Ha ha ha ha ha! And you thought Presence would agree with you! Ha, ha, ha!!!
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 12-08-2016 at 09:49 AM.

"WWE has made aggressive use of industry tax credits designed to create jobs even as it laid off workers"

PFFT
    And? Seriously? A business should be able to fire and lay off workers whenever and wherever it wants. And they should definitely use whatever tax credits they can legally use. You seem to be on the wrong site, you should go to the DU or something.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Uh huh. Something tells me you may find Presence quite insufficiently horrified by the Unspeakabke Evil that is hiring people as Independent contractors instead of good, taxed, regulated, withheld-from and tracked Employees like every Virtuous, Civic-Minded Business Establishment insists on doing.

Yes, he might not be as bitter as you are nor as hopped-up about our National Need to stomp out the phenomenon of voluntary people voluntarily contracting with each other to provide services and exchange funds. With your need to shame any such participants in such shenanigans, demanding they stay far away from any position of leadership or admiration. Such people only deserve to be hated and spit upon, right scm?

And "untold profits!" Why, that's beyond the pale! Right, Presence?

Ha ha ha ha ha! And you thought Presence would agree with you! Ha, ha, ha!!!
    When did I say I agree/disagree with any of it?

When did I say I agree/disagree with any of it?
    Very, very Nice Try!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    g labor loopholes to classify its employees as “independent contractors,” denying them overtime despite grueling travel schedules and health care.....

#MAGA, LOL
    I like how they interchange health insurance with health care.

In my book, making America great doesn't mean forcing employers to pay minimum wages, much less OT and health insurance. Apparently your government model looks different than Ron Paul's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    For a guy who said he would not be giving any favors to people who contributed to his campaign since he had so much money and didn't need to sell influence and can't even be influenced, he is sure giving a lot of them jobs in his administration. Pay to play is still in effect.
    People pissed when he hired insiders are now butthurt because he hired someone from outside the beltway. #ColorMeShocked

All I see is snowflakes triggering. MAGA.

Edit; scm needs to disclose that he is a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

#MAGA, LOL
    I guess now I like her.

. This is no less insulting than if Trump had picked someone from the Wal-Mart board.

#MAGA, LOL
    Hillary Clinton was a WalMart director for 6 years.

Did scm just completely out himself as a communist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast