Thread: Report: Joe Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline Permit on Day One

Exclamation Report: Joe Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline Permit on Day One

Report: Joe Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline Permit on Day One

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...it-on-day-one/

Joel B. Pollak 17 Jan 2021

President-elect Joe Biden plans to cancel the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline on his first day in office, according to several news sources.

The decision delighted advocates of the so-called “Green New Deal,” but will disappoint Biden’s own political allies in the trade union movement, who had backed the pipeline for the thousands of jobs it would create.

As Breitbart News reported last year:

The Keystone XL pipeline would run from Canada’s oil sands in Alberta across the border and into Nebraska. From there, the oil would be pumped through existing pipelines to refineries in the Gulf of Mexico. The project passed environmental reviews under the Obama administration, but was stalled due to opposition from environmental groups concerned about climate. (Supporters of the pipeline noted the oil would be extracted, regardless: the alternative was export to China.)

President Donald Trump issued an executive order on his third full day in office effectively giving the green light to Keystone XL, inviting it to re-apply for permits and instructing federal agencies to move the project along rapidly.

Biden, who is the presumptive Democratic Party nominee, promised in May that he would stop the Keystone XL pipeline “for good” if he was elected president.

Four labor unions — the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the International Union of Operating Engineers, the Laborers International Union of North America (LiUNA), and the United Association of Union Plumbers and Pipefitters — reached a project labor agreement (PLA) last August with TC Energy, the Canadian company responsible for the pipeline.

But it may all be to no avail, as Politico reported Sunday evening:

President-elect Joe Biden will rescind the cross-border permit for TC Energy’s Keystone XL pipeline on his first day in office, three sources confirm to POLITICO.

The move is billed as one of Biden’s Day One climate change actions, according to a presentation circulating among Washington trade groups and lobbyists, a portion of which was seen by POLITICO. The decision was not included in incoming chief of staff Ron Klain’s Saturday memo outlining Biden’s planned executive actions during the first days of his presidency.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), a co-sponsor of the “Green New Deal,” welcomed the news of Keystone XL’s cancelation:

The Keystone pipeline is & always has been a disaster. I'm delighted that Joe Biden will cancel the Keystone permit on his first day in office. With all of the major crises facing America, we must never lose sight of the most existential threat facing our planet: climate change. https://t.co/8lDZDOgsVy

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) January 18, 2021

Sanders did not mention the unions, nor the workers on the pipeline, or the jobs that would be created in related industries.

Conservatives have defended the pipeline as environmentally sound, as well as helpful for America’s energy security. But liberals have targeted it as a symbol of the fossil fuel industry.

Biden also reportedly intends to rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement upon taking office, though even climate experts admitted it did little to curb emissions. The U.S. has reduced emissions even while opting out of the Paris accord, and even while growing the economy — thanks in large part to the fracking industry, which has assisted in moving the U.S. from coal to natural gas as a cleaner-burning energy source.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol

Every day, Atlas Shrugged becomes more and more of a prophesy.

So Biden's solution is to use more CO2 to transport the oil where it is ultimately going.

Why does the president have the power to stop private projects he doesn't like for political reasons?

Can the company not win in court saying that the project was approved already?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

i'm not a fan of the Canadian style oil sand methods.

But other than that..........

We are watching an entire nation performing autoerotic asphyxiation.

What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    So Biden's solution is to use more CO2 to transport the oil where it is ultimately going.
    Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

Let's ship it around the world, to China instead of using it ourselves.

Enjoy your 8 buck a gallon gas.

this is what happens when dimwits vote for dimwits .

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Why does the president have the power to stop private projects he doesn't like for political reasons?

The construction permits would be issued by EPA, I believe, under NPDES. EPA is an executive agency, and as president Biden would have the ability to unilaterally withdraw the permits. I'm sure there will be a civil lawsuit filed by TransCanada.

But here is the relevant question:

Why does the president have the power to...
    We can thank Nixon for the existence of EPA. And we can thank the unstoppable, unquenchable, grinding wheel of the Cathedral and all its acolytes for the accumulation of these and countless more powers to the office of the executive.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    But here is the relevant question:

Why does the president have the power to...
    We can thank Nixon for the existence of EPA. And we can thank the unstoppable, unquenchable, grinding wheel of the Cathedral and all its acolytes for the accumulation of these and countless more powers to the office of the executive.
    But ... muh Constitution ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    But ... muh Constitution ...

If you look closely, you can see muh CONstitution under their feet.

President Donald Trump issued an executive order on his third full day in office effectively giving the green light to Keystone XL, inviting it to re-apply for permits and instructing federal agencies to move the project along rapidly.
    Somebody didn't know the meaning of the word “rapidly”. This was predictable. Not finishing the pipeline was the mistake.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Somebody didn't know the meaning of the word “rapidly”. This was predictable. Not finishing the pipeline was the mistake.
    It has been perpetually delayed by lawsuits, injunctions, and protests.

The left will never allow this pipeline to flow oil. The right could learn a lot from their tactics. The problem is that the right is TERRIFIED of being vilified by the leftist media.

The left will never allow this pipeline to flow oil. The right could learn a lot from their tactics. The problem is that the right is TERRIFIED of being vilified by the leftist media.
    The non-left needs to grow a pair and fast.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The non-left needs to grow a pair and fast.
    We'll die of old age waiting for that to happen.

The endangered Pine Weasel strikes again.

+rep

And for the life of me, outside of the obvious Quislings and collaborators, I cannot understand why.

The Marxist media organs, now more than ever, are never going to give a "fair shake" to anybody to the right of Chairman Mao.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

I don't know what will happen with the XL specifically, but don't forget that the same mind control games that were run on the right by Trump will be run on the left by Biden. Remember how there were many breathless reports of what Trump was doing that turned out to be bs or even Trump himself declaring he was doing something but then didn't actually do it? The same stuff will be run on the left by the new boss. He's the same as the old boss in most ways, including political tactics to assuage the base. Just .02. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the XL is still completed. Example: I remember when Trump declared he "exited" the Paris Accord to start his term. Guess what? We never left it and the withdrawal didn't take effect until after his term ends tomorrow. Biden has already pledged to "rejoin" the Accord on day one. So in reality we never actually exited the Paris Accord but Trump's base spent the last 4 years thinking we did. How many people may believe the XL has been canceled while it's literally being built at the same time?
    Last edited by devil21; 01-19-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep

And for the life of me, outside of the obvious Quislings and collaborators, I cannot understand why.

The Marxist media organs, now more than ever, are never going to give a "fair shake" to anybody to the right of Chairman Mao.
    I think ultimately China wants that oil and sees us as it's competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yes, I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't know what will happen with the XL specifically, but don't forget that the same mind control games that were run on the right by Trump will be run on the left by Biden. Remember how there were many breathless reports of what Trump was doing that turned out to be bs or even Trump himself declaring he was doing something but then didn't actually do it? The same stuff will be run on the left by the new boss. He's the same as the old boss in most ways, including political tactics to assuage the base. Just .02. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the XL is still completed. Example: I remember when Trump declared he "exited" the Paris Accord to start his term. Guess what? We never left it and the withdrawal didn't take effect until after his term ends tomorrow. Biden has already pledged to "rejoin" the Accord on day one. So in reality we never actually exited the Paris Accord but Trump's base spent the last 4 years thinking we did. How many people may believe the XL has been canceled while it's literally being built at the same time?
    Words have meaning and weight.

I'm in a financial nine line bind because just Biden's rhetoric alone has been enough to crush oil drilling prospects in my line of work.

Thousands of other people, many known to me personally, are bankrupt or out of work because of it.

Would you invest billions of dollars into a business that the entire incoming administration has openly stated they want to destroy?

These people losing their livelihoods are not phantasms of a mind control op.

I'm in a financial nine line bind because just Biden's rhetoric alone has been enough to crush oil drilling prospects in my line of work.

Thousands of other people, many known to me personally, are bankrupt or out of work because of it.

Would you invest billions of dollars into a business that the entire incoming administration has openly stated they want to destroy?

That sound you heard was my point flying overhead. Just because these puppets say something doesn't mean it's actually happening. I hope you don't really think that oil drilling and transport will stop on this landmass. The difference is that it won't be used here but instead shipped off to China or India or wherever and it very well may not be Americans doing the work. For that reason, yes, it may affect your line of work but it doesn't necessarily make the report any more true. This landmass will still produce and transport oil and natural gas, but we'll all be riding around in electric cars. The manufactured public perception of what is happening is very often not what is actually happening. Politics and public announcements, repeated by the media, very often are nothing more than mind control, in the form of managing public perception of what is happening. Like I said, the same perception games that Trump played on his base Biden will play on his. Presidents are little more than PR agents of bankers and corporations. How many of the left believed automatically that Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord just because he said he did, then called him a "planet killer" or similar? Don't be like the left during Trump's term and kneejerk with every report. Inability to rationally analyze situations impedes ability to strategize and plan for yourself.

All of those "no-go zones" (most of this landmass) proposed by Agenda 2030 will leave those spaces open and out-of-sight-of-public-scrutiny for massive resource harvesting, which will be sent to "developing economies". That includes oil and natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If China wants that oil, and Biden is an asset of China (the WEF, really, but for brevity) why would he actually cancel a project that allows for easier export of that oil? That makes no sense.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-19-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I remember when Trump declared he "exited" the Paris Accord to start his term. Guess what? We never left it and the withdrawal didn't take effect until after his term ends tomorrow. Biden has already pledged to "rejoin" the Accord on day one. So in reality we never actually exited the Paris Accord but Trump's base spent the last 4 years thinking we did.
    Trump scores points with his peeps for something that never actually happened ("exiting" the Accord).

And Biden scores points with his peeps for something that never actually happened ("rejoining" the Accord).

And yet, nothing actually changed (or really even happened) at all.

Pretty neat how that works, ain't it?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-19-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Look, I'm with you on the rhetoric coming out of the upcoming bloviator in chief, but WTI is holding fairly steady through all of it, Nat Gas hasn't moved on much other than a poor winter longer term forecast, and there are still a lot of FRN's being thrown into the hat in O&G. Here in the Appalachian, Shell is near completion on a $5B ethane cracker that I doubt they built on hope and well wishes; EQT just plunked down $750M to acquire Chevron's acreage.

My expectation is that Biden will ban drilling on Federal land. That has no impact in the Appalachian, and overall it's relatively meaningless - in fact, the minimal decrease in supply will push prices incrementally higher. Plus, f**k the feds making a penny off of our industry.

ETA: I guess my overall point is that Biden's rhetoric isn't having that much of a cooling effect on the industry at this point. I'm sure there is some money sitting on the sidelines waiting to see how he's going to rule (ahem), but not a lot has changed based on his election, nor on his rhetoric.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 01-19-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Trump scores points with his peeps for something that never actually happened ("exiting" the Accord).

And Biden scores points with his peeps for something that never actually happened ("rejoining" the Accord).

And yet, nothing actually changed (or really even happened) at all.

Pretty neat how that works, ain't it?
    Kabuki Theatre for the masses.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.